Start by marking “Assassin's Creed: The Official Movie Novelization” as Want to Read:
Assassin's Creed: The Official Movie Novelization

Assassin's Creed: The Official Movie Novelization

(Assassin's Creed)

The official movie novelization of the "Assassin's Creed" motion picture starring Michael Fassbender.

This premium hardcover edition features exclusive behind the scenes details on the creation of the Assassin`s Creed movie, as well as stills from the film and a special code to unlock Assassin's Creed rewards through Ubisoft Club's loyalty program.

We work in the dark to se
Hardcover, Special Edition, 304 pages
Published December 21st 2016 by Ubisoft Publishing

Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Assassin's Creed movie fans.
"We work in the dark to serve the Light."
Cal took a breath.
"We are... Assassins."

description

No matter what the critics say, I really liked both the movie and the book. I have no clue about the Assassin's Creed game. Never played it and probably never will. That said, I'm a huge Michael Fassbender fan and I liked all his movies.
AMEERA
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
bad story but excited for the next one
Hayat
DNF@ page 118

I've never read anything about Assassin's Creed, played the games or watched the movie but the official film tie-in book looked interesting and I was intrigued after reading the blurb.
Through a revolutionary technology that unlocks his genetic memories, Callum Lynch experiences the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. Callum discovers he is descended from a mysterious secret society, the Assassins, and amasses incredible knowledge and skills to take on the o
Wayne
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I'm a huge fan of Assassins creed.
Love the games.
Love the books by Oliver Bowden
Love the new YA series

Movie not so much. It was OK but not as good as it could have been (I've still seen it twice though)

This book though was so much better.
The movie suffered because it didn't explain enough of what was happening and what had been. The book expanded on that and it was brilliant.

Christie Golden is also a very good writer and proved it with this book.

The world building was brilliant and not ju
Tilly
This was SO much better than I was expecting! There was more depth to the story than just a simple retelling of the film and the side characters who we see but barely meet in the film - Moussa, Emir, Lin, Nathan - are introduced and developed.
Perhaps the best part was how it didn't feel like a novel based on a film; Christie Golden is a talented writer and it was a pleasure to read.
Femke
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 stars!

Let me start off by saying that by no means did I hate the movie, unlike most people. I thought it was quite enjoyable, which may also be due to the fact that I actually never played the games. I do have to admit that there were definitely some things in the movie that didn't add up, or were weird etc. I decided to read the movie tie-in to see if some of those things were clearer in the book than in the movie, and I do have to say that all in all, I prefer the book over the movie. Don
Fatima Hojeij
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
I picked this up after I watched the movie which was pretty much shortly after it was released. Saw it at the bookshop next to uni and immediately bought it.

I'm one of those who've actually played the games and loved the movie at the same time. What an infidel, I know.
*picture a gaurd shouting infidel from AC1*

It's a movie, you can't expect it to cover all what the games and books covered before. How long exactly do you want it to be?

Plus it had to appeal to a wider audience and not ju
Dani
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
"The past is behind us but the choices we make live with us forever.
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.

We work in the Dark to serve the Light.

We are Assassins."

This is the Creed's oath that I pledged to serve the first time I had the chance to see Altaïr stories with my own eyes.

I've been a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise for a long time. I can tell you that I own every sin
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
Now I must start by saying I am a big fan of anything Assassin Creed and was delighted it was being turned into a film, so I just had to read the book before I watched the film. However, I didn’t find this one as good as the series of Assassin Creed I have previously read. It is a brilliant story line but I wasn’t as hooked as I was with the series and I think that’s because they’ve turned it into a more 21st century story rather than the old series. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading this one even ...more
ضحى الحداد
And with this book I'm officially out of the AC universe ..
This book is the novelization of the movie which I liked so much and I was so excited to read it .. alas from my rating you can tell that I was not pleased, I liked the movie way better than the book, it didn't add anything to the story and it was boring most of the time .. I wanted to see more of how Cal was thinking but there was only Dr.Sophia, yeah .. not very pleased

now I can say good bye to this series .. it was a nice ride, not
Julia Kamerling
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘’Assassin’s Creed is getting its own movie.’’
I remember how thrilled I was when I first heard the news. For over a year or perhaps longer, I checked every bit of new information about the movie as soon as it was released.
Moreover, it would mean a new installment in the book series would be released. As a loyal reader of the Assassin’s Creed books, I was tempted to pick it up before the premiere. However, since the story would follow that of the movie, I did not buy it when it came out and ru
Kara
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
As a novice to the Assassins Creed franchise (only recently becoming addicted to gaming) I had little prior knowledge of Abstergo industries. Assassins Creed Syndicate offers little backstory and due to this I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Cal was a charming character, a true anti-hero. His dark nature made him endearing. All this surrounding by an intriguing storyline and epic battles. Yes, it isn't the best written book, but the plot and characters mean it didn't really matter.

A charming book.
Brian Wilkerson
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I watched the Assassin's Creed film shortly after it came out last year. Amazed, I bought other Assassin's Creed media, such as the first game and the first movie's novelization. After reading the latter, I'm off the opinion that the movie is an adaptation of the book instead of the other way around because it provides the kind of context and character information that is typically excluded from movies that are made from books by nature of the medium. Whether this is a good point on the book or ...more
Amber Bloom
Jun 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
I’m a huge fan of the Assassin’s Creed games but I’ve never read the books. I saw this one in the charity shop and figured it was worth a read. I can’t believe how let down I am by it!

I rarely find a book that I can’t find anything positive to say about but this one I honestly can’t. There was just no depth to anything. I feel like the author skimmed the surface on every single detail from character building to overall plot. It was so bland and lacking in any sort of substance or emotion. I lik
DebLoveBooks
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
English-Italiano

I literally loved this book! This is the first book about this serie that I read and I'm looking forward to reading the next one!
The writing style is easy and not too hard. I really like how the author use the right combination between description and dialogue.
This is one of those stories that you can't stop to reading until you are at the end of the book.
So, for these reasons, I gave him five stars.

Ho letteralmente amato questo libro! Questo è il primo libro di questa serie ch
Ginger
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I really am a fan of novelizations, I like getting just a bit more to the story. As I am also an Assassin's Creed fan, this was just delightful. It does follow the movie closely: Cal, after his death is faked, is taken by Abstergo to a secret facility. Once there they put him into the Animus to force him to relive his ancestor Aguliar's life to find the Apple of Eden. And here we have the basic background of the games. Unlike the game more of the story is in modern time rather than in the past. ...more
Nkandu Mukabe
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
I wanted so much to like this book. I loved the games. They were thrilling, interesting, exciting, sometimes scary (cos I'm such a noob). This book was none of that.
The characters had zero depth to them, and the book only had a few moments when I could really feel engaged and empathetic.
But the worst part, the WORST PART was all the grammatical errors in this book. It was like it was barely edited at all. I could maybe forgive everything else, but not the punctuation and spelling mistakes (I sta
Rick Norman
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My feelings regarding this book

A good novelization enhances one’s understanding and appreciation of the movie it portrays. Until watching the movie and then reading the book I had no idea regarding the nature of either, but now I feel like I have been brought into a wonderful new world based on events of long ago as well as today. There is always something to be learned from a novelization and this book is no different, again enhancing and boardening one’s appreciation of events and the people w
Sandra J
My issue with this book concerns it's game adaptation. After having played years, in the assasin universe, this book in comparison was. ... lacking. I imagine if I was able to forget about the games, I would have loved it, but fir me it compares to twenty percent of the nature of the games, where I was expecting a hundred.
Alex Jory
Still an interesting tale, but lacking real depth to truly fulfil the reader and immerse them in the experience. The book doesn’t give much more than the movie, when books should really encourage the imagination and deliver so much more. Multiple grammatical errors didn’t improve the experience, seemingly the book lacked a little finesse and care.
Munaya Al salhee
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 Stars!.

Saw the movie twice and I really enjoyed it even thought I have yet to play the game.

The book is really fast paced and not dull and gives you more information in the end about some of the characters that u didn’t known in the movie.
Nick
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable enough story with some odd plot ideas (the mysterious apple that somehow has the encoded DNA of free will...) but still keep you reading. Certainly not an amazing book but if you haven't seen the film or played the games (like me) then itll be a good read.
Carmen Mitchell
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Given this wasnt an actual Oliver Bowden book, I still enjoyed it and I am a big fan of the movie as well. I particularly enjoyed the animus excerpts at the end of the book for a couple of the other assassin characters.
Graham Holt
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
It was okay but could have been much better, however as it is from the film, it was constricted.
Lgerd
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
A real struggle, this book. Completely fails to engage you with the main character's fate. Secondary characters, the descendants of game-related ppl, were much more captivating.
JY Tan
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Official movie tie in is surprisingly interesting. Don't think I remembered how much I enjoyed this series since the Ezio stories until this one.
miri
May 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This book needs some serious editing.
Dylan
Jan 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Boring story, but good literature
Toreisii
Something about the writing of this book felt lukewarm. The action scenes in particular weren't suspenseful and the book could have improved with better, nuanced characterization. It's not unlikable but it's not something I'll remember in a few days.
Kati
A nice addition to the movie that helped me understand some of the scenes better, it gave them a different meaning than I thought they had while I was watching the film in the cinema. On the other hand, it's pretty much word for word what we saw happening on-screen. Only the Regressions at the end, used to flesh out the secondary characters, were new.

• The Secret Journal of Ichabod Crane
  • Fate of the Gods (Assassin's Creed: Last Descendants, #3)
  • Desert Oath: The Official Prequel to Assassin's Creed Origins (Assassin's Creed, #0.5)
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 4
  • Inuyasha, Volume 05 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • Bless the Child
  • Disney at Last (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #3)
  • The Counterfeit Guest
  • Zarina and the Djinn (Once Upon a Spell, #5)
  • Rose of the Oath: A Beauty and the Beast Novella (Legends of Light # 1)
  • Emily Hudson
  • Lady Jane Grey
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2
  • Roses in Amber: A Beauty and the Beast story
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn

Assassin's Creed (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Assassin's Creed: Renaissance (Assassin's Creed, #1)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Assassin's Creed, #2)
  • Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade (Assassin's Creed, #3)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Assassin's Creed, #4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Forsaken (Assassin's Creed, #5)
  • Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (Assassin's Creed, #6)
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity (Assassin's Creed, #7)
  • Assassin's Creed: Underworld (Assassin's Creed, #8)
  • Assassin's Creed: Heresy (Assassin's Creed, #9)
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey (The Official Novelization)