Start by marking “A Story That Matters: A Gratifying Approach to Writing About Your Life” as Want to Read:
A Story That Matters: A Gratifying Approach to Writing About Your Life

A Story That Matters: A Gratifying Approach to Writing About Your Life

No matter who you are, your story is a part of something big―the fabric of history and the human experience. Once written and shared, your story will change someone. And that someone is most likely you.

A Story that Matters offers an accessible and simplified way to get your stories written. Each chapter is divided into three sections: the first discusses memoir writing in
Published May 2nd 2017 by Sparkpress

To ask other readers questions about A Story That Matters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Story That Matters

Natalie Carrington
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I was lucky enough to get my hands on this beautiful book at the perfect time. It's inspired me to start writing again! If only I could attach a picture of what my book looks like now: Full of post its and saturated in my over eager highlighter. Happy that I've found a writing book that I already know I will return to time and time again for inspiration and guidance. My only selfish qualm is that I want more! Accompanying Workbooks perhaps? If so, sign me up!
Elaine Tansley
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
For anyone who wants to write about their life, but feels daunted by the task this is a good book to help simplify the process by breaking it down into writing individual stories around specific life themes. Ideal for the writing novice or somebody who wants to record their own history for their children or for future generations.

The chapters are broken down into smaller sections and the book is full of writing and editing tips for those new to writing and brimming with quotes and examples from
Deborah
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I appreciated the organized and accessible way that Carroll presents the art of telling one's own stories. Clearly directed towards the novice writer, this is the kind of book that will send its readers out in search of notebooks and setting alarm clocks for the wee hours of the morning. The quality of the writing seems to be secondary to the action. As a tool for self-discovery and validation, this book will be a valuable introduction for someone who needs an extra push towards the desk. More e ...more
Chaya Nebel
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
For anyone who has thought about putting their life story to paper, but is daunted by the Herculean task with no idea of where to begin (like me), this book is just the thing to get you started. Gina Carroll, a blogger and published author, explains how to go about such an undertaking, and in this handy little guide, takes the reader through the process step by step.

The most valuable theme here, and really a superb idea, is to approach the job of writing your story in small pieces, one small sto
Gill
Mar 07, 2017 marked it as unfinished
Shelves: netgalley
Not for me.
J.J. Nordman
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway
I sat down and read it right away. It was an informative a fast read. I really enjoyed the way Gina told her story after explaining each chapter. Each chapter was thought provoking and to the point.
Harriet Wasserstrum
Kaitlyn Milby
Nov 06, 2017
Paolo Vermicelli
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Came to me at the perfect time and inspired me to get back to the pages and start writing again! Would highly HIGHLY recommend!
My BookSwap Club