Start by marking “Journey to Appleville” as Want to Read:
Journey to Appleville

Journey to Appleville

What can six kids from a local neighborhood do when they have a goal in mind? Embark on a quest to Appleville, of course! Join Liu-Liu, Kenan, Tu-Tu, Lizzy, Pedro, and Cassie as they overcome their fears with the help of the Appleville Fairy. Can you help them earn their golden apples?
Hardcover
Published December 6th 2016 by Mascot Books

To ask other readers questions about Journey to Appleville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey to Appleville

Start your review of Journey to Appleville
Jennifer Rose
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
In a Journey to Appleville six neighborhood children set off on a quest to get to Appleville in hopes of accomplishing their dreams and goals. The kids were told it was a perfect place, filled with all kinds of apples, and most importantly the Appleville fairy. The Appleville fairy was rumored to help children reach their dreams and goals and when they did, she would give them a golden apple.
The six children traveled across the land on their bikes towards Appleville. They travel past a bar
Beyond the Pages
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was really excited to read this book when I heard about it. The title grabbed my attention, and the concept sounded like it could be encouraging to children. After reading the book, however, I can honestly say that it was curious...in a highly unusual way. It seemed rather incomplete, in truth. I felt that if the book had offered more depth, it could have won me over. The potential for something wonderful is there.

Rating: 2/5
Recommend: +/-
Status: G

Source: Ne
Kasey Cocoa
Aug 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s
My son (12) and I sat down together to evaluate this book. Although he is older than the intended audience he enjoys reviewing books aimed at all ages. His first comment was that although he could relate to living in a "quiet neighborhood" he didn't like that the book starts out by saying the kids had to go to another town in order to "accomplish our goals". He also said the eyes looked creepy on four of the six children. The fears the children state are not all fears, some just want to improve ...more
John
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to come.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children, netgalley
I tried to read this book to my grandson and he was just not interested. It has a good concept but it doesn't go far enough to explain about the golden apples. The children all told the fairy about a fear they had and she gave them a golden apple, then they left Appleville. It has the until next time ending. That would not make me want to pick up the next book. There were things happening in the story that really had not purpose, they just happened. If I did not know better, I would have thought ...more
Ryan
Dec 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
I just flat out didn't like this story. It was overly long and is missing a conclusion. I think it would be much better as a told story rather than a written one. It's clunky in the reading, almost like it's being told by an overactive 5 year old. I am also not a fan on the illustrations. They are old fashioned and boring.
Virginia Winfield
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had a good time reading this story. It is a nice story of conquering your fears and doing things together as friends. This is well illustrated. These six children go on a quest to a town an hour away to find out what happens in this town. They get to eat apples and meet a fairy and learn how to work together. I received a copy of this book from the author for a fair and honest opinion.
Donna Maguire
This had a good concept, but its not one for me, I wasn't a huge fan of the images and the story was a bit weak compared to some other books available in the market at the moment, its a shame as it does have a good idea, just not executed as well as it could, and should have been in my opinion.
Svati