Start by marking “A Merry Mountain Christmas: Sweet Romance” as Want to Read:
A Merry Mountain Christmas: Sweet Romance

A Merry Mountain Christmas: Sweet Romance

(Smoky Mountain #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  62 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Fran is adjusting after her husband's death when her first love comes back to town upsetting her family and leading her to an inspiration. Fran first fell in love with Michael as a teenager. When he broke her heart, she married Carl and lived a happy life for more than thirty years until Carl died tragically. Just when she's becoming fed up with the well-meaning, yet tires ...more
Published August 31st 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about A Merry Mountain Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Merry Mountain Christmas

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Colleen M. Chesebro
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader’s Copy of this book*

I like nothing better than finding a character from an earlier book starring in their own book! That is exactly what P. C. Zick did. I read and reviewed Mountain Miracles and the character of Fran, was a real standout! This novel is written as a continuation of Mountain Miracles and one of the sweetest romances. Not only that, but the characters leap off the page as if you already know them.

Fran does the bakin
Phylis Carpenter
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fran stares out the window watching it rain. She is having a hard time some days adjusting to the fact that her husband Carl has passed away tragically. He was on the tractor when it overturned and crushed him before her very eyes.

She runs a bed and breakfast and works part time for one of her friends who happens to be getting married. The father of the groom happens to be the man that Fran fell in love with before she married Carl. So after all this time Fran and Michael are reunited.
Joan
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth novel in the ‘Smokey Mountain Romance’ series. Michael returns to his hometown after years of absence. He has arrived for the wedding of his son. He has brought his newly re-homed dog with him and when Chester gets lost, Michael searches all over trying to find him. Eventually he arrives at Fran’s house, not knowing his first love is now newly widowed and living there. The fizz of attraction flares up in both of them, but Fran is determined not to encourage Michael back into h ...more
Beth
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christmas romance/women's fiction. It had the feeling of a women's fiction book because of older main characters, and tear-jerking events of the book. I felt that it was well written and edited. Apparently the author is herself an editor, and it shows. Some reviewers mentioned that it was clean, but I'll note that it was not a Christian romance. I guess the reason I didn't rate it more highly was that I was very annoyed at how the main character, Fran, was treated regarding the wedding. I felt s ...more
Linne Matthews
This will appeal to all those who like a soft, safe romance, but it didn't develop into much of a story. I was waiting for something more dramatic to happen, but it never did. There were some elements that could have been developed, such as the potential actions of the 'unkind' characters who seemed poised to spoil things for the 'nice' people. I don't know why they were in the story other than to make the 'nice' people appear even nicer.
It was quite enjoyable but predictable, and the char
Alice Railton
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Story

This is a story of second chance love. Fran, a recent widow, and Michael, unhappily married multiple times, come together again after 30+ years of going their separate ways. Is there a chance for them to start where they left off when they were just teenagers? The setting is a delightful small mountain town in North Carolina where many of the residents consider each other family. You will find yourself caring about these people as you get to know them. This is book 4 in a series b
Jewel Star
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An easy read

A fun read, and a bit of tear jerker here and there. At first I thought, here’s this older woman and she’s acting like a twenty something around Michael. But in reflection at 55, I was single and fully sexually active. I started menopause late in life at nearly 60 so I still had plenty of hormones bouncing around. I wasn’t ready to give up the ship and in this story, Fran isn’t either. A thoughtful Christmas read that was just what I was looking for. Read this in a couple of mor
Ellen White
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can an old love become a new love for Fran. He broke it off before so she married another. After thirty plus years now Carl is gone. She provides the pastries for the coffee shop in town. With his son getting married is why he is in town. Fixing up the old cabin that’s been in the family, would he consider a move. Could there be a love yet for Michael and Fran. Delightful, heart warming story, of family and love.
Cheryl
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second chance romance

This story was delightful. I'm an older woman so I love reading about mature adults finding their happily ever after. This story made me laugh and cry. Kudos to the author!
Alice (Astell)
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Few parts wondering will it happen

It's great to see an older couple. It leaves me with hope. I did start to think would it happen wouldn't it. Few moments where I couldn't decide where it was going
Michelle
If the book had been set a year or more after Carl's death I would have bought into the romance more. As it is, Fran barely has time to process the loss of her husband of over 30 years and boom she's back into dating mode.
Janet Miller
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a lovely Christmas story with well written characters. There were plenty of things going on to keep your interest. I will look for more from this author.
Marilyn
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the story of how one woman in the mountains of Tennessee lost her husband and how she was learning to live with out him.
Pam McCallister
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Debra Barstad
Good read short and sweet
BookSnuggle
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
"A Merry Mountain Christmas: Sweet Romance" (Smokey Mountain Romance) (Volume 4) by P C Zick. This is Fran Johnson and Michael Bellwood's story. It's a second chance romance.

Fran fell in love with Michael when she was a teenager. Michael broke her heart but Fran never found out what happened. Fran met Carl and married him They had a happy life together. Carl was killed in a tragic accident. Fran is getting tired of people asking her how she is doing. She is feeling restless and not r
Alicia
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
"A Merry Mountain Christmas" (A Smoky Mountain Romance) by P.C. Zick

A sweet, moving, and remarkable novella.

Truly wonderful and strong characters make this story of love lost, grieving, moving forward, friend and family dynamics, and finding new love where old love was, a heartwarming read.

P.C. Zick has written a truly magical and wonderful general and holiday read. One readers of all kinds will truly appreciate and enjoy.

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Amazon Link:
Liz
Widow Fran reconnects with Michael, her first love, during wedding planning for her friends, one of which is his son.

No one really understands their past history and it causes a lot of drama.

Loved the story of romance with older characters, but I had a hard time connecting with them.
Hannah Gledhill
Jul 17, 2018
Meridee
Dec 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
P.C. Zick describes herself as a storyteller no matter what she writes. And she writes in a variety of genres, including romance, contemporary fiction, and nonfiction. She's won various awards for her essays, columns, editorials, articles, and fiction. Currently, crafting fiction—mostly romances—occupies her time.

The three novels in her Florida Fiction Series contain stories of Florida

Smoky Mountain (4 books)
  • Minty's Kiss (Smoky Mountain Romance Book 1)
  • Misty Mountain
  • Mountain Miracles (Smoky Mountain Romance #3)