Start by marking “Of Fates And Phantoms (The Ministry of Curiosities, #7)” as Want to Read:
Of Fates And Phantoms (The Ministry of Curiosities, #7)

Of Fates And Phantoms (The Ministry of Curiosities #7)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  1,123 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
As Charlie and Lincoln’s lives settle into a harmonious pattern, a new threat arises that could have far reaching effects for the royal family and Lincoln’s parents.

When a seer warns the Prince of Wales that his life is in danger, only Charlie and Lincoln take her seriously. After all, what sensible person would believe a gypsy who claims the danger will come in the form o
Published January 24th 2017 by C.J. Archer

To ask other readers questions about Of Fates And Phantoms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Fates And Phantoms

Nicklein Mae
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I've inhale-read all the books in this series in less than a week. Is that applause I'm hearing?

Review is up! Not that anyone cares.

This series has just become one of my all time favorites! Each installment becomes more promising and more impressive as the series progresses. I find the characters easy to connect with. The plot was complex, the magic system was easy to understand and I love how the storyline seemed to branch out with every sequel!

Everything was a win for me.

• The
L.R.W. Lee
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

I love this series by C. J. Archer. Each book builds nicely on the one before and she keeps developing the relationship between Lincoln and Charlie. This book was no exception. The action was engaging and each character grows a little more.

I was particularly happy to see how Archer left Lincoln and Charlie's relationship at the end of this book. Now I have to wait another several months to see what happens next. Argh...
Kayla
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So this is the seventh book in the The ministry of Curiosites series and if you want to know what it's about just go onto my review of the first book and it'll explain the plot.

ROMANCE-
The romance was gorgeous in this book and it was very well paced and I think that maybe we could have more but we have an eighth book for that.

CHARACTERS-
Charlie is so cool and so interesting as a character and Lincoln is very complex and together they make the perfect cast.

WRITING-
The writing is gorgeous and uniq
R.L. Hemlock
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Of Fate and Phantoms” is the seventh book in “The Ministry of Curiosities” series. Fair warning: this series has some dark content and I would recommend it for mature audiences, preferably whom are not too squeamish.

Donna Thompson
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
The Ministry of Curiosities is one of my all-time favorite series, and C.J. Archer is one of my all-time favorite authors. She never fails to deliver. And in "Of Fate and Phantoms," she once again manages to give a book chalk full of action, adventure, mystery, suspense, ghostly happenings and human drama. And it is the human drama that really stands out for me in this book, as Lincoln is confronted with his past, as well as the future he wants with Charlie. From the absolutely stunning cover to ...more
Rose
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charlie and Lincoln are back!
This time the Ministry of Curiosities becomes entangled in a Romani foretelling that proclaims the lives of the Royal family to be in danger. As Charlie and Lincoln investigate the supernatural threat, the work of the ministry comes under the scrutiny of the Royal family and most problematically gains the attention of Lincoln's estranged father. Of Fate and Phantoms tests their limits as the investigation becomes forces the characters' to confront their pasts.

I rea
LunaLibro
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*sighs wistfully* another satisfying installment in what is becoming one of my favorite series. The biggest thing that I love about the Ministry of Curiosities is the relationship between Lincoln and Charlie. This book has really shown how much the relationship AND how the two of them have matured as individuals. They've learned to accept, understand, and compromise with each other. There are no expectations for the other to change and I love that it an relationship. Also, their relationship see ...more
Jayne dArcy
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FINALLY!!

When you read this story you will understand.

In a search for a special shape-shifter Charlie returns to the boys she used to run with when she was a boy. Lincoln, though, changes all of their lives after the boys help him.

I don't know if the author has any more in this series planned but I hope she does. I love all of these characters and look forward to learning more about them.
Deileen
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everything in this series has been absolutely amazing. I love the authors writing style and I adore the characters personaleties. The romance was the tiniest bit repetitive by I've loved watching Charlie and Lincoln grow and mature together.
My one problem with this series has been the incorporation of Alice in Wonderland...... I just found it a bit off. Oh and I miss Gordon.
Overall I'm loving this series so so so so much!
Therese
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m always afraid that the books will loose its charm after a while. Most book series do after about 4-5 books. But this one is still keeping its standard. And I love it and can’t wait to read the next one!
This book series is a gem and I’m so happy that I found it and sad that’s not many more to read.
Amber Callahan
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual, it was wonderful. I read it too quickly and now the wait. I was afraid for the wedding, afraid for Lincoln. A lot of twists and turns. Thank you C.J. Archer for your books. I won’t spoil the book for others like people who tell the whole story in their review. READ IT and enjoy. I do not know dates read. As soon as it came out I purchased it and read it.
Patsy Kietzman
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

The series is a streak across the skies. Knowing it is a romance novel doesn't diminish it. Definitely not a beach read,because when you finish one you have to read all. Enjoyable well written.
Veronica A Pitts
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Story

I Truly Enjoyed this particular one in the series of Ministry of Curiosities
This story has been a great journey of the caricatures. Charlie and Fitzroy
Has turned into brighter future....Enjoy I am looking forward to the next book in this series
Janice Stinnett
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I couldn't put the book down. The writing is so effortless and has such a natural floor. Each character is so unique and has their own voice throughout it. I've lived every book in the series. I highly recommend.
hollace turnage
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Curiosities series is wonderful

I can not put down these books. Great use of magic in small doses makes these plots, characters, etc. come alive.
Audra Brown
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the books

I really get drawn into the book and love seeing the characters grow. I can not wait for the next book
Kimh
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Sandra
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
finally!!!
gemma codling
Good book

I only gave it three stars as although it is a good story the fact that quite a lot of pages were missing made it hard to follow the story properly and is very annoying
Wendy
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not bad...

Another fun book by CJ Archer. I certainly enjoy Charlie and Lincoln but now we have Alice. I can’t wait to find out more about Alice.
Elizabeth
Still good

I really thought this series would go downhill after the last book tied up loose ends but actually it was still sweet and fun. 3.25 stars
Margaret Rose
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Miguel
Feb 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
it's a 3.5 read but one of my faves so far!
Aki
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series as always and now waiting for Book 8
Amber Lynn
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a lot better than the last two
Mary DuFault
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual finished it in one sitting. Can't put it down as it captures me and transports me to that time period. Loved it!
Donna Cox
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEst series ever! Can't wait for the next
Heather Brinkerhoff Burdsal
I get that Archer is trying to show character growth, but Lincoln and Charlie are pretty much completely different characters in this book. Also, the plot was fractured and jerky. Several competing and completely unrelated storylines haphazardly started, stumbled, and abruptly stopped. Some were clumsily concluded, while others were just left hanging, forgotten. This was haphazard, at best.
chantal forget
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'aime vraiment cette série.
C'est un mélange de romance paranormale historique avec des enquêtes. Les personnages principaux ne changent jamais mais ils évoluent bien ainsi que leurs entourages. Certains personnages deviennent plus important que d'autres dépendants des livres, mais l'histoire est toujours intéressante et bien écrite.
C.J. Archer has loved history and books for as long as she can remember and feels fortunate that she found a way to combine the two. She spent her early childhood in the dramatic beauty of outback Queensland, Australia, but now lives in suburban Melbourne with her husband, two children and a mischievous black & white cat named Coco.

While she has written historical romance in the past, she now
More about C.J. Archer

The Ministry of Curiosities (10 books)
  • The Last Necromancer (The Ministry of Curiosities, #1)
  • Her Majesty's Necromancer (The Ministry of Curiosities, #2)
  • Beyond The Grave (The Ministry of Curiosities, #3)
  • Grave Expectations (Ministry of Curiosities, #4)
  • Ashes To Ashes (Ministry of Curiosities, #5)
  • From The Ashes (The Ministry of Curiosities #6)
  • Veiled in Moonlight (The Ministry of Curiosities, #8)
  • Vow of Deception (The Ministry of Curiosities #9)
  • The Wisdom of Madness (Ministry of Curiosities, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I know you think what we have is sordid. Perhaps it is. Perhaps neither of us knows how to love properly and this is our twisted way of showing that we care. Or perhaps we should both be committed to an asylum” 1 likes