Start by marking “13: An Anthology of Horror and Dark Fiction” as Want to Read:
13: An Anthology of Horror and Dark Fiction

13: An Anthology of Horror and Dark Fiction

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  152 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
13 has always been unlucky. But now it’s turned deadly…

Darkness has fallen. Real and unseen, evil is out there. Waiting. Watching. Biding its time. It might be your neighbor, your best friend—or something much, much worse. It might be the shadow itself. It will hunt you down when you least expect it. It will talk to you in the quiet hours of the morning and follow your foo
First , 800 pages
Published October 4th 2016 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 13

Nev Murray
"There are some fantastically strong stories between the covers such as Room 313, The Devils Daughter, The Virus and, my personal favourite This One’s Broken. I just think as an anthology, there were more weak stories than strong ones for me."

See here for the full review:

Kimberly Vanderbloom
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a scary there are plenty of stories that will keep you up until all hours of the night. I was excited to get my hands on a early copy of this anthology because I just love thrillers and horror stories and I've read a few of the authors in the past and enjoyed by experience. I was blown away and was pretty scared in quite a few of them. I will briefly summarize what I liked about each story, trying not to give away spoilers, and which one was my favorite.

Mechante Reine by S
Kim (iScream Books) Markett
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A sinister collection of heart pounding stories. I was in the mood for terror and this anthology brought it. If you're looking for a happy ending you're not going to find it here. If you're looking to be frightened and sleep with the lights on then this is the book you are looking for. With each story I read my heart race and my breathing was shallow. This is a great compilation of stories to tell at a campfire or to terrorize your friends.

1. Méchante Reine by Savannah Blevins
Set in 1802 a story
Tiffany Readz
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Little Something for Everyone

With 13: An Anthology of Horror and Dark Fiction, readers are given a variety of dark/horror stories to enjoy right before the Halloween season. As more of a dark reader, I naturally gravitated towards those, however enjoyed the "new to me” horror-type stories also.

1. Mechante Reine by Savannah Blevins-
We kick off the Anthology with the evil Mechante Reine terrorizing a small town in 1802. We all have these folk tales passed down from generation to generation abou
Tina
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This anthology is a collection of chilling and creepy tales. Included in this assemblage of stories are mysteries, spine tingling suspense, ghosts tales, zombies (YES!) and so much more. The nice thing about reading an anthology is that there is always at least one story you really love, but with 13 there were several that I couldn't get enough of. A few of my favorites are The Virus: Prequel to the AM 13 Outbreak Series by author Samie Sands. I LOVE all things zombie and of course her work appe ...more
Rita
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great, timely horror and dark fiction anthology for October to get one into the spirit of ghosts, goblins, and the supernatural.

My favorite was "Rest in Peace?" by Erin Lee because it combined history, ghosts, and lots of surprise in just the right mix.

I recommend this anthology.
Yvonne Davies
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
When I saw this book advertised I knew that I had to buy it. Having read books from the majority of the authors I knew that it would be a good buy, and I was not disappointed. As I enjoyed every story I will give a short review on each one:
Mèrchante Reine by Savannah Blevins: Set in the 19th Century this a short story about Lake, an orphan who is on a mission to kill a witch who is terrorising Sanctuary. Most of this story was between Lake and Abram, the son of the family who took her in, madly
Kimberly Vanderbloom

Mechante Reine by S
Susan Angela Wallace
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
a collection of short horror stories by different authors.
an absolutely fantastic read with brilliant characters. I really enjoyed this book. I had some favourites but my most favourite would be the bad man by marissa farrar. they were all very good. 5*.
Ellie Midwood
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-read, thriller
Wow, did this one make my top Halloween read! I could barely sleep at night after all these dark, haunting stories, and that’s a wonderful compliment to all these amazing authors who created such an authentic setting in each of their stories. Reading story after story I was delighted to discover that this anthology included all of my favorite themes: an abandoned asylum, a sinister travelling circus, a rural family of sadistic killers, zombie epidemic, ghosts haunting hotels and mirrors; you nam ...more
Brooke
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What an amazing collection of horror stories! I am an avid horror fan, and I thoroughly enjoyed each one of these authors' interpretations of the genre. I can honestly say that this was the best horror anthology/book I have ever read. I usually stick to the movies since they tend to be scarier than books in my opinion. However, 13 blew my expectations out of the water. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, waiting to read what would happen next. I especially liked the stories written by ...more
Katie J
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! The compliation of these Authors are amazing.
Each one told a different horrifying, creepy, spine tingling tale that will make you read them time and again.
Being released prior to Halloween was well planned. I received as ARC voluntarily to review.
I will keep this series in my library.
Chelsi Cotton
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a first anthology for me.
All of the stories were pretty good!! Some better than others but they all kept me wanting more from each author! I am glad I got this book when I did around Halloween time.
Linda
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant collection of spooky tales which I have dipped in and out of between other books. Plenty of dark tales, some more horrific than others, with many a twist and turn, definitely read with the lights on!
Mary Walsh
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great stories!

I love stories that are scary due to mystery, suspense, paranormal, or supernatural reasons, and not just in your face blood and gore.. These stories were wonderful that way. There was one exception to this, as one story read like it was written by somebody drunk; the characters names changed along with the storyline, and after multiple times trying to go back and re-read pages to try and make sense, I gave up. This was the only bad story though, and the others more than made up fo
Lisa Ward
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
13 Great Stories to peek your interest. Each one written by a different Author. Each one unique. I really enjoyed reading this Anthologhy. Some will shivers up your spine .
Estalene
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Collection Of Horror Stories

I loved the amazing collection of genres in this collection. When you finished one story and "flipped the page" you never knew that to expect. Some of the stories should have been books because I wanted to keep on going.
Mcf1nder_sk
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading 13: An Anthology of Horror and Dark Fiction. This was one of the horror anthologies I got on sale from Amazon for my kindle. .
This was a decent collection of short stories, with everything from killer clowns to serial killing families. I had not previously heard of any of the authors included, but plan on checking out some of then, especially D.A. Roach, Samie Sands and Sophia Valentine. For a quick little series of stories to whet your appetite, this is not a bad collect
David Royce
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good, scary collection

Anthologies, in my experience, are hit and miss. There may be a few really good stories and a few not so great. Sometimes I think stories are added just to pad the page numbers.

Luckily this collection is tops from start to finish. There are a wide variety of sub genres included, but they are all well written, engaging, and shiver inducing! Of course, as with any anthology, I had my favorites out of the bunch but there isn't one that I felt was "weak" or "filler". I recomme
J.L. Clayton
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

I love horror and this anthology has it. If you want to be freaked out, just read this. Everyone's story in the anthology was amazing, but I have my favorites. One of which is Carissa Lynch, but that's not to take away from these other talented writers. Each author brought a different element of horror to this anthology. It's a must read.
Felicia A
YAYYYY!!!!! Another editing project is now a published book!
Tam French
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great stories

Loved the variety of stories in this book. They all left me wanting more. Will be reading more of these authors.
Crystal Gray
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this box set of short stories!

The 1st short story in here that gave me the creeps was Haverly Insane Asylum by Taylor Henderson. I was home alone during the day and got freaked out by the wind blowing the blinds upstairs causing it to make noise.

Ricochet by Carissa Ann Lynch is well worth a mention too, so messed up! Completely unexpected.

The Challenge by S. Valentine was something else! I will never look at a Circus/Carnival the same way again.

Mirror Man by Jackie Sonnenberg was prett
Amber
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really fast paced, fun, and sometimes scary set of stories. Overall I enjoyed all of them. Some of my favorites were from D.A. Roach, her's was very realistic, so it made it a lot more believable and scary. Brandon Nave's was fun. You thought it was going one way then it wasn't what it seemed. I also really liked Carrisa Lynch's and Taylor Henderson's.
Trina
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon, horror, kindle, own
A good collection of horrifying stories. Some stories were better than others but still a satisfying read. I highly recommend.
Katie
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received this book for free/ARC
am voluntarily reviewing
Brilliantly put together
set of short Stories
highly Recommend Reading
Rebecca
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I feel like I'm being a bit generous with giving this collection 2 stars. I really didn't care for the stories and was disappointed in the way the majority of them ended.
Latitia Hayes
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok

Some of the stories are good and others not so good. If you are just looking to waste some time yes but not your money
Terri Oconnell
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Some good campfire stories

This set included some fair campfire stories and other fair stories although none real scary in my opinion. I was turned off by the zombie one (same plague idea) and the one dealing with kidnapping and keeping a woman captive for pleasure had to much hint of the ongoing sexual abuse she suffered to be included in this set and the one with the girl not realizing she was dead was to closely related to a twilight episode. I did love the first story, Michente Reine, (by Sa
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
13 is A great collection of some scary & not-so-scary stories. I think if you would enjoy reading some short good stories from a group of some Great Authors, that this would be a great anthology for you to get. They are not all Halloween stories so even though Halloween is just over now, you will still enjoy them. I really enjoyed reading this & "I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book".
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »