Start by marking “The Connection (The Exception, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Connection (The Exception, #1.5)

The Connection

(The Exception #1.5)

He was the bad boy she didn't need.
She was the exception to his rules.

When Jada Stanley and Cane Alexander met, it was lust at first sight. As much as they fought it, it became so much more.

Now that they've stopped fighting it and made their own rules, a little respite is needed. Las Vegas is the destination of choice.

Despite what they say, not everything that happens in
Published September 8th 2016 (first published June 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Connection, please sign up.
Adriana Locke I never want to say never! LOL Honestly, I'm not sure. I have Sacrifice coming out in July and something completely different for this winter. Will I …moreI never want to say never! LOL Honestly, I'm not sure. I have Sacrifice coming out in July and something completely different for this winter. Will I ever revisit them again? Maybe. :)(less)

Start your review of The Connection (The Exception, #1.5)
BeautyandtheBooks
Cane just blew my mind! Oh and Jada's

I loved this Novella! I'm literally in a bliss like state. It was perfect!! Cane is THE MAN!! Wait, Max is too. Gah! Adriana Locke sure knows a thing or two about book boyfriends. I'm in heaven over here!! Couldn't of asked for more!! I'm all smiles. Thank you, Adriana!!
Tiffany Copp
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book!!!!!

Adriana Locke is absolutely amazing. Everything she writes keeps getting better and better. This was the perfect novella for Cane and Jada. The amount of love they have for each other in The Connection is truly beautiful. I can honestly say I cried, I laughed, and I loved. HARD.

Anyone who doesn't read this will be sorry they missed out. I was in dire need of Cane to come back in my life and poof! There he was - better than ever. And I even got some more Max too!!
Amanda
#TheCoachIsBack

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I freaking missed these characters sooo much, that reading this novella pretty much just cemented how MUCH I love Adriana!! I literally devoured 'The Connection' in about an hour. This was such a beautiful novella especially since it's set in my city... VEGAS baby!

I loved all the scenes between Cane and Jada. Especially, the end scene.. There's a new coach in town, Cane!
Adriana NEVER disappoints in the ability to make me swoon and drool whenever Cane is present..
I seriously
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHO IS UP FOR A FUN VEGAS TRIP!????
This novella is one of the best Novella's I have read in a very long time. If you have read The Exception and fell in love with Cane Alexander and Max Quinn, I would suggest jumping on this one as soon as possible! Cane does not disappoint - still the cocky bastard we know and love but god did he make me laugh this time around. Of course, Max! Max is just sweet, sexy, and you fall in love with him even more! The bromance between these two are the best I have re
Ninfa Zito-Maisano
This is the PECFECT CONNECTION between The Exception and The Perception. The chapters are filled with so much love and emotion that not only can be seen as you read, but felt deep...In your heart.
I have LOVED Cane and Max since book one. These two men are definitely men you want on your side. This story just solidified the strong bond they have. The bromance, the banter, the laughs are so touching that I didn't know it was possible to fall deeper in love with them both. Until I did.
Don't miss ou
Analia Almonte
Shelves: arc
*I got an arc for an honest review*
Well, Mr. Cane Alexander again do his thing again, I thought I did not need him again only in my memories, but I was wrong I devoured the book in one day, the way he always wanted to please his “baby girl” is something beyond. I want a Cane Alexander to me forever, my soul was wreck when there was no one from his family, but we knew that, and feel as such on their wedding day was something very sentimental. Like I said before the author has a way of writing tha
Joy
This was such a fun, sweet read. There is really no such thing as too much Cane Alexander or Max Quinn so this novella is the perfect companion to The Exception and The Perception. I enjoyed this groups trip to Vegas. It gave us a closer look at the bond these four share and a better understanding of it's dynamic. Cane will melt your heart in this one. Sure he's still a cocky bastard but, after all that's why we love him. But in this part of his and Jada's story he truly wears his heart on his s ...more
Nicole
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sheer perfection. You can not ask for a better novella. This is everything you could possibly want for Cane and Jada. You will laugh you will cry and you will not stop smiling. I absolutely love these 4. Thank you for sharing these amazing characters with us.
Anna
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even More In Love!

As if it was even possible I am more in love now with Cane Alexander!! Adriana Locke only makes me love her more and more with every new book! Thank you so much for giving us more Cane. Heart.
Shannon
This novella was perfect! It made me fall deeper for Cane, who went out of his way to make such an amazing wedding day for Jada…is there nothing that man can’t do?!?

It was fun, sexy, and sweet…so much goodness packed into a limited number of pages, I couldn’t have asked for more.
Maree Repa
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wedding in Vegas

Five Amazing Stars

I was absolutely thrilled to accept this most amazing series, The Exception 1.5.Written by the awesome, Andirons Locke. After thoroughly loving the first book, Exception I was so keen to enjoy it. I am so enjoying this series of Cane and Jada too. I just knew I wouldn't be able to put it down!

As Cane speeds down the streets Kari is frightened holding closing. While Max is laughing at her. Just before they fly out. Jada is buzzed and completely happy now with h
Billy
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy
Another winner! I’m hooked!

Another great novel to this series! I’m always hooked on these love stories and the different familial bonds that are part of the story! Very well done!
Robin Laine
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“If we fight, we fight naked” I’ve missed Cane, but I didn’t realize just how much! The cocky bastard is back, and better than ever! Max is back as well, and the bromance is just as fun and alive as always.

The feels in this book…. They’re all sweet, misty eyed, and full on love. I felt a giddiness and excitement in my heart the entire time I was reading. It was perfect, the writing amazing, and we finally get to find out what happened in Vegas. Adriana has created the perfect bridge from The Exc
Jillian
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story.....man.....it's so damn good!
I realized while reading this how much I truly have missed having Cane, Jada, Max and Kari in my life. The banter between Kari and Cane is even more lol. The showing of brotherhood between Cane and Max really is something to feel in your heart. But more than that, the love Cane has for Jada and the way he shows her just makes my heart smile.
Cane is very...well, Cane lol and does things his own way. Isn't that one of the qualities we love most about him?
Jamee
Shelves: favorites
Where to start???? First, let me say that Adriana Locke has knocked it out of the park AGAIN! I fell in love with the 4 main characters ALL OVER AGAIN! Of course, Max is still MY FAVORITE, but Cane definitely outdid himself in this book! This novella has romance, a little suspense, will make you laugh with the way Cane, Jada, Max and Kari all interact...you may even catch yourself getting a little testy eyed (queue the scene with Jada and her dad)! But it's honestly worth it! It's a quick read. ...more
Chandra
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PERFECT!!!! Seriously loved this book so much! I loved The Exception (book that should be read prior), but this runs right their with it. I am not always a fan of Novellas. Sometimes they are unneeded add-ons. This Novella was perfect. Lovey Dovey, warm, beautiful, perfect addition to Cane and Jada's story. You will read it in one setting. You wont want to put it down, and you will be happy you didn't! Don't forget to pick up The Perception when you are done with it either! ;)
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
4 "Sweet Connection" Stars!

This novella was super sweet and prove us that it is not impossible to fall in love even more with Cane Alexander and Max Quinn ♥.

The relationship between these two men was what I liked the most.. and for me, the way the author "Connect" the two book was simply marvellous.
Innergoddess_Booklover
Loved it ...did not want it to end..More in love with cane then before. Getting reunited with. cane and max plus the girls was amazing . Got a little emotional with kari and max's speech at the wedding , cane couldn't have had a better best man . If you have read adrian lockes book you should because they are amazing.
mindilouwho
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved loved loved this! The Connection is the perfect link between the Exception and The Perception. Adriana did a phenomenal job diving back into these characters! The Bromance between Cane and Max is back and..... Seriously- a must read!!
M. Andrews
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this sweet novella in an hour. It was beautifully written as are all of Adriana Locke's books. It had me smiling and crying the whole way through and made me fall in love with Cane and Jada all over again.
Vera  Green
Shelves: 2015
Must read. I didn't think I would love Cane Alexander any more but I was wrong. The bromance with Max Quinn has you laughing and crying at the same time. Adriana Locke does it to us again. SMH!
Ashley
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a perfect way to tie two of my all time favorite books together!
It was beautiful.
It was romantic.
It was Cane and Jada's love...pure and undeniable!
Ebbie ~Author Groupies
The Connection is a follow up novella to The Exception. The Connection is a sweet lighthearted read. And for once what happens in Vegas doesn't have to stay in Vegas!

I fell in love with the characters in The Exception and it has grown more in The Connection. I love the dynamics between the four main characters. Cane is absolutely perfect and has set high expectations for any future book boyfriends! He is so sweet and thinks of all the perfect touches, Jada is a very lucky girl. I feel like I ha
The Boys are Back!!

This little gem is a great addition to the Exception Series..I didn't realize how much I missed Cane and Max until now..I think every book Adriana writes keeps getting better and better.. Move over Coach and hang up your hat, because Jada is taking over..Haha I loved how she told Cane she was the coach now.. I also liked seeing the vulnerable side of Cane..What he did for her, just had me swooning over him more.. And what can I say about that sexy sweet southern talking man Ma
Misty Simmons
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to start off by saying Thank You to Author Adriana Locke for sharing her talent with us! The journey with Cane, Jada, Max and Kari have been amazing! This book brought back many memories from The Exception and The Perception. It also had so many sweet moments that made me smile and cry. This author has a special gift to make you feel each characters emotions that make you feel you know and love them! I enjoyed this book more than I can express! This book deserves more than a 5 star ...more
Michele
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Connection was an wondferful and unexpected surprise. This novella completes the transition from The Exception to The Perception. Reading about Cane, Jada, Max, and Kari's trip to Vegas and all of their witty banter was a pleasure. It also gave me closure to The Exception. It drew me in on page one and kept me hooked until the final page. I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who has read The Exception. This would also be a great prequel to anyone who has not read The Percept ...more
Rachel Hendry
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing addition to this series.
The coach otherwise known as Cane shows his soft and vulnerable side....such a romantic but only for Jada...I love them together...love at its very best,it's pure and infinite.
I loved seeing sweet Max and feisty Kara again and this also sets the scene for The Perception rather nicely.
This novella was funny, it was sweet and it had all the feels to make me smile.
A perfect end to Cane & Jada's story and I loved the 'extra bit' at the end!
Ps it was a perfect
Paula Hewat
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. It is a beautifully written novella by a very talented author. This is the perfect interface between The Exception & The Perception. I have to say, I fell in love with Cane & Max all over again. I really, really wish I were Jada or Kara.....daft as that may sound, but it really pulled on my heart strings. I didn't want to put it down and read it within a few hours, which is always my tell on how good the book is, this passed the test with flying colours
TheBookGoddess
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolute perfection! I honestly would not change a single thing about this book! Adriana gave us everything we wanted and then some. It was the perfect way to wrap up their story and it made us fall in love with them all over again. I didn't realize how much I was missing Cane till I read this story!! You will absolutely love this story and if you haven't already make sure you read The Exception first as it leads into this story!! I promise you this book will not disappoint!
Melissa
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Came Alexander yes we have more! More Cane and Jada some Max and Kari and it's done perfectly. This was such a great addition and much needed novella ! "I might be his girl but he's my guy" I am such a Cane fan so I was beyond excited for this and was not disappointed. You must read the Exception then this if you haven't already!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Floored (Frenched, #3)
  • Forked (Frenched, #2)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • From This Moment (After We Fall, #4)
  • Yanked (Frenched, #1.5)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • If You Were Mine (After We Fall, #3)
  • Frenched (Frenched, #1)
  • The Change Up
  • Kiss My Putt (Summersweet Island, #1)
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • Only Him (One and Only, #2)
  • The One Night Stand Next Door (The Girl Next Door, #0.5)
  • The Girl Next Door (The Girl Next Door, #1)
USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author Adriana Locke lives and breathes books. After years of slightly obsessive relationships with the flawed bad boys created by other authors, Adriana has created her own.

She resides in the Midwest with her husband, sons, and two dogs. She spends a large amount of time playing with her kids, drinking coffee, and cooking. You can find her outside if the

The Exception (2 books)
  • The Exception (The Exception, #1)
  • The Perception (The Exception, #2)

News & Interviews

“They say you can’t judge a book by its cover. I’ve learned that you can’t judge a man by the one before him, either.” 4 likes
“I promise to send you flowers for anniversaries, texts for no reason, and to kiss you in the rain. I promise to be faithful to you and only you for the rest of my life.” 0 likes