Start by marking “After Midnight (Cabot, #1)” as Want to Read:
After Midnight (Cabot, #1)

After Midnight

(Cabot #1)

"Our sister is marrying a vampire."

When the ever practical Caroline Cabot first hears those words from the lips of her fanciful youngest sister, she accuses Portia of having a wild imagination.

But when she discovers their sister Vivienne is actually being courted by Adrian Kane, the mysterious viscount rumored to be a vampire, she decides to accept his invitation to a m

Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published August 30th 2005 by Avon (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about After Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Midnight

Start your review of After Midnight (Cabot, #1)
Alp
Aug 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF @30%

This book was not for me. The heroine totally rubbed me the wrong way and I can't stand her anymore.
Quinn
Three and a half stars

This was my first Teresa Medeiros novel, but it wont be my last. I picked After Midnight out randomly at the library having heard of the author and while waiting for my dozens of orders to come in. I thought the premise sounded interesting and hoped for a good read, despite the fact I knew nothing at all about the novel. I wasn't disappointed.

Caroline Cabot is the eldest of three sisters. She had to assume the parental role for her sisters when both their parents were kille
Gilgamesha
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars review coming soon
Avid Booker
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who Want an HR Twilight w/o All the Teen Angst
Shelves: favorites
Despite my constant refusal. I ended up loving this story to death. Sometime you just have to SHUT UP and go against what you "think" you may not like and try it out. I didn't want to like this book. I thought HR and Paranormal had no rights to go with each other. And OTHER than this series I'm still pretty firm on that. I'm reading that second book in this series though. This is a great duology (well I'm sure it will be).

The sister situation was handled perfectly. It made you not feel as bad fo
puppitypup
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Historic Romance/Paranormal The perfect feel good book!

Every once in a while a book will hit me just right, sort of like Goldlilocks, and this is it for me. So romantic!

Ms. Medeiros knows how to write dialogue. Adrian, our hero, knew just what to say to make me feel...oh...I mean to make Caroline feel...adored, affirmed, cherished, and loved. No silly bickering in this novel!

For those who love Paranormal Romance (view spoiler)
Krasimira
3.5
Lu
3,5 rounded to 4
This is a little different from other books I read by Mrs. Medeiros as it is about vampires. In spite of the theme, that is not one of my favorites, it was a pleasant read.
Caroline Cabot is skeptical when her younger sister Portia tells her their sister Viviane is being courted by a vampire. The problem is the more she looks into it, the more difficult it is to deny the mounting evidence against her sister’s suitor.
To make matters just a little more awkward, it seems that Carolin
Juliana Philippa
Great paranormal historical romance - intense and mysterious hero is wonderful!

I am a huge historical romance fan but have never read any paranormal ones and didn't actually know I was until a ways into the book. I have read two Teresa Medeiros books - One Night of Scandal and Yours Until Dawn - and they were both just regular historicals, so I didn't realize she wrote anything else. The book was a great historical romance and for anyone who is put off by the paranormal/vampire aspect, don't be
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
I just love the Cabot sisters series. The series has romance, suspense, danger and a liberal amount of hilarious moments. I gave this book 4½* because it didn't quite have such wonderful chemistry between the H/H as the second book The Vampire Who Loved Me.

FULL REVIEW

After Midnight, the first book in the Cabot series, is a tongue-in-cheek mix of vampire story and historical romance. It’s a delightful blend of surprise plot twists, charming characters, sparkling dialogue and humour.

Enigmatic,
Tabetha Waite
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I could hardly put it down! The attraction between the main characters and the guessing game kept me turning the pages. Lovely read!
Linds
Feb 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of Regencies and vampire books
This is the story of Caroline and Adrien. It's set in Regency England. Caroline's sister is practically engaged to the viscount Adrien Kane and she goes to his castle to meet him and make sure every thing is on the up and up.

Caroline has always looked after her little sisters. She's a little too old to get married and their family is on the brink of ruin unless one of them makes a good match. Caroline is unerved by rumors that Adrien is a vampire and wants to see what started these crazy accusa
Hristina Tserovska
Исторически роман и вампири? Нещо различно и нетипично, но ми хареса и продължавам с втората книга.
Ivana Azap Feješ
I just love the Cabot sisters series. The series has romance, suspense, danger and a liberal amount of hilarious moments. I gave this book 4½* because it didn't quite have such wonderful chemistry between the H/H. After Midnight, the first book in the Cabot series, is a tongue-in-cheek mix of vampire story and historical romance. Adrian Kane, the notoriously mysterious Viscount Trevelyan, has captured the attention of the ton for his uniquely nocturnal lifestyle. This well-sought after bachelor ...more
Mathu
“Because I don’t lose my wits every time Vivienne walks into a room. I don’t toss and turn in my bed every night dreaming of making love to her. She doesn’t drive me to distraction with her endless questions, her incessant snooping, her harebrained schemes."

★★★★4"Kane"stars

“I can trust myself to protect your sister because I’m not in love with her!”

It’s no secret that I’m a sucker for historical romances depicting a viciously handsome and titled hero tripping over himself

Head in the clouds
An absolute delight!

The story was exquisite - unlike some more cliched HRs the plot was plausible and the obstacles in the stories carried real significance.

The characters were even more awesome. The two main characters of this book - Caroline and Adrian - truly lit up the pages (more like positively burned them up - seriously HOT DAMN).

However I have to credit the author for the splendid characterisations of all the secondary players - especially Portia and Julian - they almost stole the show
Christine Kirchoff
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a really sweet romance with some action in there. The head hopping threw me out of the story a few times. I still really enjoyed The Cabot Sisters.
Debbie Lester
Jan 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
My Synopsis:

After Midnight by Teresa Medeiros is a vampire love story set in the Regency period. It's definitely not a take-off from Twilight! The mysterious Adrian Kane is rumored to be much more than your average viscount. His courtship of the beautiful Vivienne Cabot has her sister, Portia along with the local constable in a frenzy of worry.

Vivienne's sister Caroline dismisses the stories but soon learns that there is lot more than meets the eye with the Kane brothers. Her attraction to Adria
Julie
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal and Vampire Romance Lovers
Adrian Kane, the notoriously mysterious Viscount Trevelyan, has captured the attention of the ton for his uniquely nocturnal lifestyle. This well-sought after bachelor has seemingly set his sites on Vivienne Cabot, the middle sister of three, and has graciously pursued introductions and invitations to her older and younger sibling with the apparent purpose of gaining their blessing in a future union. However, Portia, the younger, flagrantly announces his reputation as a "vampire" and immediatel ...more
Zoe
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Teresa Medeiros, a lot.

That is why I read this book a few months ago. Paranormal is not my usual genre but Teresa Medeiros wrote it and it is historical. I thought I would give it a try.

It is a very easy read. Teresa Medeiros' writing is natural and enticing. Following the story is no hardship. Even though I was by nature reluctant to buy into a vampire story, I found myself following the story, despite my initial lack of interest.

The story itself is rather mediocre. It cannot compare
Bookwatcher
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
It's a great historical romance with vampires . I'm not a fan of historical romances (I really hate read about girls that faint for everything )so friends of mine indicate Teresa Medeiros... and I wasn't disappointed by this book. Caroline and Adrian (the main characters) tortuous relationship was so interesting! All the surprises and the suspense make me read it in 2 days.
Strongly recommend it. Love this book, and its unexpected end was perfect!
♥ℳelody
Great book! Loved Adrian and Caroline. Great love story. Really dark and suspenseful and whitty. One thing Medeiros never fails at including in her books is humor and charm which I love. It's a darker story with paranormal theme yet the dry humor is still there. Characters are really charming and fun and very endearing. At times I did think Caroline's protectiveness of her sisters was overbearing but all in all loved it. And it made me really anxious to read the next book. I fell in love with th ...more
ChloeLeeNH
Nov 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read... loved the mystery and the hysteria that the sisters seem to have about the hero. Loved the attraction that the h/h had for each other. I haven't read a Regency in a while so it was nice to come back to that for a bit! ...more
Louisa
DELICIOUS. Riddled with madcap cliches and psychotic Frenchmen, but quite delicious indeed.

Adrian Kane is also possibly the most delicious name I've come across in a while. Mmmmm.
Missy
Sadly, this book didn't focus too much on the romance between the two leads, which is the reason for the low rating. The book was mostly about the heroine trying to determine whether the hero is or isn't a vampire and the hero trying to avenge his dead betrothed and brother. Though this is set during the regency era (I think), one could simply remove the titles and read this as a contemporary paranormal romance. ...more
Ermione
Senza pretese. Veramente poco credibile...e non mi riferisco ai vampiri. Sconsigliato alle "puriste" dei romanzi storici. Senza contare che il romanzo è ambientato in epoca Regency e, nonostante i riferimenti a Byron e Polidori, i tratti del vampiro che viene presentato sono decisamente vittoriani. So che esiste un seguito (dove la protagonista è la minore delle sorelle Cabot) ... che NON leggerò :-D ...more
Monique Takens
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ik heb de Nederlandstalige uitgave gelezen : Jouw hart , jouw ziel - Candlelight Historische roman 638
Wat een leuk en goed geschreven boek ! , tot bijna aan het einde van het verhaal blijf je in spanning of het nu over een of meerdere vampiers gaat of dat het allemaal maar de fantasie van een jonge vrouw is . Ik ga meteen aan deel 2 beginnen .
Ingela Hyatt
Caroline Cabot has always been the oldest and most level headed, practical sister. Which is precisely why she doesn’t believe for a moment Portia’s claim that their middling sister, beautiful Vivienne, is marrying a vampire. No matter what rumours are flying around the ton, for it could very well be Vivienne’s marriage which saves their little family.

For the past eight years, since their parents’ death, they have been living off the meagre generosity of their toad of a cousin Cecil, with a mere
Paranormal Romance
After the death of their parents the Cabot sisters were left without the funds to support themselves. As the eldest, the heroine took it upon herself to do anything she could to protect and provide for her younger sisters, even begging for the charity of their cousin. Now, the middle sister, the prettiest sister has caught the attention of a Viscount and the heroine knows the match could be the answer to their prays. But she also needs to be assured that man in question is good enough for her si ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
AFTER MIDNIGHT
(Cabot Sisters: #1)
Written by Teresa Medeiros
2005, 284 Pages

★★★★

It is left to Caroline Cabot eldest of three sisters to make sure her sisters are taken care of and find good matches in marriage. Portia the youngest is convinced that Vivienne's suitor, Adrian Kane, is a Vampire along with most of London ton. Caroline tries to figure out the secret of Adrian but soon finds herself falling for her sister's husband-to-be.

I really really liked this novel! It is what Jane Austen and Mary

• All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue (The Debutante Files, #2)
  • A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin (The Debutante Files, #1)
  • The Sherbrooke Bride (Brides, #1)
  • Much Ado About You (Essex Sisters, #1)
  • The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)
  • Sins of a Wicked Duke (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #1)
  • Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2)
  • The Duke Buys a Bride (The Rogue Files, #3)
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • The Defiant One (de Montforte, #3)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #5)
  • Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2)
  • The Autumn Bride (Chance Sisters, #1)
  • Irresistible (Horsemen Trilogy, #3)
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • Shadow Music (Highlands' Lairds, #3)
  • The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1)
  • This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
New York Times bestseller Teresa Medeiros wrote her first novel at the age of twenty-one and has since gone on to win the hearts of both readers and critics. All of her books have been national bestsellers, featured on the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. She currently has over 10 million books in print.

She is a seven-time Rita finalist, two-time PRISM winner, and

Cabot (2 books)
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)