Start by marking “All Her Secrets” as Want to Read:
All Her Secrets

All Her Secrets

Nothing is as it seems in this psychological YA thriller set in a not-too-distant future.

A GIRL WITH SECRETS

Eighteen-year-old Victoria, the daughter of inventor and visionary-genius Bill Faraday, was almost murdered by a stranger four years ago. She's been trying to forget the incident ever since.

When Victoria discovers something that might explain why she was brutally a
Published October 18th 2016 by Kate Avery Ellison

To ask other readers questions about All Her Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Her Secrets

(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Barclay Publicity and NetGalley.)

“This is the dread I feel now looking at this girl Craig has kidnapped.”

This was a YA story about a kidnapping, set in a dystopian world with robots.

The characters in this were alright, but I didn’t really love them. Sure both had sob stories, but I didn’t feel like I really connected with them or cared about them all that much.

The storyline in this was about Victoria being kidnapped and held for r
Annika
description

This was a very, very strange mix of mystery, sci-fi and YA romance that, I'm afraid, didn't really work for me.
For the most part, I was bored by the story, feeling indifferent toward the main characters and/or annoyed with the perpetually changing POVs, and while I didn't hate this book, I certainly can't say I enjoyed it, either.
So two stars it is, plus half a star for the, admittedly, unexpected final twist.

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Carrie
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Victoria's father is the famous inventor Bill Faraday who is considered a genius for all of his robotic technology that has slowly been replacing human workers. With that fame though comes danger from those opposed to her father's inventions. Just a few years before Victoria had been stabbed and almost died in an attack geared towards her father. Now Victoria's worse fears have come to pass yet again, alone Victoria is attacked yet again and kidnapped.

Having come along on what Sam thought was g
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read this for review. All Her Secrets is a YA psychological thriller set for release in late October.

The premise of this book appealed to me as I love thrillers, especially ones surrounding abductions. I thought that aspect of the story was done fairly well, especially with the alternate point of views. This book also had dystopian themes throughout which I thought was unusual. I enjoyed the ethics and reasoning behind this.

Whilst I enj
Abbie
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from Netgalley, In exchange for an honest review.)

The characters in this weren't bad, but they weren't ones I loved.

This was an okay read, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. There were a few parts that felt a bit slow, but it managed to keep my interest okay. It just didn't grip me like I had hoped it would, unfortunately.

Overall, An okay read.
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
So, when I first began reading All Her Secrets, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I don't read very many YA psychological thrillers (to be honest, I wasn't aware people really wrote those in the YA genre) and I don't recall ever reading any type of psychological thriller that is also a dystopian book. Being a huge fan of both dystopian literature and psychological thrillers, I could not wait to jump into this one.

The prologue grabbed my attention right away, though after that, it did have a bi
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
“My family has secrets, Sam. I have secrets.”
“We all do,” he says quietly.
“Do you trust me?”
“Yes,” he says.

This book has quite a few surprises in store. I had initially thought that it was a contemporary romance (maybe with some drama or suspense), so the sci-fi elements were a pleasant surprise to me. Plus, that ending was one huge plot twist. It’s like “so you think you know everything by now? WELL YOU’RE WRONG.” I’m honestly giving one star to the ending alone.

The future is here,
Kriss
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
While this isn’t my usual genre, I feel like this book has some very genuine merits. I was intrigued by the slight-futuristic setting coupled with the mystery of the kidnapping scenario. My expectations were low, I’ve been burned by YA/NA (this isn’t graphic enough for NA but the main characters are college age so too young for YA…) that wanted to just frame a romance in a darker setting, but this was a surprisingly good book with a few twists I didn’t see coming.

One big thing that drew me in wi
Portia
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I received an eArc from Netgalley and the publisher. That has in no way affected my thoughts and opinions in this review. This is also a spoiler free review.

This was not an easy book to get into. I will be honest with you guys. I was stupid and forgot that Sam was supposed to be a guy and I spent like forty pages thinking so and then I freaked out and had to reread the synopsis and the first forty pages because I thought he was a GIRL. My brain is weird, okay. I thought that I might rate this on
Jenn Richardson
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really loved the first 80% of this book. I love the futuristic aspects and the mystery and I loved that I really couldn't get a handle on what the bad guys were doing and why. What I really didn't like was the "love story" part of it, which came more towards the end of the book. It was extremely sudden but also basically nonexistent. It was weird. However, I did really like the twist at the end, I totally did not s
Jennifer Y.
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads

My Rating: 4 Stars

*I received a digital ARC of this book free in exchange for an honest review.*

All Her Secrets was a very intense and suspenseful read with an ending that I never would have predicted.

I absolutely loved just about everything about this thrilling book. All Her Secrets is set in the near future in a time where robots have taken over the jobs and duties that humans once performed. These robots, including pets, are able to learn, imagine, and quite possibly feel thanks to the work
Lindsay
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rhee is a college freshman trying to move on with her life after a traumatic experience in which she almost died four years prior. On top of pretending to be okay, she just discovered a secret about her prestigious father that leaves her unsettled. Sam is the opposite of Rhee. His grandmother raised him and his sister and now he barely makes enough money to pay the bills, take care of his grandmother, and spare some change for his sister. In desperate need of money, he decides to assist his shad ...more
Kourtni R.
I received an ARC as part of my participation in Barclay Publicity's blog tour. The review was originally posted on my blog

Every once in awhile I get really in the mood for a particular genre, usually one that I haven’t really read or at least haven’t read in a long time. Recently I’ve been going through this with thrillers. So when Barclay Publicity announced that they’d be doing a blog tour for a new YA psychological thriller, I jumped at the chance to join.

There are many things that I liked a
Faith
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, netgalley
I received a ARC on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. (Thanks!)

Please imagine a YA book about a kidnapping involving teenagers. Did you wince like I did? Because it's just as bad as it sounds. I've read a book about a teenager being captured and it was freaking amazing (Stolen: A Letter to My Captor). This book sucks in comparison. (Well, you can't actually compare them, but you get what I'm saying)

This book features 2 main characters: Victoria is a college student, who is the daughte
MichellemyBelle
**ARC provided by publisher for an honest review**
'All her Secrets' begins with an attempted murder. Victoria the main character describes it in chilling detail. She talks of her survival, and from here the stage is set with the question of why was she wanted dead , and who was it that tried to killed her. This Macabre thriller takes place in more than one point of view, the question is how do these POV's stories connect? As I have grown to expect from this author, the world building is excepti
KittyKat
*This book was received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

*Actual rating 3.5/5*

I enjoyed the start of this book and the surprising ending. Parts of the book were a bit confusing due o the need for more world building or more detailed explanation. While I think the author withheld some details to make the ending more surprising and unexpected, some parts of the book weer really confusing and this made the book less enjoyable. I liked both of the main characters Victoria and Sam but d
Amanda Gillespie Shock N Awe Book Blog
First of all I'd like to thank Barclay Publicity, NetGalley and Kate Avery Ellison for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest opinion. I really liked the idea of a dystopian world revolving around the idea of robots taking over humans jobs. I Aldo led the twist near the end but otherwise I didn’t enjoy it. The writing was fine and the world building was good but it was slow going.
Rosemary
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Read/reviewed for Romance Readers Retreat Book Blog
Katherine Paschal
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

In a future society, technology has made advancements, allowing robots to become the primary workforce. People have lost jobs due to the robots and unrest and poverty are on the rise. Victoria is the daughter of the man who created the robot technology, and for that she was made a target for a violent attack. Now years later she thinks she found answers about the attack, just to be kidnapped. Sam is a poor boy trying to do his best to keep his grandmother in her assisted living home and his youn
Tony Parsons
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Toivo TN (city). Victoria Faraday (Bill’s daughter) father Bill Faraday (inventor/genius) was quite famous for inventing the 1st. mass produced-used personal robot.
Agnes is the Faraday’s household robot.
Mom had left the family & moved to Texas with her BF. He was in jail.
Amelie (college roommate) & Victoria are going to see Dev Patel’s (Amelie’s BF, artist/painter) exhibit.
Faraday Institute for Toivo Elders. Grandma Lucy (Bill’s mom) lives in the Teresa Rose Hill building.
She was thril
ACME  Teen
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
All Her Secrets is a YA psychological thriller set for release in late October. While Thrillers and Dystopian are not usually my thing, the beautiful cover art and the blurb drew me in and made me want to read it. I anticipated some suspense, some danger and a little romance on the side. What I got was a whole different kettle of fish! This was a seriously thought provoking book mainly having to do with the ethics and reasoning related to various social topics for their time. And as it was the ‘ ...more
Robin
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.

There was a lot to love in All Her Secrets. The world in the not so distant future is believable. The inventions, AI and automation all are things we are on the verge of seeing come to fruition in our lifetime. The H/h (Victoria/Rhee and Sam) are likeable and imperfect. The mystery was enjoyable with just enough clues to keep you guessing but never actually spoiling the surprise or making it easy to guess the ending.

There was also a lot
Phyllis
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-dystopian, 4-stars
All Her Secrets is another great story by Kate Avery Ellison.  I don't read a lot of dystopian fiction, just because so much of it tends to be dark and hopeless.  Though this story is darker than what I normally read, it was not hopeless.

The story takes place in the mountains of the US in the future and is told alternatively by Victoria (Rhee) and Sam with flashbacks added in as well.  I have to confess that as the story unfolded, I smugly thought I knew where it was going and what the dark secr
Victorique Crawford
DNF

Well, something about this just didn’t work. Apart from the fact that I cared almost nothing about Victoria or Sam but I found dreadfully boring.

Even when Victoria was getting kidnapped. And well, she didn’t seem to be thinking too hard as to how to get out at all. Although I get that she panicked, but why don’t you use your brains a little to sort it out. It doesn’t make any sense at all. Even more when her father is creating something that can change humanity.

As for Sam, I don’t understand
Amy Kaufman
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley, Barclay Publicity, and Kate Avery Ellison for the free copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I feel a bit conflicted about this book. On the one hand, I enjoyed the concept of this book and fell it had a great outlying plot. I liked the world building, I liked the characters, and I liked the mystery. On the other, the book is so short that the story ends right when it gets going. Throw in a forced love story that's just there for the sake of being a l
Kdesh
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Typical I love all of Kate Avery Ellison’s books. This wasn’t one that loved or hated. I guess in the end it was just the characters I wasn’t attached too.

The book had a great plot twist something you knew was coming but didn’t know how she would spin it.

The characters just didn’t hold on to me. They had nothing that made me feel for them one way or the other. It may have been the quick jumping back and forth between POV’s or maybe just didn’t build the characters long enough for me to feel em
P
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All Her Secrets (ARC) by Kate Avery Ellison: ***** Suspenseful
This story was full of twist and turns, and the suspense was masterful. It kept me on edge thru the entire story, until the shocking ending that pulled it all together. Disclosure: I am reviewing an advance copy of this story.
Helen Valenzuela
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!
Brooke Rice
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t usually read YA books but this was definitely worth the read!
Janice perry
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I read an ARC copy of this book voluntarily. I really enjoyed this book, lots of suspense and adventure. The story was great and the characters were well written.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Forbidden (A Zafarian Novel #1)
  • Stone Kissed
  • Into Aether (The Trinity Key #1)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Dark Bonds, #1)
  • Are You Still There
  • Within These Lines
  • A Bad Boy Stole My Bra
  • Torn
  • The Cellar
  • Olympian Challenger
  • Forever Vampire
  • Trickster's Girl (Raven Duet, #1)
  • A Soldier and a Liar
  • The Red Ribbon
  • Lust (The Sins and The Virtues, #1)
  • The Adventure of the Plated Spoon and Other Tales of Sherlock Holmes
  • Hansel and Gretel: A Fairy Tale with a Down Syndrome Twist
  • Alpha (The Infinity Division, #3)
I've been making up stories since I was five years old, and now I'm thrilled to be able to do it as a full-time job. I have an obsession with dark fantasy, dystopian futures, and Pride and Prejudice-style love stories full of witty banter and sizzling, unspoken feelings. When I'm not writing, I'm creating digital art, reading funny blogs, or watching my favorite shows (which include TVD and BSG). ...more
“I was blind to the truth. Emotions do that. They make you a fool.” 0 likes