Start by marking “The Fighter and the Baroness” as Want to Read:
The Fighter and the Baroness

The Fighter and the Baroness

(MMA Fighters #2)

A beautiful bride, a crooked millionaire, a handsome fighter… and a castle.

Meet Victor, an MMA fighter with his heart set on world domination. He has no time for love, which is totally dandy until a tiara-clad Helena drops into his arms at a European airport.

Meet Gunther, a groom with a shady agenda. Helena, his bride, has the coldest feet in the universe. Gunther is filth
Paperback
Published November 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Fighter and the Baroness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fighter and the Baroness

Start your review of The Fighter and the Baroness
Malene
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I never know what to expect from Sunniva Dee. She always creates something different and unexpected and I like and appreciate that tremendously.
The Fighter and The Baroness was no exception. Victor and Helena had a brief cameo in the phenomenal Dodging Trains but this book can easily be read as a standalone.

Victor and Helena were fantastic characters. Right off the bat I liked them and their chemistry even more. Helena was a strong young woman who loved her family and her heritage very much. S
Laura Thalassa
Nov 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
That cover!!! *grabby hands* I can't wait for this, it has a very Cinderella vibe to me!
Kolleen
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sunniva Dee never disappoints. She does her homework and writes true relateable characters. There are so many details in this book that made me love the writing but I can not share them without spoilers. Let me give you a general overview: the intertwining of characters, the full circle scenarios, the tense moments, the on the edge of your seat anticipation and timing make this another great work of fiction you won't want to put down!
Victor was protective and dominant without being a brute, his
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
::: Standing ovation :::

This book is PHENOMENAL. Absolutely my favorite Sunniva book so far. The writing is simply amazing! A beautiful fairytale in a contemporary-romance setting.

Helena is one of my favorite heroines ever. She is so down-to-Earth, despite her station, and I loved her "voice" throughout the book.

Victor is equally amazing. I really felt for him from the beginning, and he executed the final scene of the book perfectly.

The story flows so smoothly, the ending was definitely happy, a
Cheryl McIntyre
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Modern Day, New Adult Fairytale with a love story inside a love story that moved me to tears. This is my favorite book from Sunniva Dee, hands down! More to come upon release.
BookWorm 221
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, arcs-2016
www.bookworm221.tumblr.com

Sunniva does it yet again!

She is one of my favorite authors because she consistently delivers characters that seem so real and that are so easy to connect with, it is so easy to see someone you know or someone you’ve heard of reflected in her characters, in the way they are and the way they react to all the events in their lives, to me the fact that she manages to make the characters seem real is the most important and the most endearing part of her writing.

You can al
Annie
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Victor, a MMA Fighter with very humble beginnings and Helena, a German Baroness.
These two characters could not be more opposite, but somehow in the middle of their differences they find each other and can’t deny their mutual attraction. I don't want to give away the story with any details, but this was a fun book to read and it was interesting to see how they worked to overcome some personal battles and decide who they want to be for themselves and each other

A fun read that
Jen
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. Helena is this beautiful strong woman,who has so much weight put on her shoulders. She is down to earth,sweet,and funny,but lost...
Victor had a hard beginning. He is sexy, loyal,and determined to stay on a path set for him years ago. He's so strong and caring. I loved these two from the beginning. Their story is incredible. Its funny and touching..I loved this modern day fairytale!
Dawn
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gah! I was given the privilege of beta reading Sunniva's newest work and I LOVE it! Victor is my new crush! MMA and crowns! But honestly, there is so much more. I cannot wait to get my hands on the final version.
Cathy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the writing style of this author, no matter what the genre she manages to weave comedy and depth throughout her stories.

Helena (The Baroness) is doing a runner from her wedding, the meeting with the MMA fighters in the airport was a comic moment and the banter between her and Victor. He is strong, serious and sensible and she gets under his skin instantly and changes his life. He is captivated against his will and watching as he goes full alpha whilst she just smiles was really entertaini
Kimkbries
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Two people from two different worlds brought together. The attraction is strong but can anything become of their connection? Victor's entire life is his MMA. There is no time in his left for anyone. Will things change once he meets Helena? I thought this was a great book about strong wills, steamy chemistry and a love stronger than the challenges trying to keep them apart.
Mar
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

this was such a beautiful read!
The whole story was fantastic; very fairytale-ish soooo cute!
The bit with the mama dog made me cry and tho the part with the "dragon fighter" by the end are pretty obvious still they made me smile and all gooey and cooey... I love it!
D. King
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tiaras. Castles. Elegance. High society.
Sweat. Dedication. Hard work. MMA ring.
When these two worlds collide, neither will be the same again.

Sunniva Dee has this crazy kind of talent that can take two people who couldn't be more different and mesh them together in a heart-stopping romance that will take your breath away. She's conquered angels and humans, rebellious and focused, reserved and dominating, rocker and widow, and now, now she's done it again--MMA star and German baroness. Seriously,
Kat DM
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Modern-Day Fairy Tale Stars
*Copy gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Two individuals. Two different worlds. With Helena and Victor's missions, they can't afford any distractions. But how will they deny the sparks that ignite between the two main characters, in this love story? Well, they can't. Try as they might, they will both be in for a ride of their life.

Secrets are meant to stay in the closet. BUT I believe from personal experience that there are no secrets that never
S.F. Benson
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No surprise that I enjoyed Sunniva Dee’s latest, “The Fighter and the Baroness: a New Adult Fairytale”. It lives up to its premise—a modern day story about finding love.

Readers will fall in love with the main characters right away. Helena von Isenlohe is spunky and unbelievably brave. She’s a spur of the moment type of girl. But she’s also loyal to a fault. Victor Arquette is driven with purpose—becoming a pro MMA fighter in Vegas. He quickly learns, though, that determination only gets you so
Maari
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic, fun read!!
Ms. Dee does it again!! She had me engaged from the start. I went from laughing out loud, to holding my breath, waiting... to a few deep, romance-filled sighs... back to laughing out SO loud again!! (Let strangers look at you funny, it makes it even more amusing and opens up a conversation about an amazing Author! ;) ) This story is so wonderful! Who would think that an MMA fighter would be fighting for the love of a Baroness?!? and the banter.. have I mentioned all
Rosanna
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One word.... amazing!!
This is my first read by this author and wow!!
I really didn't know what to expect and she just blew me away.
The characters in this book are so realistic it's like I've known them for so long.
I instantly fell in love with this couple. All they've been through for love.
Victor meets Helena in an airport her still wearing her wedding dress from a wedding she just ran out of.
They happen to be going to Florida so might as well hang out together while getting there.
Their rel
Linda Romer
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, favorites
The Fighter and the Baroness by Sunniva Dee

Ahhh, what a fantastic fun read! I Loved The Fighter and the Baroness. The main characters Victor Arquette and Helena Von Isenlohe have demons to overcome in this fun romp through Germany, Thailand and Florida. I love this Authors writing style, her characters are lovable and relatable. This story will make you laugh out loud at some of Helena's quirky antics. Right from the beginning I knew I would love Helena's character, she's fun, determined and st
Lisa Ireland
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i was lucky enough to get to read this as an arc. and as always it was brilliant. love the story in this book and i love victor.. would definetly reccomend this book..
Anna
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that will keep you hooked!! Loved it!!

This is the first book I've ever read by Sunniva Dee. After reading this book and loving it, I cannot wait to read more of her books!

The title of the book intrigued me first. I liked the sound of a modern-day fairy tale, and a romance between two people I wouldn't normally put together. The book didn't disappoint either! I truly loved it. It was so funny at times, too. Especially at the beginning, and I love touches of humor in a book!

The fighter t
Jade Rosemarie
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC for an honest review!!**

Oh. My. Heavens. To. Betsy!!!
I love love love Victor and Helena.
So bloody much.

Determination meets Sophistication.

When two people from opposite ends of the spectrum meet sweetness, laughter, and new beginnings will ensue.

Victor, who was basically born and raised on the streets of Thailand, is a determined, skilled in Muay Thai, mama's boy.
Not letting his past define his future, he is willing to do the hard work, and endure anything to get to the top.
Bianca
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Martial arts fighter, Victor Arquette is focused. He aims to become the best in mixed martial arts. It’s what he’s destined to do. He doesn’t need distractions as he remains dedicated to his craft. Enter Helena von Isenlohe and everything changes. Helena left her home behind as her father’s castle deteriorates due to his money woes. As the future of the castle relies on some of her life choices, Helena flees. In her defiance against family and l
TLBC
Shelves: reviews
My Review (ARC provided) http://triciaciak.blogspot.com/
4.5 stars!
I’m going to be totally honest here and say I wasn’t sure about another “fighter” book. I’ve read a lot over the years and a lot of them seem to go down a similar path. Well I don’t know why I even gave it a second thought, Sunniva never does the same path she always takes us in a different direction and with this book it was no different. First off the chemistry between the heroine (Helena) and hero (Victor) is so well done. I fe
Julie Ayling
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this read I instantly fell in love with Helen I just loved her little spunky little sassy self.. Helen is also a very strong-willed doesn't want help will do it herself kind of person.

Now Victor ....*sigh* I love Victor he's very protective kind alpha male... Victor hasn't had an easy life but he's always been around the fighters even as a young little boy struggling to survive to see him become the man that he is it's just well and I love how you got to know Victor when he was
Derna
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sunniva Dee’s latest book The Fighter and the Baroness is a heartwarming sweet love story. Victor had a rough start in life, and I felt for him, but it only made him stronger and determined to succeed in being the best at what he does. He has a heart of gold and has those alpha qualities I loved. Helena was such selfless person who wanted to put her family and legacy before her own happiness. I liked her practical, realistic and sensible side.

I like the storyline engaging from the start. The cha
Jo
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This wasn't what I was expecting at all. For some reason, in my head, this was going to be a light romance. And, whilst there weren't scary demons to be vanquished, nevertheless, both characters were struggling with elements of themselves.

As always, one of the great strengths of this author is her character development. Helena seemed to be to be a real contradiction - naive and yet canny and confident at the same time.

And Victor? A real sweetheart. So surprised by his feelings. So unsure about w
Midnight Insider
Excellent read by Sunniva Dee!!

I have to admit that this read turned out a lot different then I was expecting. Just goes to show that there are still surprises in the book world, and good ones to boot.

I was expecting Victor to be more on the rough and tough side, however, the depth that Sunniva brought to his character really had me hooked in this one. From the beginning of his life Victor had it rough and my heart strings were already pulled taught. I don't want to give spoilers but lets just s
Alyson Santos
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would read Sunniva Dee’s summary of a takeout menu. The woman can write, so when I had the opportunity to check out this latest gem, of course I couldn’t wait to dive in. I immediately lost my heart to this modern fairytale that had all the heat, realism, and passion of her other works.

I loved the baroness, Helena. I loved how her complex life of privilege hasn’t corrupted her innocence, compassion, and curiosity about her world.

I swooned for the fighter (pauper), Victor. His intensity and de
Jen
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read Sunniva Dee. I have to say I really enjoyed The Fighter and the Baroness. Helena and Victor came from two completely different worlds, but fit so well together. Helena is fleeing her country when she meets Victor at the airport in Munich. At first Helena is slightly rude to Victor - she has had a rough day - but Victor sees past Helena's feisty attitude. Victor has very little time outside of training and fighting, but he can't get his mind off of Helena a ...more
Natalie
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've gotta say this was a great one!! I wasn't sure by non descriptive sexual encounters and lack of completion. I know that sounds silly but I'm just used to that in alot of books I read. BUT that being said Sunniva makes up for that with the emotion, humor, sexual tension, and the hot guys ;)

I love fighters so Victor just totally did it for me but then you throw a hard past on that? Whew hoo. That just makes for a dedicated bad boy with a heart of gold. That is Victor.

Then you have what you
« previous 1 3 next »

• Queen of Klutz (The Sibby Series, #1)
  • Losing It (Inked Hearts #6)
  • Sibby Slicker (The Sibby Series, #2)
  • Hold Me Today (Put A Ring On It, #1)
  • Never Catch The Bouquet
  • Damnable Grace (Hades Hangmen, #5)
  • Thief (Academy of Unpredictable Magic , #3)
  • Rock My World
  • The Last Vampire: Book One (The Last Vampire, #1)
  • The Perfect Match (Sinful Desires #2)
  • Accidental Romeo
  • Asher Black (The Five Syndicates, #1)
  • Southern Player (Charleston Heat, #2)
  • Niccolaio Andretti (The Five Syndicates, #2)
  • That Guy
  • Come Back to Bed
  • Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
  • Sexy Beast

Sunniva Dee is a USA Today and Amazon top 100 bestselling author with an eclectic taste in books. Born and raised in Norway, Sunniva lived in the United States for 17 years before returning to the mothership, where she sucks inspiration from trolls and barn gnomes and cold little mermaids popping their heads out of the fjords. Oh, and Spotify. Always Spotify.

Sunniva dabbles in literary romance, ro

MMA Fighters (2 books)
  • Dodging Trains (MMA Fighters Book 1)

News & Interviews