Start by marking “Soul Bound: The Warrior” as Want to Read:
Soul Bound: The Warrior

Soul Bound: The Warrior

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Murderer...

Jace Camden is haunted by his past. One that has many believing he got away with murder. He's run from it, trying to start over in a new town. But his past hasn't let him escape and it's determined that his future will not be a long one.
Death will demand its due.
And his dead wife will make sure that debt is paid in full.

Kitt Thomas' life is in a rut, but that
ebook, ARC edition, 450 pages
Published June 13th 2017 by JTW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Soul Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Bound

A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I am speechless with my first ever read from this author. Jas T Ward has written a remarkable, soul destroying, action packed, supernatural blockbuster which enthralled me from start to finish.

The storyline flowed perfectly, with my heart racing in every page. The characters were perfectly sculpted with soul aching events throughout that makes you want to dive in there and get them the hell out of this supernatural phenomenon.

Every chapter I thought would be the moment that these characters ge
Jas Ward
Sep 07, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Part of me can not wait to get this book to you.
Another part of me is so scared to.

photo SB TEASER FOOTPRINTS_zpsu5xnmwjw.jpg

Soul Bound isn't about having an HEA...
It's about surviving the journey to see if one can even exist.
Niki_g
arc has been received by me for an honest opinion for this dark horror palpitating romance fix.

The story left me perplexed, sweaty, haunting and gasping. I had cried and had nighmares over this novel in real.

It is a definite read for people who are looking for paranormal, horror, romance with second chances and lots of pity and some tight fist, bone cracking action scenes.

The scenes were diabolical. They played out in my mind as if I was watching a horror flick itself! Although it was my firs
Kandy
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was not sure what to expect to read opening this book.
Honestly, I didn't look. I decided to read this book sight unseen.

I am glad that I did. I didn't have a preconceived opinion to keep me turning the pages. That is what the author did. She wrote a really good story line, with great characters, and the suspense.... whoa! The suspense! You will not be sorry turning past the great cover.
I am so glad I got to read this book, I must have needed it. It is kind of dark, broody, made you want to h
Dee Winston
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
WoW!!!! I didn't know what to expect with this book. I usually don't read books like this so I kept an open mind. And when I first started reading it i didn't know where it was going. Then the more I read the more I got vested in Jace's life. I could feel his pain and his heart ache. I was so happy when he met Kitt. And when she stopped running and started listening to him I thought this is his chance again.. But they want him so bad.. So how is he going to keep the ones he love safe and fulfil ...more
Felicia
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. Jace's journey was a difficult one and with the help of his awesome friends and girlfreind, he wouldn't be able to find out what he is or to fulfill his destiny. This book touches on mythology and how that comes into play with what Jace is and why he is having the problem he is having.

I am looking forward to continuing this story.
Petra Gleason
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. A good beginning to this new series with engaging characters. Look for my longer review on www.lovenbooks.com
Brittany
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jas has left me speechless. SB has broken me out the monotony of the same storyline again and again.
Joy
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jace Camden is haunted by his past and by haunted I don’t mean just some bad memories, I mean memories so powerful they feel as if the dead is manifesting into solid form and coming back to mess with him physically, mentally and emotionally. Now turn on the lights or read this book while it is day time and make sure the temperature in your house is nice and warm so you don’t confuse that chilly feeling with something sinister lurking in your room, something dead and cold trying to grip onto your ...more
Racheal Celatka yunk
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting Finds Updated Daily

Amazon

Kindle Store

All Departments Alexa Skills Amazon Video Amazon Warehouse Deals Appliances Apps & Games Arts, Crafts & Sewing Automotive Parts & Accessories Baby Beauty & Personal Care Books CDs & Vinyl Cell Phones & Accessories Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry    Women    Men    Girls    Boys    Baby Collectibles & Fine Art Computers Courses Credit and Payment Cards Digital Music Electronics Gift Cards Grocery & Gourmet Food Handma
Monique
Review written: August 7, 2017
Star Rating: ★★★☆☆
Heat Rating: ☀☀☀☼☼

This is a really hard book to categorize, which I think is part of the point. It doesn't read like a romance, but it's the first of a series (and I have been told the end of the series is an HEA), so I am calling it a romance. Ward calls it a bit of horror; I think of it as paranormal or maybe urban fantasy with strong romantic elements.

It's an intricate story, sometimes told rather inelegantly. But at it's core, it's a love stor
Nikki Payne
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Soul bound – The Warrior – Jas T Ward *****

This isn’t you’re average paranormal romance. This isn’t your typical ‘happy ever after’ love story. If that is what you were expecting, then think again. And prepare yourself to survive a read of a lifetime. This is different from anything you have ever read before. This is an emotional roller coaster that you want to get off, then get back on and ride it all over again just for the thrill of it. It will have you screaming and throwing things in a way
Love N. Books
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pet’s $0.02

This kind of book is totally in my wheelhouse. I read what some might call horror/paranormal/fantasy all the time and if I’m honest, they’re my favorite genre.

Jace’s story is what kept me reading this book. He’s such a tragic character. The guy has been drug through the wringer….backwards. Jas did a great job of making me feel his pain strongly while I still questioned whether or not he actually had a hand in his wife’s death or what the fuck was actually going on.

Kitt as the love in
Books Laid Bare
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have no idea how many times I have uttered the words “ I don’t read paranormal” and I never envisaged that changing but I like to challenge myself and after reading the blurb, this story really appealed to me.
So, taking a leap of faith I dove straight in and I am happy to say that I was not disappointed, this was a really super read.
I have no idea what an paranormal romance would normally be like all I can go on is the story that was laid before me, so here goes.
Emotionally this was edgier th
Brenda Henderson
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start, have you ever read one of those books where sometimes you just have to close it to take a break from the intensity of the story? Well if you have ever experienced this, I can assure you this is definitely one of those books. Now this is definitely not a bad thing and all credit to the author that she can actually make you feel this strongly. The book has a dark storyline and the author certainly makes you feel everything the characters are going through. This bo ...more
MLBC
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark, a bit scary, but worth the read!

You have to like this kind of darkness in romance. And I completely understand if many don't. It generally isn't my thing, but I will read it. After finishing this book, I stood back and said, "Wow!" How refreshing to read a book that did not have a predictable plot. How breezy it feels for the main characters not to be stereotypical. Was it dark? He** yeah. But I came away with such a different view of "dark" than I'd had before. Ms Ward has earned a spot o
Lori Greis
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark romance lovers rejoice! Get ready to be swept away into the world of the haunting, tortured soul that is Jace Camden. This book is unlike anything I've ever read, in the darkest, most amazing ways. Jas has a way of storytelling that literally grabs you & thrusts you into the heart of the action. Her characters are raw, complex & real. And don't be surprised if at some point you want to throw your e-reader because the plot twists come often & at the most unexpected places. This b ...more
Susan Angela Wallace
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Soul bound the warrior by Jas T Ward.
This was a fantastic read.Jace Camden is living in hell. Ever since his wife Laura commited suicide. 5 years. Kitt has agreed to a date with Jace which was organised by their friend Skylar. They have idea a about his hell. They are about to find out.
Absolutely fantastic read. I loved the story. I really felt for Jace. I just wanted to take him away from it all. Good for kitt. Highly recommended. 5*. Netgalley and pikkos house.
Nina
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A dark paranormal romance that borders on horror. Suspenseful. Very engaging. The author has you running 100 miles an hour then... brick wall. I want to say it felt rushed, but I was reading so fast--to get to the resolution/HEA--that I can't really say it was rushed. Just... well, hope book 2 resolves a few things. I received this book from eBook Discovery. This his my honest review, which I voluntarily post here.
Maria Angie Mendoza
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fascinating story this is not your typical romance!
Captivating, fast paced, exciting, supernatural horror story.
This is normally not my favorite genre but the title captured my attention and I'm so glad it did.
The writing was brilliant, the characters were were so well developed and likable, I was hooked.
The twisted and emotional journey of Jace, Kitt, Zane and Skye was raw, edgy and dark!
I can't eat to read more about these characters!
Eva LeNoir
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who said romance had lost its originality aspect?
Soul Bound is far from anything you've read. The original storyline, the flawed yet endearing characters and the gasp inducing plot twists will have you devouring this story. Sometimes we are certain that our lives are just straight lines from birth to death but in this story, that line is riddled with curves, dips and rollercoaster descents into hell.
You definitely want to dive into this series!
Dawn
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Wow. Didn't expect all that! This is not a roses and rainbows kind of book. You will need a strong desire to finish this when you read it as it is quite frightening. It's definitely not one to read at night!

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Elsie Caba
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC received in exchange of an honest review.

This is a different story from your typical book. It's very interesting. At the beginning it took me a while to catch the flow on the story but as I got further along I was feeling captivated.

Jace is running from a past that hurts him and along the way he discovers things about himself he didn't imagine and he found love.

I would've like for this book to have a different ending but I'll be waiting for the second one to get the rest of the story.
Tracey
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#SBsurvivetheread

This is not my normal type of read, yes I do PNR but I generally keep away from the scarier side, but I am so glad I took the chance to read this book - I thoroughly enjoyed the rollercoaster of emotions it put me through.

There is a hashtag for this book #survivetheread - Well I survived the read, but felt emotionally wrecked and my nerves needed a vacation - It also left me with a book hangover!

My thought after finishing the book was - Omg that was a good read.

There are romanc
Jennifer Adams
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, ahar
The lead character in this book, Jace, is clearly haunted by a tragic event that had occurred. It plagues him mentally and physically to where he's afraid of falling asleep.
This is a paranormal-fantasy/horror. I read quite a lot of paranormal-fantasy, yet haven't read too many horror, but this would be one I would recommend, especially if you are looking for something suspenseful.
Sofia Galvez
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked it.

review to come.
Shelly Crawford Reynolds
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Just. Wow. There are no other words to describe how I feel about this one. I could not put it down. Is Jace crazy? Did he do it? Is this real? You. Just. Don't. Know. I can't even summarize this book properly. You just have to read it yourself. But be warned. It will change you. It will change how you think. It will freak you out. And you will love it too. Do you think you can survive the read? I did. But barely. Now I need the next one!
Megan L Harnett
I liked this book overall but it left me a little confused. The story was good but they kept the suspense right up until the very end. Then when everything was explained the story ended suddenly. I felt it rushed at the end and I had so many more questions. Maybe the author did this deliberately for a cliffhanger ending but it just kind of stopped and left you with no satisfaction. I might read the next book but I didn't like how this one left off.
Sassy Southern
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Warning: absolutely under no circumstances do not read this story at night or in the dark! I'm still trying to catch my breath a few days later. Soul Bound is an absolute must read, so before you finish reading the rest of this review, one click IMMEDIATELY!!!
Jace Camden has always felt a little different. At an early age he gets placed in a mental institution when he tells his mother he sees beings attached to humans. After a childhood filled with tragedy, his adulthood follows the same path. J
Kay
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not exactly sure where to categorize this book. It is more horror with some paranormal with enough romance to even go in that category. All in all, it wasn't a bad story. It took me a minute to get where they were going with this wife situation (and I was wrong most of the time anyway), but that was one of the alluring things about it.

The story in a nutshell is, there's this guy whose wife killed herself a while ago and now she's haunting him. Literally. He's running away, or attempting to
About the Author

Jas T. Ward has always used writing as a necessary escape. With a past that is marred with a difficult childhood and domestic violence as well as being homeless as an adult, Ward lost her creative voice when she lost her soul mate to suicide.

Finding that creative voice once again in writing in social media via blogs and creative writing groups, it was the fans that encouraged her t
More about Jas T. Ward...