Start by marking “Cozy Christmas Shorts: holiday short story collection” as Want to Read:
Cozy Christmas Shorts: holiday short story collection

Cozy Christmas Shorts: holiday short story collection

(Tahoe Tessie #1.5)

11 holiday themed cozy mystery short stories by New York Times, USA Today, and National Bestselling authors! Short holiday bites perfect for enjoying while waiting in holiday lines or binge-reading over a cup of hot cocoa.
**The authors are donating a portion of proceeds from this collection to Toys for Tots!**

This LIMITED TIME collection includes the holiday short stori
Published September 5th 2016 by Gemma Halliday Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cozy Christmas Shorts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cozy Christmas Shorts

Start your review of Cozy Christmas Shorts: holiday short story collection
Renee
Dec 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was very disappointed as I began to read this book finding that the majority of the shorts were already published in the Cozy Cristmas Capers I read. It appears that maybe about 3 stories are new as I compare the list. I didn't bother with the new stories, feeling I'd been duped into purchasing a book with repeats. There was nothing in the general description that would indicate a bunch of repeat stories, otherwise I would not have bought it. If I could easily get my money back I would, but in ...more
Cecelia Kelsey
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books like this because it gives me a chance to read books by authors I have yet to discover. Each story is a look into the authors style. I loved this book and enjoyed all the stories. It is a great way to spend a few days and to get into the Christmas spirit.
K-BRC
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic collection that does not disappoint. Must read.
moxieBK
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday-theme
Cozy Christmas Shorts: holiday short story collection (11 short stories) Dec. 25, 2016-Jan. 24, 2017

When I started to read this set of holiday cozies, I was thinking I was going to read it over break in the few days leading up to Xmas. Then, life got in the way and had to go ruin everything. So, a new plot was hatched when I was able to pick this set back up again: I’d read one short story a day over a course of many days, until it was finished.

I decided to review each one separately, as though
Bobbie
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
11 short Christmas-related cozy mysteries. Just what I was looking for. Most just too silly for my tastes. Good price and mostly entertaining. All the Gemma Halliday books are geared towards a much younger audience than yours truly. The one by Gin Jones was my favorite. I read the ebook version. Copyright Sept 2016.
Kate
Nov 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don't consider a story a short story if it takes longer than twenty minutes to a half hour to finish it. I also don't think a short story should have seven or eight chapters. I the first two, one of which was mildly entertaining, and then sampled chapter ones until I gave up. These are just not to my taste.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a great collection of short stories that centers around the holidays. There are many great stories featuring some favorite series such as Tahoe Tessie, Franki Amato, and The Bombay Family. They will give a good chuckle and are bite sized morsels perfect for this time of year when things are so busy.

I was provided a copy of this manuscript from the publisher, I voluntarily chose to submit my review.
Brandie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Fun Christmas collection of short stories

I like this collection. I wasn't familiar with all the books so it gave me a glimpse into the ones I was unfamiliar with and a better look at the series I had read before.
Julie
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, christmas
Some of the stories were fun, entertaining, interesting characters, nice feeling of Christmas, good mysteries. Some were bizarre, uninteresting, poor characters, no real Christmas atmosphere, weak mysteries. Real variety. Loved some. Hated some.
Jennifer Artiles
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holiday shorts

This was a group of holiday short from some authors I was familiar with and some I wasn't. I enjoyed most of the stories and picked up a couple of authors to look into further.
Homerun2
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

Frothy holiday short mysteries, readable and lightly entertaining.
Marianne
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'd like to say I enjoyed this, but it was really only okay. Fluff reading, some better than others, the quality varied all over the place. A good reminder of why I usually don't read short stories.
Helen
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was not enamored with these short stories. I did like 3 of them, but the others did not hold my interest. It will be awhile before I read cozy mysteries. I might try to read these again next year. Maybe I will like them better.
Barbara Hackel
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This Christmas collection is 11 wonderful stories, each a part of an established series by a fantastic author. You would be hard pressed to come up with a group of better cozy writers anywhere. The stories are fun and if a series is new to you, it is a great introduction! If you like to chuckle and read about sleuths with attitudes, this is the collection for you.

One of my all time favorites is author Leslie Langtry and her fictional Bombay family of hitmen/women. I love the names-each member o
Carol Evans
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Like most anthologies, it has its ups and downs. Each of these short stories fits into a series, but the only series I had read before is the Southern Pasta Shop mysteries. I will say that each story gave a good feeling for the main character and style of mystery and I’d like to read more of a few of them.
Most of the mysteries were cute and fun, but I did have a few favorites. I didn’t really hate any of them, but there were a couple that I wasn’t fond of.

Favorites:
“Have Yourself a Deadly Little
Sally Hannoush
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read all the stories in this collection. I liked some more than others. The ratings vary from 3 star to 5 star. I did review each story seperatly on it's book page. I was going to add them all together on this review but felt it would be a lot to read through and people would lose attention on it. So if you want my short take on any of the stories just go to their book link. Overall it was a nice Christmas Cozy set of stories. Most authors I've never read before. There is a couple I would read ...more
Donna
Picked this up for cheap and hoped I might find some new authors. I read the first five stories and wasn't impressed but I'll read the rest next year. Brief thoughts to remind myself:

3.0 Baby It's Cold Outside by Gemma Halliday and T Sue VerSteeg--this is the only one I've read yet that I would be interested in reading more of the series

2.5 Have Yourself a Deadly Little Christmas by Leslie Langtry--this one was engaging but just weird--a family of assassins who are way too cheery about murdering
Beverly
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was actually my last book of 2016. What a great way to become acquainted with a few new authors! All the cozies were set during the Christmas season though a lot had nothing to do with Christmas. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I had had enough of the syrupy Christmas stories I had read to get me into the mood for the holiday. This was the perfect book to transition back into normal reading. As far as reviewing each cozy, I'm not going to do it. I think the important thing is, this ...more
Lisa
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful fun tells of murder

I'm going to review this as I read. The first story I read was:

Have Yourself a Deadly Little Christmas by Leslie Langtry
I just loved this story. It is the first I have read by this author but won't be the last. There were moments I was laughing out loud. It is set to the theme of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. But such a different take on it. When you read why the victims are being killed, you won't have any sympathy for them. I started to wait about rev
Jeanie Jackson
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-amateur
I may have loved these stories so much because I already loved the series but I think that most of them could be enjoyed almost as much for a first time reader. I say almost because visited old friends is such a delight. I say "first time reader" instead of "as a stand alone" because once you get to know the characters, they will be friends for life. I don't know how long the donation to Toys for Tots will last but that alone is enough reason to grab the book even if you are not a fan of cozy/li ...more
Jan
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Delightful collection of stories from authors known and unknown to me. I will definitely have to go back and read the Bombay family assassins books as it has been several years since I laughed my way through them! Some of the other authors I have read and enjoyed more recently, and the rest have introduced me to authors that I need to get to know better. This is the perfect format for checking out unfamiliar authors!
I was happy to see that a portion of the proceeds goes to Toys For Tots!
KIM
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
OK quick reads

Of the 10 shorts in this book I loved Leslie Langtry's Have Yourself a Deadly Little Christmas. I have already purchased more of this series. I enjoyed most of the others except for the first book by Gemma Halliday, in fact I amost didn't read on after Baby It's Cold Outside. Glad now I finished the rest as it brought me to a author which is why I like reading these compalations by various authors.
Christine Thomas
Jan 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
I did not like this book of short stories at all! I thought this was going to be Christmas mystery short stories. Some of the stories mentioned Christmas but there was no mystery. Some were just poorly written and were plain boring. If all the stories there was only one I really liked and would consider another book from the author. Don't waste your time with this book if you're looking for a holiday book.
Mariko Tsubaki
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always loved collections of short stories. This was a cheap and fun way of finding new authors and series. You will receive eleven short Christmas themed stories for under $5.00. I found a few old favorites along with some new ones.
I received an ARC from the publisher for purposes of an unbiased review.
Annette
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mysteries galore!! Great collection of cozy mysteries! When you are looking for something suspenseful, humorous, a little romance or even bonus recipes to read. The stories are short but complete, they stick to the plot without loads of fillers. I have some favorites but thoroughly enjoyed them all!!
Ann Hansen
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

I especially liked the style of, "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." Not to be not-picky, but a panther can't be a vegetarian. No cat can be a vegetarian - they have to have meat, it's just the way they're made. They'll go blind and/or have other health problems if they don't have meat. But it was a good story otherwise.
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's the Christmas season and what better than a book of short Christmas stories. Each story will make you smile and give you that "feel good " sensation. So , pick up this set, I promise you a good time.

I was gifted a copy of this book. The opinions expressed are solely my own.
Vivian
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
I purchased this collection because it didn't cost very much and I have read a few of the authors previously, but I can't honestly say I liked it. I skimmed many of the stories - they just didn't catch my interest. Guess I'm just not a fan of shorts.
Kathy
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great

Great stories by all the authors now I can't wait to read their series. I think you will like them too
Allison
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed all the stories in this grouping. Will definitely go look at some of the books in the series.

• Feels Like Falling
  • Hello, Summer
  • The Return
  • Bun for Your Life (Bread and Batter Mystery #1)
  • Skyjacked
  • Family For Beginners
  • Raisin the Dead (Bread & Batter Mystery, #2)
  • Hospitality and Homicide (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #8)
  • A Killer Ending (Snug Harbor Mysteries #1)
  • Memories and Murder (Tourist Trap Mysteries #10)
  • The Case of the Spellbound Child (Elemental Masters, #14)
  • Divine Secrets  (Divine Christian Cozy Mysteries #2)
  • These Boots Were Made for Strutting: And Stunning and Knocking 'em Dead
  • Swamp Spook (Miss Fortune Mystery, #13)
  • Cozy Mysteries Collection: (Heart & Holiday Edition)
  • Wiggly the Worm
  • Devine Decisions: (Divine Christian Cozy Mysteries #4)
  • Deck the Hallways (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #4)
Gemma had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up. She worked as a film and television actress, a teddy bear importer, a department store administrator, a preschool teacher, a temporary tattoo artist, and a 900 number psychic, before finally selling her first book, Spying in High Heels, in 2005 and deciding to be a writer.

Since then, Gemma has written several mystery novels

Tahoe Tessie (2 books)
  • Luck Be a Lady (Tahoe Tessie, #1)
  • Hey Big Spender (Tahoe Tessie, #2)