Start by marking “New York City Monsters: A Search-and-Find Book” as Want to Read:
New York City Monsters: A Search-and-Find Book

New York City Monsters: A Search-and-Find Book

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Do you know New York City? The City So Nice They Named it Twice attracts people from all over the world—even little monsters! Did you know that?

Monsters are masters of camouflage who can easily hide in plain sight. They lie low among the dinosaur bones in the Museum of Natural History, go incognito in Times Square and even pay a visit to Lady Liberty! Have fun spotting the
Board Book, 22 pages
Published May 16th 2017 by City Monsters

To ask other readers questions about New York City Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New York City Monsters

Fran
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful way to pique the interest and engage young children in a discussion about New York City. In the style of "Where's Waldo?", children are encouraged to look for eight monsters, one on each page of the book. "New York City Monsters", text by Anne Paradis and illustrated by Lucile Danis Drouot takes us on a tour of Times Square with its bright city lights, plethora of visitors, double decker tour buses and traditional hot dog stands. We view dinosaur skeletons at the American Museu ...more
Whispering Stories
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New York City Monsters, is a fabulous book by Anne Paradis. It is a search and find book, so on each page you have numerous monsters to discover, hidden within the illustrations, (it does tell you on each page how many monsters you need to find).

Throughout the book you get to visit, Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Rockefeller Center Ice Rink, Thanksgiving Day Parade, plus many more places of interest.

The book is filled will beautiful, brightly coloured illustrations drawn by Lucile Danis Drouot.
Amanda
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Monsters in New York City!? Yep, and they just happen to like all the same destinations as us humans. This book is a great travel guide for kids. It makes New York City interesting and fun. Great illustrations and pretty well hidden monsters. Not to mention it is an interactive book that helps kids be more perceptive as they try to find all the monsters.

Note: I was given this book by the publisher. In no way does that affect my opinions.
Melissa
This was cute, and would be perfect for introducing NYC's highlights to children, especially if they were going to be visiting soon. The monsters were all unique and oftentimes funny - but I just wish there was an answer key, or hints, included at the end - as there were actually a few monsters that I couldn't find!
Lisa
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adorable search and find book with some of the Big Apple's most famous landmarks. I must admit some of the cute little monsters were hard to find! Great activity for kids who have been to NYC or are going there.
BookmarksandBookshelves
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
This was a sweet book in which the reader has to spot monsters hidden in different locations around New York City. I enjoyed the illustrations although I would have preferred if the book was longer, therefore including more locations. That said, the big tourist locations were all mentioned.

Locations and events included: The Statue of Liberty, Times Square, American Museum of Natural History, Central Park Zoo, 5th Avenue, the Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge, the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade,
Paul Franco
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bright landscapes of Noo Yawk are interspersed with info bubbles and monsters for you to find in a Where’s Waldo fashion. Some are pretty tricky, like the one dressed in a business suit on the street. Toward the end I missed some, much to my everlasting chagrin; some three-year-old is bound to find it and make my embarrassment complete.
Ryan
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of the reasons that I like these books, is that they have a format. They always include places to see animals, places to go shopping, something of historical significance, a type of museum, and then a culturally significant area. They are all the same, but at the same time they are as unique as the city that they are visiting.
Amie's Book Reviews

Release Date: MAY 16, 2017

Rating: 5 OUT OF 5 STARS
Julie
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Let me start by saying that the illustrations, especially the monsters, are absolutely adorable and spot on! The goal of the reader/ listener is to find 6-8 hidden monsters within the illustrations as each page spread explores one of New York City's famous landmarks.
Landmarks included in the text are the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, American Museum of Natural History, Central Park zoo, 5th Avenue shops, the Empire State building, the Brooklyn Bridge, Thanksgiving day parade floats, the ice
Vidya Tiru
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a part of a series of travel books for children and what wonderful books they are!!! This series is a really cool concept making it fun for kids to learn about places to visit and interesting sights to see in a city while looking for monsters in each page of the book! Each page of the book mentions an attraction with an interesting fact or two about it; and your job (well, actually your child’s!) is to find the many monsters lurking on that page (but I competed with mine to find the ...more
Teresa
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New York City Monsters Anne Paradis This is absolutely an awesome book. The whole series is actually. The kids and I have read a few of the books from the series. The kids love finding all of the monsters on each page and I love that they get a lesson about things in each of the cities. These books are fun for the kids and the parents both.

This book is about exploring New York City. All of the main sites are listed throughout the book. You get to see the Statue of Liberty, The empire State Buil
Andréa
Note: I received a digital ARC of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Angela
rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2017
Elizabeth
Mar 13, 2017
Jocelyn Brame
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A whimsical exploration of some of New York's landmarks, including the Statue of Liberty, Central Park Zoo, and the American Museum of Natural History. A good children's book for both independent exploration and interaction with a more experienced reader.
Stacy