Start by marking “A Map to Otherworld: The Beginner's Guide to Meditative Shamanic Journeying” as Want to Read:
A Map to Otherworld: The Beginner's Guide to Meditative Shamanic Journeying

A Map to Otherworld: The Beginner's Guide to Meditative Shamanic Journeying

Map of Otherworld presents an introduction to meditative style shamanic journeying, a thorough illustrated map to the spirit worlds, guides on how to interact with these for the most impact, answers to common questions about interacting with these worlds and those who inhabit them, and exercises for more advanced practitioners to apply journey work to healing the self usin ...more
Published September 1st 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about A Map to Otherworld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Map to Otherworld

Start your review of A Map to Otherworld: The Beginner's Guide to Meditative Shamanic Journeying
Erin Miller
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shamanic work? Astral projection right? Well, if anything it certainly got the best of me in regards to my own curiosity of inexplicable phenomena that current science has yet to prove of disprove.
As I was reading through this book, it had many similarities in regards to my own religion when I do practice it, that of Paganism. Wicca it also reminded me of and yes, there are differences between the two, kind of like how there are differences between Christianity and Catholicism. Either way though
Heather
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This book gives the reader a ton to think about -- as well as exercises to try out. Rebekah does a great job making the reader feel welcome, no matter how experienced or inexperienced they may be. I especially love that she gives examples according to her experiences; this also helps the reader understand the complexities that surround journeying. As someone that's fascinated by journeying, this book ranks among the top in terms of explanations and what to expect. A must read for anyone studying ...more
Krystle
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book on Goodreads and I am so happy I did. This book was interesting an insightful. It was almost strange to read a book that agreed with knowledge I gathered over the years but never really shared with anyone. I especially enjoyed the way the author wrote as if she was talking directly to me. I plan on rereading some areas of the book to better understand it further. I also plan on checking out her website for more information.
Patricia
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lots of information whether novice or experienced. Very easy to read and understand. I am new but curious and decided to read it. The author is very knowledgable. Recommend book
Leah
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it

A Map to Otherworld: The Guide to Meditative Shamanic Journeying is one of the three books included in my literature review on the same theme. From an alternate perspective, Rebekah Gamble includes the topics and themes under the personal healing, self-knowledge and heightened awareness umbrella. It explores healing, energy flow through visualizations, grounding energy, and meditation. Further, it offer unique perspectives on integrating and balancing chakra energy through body, mind and soul.
ht
Amy Lohr
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author brings a depth of experience and competency with shamanic practices as well as meditation and healing practices. They make an excellent distinction between guided meditation and actual journeying in the spirit world or Other worlds, which is not always made in popular culture. They also do an excellent job of describing the differences between the worlds, how to safely journey and what to expect.
Benjamin Pullen
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding reading.

I have never felt so connected and in line with a teachers train of thought before. An incredible read. An amazing opportunity.
Sharon
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this book, not knowing much about the subject. I didn't connect with the author and decided this is not the path for me. If this is your path, you may feel differently. It just wasn't for me.
Tabetha Roulette
This book was very interesting, she definitely opened my mind even deeper into the shamanic journeys. A must read for people who searching for more to journey about.
Beth Haggett
Aug 23, 2018
Patricia Woodruff
Sep 07, 2016
Chaya L. Stone Berlstein
rated it did not like it
May 03, 2018
Oct 30, 2019
Dan Houlihan
Jan 14, 2020
David Gamble
Nov 14, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Maria Morrison
Mary Walter
is currently reading it
Jun 05, 2017

• Shamanic Journeying
  • Shamanism: For Beginners! How to Understand and Implement a Shaman Way of Living
  • How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
  • A Shamanic Kundalini Awakening
  • Bits & Pieces
  • Innogen Forest
  • The Ultimate Guide to Chakras: The Beginner's Guide to Balancing, Healing, and Unblocking Your Chakras for Health and Positive Energy (The Ultimate Guide to...)
  • An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding