Start by marking “Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #2)” as Want to Read:
Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #2)

Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt

(A Narwhal and Jelly Book #2)

Happy-go-lucky Narwhal and no-nonsense Jelly find their inner superheroes in three new under-the-sea adventures. In the first story, Narwhal reveals his superhero alter-ego and enlists Jelly to help him figure out what his superpower is. Next, Narwhal uses his superpower to help a friend find his way back home. In the third story, Jelly is feeling blue and Narwhal comes to ...more
Published February 27th 2018 by Tundra Books (NY) (first published May 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt

Mischenko
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great Narwhal book about Narwhal and Jelly becoming super heroes. Kids love♥ the illustrations and the story is super easy to read.

Super Narwhal to the rescue!

4****

Thanks to netgalley for a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Erica
I never read the first Narwhal and Jelly book, only karen's review (and subsequent reviews, as well, but hers was the first) so I feel like I've got a solid grasp on these adorable characters.

These two are not unlike Frog and Toad or Heart and Brain or Snail and Worm: Three Stories About Two Friends. There's the impulsive, fun one and the logical, more down-to-earth (or down to ocean bottom, I suppose) one. One worries more and the other is spontaneous. It's a common friendship model, by now, b
Sandra
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Narwhal is decided to become a superhero. He already has a name, an outfit, a secret identity, even a sidekick. But he still needs to find out which his superpower is...
Cute, funny and very heartwarming. I would say it is a great introduction to graphic novels for kids 6 years old and up.

I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Shawna
Such a cute, sweet, funny kids book! One part made my 5-year-old burst into hysterical giggles!
Ginger
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, ya-kiddos
In which we; learn how to be a super hero, what Narwhal's super power is and eat waffles!

I was super disappointed the formatting was off on my kindle for this little cutie but I still enjoyed the illustrations and the adorable story.
If I had the little kiddos still I would be purchasing all the Narwhal stories for our kiddo library.
Since my 14 year old is a complete stick in the mud, I will just have to wait for friends to have new little beasties so I can live vicariously through them.
Highly
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A guilty pleasure...innocent and fun with important lessons about friendship.
Abby Johnson
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yup.
More, please.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sesana
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
These narwhal books are just so cute. I love the adorable art, and the stories just make me happy to read. My niece really liked Clanton's first narwhal book, and I think she'll like this one even more.
Carol
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thanks, Netgalley!

Super Narwhal is the optimistic cheerleader everyone needs in their life! This book will prove that you don't need superpowers in order to be a superhero. Sometimes the hero you need is a friend who will listen to you and cheer you up when you're blue.

The simple text and illustrations are paired with beautifully subdued colors that allow the reader to focus on the (surprisingly) expressive characters as they re
Lata
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story of Narwal deciding to become a superhero, and making a sad Jelly his sidekick. Then, Narwhal struggles to figure out what his superpowers are. After interactions with several other sea dwellers, Jelly hits on it: Narwhal's super power is helping others feel super about themselves.
Totally cute and bold drawings accompany this simple and somewhat silly story with a heartwarming end.
Kathleen
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Very cute....my granddaughter loved all three from the series, but this one was her favorite!!!
Shari (colourmeread)
I received an advance reading copy of this book from Penguin Random House Canada in exchange for an honest review.

Narwhal and Jelly are on a mission to channeling their inner superheroes! This is the perfect pick-me-up for anyone looking for something quick, cute, and heartwarming. As our duo figure out what they need to do to become superheroes, I found myself smiling at their conversations. I also fell in love with the illustrations in this book! I'm definitely keeping an eye out for Ben Clant
Wendi Lee
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Copy provided by Netgalley for an honest review*

I may be slightly biased because I'm fond of narwhals, but this graphic novel about said narwhal and his jellyfish friend is soo cute! There are three mini stories, plus a few pages of interesting facts about sea creatures, that I can see appealing to anyone from ages 5 to 110. What turns out to be Narwhal's superpower? You have to read to find out!
Julie
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kidlit
My favorite graphic novel series. Great for younger GN readers. Plus the narwhal is extra cute.
Alisha
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How could I not give this book 5-stars? It has everything! Super Narwhals, secret disguises, strawberries and waffles, shooting starfish and mustaches! Great for all ages.
Marathon County Public Library

In the second book of this graphic novel series, Narwhal and Jelly decide to become super heroes! But, you can’t just become a super hero. One needs a super cool outfit, a super cool name, and most importantly, a super cool super power. Narwhal tries to be invisible, but it doesn't work. He tries to be super strong, and even tries to fly (under the sea), but he doesn't have those super powers either. What is something Narwhal has that is pretty super? Find out with the help of his super sidekick

Alice
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure why I went straight to 4 stars, but I think it comes down to that it is unique and funny! Also, who the heck knows what a narwhal is! It makes you want to learn more and of course WAFFLES! A fun one that makes me smile!
Kelly
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super-fied!

(Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book for review through Library Thing's Earlier Reviewers program.)

In the second installment of Ben Clanton's Narwhal and Jelly series, our favorite unicorn of the sea has been bitten by the superhero bug. Narwhal has decided that he, too, wants to be a superhero. He's got a superhero name (Super Narwhal), a flashy costume (yellow cape), a sidekick (Jelly Jolt), and a secret identity (Clark Parker Wayne) ... but no superpowers to speak
Kimber
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a trimmed down version of my review, to view the full review visit The Book Ramble.

I received a copy of this book from Penguin Random House in exchange for an honest review.

A sequel to Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea this picture book follows the 2 best friends as they work to become superheroes. While Narwhal has his outfit and super identity figured out he doesn’t know what his power is unfortunately. Featuring some fun facts about creatures of the sea this book is a ton of fun and super c
Erika
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
--I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are purely my own and not influenced in any way.--
I'll be real honest, I freaking love these Narwhal and Jellyfish books: They're super cute, drawn really well, include some interesting factoids, and are pure fluff. I was incredibly excited to see that another book in the series is coming out at some point next year, this time involving Narwhal and Jellyfish's first forays into superhero-dome. This one has
This was my first time sitting down and reading a book from the new Narwhal series. The narwhal series, is a beginner chapter book series for our early readers. I am disappointed in myself for not having picked up the first one yet! In this second edition, Narwhal and his friend Jelly have decided to become super heroes; the only problem is that they don't know what their super hero powers are. Each chapter focuses on their adventures, trying to figure out their super hero power. I cannot deny t ...more
Alex (not a dude) Baugh
In this second Narwhal and Jelly book, Narwhal decides to become a superhero. Narwhal seems to have everything he needs to be a superhero - a cape, a secret identity and a loyal sidekick in Jelly, but what is his super power? In a series of stories, in which he helps a starfish become a star in the sky and helps a crab become a super crab, Narwhal and Jelly discover that just what Narwhal's superpower is - it's bringing out the super in others and what could be more super than that?

In between st
Holly
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Random House & Tundra Books for an ARC of this incredibly cute and fun book in exchange for an honest review.

I was so excited to see a new Narwhal book available, as I reviewed the first a few months ago and was totally enchanted. The new installment is no exception, and continues to be a super (no pun intended) cute book for readers of all ages. Chock full of endearing story and fun facts, the book follows the adventures of the enthusiastic Narwhal and his buddy, a jellyfish calle
Nostalgia Reader
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Oh my goodness this is adorable. The color palette is rich yet simplistic, and the characters are very sweet. I was drawn to this series because I love narwhals. And why do I love narwhals? Because of Verne's 20,000 Leagues. So imagine my delight when Narwhal said his relative's name was Nautilus the Narwhal... *squee!* I also loved Narwhal's secret identity, Clark Parker Wayne. *nerdy giggle*

Over all, a very fun story about friendship, having fun, and helping others to achieve their g
Nicola Mansfield
The cuteness and silliness continue in the second Narwhal and Jelly book. This time each story revolves around the two becoming superheroes and what a hero really is. They solve a few problems and help a few friends out. We get a dose of Super Waffle and Strawberry Sidekick, a comic the two write plus a feature on sea creatures with real super powers. Lots of fun in this easy reader written in comic format. This series is a winner!
Mary Ann
This is a terrific graphic novel for beginning readers, with cheerful Narwhal who’s determined to be a superhero. Narwhal’s superpower turns out to being a true friend, especially when his best friend Jelly is nervous at every turn. Adorable and charming, perfect for kids who’ve moved beyond Elephant & Piggie.
Lisa
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really love these books. This is like a comic easy book. The story is really cute with a good moral to the story. In the end Crab was introduced, so in the next book maybe there will be more Crab. I would totally read this for a storytime.
Erica
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Narwhal and Jelly are back for new adventures. This time Narwhal wants to be a superhero with Jelly as his sidekick. But what is Narwhal's superpower?

I loved the puns in this book. I found myself laughing out loud while reading.
** thank you Netgalley for advanced reading copy**
Kerrikoala
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aww, super cute! But I really think Crab should have apologized for calling Jelly names.
Lindsey
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphics
A lower level, graphic. Great read aloud. Perfect for fans of Elephant and Piggie.
Ben Clanton is the author/illustrator of such books as Something Extraordinary, Rex Wrecks It!, Mo's Mustache, Vote for Me!, and The Table Sets Itself. When Ben isn't doodling up stories (and often when he is) he likes to cook, explore outdoors, and play basketball. Ben lives in Seattle, WA with his wife and goldendoodle pup. Find out more about Ben at www.benclanton.com.

A Narwhal and Jelly Book (4 books)
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #1)
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)
  • Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #4)