Start by marking “Lisette's Paris Notebook” as Want to Read:
Lisette's Paris Notebook

Lisette's Paris Notebook

What do you wear to Paris? Ami and I discussed it for hours but I still couldn't think of anything suitable. Ami said a trench coat with nothing underneath but your best underwear. That was only if some boy was meeting you at the airport, I said.

Eighteen-year-old Lisette has just arrived in Paris (France!) - the city of haute couture and all things stylish - to practise he
Published January 3rd 2017 by Allen & Unwin

To ask other readers questions about Lisette's Paris Notebook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lisette's Paris Notebook

Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lisette is in Paris to learn French and see art via the wishes of her mother and the bequeathment of her recently deceased and little-known father. While she is there, she makes friends with her clairvoyant landlady, her language teacher, and her fellow language students, and she comes to learn more about Paris, the French, love, and herself.

A nice little romp through Paris.
Angel - Angel Reads
You can find this review and more at Angel Reads.

I received a copy of Lisette’s Paris Notebook by Catherine Bateson from Allen and Unwin in exchange for an honest review. This has in no way influenced my thoughts and feelings about the book.

As soon as I started to read Lisette’s Paris Notebook I knew that wasn’t going to love it. The writing style didn’t sing to, and the protagonist could not stop complaining.

Lisette’s Paris Notebook follows protagonist Lisette as she arrives in Paris where she
Amanda
Lisette's Paris Notebook by Catherine Bateson is set in, you guessed it, Paris! I adore books set in Paris, whether they're memoirs or fiction, so I was really looking forward to this release.

The story did not disappoint. It was charming, picturesque, and so wonderfully French. Eighteen year old Lisette Williams has finished high school and has left Melbourne to spend her summer in Paris. She's ditched her usual nickname, Lisi, and has decided she'll go by Lise while abroad. She was raised by
Jenna
This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!
Thank you to Allen & Unwin for providing a review copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I love fluffy contemporary romance novels and Lisette’s Paris Notebook looked extremely promising. It has an extremely cute cover and was screaming Anna and the French Kiss at me. However, I found this novel to be a pretty big disappointment and did not enjoy the reading experience at all.

There isn’t really any other word to descr
Sanna
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Three words, Tell. Me. More. I expected a bit more character development and something to stand out. I have loved Parisian culture from a young age so I can relate to this a lot and that’s what motivated me to read the whole thing
Lisette Prendé
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Growing up I used to peruse the twirling racks filled with personalised bookmarks, mugs, and pens. They seemed to appear in most gift stores; pastel toned basics, decorated simply with a name. Your name, stamped across the item, making it yours.
The problem was I could never find my name. That didn’t stop me from trying. Every time I saw a twirling wire stand filled with named giftware, I had to look. I simply had to. Surely one day I would find something with ‘Lisette’ printed on it. But every
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a copy of this title from Allen & Unwin for review.

DNF at 144 pages

Ten Second Synopsis:
Lisette (Lise) is taking a gap year in Paris and staying with her mother's friend, a clairvoyant. While in Paris she meets some interesting people through her imposed French language class.

My interest in this one waned the further I got into it. I suspect it was just a case of me not being the intended audience for it.

If you're in the mood for a languid yet exotic holiday that evokes feelings
Tamika (paperback & flick chick)
Actual rating 3.5

So, as you may already be getting from the bio this book is a YA contemporary romance, coming of age, finding yourself story. The main narrator Lise is an 18 year old Australian girl taking a gap year trip in Paris. It is a very cute quick read. Not only is the main character Australian but the author Catherine Bateson is an Australian making this particular read a #loveozya book. Which I think is fantastic! I love reading and supporting Aussie authors and their books. It’s some
Kate
A gap year in Paris sounds like a dream come true. Seeing the sights, experiencing the culture and seeing the City of Lights in person is something Lisette and her mother have talked about for years. But who is Lisette really doing it for? Arriving in Paris with her suitcase of homemade couture and a copy of Vogue, Lise hopes to understand what is is about the city which has made her mother a passionate Francophile. With a quirky clairvoyant landlady as Lise's guide, she begins to see Paris from ...more
Casey
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This book as all the right elements for a fun summer teen contemporary set in Paris. A little family drama, a little romance, a little finding of one's self (maybe). One reviewer mentioned in lacking in depth and I would agree. There is a lot that could be explored that is just touched upon, skimmed but not delved into. But Lise is just starting her life, just finding her path. I have hope for her. If you take it for what it is, it's enjoyable.

One note, there were some unconscious (I think) micr
Leila
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This book is not generally the type of thing I go for, but I was very much pleasantly surprised! It was a predictable holiday romance novel, yes. But it was also a lot more than that. It was funny and heartwarming and a lot of fun, and I was very much impressed by the well thought out characters and their development and journeys throughout the book, as I think that often, authors in this genre tend to have very two-dimensional characters. It was fun and flirty and just what you would want and e ...more
Elizabeth
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
The French obsession continues. Lise goes to Paris for three months as part of her gap year. She lives with her mother's clairvoyant and does all the usual Paris things. I kept getting annoyed by the protagonist, until I reminded myself she's a 19 year old, not an adult, so in the end I decided her voice is actually pretty spot on. There were gorgeous descriptions of Paris in this that took me back to my trips there. Highly recommended for the travellers and the dreamers.
Gina
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lisette's Paris Notebook is a sweet and adorable account of a young woman's not-quite-a-gap-year in Paris.

Yes, there is some heavy teen drama here, but I still enjoyed the experience of Paris through a young woman's eyes.

I am ready for a sabbatical. If only Corporate America indulged such fancies!
Nari
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, france-fiction
This book was about neither Paris nor fashion. Is it a teen book or for adults? I'm so confused by so much of this story. Its a love story in Paris. The details and background plots and characters are expected and unoriginal.
Morgan
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall the dialogue was confusing, I did not like the first half, but I liked the setting and the characters.
Kristi T.
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
It was alright, nothing particularly spectacular. It feels like in teen fiction, I've read this kind of plot several times over.
Anna J. Jacobson
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Review to Come
Kerri Jones
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A light romantic escape to Paris with Lisette who goes to fulfil her mothers dreams but ends up finding her own dreams to follow.
Miya Smith
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Lisette was so irritating. 200 and something pages of nothing but occasional landmarks, and flat love interests.
Sienna Toomey
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heather Boundy
A charming coming-of-age story for budding Francophiles. Lisette is encouraged by her mother to spend three months of her gap year in Paris, honing her language skills and studying the vast array of art in the galleries. AT her French language classes she meets an interesting group of new friends, almost falls for the wrong boy, and ends up learning more about herself than about French. Her eccentric clairvoyant landlady Madame Christophe is a bit of a caricature (do French people really say "Oo ...more
L-J Lacey
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. A very sweet story about a girl coming of age and finding out what her dreams are.

Lisette has traveled to Paris during her gap year to improve her French. But is this her dream or her Mother's? Now she is on her own for the first time will she be able to step out of the shadows and stand up for herself?

A romance story and a coming of age tale. This book has both.

A good read for fans of chic lit or someone looking for something a little less serious and maybe a little more uplifting
Shannon Airens
May 21, 2019
Mcdanielm
Jan 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Catherine Bateson has won the CBCA Book of the Year for Younger Readers twice and received three Honour Book Awards, including one for Older Readers. She teaches in the Professional Writing and Editing course at TAFE but is also available for school visits, to talk about both fiction writing and poetry.

Where were you born?
I was born in Sydney, but grew up in Brisbane where my mother owned a second