Start by marking “Lisette's Paris Notebook” as Want to Read:
Lisette's Paris Notebook

Lisette's Paris Notebook

3.05  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
What do you wear to Paris? Ami and I discussed it for hours but I still couldn't think of anything suitable. Ami said a trench coat with nothing underneath but your best underwear. That was only if some boy was meeting you at the airport, I said.

Eighteen-year-old Lisette has just arrived in Paris (France!) - the city of haute couture and all things stylish - to practise he
Published January 3rd 2017 by Allen & Unwin

To ask other readers questions about Lisette's Paris Notebook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lisette's Paris Notebook

Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lisette is in Paris to learn French and see art via the wishes of her mother and the bequeathment of her recently deceased and little-known father. While she is there, she makes friends with her clairvoyant landlady, her language teacher, and her fellow language students, and she comes to learn more about Paris, the French, love, and herself.

A nice little romp through Paris.
Angel - Angel Reads
You can find this review and more at Angel Reads.

I received a copy of Lisette’s Paris Notebook by Catherine Bateson from Allen and Unwin in exchange for an honest review. This has in no way influenced my thoughts and feelings about the book.

As soon as I started to read Lisette’s Paris Notebook I knew that wasn’t going to love it. The writing style didn’t sing to, and the protagonist could not stop complaining.

Lisette’s Paris Notebook follows protagonist Lisette as she arrives in Paris where she
Amanda
Lisette's Paris Notebook by Catherine Bateson is set in, you guessed it, Paris! I adore books set in Paris, whether they're memoirs or fiction, so I was really looking forward to this release.

The story did not disappoint. It was charming, picturesque, and so wonderfully French. Eighteen year old Lisette Williams has finished high school and has left Melbourne to spend her summer in Paris. She's ditched her usual nickname, Lisi, and has decided she'll go by Lise while abroad. She was raised by
Jenna
This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!
Thank you to Allen & Unwin for providing a review copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I love fluffy contemporary romance novels and Lisette’s Paris Notebook looked extremely promising. It has an extremely cute cover and was screaming Anna and the French Kiss at me. However, I found this novel to be a pretty big disappointment and did not enjoy the reading experience at all.

There isn’t really any other word to descr
Sanna
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Three words, Tell. Me. More. I expected a bit more character development and something to stand out. I have loved Parisian culture from a young age so I can relate to this a lot and that’s what motivated me to read the whole thing
Lisette Prendé
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Growing up I used to peruse the twirling racks filled with personalised bookmarks, mugs, and pens. They seemed to appear in most gift stores; pastel toned basics, decorated simply with a name. Your name, stamped across the item, making it yours.
The problem was I could never find my name. That didn’t stop me from trying. Every time I saw a twirling wire stand filled with named giftware, I had to look. I simply had to. Surely one day I would find something with ‘Lisette’ printed on it. But every
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a copy of this title from Allen & Unwin for review.

DNF at 144 pages

Ten Second Synopsis:
Lisette (Lise) is taking a gap year in Paris and staying with her mother's friend, a clairvoyant. While in Paris she meets some interesting people through her imposed French language class.

My interest in this one waned the further I got into it. I suspect it was just a case of me not being the intended audience for it.

If you're in the mood for a languid yet exotic holiday that evokes feelings
Kate
A gap year in Paris sounds like a dream come true. Seeing the sights, experiencing the culture and seeing the City of Lights in person is something Lisette and her mother have talked about for years. But who is Lisette really doing it for? Arriving in Paris with her suitcase of homemade couture and a copy of Vogue, Lise hopes to understand what is is about the city which has made her mother a passionate Francophile. With a quirky clairvoyant landlady as Lise's guide, she begins to see Paris from ...more
Casey
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This book as all the right elements for a fun summer teen contemporary set in Paris. A little family drama, a little romance, a little finding of one's self (maybe). One reviewer mentioned in lacking in depth and I would agree. There is a lot that could be explored that is just touched upon, skimmed but not delved into. But Lise is just starting her life, just finding her path. I have hope for her. If you take it for what it is, it's enjoyable.

One note, there were some unconscious (I think) micr
Nari
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, france-fiction
This book was about neither Paris nor fashion. Is it a teen book or for adults? I'm so confused by so much of this story. Its a love story in Paris. The details and background plots and characters are expected and unoriginal.
Morgan
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall the dialogue was confusing, I did not like the first half, but I liked the setting and the characters.
Anna J Jacobson
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Review to Come
Kerri Jones
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A light romantic escape to Paris with Lisette who goes to fulfil her mothers dreams but ends up finding her own dreams to follow.
Miya Smith
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Lisette was so irritating. 200 and something pages of nothing but occasional landmarks, and flat love interests.
Sienna Toomey
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heather Boundy
A charming coming-of-age story for budding Francophiles. Lisette is encouraged by her mother to spend three months of her gap year in Paris, honing her language skills and studying the vast array of art in the galleries. AT her French language classes she meets an interesting group of new friends, almost falls for the wrong boy, and ends up learning more about herself than about French. Her eccentric clairvoyant landlady Madame Christophe is a bit of a caricature (do French people really say "Oo ...more
L-J Lacey
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. A very sweet story about a girl coming of age and finding out what her dreams are.

Lisette has traveled to Paris during her gap year to improve her French. But is this her dream or her Mother's? Now she is on her own for the first time will she be able to step out of the shadows and stand up for herself?

A romance story and a coming of age tale. This book has both.

A good read for fans of chic lit or someone looking for something a little less serious and maybe a little more uplifting
Gabriela
Jul 19, 2017
Kenmore SHS
Mar 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Catherine Bateson has won the CBCA Book of the Year for Younger Readers twice and received three Honour Book Awards, including one for Older Readers. She teaches in the Professional Writing and Editing course at TAFE but is also available for school visits, to talk about both fiction writing and poetry.

Where were you born?
I was born in Sydney, but grew up in Brisbane where my mother owned a second

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)