Start by marking “All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)” as Want to Read:
All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)

All the Lies We Tell

(Quarry Road #1)

Everyone knew Alicia Harrison’s marriage to Ilya Stern wouldn’t last. They’d grown up on a remote stretch of Quarry Street, where there were two houses, two sets of siblings, and eventually, a tangled mess of betrayal, longing, and loss. Tragedy catapulted Allie and Ilya together, but divorce—even as neighbors—has been relatively uncomplicated.

Then Ilya’s brother, Nikolai,
Published May 1st 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about All the Lies We Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Lies We Tell

Melissa
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2017
I’ve been a Megan Hart fan for years and revel in the fact that I never know what I’m in for when I pick up one of her books. I can’t say I’ve loved every one I’ve immersed myself in, but I will say that she never takes the easy way out or tries to cram a cookie cutter plot down her reader's throats. She typically delivers a unique perspective or skews the norm where relationships are concerned, resulting in a story that feels different somehow. I don't know about you, but that's what I crave ...more
Zoe
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Intense, poignant and full of angst!

This is a dark, married-the-wrong-brother romance that highlights how tragedy affects us all differently; sometimes we cling to each other and sometimes we runaway.

The prose is fluid and smooth. The characters are troubled, complex but not entirely endearing. And the plot, which is ultimately about guilt, love, life, loss, heartbreak, yearning, sexual tension, friendship and family does have some of the sexy and steamy we've come to expect in Hart's novels but
Cheri
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! 2 very quirky families and one great story. Love, romance, death (murder?), sex and a few laughs. I'm really enjoying this author :)
Bookphenomena (Micky)
3.5-4 stars

I've heard a lot about Megan Hart, but never read her books and I believe this is a departure from her normal style. I would class this as a family saga/women's fiction with a medium pace. The story rotates around Alicia from late adolescence to present day in her 30s and her relationship with two brothers. I wouldn't technically say this is love triangle territory but there is an element of forbidden love.

Whilst this isn't first and foremost a romance novel, that theme remains strong
Constantine
Rating: 3.0/5.0

This is a family drama with romance (lots of it). Some good characters, lots of relationships with trouble. The characters were well defined but not all of them had the scope I hoped for. I found Galina to be an interesting character and would have loved to read more about how she felt or her background story. The author has concentrated more about the volatile relationship between Alicia and the two brothers than other aspects.

I honestly felt that many of the romantic and sex pa
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Megan Hart is an author I will always read. Even though All the Lies We Tell isn't the most emotionally intense book by her, she still has a way of writing her main characters that allows the reader to have an intimate relationship with them. In this book, I'd say there are three main characters (maybe four) and we learn of their story, of their grief and how they all tangle together.

Alicia and her ex-husband, Ilya, still work together in their dive shop, even though they haven't been married fo
B.E.L.L.A.Mc
2* Using Amazon's own Rating System (or Marking Scheme if you're a Teacher lol).

"I didn't like it. Just didn't care for the story or characters, or the writing style. I didn't connect to much of anything in the story, and probably wish I hadn't spent the time (or money - it was FREE thank goodness) on it."

I made it to Chapter 6 but decided to cut out there. Too much going on that I didn't like; shame as I was enjoying the author's writing initially - but only initially. As soon as I figured out
Tori
Originally posted in May issue of RT Book Reviews-https://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-re...

Guilt and forgiveness is the powerful base on which Megan Hart builds her story of two families who are torn apart and then rebuilt by tragedy. Poignant, heartfelt, and raw with realism, Hart writes in the past and the present to take readers on a journey that examines the intricacies of human nature and the choices that shape us. Rich in details with complex characters and bold honest dialogue, All The Lie
~Mandi~
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As I started reading I wasn't sure if this was a book for me. I didn't think I could get into the storyline of sleeping with the ex-husbands brother. But I was surprised by how quickly I changed my mind. Megan Hart did an amazing job with her characters and the plot. I really fell in love with the relationship between Alicia and Nicholoi. I am so glad I was given the opportunity by NetGalley to read this novel. I look forward to the second book in this series.
Gigi
Apr 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
I just wanted the mystery to be solved. I wanted one thing.

And I did not get it.
Sarrah
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, series
Flat: characters, interpersonal relationships, sex, tragedy ... something should have tweaked my interest, but I hated everyone and couldn't have given a damn less what happened to them.
Dαɴιjα
4.5 stars.

It's been three years and change since I read my very first Megan Hart book. It was one of those books that made me go: I must read more by this author! Much more! Now, many Hart books later, I can say those novels I read way back then are my favorite. All the Lies We Tell isn't like the other books by Ms. Hart I've read, but reading it felt like I was reading one of those earlier ones. It reminded me why I fell in love with her work in the first place. For this reason I kept smiling w
Feb 16, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc-to-read
ARC courtesy of publisher in exchange for an honest review

Find me on

Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog

Mindy Lou's Book Review
I have mixed feelings with this book. It never really felt like a romance novel, more just a family drama story. That's typically not my kind of read but it was very well written. I never once thought of stopping and I was never bored with it, but I didn't like the characters.

This book is Alicia and Nikolai's story but there are 5 other characters that were in it so much that they all felt like main characters. It's based around the two families who were neighbors and grew up together

Jennilynn
Ashlynn
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Disclaimers: The synopsis section is ©Goodreads but the rest of the reviews are completely my words and of course the quote section is obviously from the book reviewed.
I don't know how to feel about this, it was decently written and I was drawn to it at first but it just got too saucy for me. xD It was very off and on, I liked some parts and the other parts were bland. I liked how Allie and Niko meshed together despite Allie and Ilya's divorce. It was kind of cute but reminded me of high school
Bitchin' Reads
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having read only one other title by Megan Hart (The Favor), I went into All the Lies We Tell with high hopes of enjoying it, and boy was I not disappointed. Megan Hart has a very distinct writing and storytelling style that is refreshing, dark, and leaves you feeling conflicted for days on end as you mentally digest what you've read. To sum up my feelings, I like this aspect of her books so much. And I don't want to say her books are formulaic--because they really aren't--but comparing The Favor ...more
Mary Elizabeth
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Under the Covers Book Blog
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A new book by Megan Hart is cause of celebration for me. Back when I started getting back into reading contemporary romance, she was the author I devoured. There's so much depth to her characters. They're not perfect, they're just real. Flaws, bad decisions and all.

ALL THE LIES WE TELL marks the beginning of a duology about a few people. Allie and her sister grew up next door to the Stern brothers. Ilya who always had a bit of a crush on her sister, and Nikolai who was Allie's sort of nemesis.
Dora (d_ireadromance)
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-romance
I always enjoy reading books that tell different stories! stories of real people that go through real things. I think Alicia, Nikolai, Ilya, and Jenni all went through things and lived through them like any human being would! I was really impressed by the writing and the different perspective and points of view! I began reading and could not stop thinking what would happen next!! Would they or wouldn't they and when they did I did not judge because it's ok for people to feel it's ok for people t ...more
Lynn Spencer
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
B- at AAR so 3.5 stars Megan Hart is an autobuy author for me. And even though this particular book didn’t entirely work for me, she’s still going to be an autobuy author because it contains much of what makes her work unique. Technically, she’s a solid and often vivid writer, she creates unique characters and she puts them in situations that really make them dig deep into their emotions. Hart also takes risks, whether it’s jumping back and forth across subgenres or putting characters in situati ...more
Vicki
While I didn't think this book was that engaging, I did like it and I plan to continue the series. The story is about family, love, loss, reunification (or not), death, and romance.

Ilya and Niko are brothers, Niko being the younger of the two. They have something in common: Alicia. While it is what I would call a triangle, I don't want to say what happens but it is very intricate and somewhat complicated as far as a life situation.

Ilya and Niko's grandmother is in her last days, so they both go
Cardyn Brooks
Alicia and Niko's love story is incidental to the dominant themes about what happens when people don't deal with loss and grief in healthy ways. All the Lies We Tell features characters who are juggling all kinds of deceit within and between themselves. Their shared early traumas have frozen them in time emotionally.

It's beautifully written. And there's a mystery with murky details about one character, which will hopefully get clarified in Ilya's story. About Ilya... It will require all of M.H.
Melissa
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is messy, messy. Messy in terms of the characters you have to keep straight. With the timeline switching back and forth between the past and the present, you almost need to take notes to stay on top of it all. The ending for 2 of the characters wrapped up kinda quick. I'm curious about book 2. Writing is great, the story is more convoluted than I would have preferred. 3.5*on the fence*stars

*spoiler summary*
OK there are a lot of players in this story. first the family trees....Ilya and
Shanna
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
This story is so heart breaking and complicated I dont know that I care to finish. As with all Megan Hart books it really tears you up inside, but this one just didn't catch me, while I empathized with the characters, none of them makde me feel anything more than surface emotions, I didn't connect they were all just a but too cold for me and their intertwined backgrounds didn't work for me either. Maybe it was just me.
Ashley Berry
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2017
This had a different feel than the other Megan Hart books I have read and loved. And I loved that about it. It felt fresh. It has her same dynamic writing style that always calls me to her books, whether it is erotica or woman's fiction. I love how she always makes me think!
Sheyla ✎
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, netgalley

"I'm going to miss you,
Every single day."

I'm a fan of Megan Hart. She has a way of threading and delivering unique stories. That's why I like her books.

In her latest novel, All the Lies We Tell, Megan Hart, brings us a mixture of what could have been loaded with past mistakes and hidden desires between two neighbor families.

Alicia Harrison and her sister Jennilyn have always had a friendship with their neighbor's sons: Ilya and Nikolai Stern. Growing up they did most things together until t
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
description

description
~~2.5 stars~~

I received an e-ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

What first attracted me to this book was the cover, pretty and simple but the title intrigued me too. Once I read the synopsis it lured me in even more. An ex-husband and the brother of the ex husband, secrets, and lies.....say no more. I'm all over it!

I STRUGGLED to finish this book. It started off really slow with hashing out the backstory of everybody's lives. When I got to 24% I really wanted to DNF it and go f
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

A new book by Megan Hart is cause of celebration for me. Back when I started getting back into reading contemporary romance, she was the author I devoured. There’s so much depth to her characters. They’re not perfect, they’re just real. Flaws, bad decisions and all.

ALL THE LIES WE TELL marks the beginning of a duology about a few people. Allie and her sister grew up next door to the Stern brothers. Ilya who always had a bit of a crush on her sister, and Nikolai who was Allie’s sort of nemesis.
Sara
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, arc
Since I've never read anything by this author, I really had no idea what to expect besides the synopsis which is basically thus: Allie (along with her sister, Jennilyn) grew up across the street from Ilya and Nikolai. Tragedy tears them apart and catapults her into an ill-fitting marriage and business partnership with Ilya. Ten years later, the business is limping along and the marriage is over. When Nikolai returns, Allie realizes that she was with the wrong brother all along...

I was pleasantly
MichellemyBelle
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.**

I will say this has book has an appealing cover! Somehow the cover, and particularly the title gave off a mysterious feel that everything may not be all that it seems. Let's just say after reading it, I have no idea why it has the title it has, or the cover it displays. Really, I'm pretty good at connecting the dots usually. This was completely lost on me.

The story covers the lives of two brothers, their step sister whose introduction to the stor
Goodreads Librari...: duplicate to eliminate 4 20 Feb 14, 2018 10:25AM

• Simon Says Die (Deadly Games, #2)
  • Holiday with a Twist
  • Don't Tell the Boss: a laugh-out-loud romp! (Don't Tell the Groom)
  • When You Wish Upon a Duke (Wylder Sisters, #1)
  • Can't Walk Away (Nashville Dreams, #1)
  • Where Angels Rest (Mann Family, #1)
  • Promise To Defend (Rescue Ops #2)
  • White Heat (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #1)
  • Real World (Love is Blind #2)
  • Vengeance (Lew Fonesca, #1)
  • Reindeer Games: A Holiday Romance Anthology
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • TouchStone for ever (Story of Us Trilogy, #3)
  • Kiss and Tell (Sweetest Kisses #0.5, Highland Holiday #1)
  • Second Chance Hero (Texas Grooms, #6)
  • Conflicting Interests
  • Merry Inkmas
  • Winter Cowboy (Whisper Ridge, Wyoming, #1)
Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

--from the author's website

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads databas

Quarry Road (3 books)
  • All the Secrets We Keep
  • On the Night She Died (Quarry Road, #3)
“If nine planets in this universe can align, why can’t we?” 1 likes
“That was the thing about water under a bridge. It could get caught up in a bunch of debris, or it could sweep everything away, leaving nothing behind; it all depended on the ferocity of the storm.” 0 likes