Start by marking “The Tiger Catcher (End of Forever, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tiger Catcher (End of Forever, #1)

The Tiger Catcher

(End of Forever #1)

The first novel in a beautiful, heartbreaking new trilogy from Paullina Simons, the international bestselling author of Tully and The Bronze Horseman.

Can true love ever die?

Julian lives a charmed life in Los Angeles. Surrounded by friends, he is young, handsome, and runs a successful business. Everything changes after he has a fateful encounter with a mysterious young woma
Published May 28th 2019 by HarperCollins - AU

To ask other readers questions about The Tiger Catcher, please sign up.
Anna Hi Louise, it's out in NZ on 1 May 2019. Available to pre-order now!

Start your review of The Tiger Catcher (End of Forever, #1)
Kylie D
Any book by Paullina Simons is always a guaranteed good read, and The Tiger Catcher was no exception. I wont really go into the plot except to say Julian finds Josephine, loves Josephine, loses Josephine. Then, with the help of a shaman, Julian goes to find Josephine.

A lovely book, full of love, grief and angst, we follow Julian as he staggers through LA and London, and in the end he risks all to find his girl. Beautifully written, Paullina Simons captures Julian and all his emotions intimately.
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, this was completely different than anything else I’ve ever read! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Paullina Simons! I have the Bronze Horseman trilogy on my shelves saved for a someday read. I have longed to read it, so hopefully someday comes soon. I can tell you this: reading The Tiger Catcher definitely made me want to grab them right away.

The Tiger Catcher is edgy. It’s the first in a shiny, new trilogy, which is even more exciting because there’s more of this story to be told!

The Tiger Catcher is billed
Aleasha
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well.

I almost don't know where to start. Considering this author is the author of one of my favourite novels of ALL TIME, i had HIGH hopes. Especially considering this is a trilogy and it was sold as an epic romance. In turn, what i got was a heroine 'Josephine' who was immensely unlikable, vacuous and basically a complete liar? On the flipside, Julian, our 'hero' of the novel was like a lovesick puppy, who dumps all of his friends and commitments when he falls in lust with Josephine. I really
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
#TheTigerCatcher #NetGalley

OMFG thank thank you to the peeps that I WILL LOVE FOREVER for telling me that this was on Netgalley!! I GOT accepted!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) is what got me HOOKED on this AMAZING author. If you have not read it OMG read it!! This series is the best series that has EVER been written!!
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

There'll be another time for you and me.
There'll never be another time for you and me.

In what is a planned trilogy, The Tiger Catcher introduces us to Julian and his love and obsession for Josephine Collins. From the moment he sees her on stage he is captivated and can't believe when he sees her again months later across the country in a book store. Simons'
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5 STARS

This isn't exactly what I was expected but still it was good, I enjoyed most of it!There were so many times in this one that I was frustrated with the characters and I stopped reading it until I was feeling it again.This is an insta love story which sometimes works with me , here it wasn't a big problem.

description

Natalie
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

AMAZING! Pure gold. This book right here is a perfect example why I absolutely adore Paullina Simons She’s my angel. Everything she writes pieces my heart like nothing else. So good, so fantastic, so beautiful.

Best birthday gift ever! And I really do mean that. This woman is freakishly talanted and turns everything she writes into gold.

Update May 2018-
OMG 🤬🤬🤬 how long do we have to wait for this book??!! I will literally wait forever if I have to but come on!!!

How much patience is a fan supposed
Jo Mcculloch
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sorry, but this book left me disappointed. There was a brief moment about halfway through when I had a “oooh, now it’s going to get good” but alas, it then went back to disjointed and quite frankly, boring. I didn’t like any of the characters, and didn’t feel there was much of a love story to begin with. I’m gutted because Paullina is one of my “go-to” authors for escapism romance stories. I won’t be purchasing the remaining two books of the trilogy.
The Tiger Catcher is the first book in the End of Forever trilogy.

This book is divided into three parts. The narrator of this book is Julian (3rd person POV).

The book starts with an intriguing and unusual prologue set some time in the future.

The main characters in this book are best friends Julian and Ashton. And a woman Julian meets named Josephine.

I really wanted an epic romance. And I can see that the author wanted this romance to be amazing. But unfortunately the heroine was very self-center
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com

‘True love never dies’

This is the tagline featured on the front cover of The Tiger Catcher, written by Paullina Simons, best known for her international bestselling novel, The Bronze Horseman. The Tiger Catcher is the first novel in the End of Forever saga and all three books in this series will be released this year. The Tiger Catcher is a novel that delivers a love story like no other, suspended by time, adventure and hope.

Beginning with Julian, a young ma
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
“I should have kissed you.”

OMG!!! That was truly epic!!! I’m a fan of this author for life now. And I haven’t even read ‘The Bronze Horseman’ yet!

If you told me I would love a time travel romance and historical romance, I probably would have laughed. And judging by the wildly diverse reviews of this book, I would also say that theaudiobook is a must! Jeremy Arthur literally brought this fantastic journey to life.

This was am intriguing and mysterious story to me. Julian is a blogger living
Milena
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss

I am a huge Paullina Simons fan and I have been waiting for her next book with impatience and trepidation. I could not wait to read The Tiger Catcher and I was very happy when I received an advanced reader copy from the publisher. I devoured this book! The Tiger Catcher has Paullina's beautiful and unique writing style, complex and interesting characters, and an impossible love story (as to be expected from her books). It also has time travel which I knew about and a reincarnation theme
Amy Lund
Apr 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
When I saw Paullina Simons had a new book out I was really excited because the bronze horseman is one of my favourite. However, as I began reading it I found all of the characters insufferable.

It starts off as a boring romance novel where there is a ~perfect~ and ~quirky~ girl who attracts the attention of a man and they fall in love in the space of 2 pages (I’m not kidding). Even the parts where it was what I think was meant to be suspenseful were boring and predictable.

I was only able to fin
Jessica
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was so looking forward to this book from my favourite author, but have been left disappointed. The characters were very unlikeable, their "love" story unbelieveable, and overall I was actually a little bored. I'll still definitely read the next book, however don't have high hopes...
Patricia
The first 150 pages began to bore me silly, and I almost quite reading! The ending was much better, but I could only give this one a 3. Sorry.
Debbie
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
SissiReads
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yep, the queen is back!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK WITH ALL MY HEART!!! So very different than her other books but so equally epic and amazing. I CANNOT WAIT FOR BOOK2!!! Full review to come closer to publication day!!
Sharondblk
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
So, this book is about a guy (Julian) who meets a woman (Josephine) and they fall in love. (view spoiler) ...more
Kathy
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
So….I just bought this Paullina Simons book purely on the basis of how awesome The Bronze Horseman trilogy is. Did not even read the blurb on the back that was how confident I was! So… I was hugely shocked that this first book in a her new trilogy is soooo different – waay on the other end of the spectrum different – that I was gobsmacked there for a while. So this is a time travel book – didn’t even pick that from looking at the cover. Thankfully I don’t mind a good time travel, and this one is ...more
Theresa Smith
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Paullina Simons is an author whose novels I always enjoy. Each new story from her is unique; she doesn’t seem to write to a formula, which is really rare nowadays, particularly with those big named authors who are backed by big publishers. There’s a certain type of safety in sticking to what works, I suppose, but I crave unique books, stories that are edgy, funny as well as heartbreaking, and in this, Paullina Simons never fails to deliver. In her latest release, The Tiger Catcher, she brings to ...more
Rose
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
It pains me to rate a Paullina Simons book so low, given that she is one of my favourite contemporary authors.

If I had known that this story was a sci-fi, I would not have picked it up. I don't like stories that aren't real-life - that's just me. Perhaps at a later date when my tastes have evolved, I'll finish this book.

There were other things too. The writing was not so good. The characters were shallow, unlikable and unrelatable. The plot was jumpy and confusing. With the setting, I was only
Elli
May 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Paullina Simmons is my favorite author (the bronze horseman, girl in time square, red leaves, 11hours). She’s also had some duds (road to paradise, song in daylight) due to unlikeable characters.

The Tiger Catcher regrettably falls into the second category. Josephine is awful, Julian is irritating and their love story was not even.

Please let the next installment be better.
Jennifer (JC-S)
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
‘“I’m dead, then. Good.” Those were the first words she said to him.’

Meet Julian. He is handsome, young and runs a successful business. And then he meets Josephine. Julian falls head over heels in love with Josephine. His world revolves around her, everything else in his life becomes secondary. But Josephine is a complex and mysterious woman and she has secrets.

Events and secrets separate Julian and Josephine, but he is unable to accept that he is separated from Josephine for ever. He sees Josep
Jenn
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My thoughts are all over the place. Bear with me.

After the epicness of The Bronze Horseman I was expecting something similar. This was not it. Was there emotion? Yeah. Will I read the next books? Most definitely. But I have so many mixed feelings right now, it’s hard to put into words.

The Tiger Catcher seemed light hearted and almost a rom com. If you want this epic story that’ll leave you breathless, then you’ll definitely be surprised.

The main heroine was snarky and at times I wanted to sha
Claire Grant
I’m still unsure if I love this book or hate this book. The first 25% I questioned my ability to continue. The characters annoyed me, the story seemed to be going nowhere. I was confused by how boring this novel was, especially a novel from one of my favourite authors.

What happened after the 25% really shocked me and then the surprises kept rolling.

Paullina Simons is a fantastic author and I’ve read most of her novels. The one thing I dislike about this book is the characters. The two main ch
MichellemyBelle
DNF @ 35%

I am afraid this is where me and this book will part ways. I do not like the heroine. Why is her character so unlikable? Julian the main character is perfect accept for his obsession for her. Now I am being asked to believe the unbelievable for a woman I cannot stomach much more of, from quite early in the read. I am disappointed because, as usual, I am being swept away by this author's captivating writing style.
Kori Sulewski (korireads)
Jun 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, read-2019
Probably 1.5 stars... I’m SO sad by this. The Bronze Horseman is my favorite book so I had really high expectations for this one.

But instead of an epic love story, I got a love found, lost, and found again story between two extremely unlikable characters. I barely could get myself to finish.
AtenRa
That was one strange book 🤔

Let me just put it out there:
The Tiger Catcher is NO Bronze Horseman.
And it shouldn't be. We already have one BH and it was amazing.
This was something else entirely.

Some tropes were the same as in BH - sad, sad, sad, funny and happy interlude that ends in tragedy, sad, sad, sad.
But here is where all similarities with BH end.

Why? Because first and foremost, Josephine was a universally unlikeable character.
She was selfish, manipulative and a liar. She was fully taking ad
Sherryl Caulfield
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lots of stars for the writing and the research and the imagination… but the story and the love and the premise...

How can you have a beautiful, heartbreaking new trilogy without love? I did not see or feel the love. I read about the whir of lust and the wilful blindness of infatuation. Mostly I spent quite a few hours with two characters that did not seem to have many redeemable qualities. What was there to love?

(view spoiler)
Shruti Ramanujam
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book from its publicists in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.

The Tiger Catcher is the story of Julian Cruz loving and losing Josephine Collins. Throw into the mix some meddling friends, mystical happenings, mysterious strangers, and the Prime Meridian, and you have quite an interesting story in your hands.

Time-defying romance takes everyone by storm is one sub-genre that’s right up my alley, but boy, The Tiger
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Paris Secret
  • The Strangers We Know
  • Sheerwater
  • While You Were Reading
  • Suitcase of Dreams (The Girl from Munich #2)
  • Just One Wish
  • The Model Wife
Paullina Simons was born in Leningrad, USSR, in 1963. At the age of ten her family immigrated to the United States. Growing up in Russia Paullina dreamt of someday becoming a writer. Her dream was put on hold as she learned English and overcame the shock of a new culture.

After graduating from university and after various jobs including working as a financial journalist and as a translator Paullin

End of Forever (3 books)
  • A Beggar's Kingdom (End of Forever, #2)
  • Inexpressible Island (End of Forever, #3)

News & Interviews