Start by marking “Resurgence” as Want to Read:
Resurgence

Resurgence

“We each of us have our own private hell... it's humbling to experience someone else’s.”

In the summer of 1913, Mary committed suicide by crashing a plane into her parents’ house.

Her survival kept secret, she is spared a life sentence in an asylum with the opportunity of a job; as a pilot aboard a mysterious airship. On a mission that takes Mary across entire continents,
Published May 28th 2016 by Alizé Press

To ask other readers questions about Resurgence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resurgence

Start your review of Resurgence
Charlie
Jul 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
Resurgence by A.J. Flower

This can't be a standalone. It can't be. I enjoyed this one so much and I need more adventures from Mary. This was such a fun and action-packed read. There was a heavy case of insta-love, but also not really since Mary doubts she's actually in love with the man. Ugh, the ending was so satisfying, but I also need to know more from this world, airships and Mary and Gresham.

I rated it three stars, because there is some heavy editing needed. A lot of grammatical and spelling errors weren't edited
Cristi-Lael
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult

I was sent this book in exchange for an honest review. When I first read the premise and saw the first sentence, I was immediately drawn in. I thought this might be a great thriller with a supernatural twist.
But it isn't. It's more of a spy kind of a book. Maybe something for folks who like James Bond and historical fiction. The book is set in 1913 in England. Mary is the eldest daughter of a respected aristocratic British family, and is therefore expected to act a certain way and
A.R. Hellbender
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was sent to me by Alizé Press in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. It was so hard to put down most of the time.
We start off with this great plot about a high society girl who hates that life because it's so empty, and the story was already so good by that point and only got better from there.

My only real complaints, other than the occasional random detail we didn't need, were that I wished we had seen more of Mary's personality, because she is such an interesting
Jade Wright

I feel I am being generous with a 3 star rating here.
While I feel that this book definitely has potential and the writer IS a good story-teller, this book was extremely raw. It was an actual joke how riddled it was in typos and grammatical errors. The author clearly invested no time or pride in polishing up something that could have actually been pretty good.

Initially, I found this book intriguing and there was
Nadine
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Resurgence follows Mary; a rebellious girl in 1913 who believes her life is destined for more than domestic life. After a disastrous argument with her mother, Mary attempts to crash a plane into her parents’ house. She wakes up in a hospital and is given the choice to accept a secret job opportunity or live the rest of her life in an asylum. Mary is thrown into a world of mysteries and excitement, but she quickly learns that her new life comes at a price: life or death.

Unfortunately, I didn’t
Melissa Jacobson
Actual Rating 3.75

This was a really engaging and fun historical fiction read. I enjoyed all of the characters and the writing was compulsively readable. The only reason this isn't rated higher is because the beginning felt ta tiny bit rushed and the historic aspect of this story felt sparse. The thin historical fiction aspect is the real reason this isn't rated higher, especially seeing as it is set in one of my favorite time periods. So the lack of any really solid historical context bummed me
Camille Dent
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
**3.5**

The story is very interesting, but the writing is extremely unpolished and unedited. I really enjoyed the characters most of the time, but their tropyness can also get irritating. Mary is the outspoken strong female and Gresham is the emotionally walled-in male. Mary constantly interjects her own ideas into conversations of her superiors, which is both admirable and also unbelievable that they never challenge her about it. I LOVE the premise of the story and am impressed with how well it
Katie Lumsden
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
An enjoyable read. This was a little overwritten at times, and lacked the strong 1913 feel I was hoping for - but the plot itself is strong and engaging, and an exciting adventurous premise throughout.
Catherine
So I was lucky to get a signed copy from the Goodreads giveaway contest Thank you very much for it!
........................

I want to say the character Mary was such a, well character. From the first chapter to the last she develops into her own person and I cheered her with every new discovery she made along the way.
The story was pretty interesting too. I was cursing having to go to work rather than find out what was going to happen and how it all came together.
Why the 3-star rating then?
Two
Chris
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well l had to persevere with this book in order to read it to the end. l was very disappointed with it overall, a rather nonsensical boys own adventure story with a woman as its hero.

Most of the reviews are good to glowing but l beg to differ.

l will not be seeking out any more books by this author.
Sophie Payne
2.25 stars. This novel has a great premise and I loved the writing. However the first half was extremely slow and this needs some serious editing. Spelling and grammar mistakes really made it hard to take this novel seriously.
TAMMIE NGUYEN
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
a solid 2.5 read; rtc
Ashley
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Resurgence by A.J. Flower (3.5 stars) — First off I just wanted to say that I received this book in return for an honest review.

I have to say that the premise of this book really hooked me and I was so glad I got the opportunity to read this book. There was a strong female character a cool flying ship and secret government missions. What's not to love, am I right. Also, I had just finished reading The Rook and this book seemed like a book to read after that.

So let me tell a little more about the
MarthaBookDragon
Enjoyable novel set in 1913, with overtones of classic spy adventure. A female protagonist you can warm to as the story jogs along and an intriguing love interest. Recommended.
Daniel Smith
Won in the Goodreads Giveaways - passed to my Mam to read.
Debee Sue
Karen
Laureli Becker
Marissa
Feb 05, 2018
Alan is a writer, blogger and Museum Educator. He was born in York, England and after many ‘character building’ years away from that great medieval city, he returned in 2011 with a beautiful woman, a Steamer Trunk drinks cabinet and an MA in Modern History.

Alan is an intense introvert, enriched by the solitude of imagined worlds and the stories he creates within them. As a child, these worlds were