Start by marking “The Devil's Spare Change (Malone Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Spare Change (Malone Brothers, #2)

The Devil's Spare Change (Malone Brothers #2)

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  158 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
FBI agent Sean Malone’s homecoming is interrupted by two things—a pleasant surprise from his youth and a deranged serial killer.

The little tomboy who’d followed him and his brothers around is now grown up and drop-dead gorgeous, and he finds himself thinking about her in ways he’d never done before.

Whisper, North Carolina, where she’d spent her childhood summers, is the
Published October 15th 2016 by Samantha A. Cole

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Spare Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Spare Change

Linda
Yet again another five star read from Samantha Cole, Ms Cole has yet to dissapoint me, her stories always deliver wonderfully developed characters, sexy times and just enough suspense to keep me on the edge . "The Devil's Spare Change" is the second in Ms Cole's Malone brothers series and these sexy men are just the right mix of alpha male to keep you on your toes!

Our hero Sean Malone, FBI agent, has just returned to Whisper NC to be close to family after spending several years in the Florida o
Thelma
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from Samantha, I don't think i can say this enough .. she always surprise me with each book and what i love about it, is that even if each book connects to the others, the stories are always unique and have amazing twist and turns that you never guess who is the bad guy in her books ...

what can i say about Sean Malone? the youngest Malone found love finally with non other than the beautiful Grace an old childhood friend - love -crush - family friend... (nice of .... spoiler
Stephanie Colman
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second in the Malone Brothers series is a riveting and action packed tale of the crime variety. In this story not only does Sean find his happily ever after but we learn more about the Malone family. Fighting crime never looked this good.
Terry Kemmitz
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Devil's Spare Change

Another great read from one of my favorite authors! Samantha A. Cole's 2nd book in her Malone Brothers is a must read! While Sean is trying to catch a serial killer that is lurking around his home town that he just transferred to, he see Grace again and as they renew their friendship, they fall in love!! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!!
Debbie Hanson
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-review
The Devil’s Spare Change Malone Brothers book 2
Samantha Cole
5 holy crap stars
Author review

Arc received in exchange for an honest review.

Holy freakin hell, where do I start? So it may be said that I am biased, but I love Samantha Cole and her talent for writing never ceases to amaze me. I have read all of Ms Cole’s stories from the very 1st Trident Security book, so when she released the sexy Malone brothers series I knew it would be up there just like those Trident men. The Devil’s Spare Chan
Amy
The Devils Spare Change
Samantha Cole
5 stars

With bloodshot eyes and running on empty teaching 5 year olds thanks to Samantha Cole I still have to give this book 5 stars --- Yup I stayed up all night and yup my husband kept asking me what I was doing – Finally having enough I blinded him with my Iphone light and told him to shut it because there was a serial killer on the loose leaving --- asiowejrnnbiadfhais --- and ---- sodijfaisdgnlkdsghih --- doing soijadfnasdkfn to a few unfortunate --- saoid
Tawnya Ward
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sean is truly trying to take his vacation, I know, that's hard to believe. But he is or at least he was. Crime is a hard mistress, especially when you are an FBI agent.
Sean is called upon to help the local law enforcement out with the new homicide investigation, not only because of him being FBI but because he is a local boy.

Grace moved to town, the same town she would visit while growing up. She decided to move her Physical Therapy practice to town, not only because she would be the only PT pr
Cynthia Tatum reichel
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book for the second in the series. I think this is the best one so far. Sean's story has a lot of twist and turns. Some scary parts at the end. Both the main characters are very strong and you just want them to be together. This book you could read as a stand alone, however at the end Samantha kind of beings KC back into the story. In the end she also starts to put more of a story to the uncle as well. I started reading and could not put down. Samantha is a strong author and her writing ...more
Carolyn
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Malone Brothers Series and I'm loving these brothers! This book is about Sean, who is an FBI Agent. He needs a vacation and goes to the beach house his uncle raised them in after his parents died. Gracie Whitman has just returned to town to open a Physical Therapy business. Sean and Gracie grew up together but she looks nothing like the teen he remembers. Meanwhile in town...there is a serial killer doing really bad things to women. The local leos ask for Sean's he ...more
Julia
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!!

Absolutely loved Grace and Sean! This book is the perfect mix of romance and crime drama, another home run from this amazing author, definitely a must read!!
MARY WILSON
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!!

This is part two of the Malone brothers but can be read as a stand alone. I loved Sean's story!! He is a tough FBI agent with a heart of gold! Grace is a sweet woman who will make you want to be like her! Great story of their relationship!
Debra
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
** Advanced copy was kindly provided by the author, but that has not influenced my review**

Book 2 of a series based on the 3 Malone Brothers.... this book is Sean's story with Gracie Whitman. Another, cute story, and once again I was more caught up in the suspense of the story. I feel that the suspense was even more intense with this one, which I really enjoyed. This book is more of a friend to love story, but once again tame in comparison to Samantha's Trident series, which I'm still okay with,
Liz Ellyn
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book reads like a snowball rolling down a mountain. The pace of the book really picks up after the beginning until there’s no way that you can stop reading. (sorry about the winter reference during fall)

The author’s background in law enforcement brings an exceptional level of authenticity to the killer’s madness. I enjoyed how the profiler added a better understanding to the workings of the character.

The banter between the brothers offered up some comedic relief in contrast to the intensity
Joanne
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series is definitely on my favourites list. Having met the oldest Malone brother in the first book, we now get to meet Sean the youngest brother. Tall, dark and sexy this FBI agent has come home to be near his family and is reunited with a niece of a friend of his uncle Dan. She's all grown up and Sean is rather taken with her. Despite the happy reunion there's a serial killer in their town. This book is full of drama, intrigue and some very steamy love. Now I can't wait for Brian's book.
Shelly Wygant
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am loving the Malone brothers stories.

We meet Sean who has moved back to North Carolina to be closer to family. He is enjoying some time when his vacation is interrupted by a serial killer. The local police ask him to step in. Grace is the girl who grew up being friends with the Malone brothers. She is not longer a little girl and gets Sean's attention. As they renew their friendship and so much more the days and night get more exciting.

Ms. Cole did a wonderful job of keeping my on the edge o
Tina Todd shobe
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FBI agent Sean Malone transferring to a division back home in North Carolina so he can be closer to his family.

Grace Whitman is just moving into town and starting up her own Physical Therapy Center. Growing up she spent her summers with her Aunt there.

Sean is very pleasantly surprised that little Gracie is all grown up. The two get to know each other again.

While Sean is on vacation between job transfers he is asked by the Sheriff to help in a horrific murder. It quickly turns out to be the mark
Julie Barrett
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Devil's Spare Change is the second book in Samantha A. Cole's vanilla series, The Malone Brothers. This is a suspenseful, gripping thriller that skilfully combines a sweet romance with a hunt for a deranged serial killer. The book works well as a standalone, but I'd recommend reading book one first as it is so good! I think this is one of Ms Cole's best books (which is really saying something), it is quite simply outstanding. I really liked how we were given insights into the killers thought ...more
Rebecca Austin
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s, review-author
Sean Malone is a FBI agent and ready for some down time in Whisper, North Carolina when he is asked to assist in a case by the local Sheriff Matt Griffin. As he starts to realize he is after a serial killer he also finds himself in a romance with Grace Whitman.

Grace Whitman has grown up since her years as a tomboy and is the niece of Bonnie, a close friend of Sean's Uncle Dan. When Grace reconnects with Sean she finds herself extremely attracted to him.

As Sean and the rest of the group investiga
Allena
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I received an ARC for an honest review.

FBI agent Sean Malone moves back to his hometown of Whisper. While waiting for his new apartment to be ready and the start of his new job transfer he is asked to assist in a local case by the sheriff. Working along with his brother Brian from the state bureau of investigation the hunt for a serial killer begins.

When Grace Whitman’s parents retire to Arizona she decides to move to Whisper to be near her aunt. Opening her own physical therapy practice has h
Tracy
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy S***!!! This book has literally blown my mind!!! It was spectacular!!! Perfectly written in direction, flow and characters with an absolutely wonderful love growing between Sean and Grace!!!
Sean is the youngest Malone brother and is an FBI agent. On a rest break before starting a new position in Greenville... his life is about to change... forever!!!
Grace is Bonnie's neice and is back in town after 14 years. Growing up around the Malone brothers was an experience in itself... but what will
Literary Epic
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure what to start with this review. I finished the book last night and my heart is still pounding.

Sean and Grace’s story was such a great one but the content in this book was amazing.

Sean has been asked to help out on a case even though he is on vacation, but it’s not just any case, this one is hard core.

The way in which the story unfolded was excellent. No imagination needed, it was all there for you to read. Each word written, every chapter read, you are in that book with them.

Sama
Pam
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Samantha Cole. This is Book 2 of the Malone Brothers & can be read as a stand alone. You miss out on some of the history of you don't read Take the Money & Run but you aren't lost.

Samantha creates such terrific main characters & puts them in life or death situations. The men are strong, tough alpha men that can show sensitive sides when they fall & fall hard. The women are strong & sexy. The plot moved at the perfect pace so that we could see Sean &
2kasmom
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fbi
This is the 2nd book in the Malone Brothers series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading this series in order.

Grace & Sean have known one another most of their lives. Growing up together still never prepares you for that one meeting. The one where you come back after time apart and get blown away by a sexy hot bod.

Sean's move and vacation plans are blown when he is asked to help with a local case of murder. He is more than a
Wendy Hodges
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arc copy for an honest review.
The second book in Samantha A Cole's Malone Brothers Series is outstanding, I loved it. Sean is hot and all man but is also gentle, his family is the most important thing in the world as far as he is concerned. Grace is also gentle and loving, she wants to be back at her roots. This is exciting with lots of suspense, but there is a great group support and friendship in solving the mystery. The mix between crime and romance was just right and not overdone, the violen
Rhonda
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Sean and Gracie have known each other for a long time but lost touch. When he sees her now, he sees what a beautiful woman she has become and Gracie sees Sean though "grown up" eyes. Sean is an FBI agent who is suppose to be on vacation but he becomes involved in a case trying to find a serial killer before he strikes again. Of course, that puts kinks into him trying to romance Gracie. LOL. I loved the way the story flowed. It was very easy to get completely lost in ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just another book that will blow your socks off from this author!! I literally stalk this author just to see when she has a new book coming out. The Trident Security series is amazing so if you haven't read them then you most definitely should. This is a completely separate series with all new characters. Sexy alpha men and kick ass women. While this is technically book 2 you can read them as standalones, however I suggest starting with the first one just because first of all it's amazing and th ...more
Books And
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another Malone brother bites the dust and it is phenomenal. Sean Malone is just taking a short vacation before starting in a new FBI office closer to his family when a blast from his past in the form of Gracie Whitman comes back into his life. She was the pig tailed little tag along during her summers visiting her aunt as a young girl but she is all woman now and the 2 hit it off with nothing but heat. As usual Samantha A Cole writes this series with characters so relatable that you cant help bu ...more
Teresa
5+++ stars. Always happy when a Samantha Cole book is out as I know I'm in for a really good read (always sad when I finish it because I have to wait for the next one). Must say loving the Malone brothers as much as the Trident guys. Sean is an FBI agent whose vacation at Uncle Dan's beach house is disrupted when he is asked to help with the case of a serial killer. Grace is moving near to her Aunt Bonnie and setting up a PT clinic. Sean sees Grace in a new light as the woman she has grown to be ...more
Yvonne Eason
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once again Samantha A Cole does not disappoint.

I loved the first book in the series and thought there was no way she could improve on that book. How wrong was I!

The Devils Spare Change, follows the youngest Malone brother Sean, who is an FBI Agent. He moves back to Whisper and is staying at his uncles cabin by the sea. Along comes Gracie, they had been friends for years but lost touch when they both moved away. Having family that live in the area brings them together at a evening dinner.

Howev
Maria Clark
I love romantic suspense, and Samantha Cole more than delivers. The Malone Brothers are handsome alpha males that love and protect their ladies. Sean has moved home to be closer to his growing family. With a little bit of time before starting his job, Sean is staying at his Uncle's beach house when a gorgeous blonde shows up for dinner. She is no other than little Grace that was a teenager the last time he saw her. She is no teenager anymore but a beautiful woman. Will his family understand his ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Samantha A. Cole is a retired policewoman and former paramedic who is thrilled to add author to her list of exciting careers. She has lived her entire life in the suburbs of New York City and is looking forward to becoming a snow-bird between New York and Florida someday. Her two fur-babies, Jinx and Bella, keep her company and remind their mom to take a break from writing every once in a while to ...more
More about Samantha A. Cole

Malone Brothers (2 books)
  • Take the Money and Run (Malone Brothers #1)