Start by marking “Beyond the Burning Sea (Fate's Crucible, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Burning Sea (Fate's Crucible, #1)

Read Book

Beyond the Burning Sea (Fate's Crucible, #1)

4.67  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
It has been over two hundred and fifty years since the sky fell and the Young Gods died.

On the mainland of Niyah, the city states of Gundlaan strive to form a united nation. On the fringe of their western frontier, there are whispers of a sinister force gathering. The Laegis Templars, the mortal remains of the Young Gods' army, are dispatched to deal with the problem. But
Published September 20th 2016 by Lions of the Empire

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Burning Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Burning Sea

S. Thomas
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book, but I would readily pay. I just finished Beyond the Burning Sea and this epic Fantasy world has me drawn in. Fate’s Crucible is a series that I will keep up on!

Maughrin is the living darkness, a demon dragon who destroyed the first world. The young gods imprisoned her, but they are all dead. The H’kaan are super human beings that carry Maughrin’s torch, but their presence has been scarce since Maughrin’s demise at Ehronfall.

New vocabulary aside, the people of
hardcoretolkienfan
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow !
I have not enjoyed a book this much in a loooong time.
For only the second published work by this author this book was written to a VERY high level of skill.
The story, world settings, and characters are deep and well detailed. The sense of adventure and mystery pulled me right along like only a best selling author of high fantasy could. Why are these guys not on a best sellers list ?
I will put this book up against ANY recent fantasy bestseller in a heartbeat !
When is the next one guys ?
I'm
CJ
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the story and while the start was rocky I came to really care for the characters. I’m REALLY glad book two will be out this year because I need to know MORE THINGS.
Amy
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Before warned, reading this book may ruin other books for you. The word pictures created by these two authors are some of the best I've ever encountered. While avoiding being too verbose, they quickly create a world and characters in which you become completely absorbed. I cannot wait for the next installment.
Matthew Walter
rated it it was ok
May 27, 2017
Todd Schmid
Sep 19, 2016
T.B. Schmid
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mercedes Draffin
Debee Sue
Carol McFarlane
Hillary
May 08, 2017
TB Schmid lives in upstate New York with his family and two Norwegian Elk Hounds. He and author R.Wade Hodges are currently collaborating on a gritty, epic fantasy series entitled "Fate's Crucible". Book 1 of the series, "Beyond the Burning Sea", was released on 9/20/16, and Book 2, "Between the Darkness and Dust" was released 2/28/18. "Feral" was his first published work.

Lions of the Empire is an
More about T.B. Schmid
“Maynard, what have you been doing with yourself?" Odegar Taumber asked as the slow moving librarian shuffled from the stairwell to the main floor. Casselle caught sight of Temos and Raabel and motioned for Jaksen to deposit the books on a nearby and conveniently clean table. He did so and the squadmates reunited, just out of earshot of the Captain.
"I see you two found him," Raabel said. "We've been back for some time. I guess he's as slow as he looks?"
"Casselle found him," Jaksen replied. "And he's both slow and rude. I'm sure he's important enough, but seems like he was in no real danger to begin with."
"I took a look out of the windows while we were searching for him," Temos said. "It doesn't look like it's calmed down much out there. I'd hate to think of trying to move him through an angry crowd. He doesn't look nimble enough to sneak by, either."
"If we weren't in this damned armor, I'd just carry him," Raabel said. Coming from someone else, it might have been considered a boast, but Raabel usually didn't say things he wasn't sure he was capable of doing. Casselle pictured the old man wailing in protest, thrown over Raabel's shoulder and being forced to bounce along like a sack of potatoes. Raabel was right about the armor, though: it was clumsy and ill-fitting. It was obvious that it had not been altered for them, and none more obvious than on Casselle. Her broad shoulders were a boon, but even bound, her breasts had proved problematic to find a properly sized chestplate from a stockpile that had been made exclusively for men. They had settled on a piece that was just slightly too large, having previously been worn by a heavyset Templar from a time before.
In thinking of it, she pondered Maynard's earlier words.
"He called me a boy," she said. "A fat young boy."
Her squadmates took a step back, shocked.
"And you did not correct him?" Raabel asked.
"Or worse?" Jaksen asked.
"To be fair," Temos said after a moment, "he is very old. It is entirely possible he has lost his will to live.”
0 likes