Start by marking “Ghost Dance (Time Dance #1)” as Want to Read:
Ghost Dance (Time Dance #1)

Ghost Dance

(Time Dance #1)

James River Falls, 1656

Daniel is the orphaned son of a Powhatan warrior, born in seventeenth century Jamestown. When he is injured in the Battle of Bloody Run and left for dead, he wakes in the care of a young woman named Emmy. As she nurses him back to health, he soon realizes that she is from another time - and that she is the Time Walker his enemies have been searching
Published October 31st 2016 by Blue Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Dance

Heather J.
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
You're kidding me?

Decent story. Could have been a bit more fleshed out. If you knew your were to travel back in time.... Why would you have a zipper on a dress or cotton socks instead of wool to keep warm? Starts with a Bang and you spend entire book reading how main character needs to get to a place to fix fate? Then... You get to ending and it just abruptly stops! You don't know! My gut reaction was to exclaim out loud "what a dumb book!".
Jann
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really entertaining tale of time travel - in this case, a modern-day woman and her brother, who are destined to return to the James River area of the American colonies, to fulfil a duty their mother and father have escaped for their own personal reasons.

Emmy has always known that this was her duty and even though her mother trained her in the various survival skills she would need at that time when she is separated from her brother Connor, she finds herself making dangerous errors. Daniel, a
Symone
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it

This was an was easy 4 stars and I have book 2 waiting already to go.

I do enjoy the modern girl time-travelling romance. I like the clash of cultures and the conflict and assimilation.

The twist in this book that I really liked was that the time travel wasn't sudden and unexpected but predestined. Emmy was able too in modern times train and prepare for her time travelled life. It made her smarter then the girls in other time travel romances, she was able to hunt and survive without all the modern
Sandy
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Odd

I am normally a big fan of time travel stories and this one, set in seventeenth century America seemed intriguing. However the story was very disjointed. The heroine knew she had to go back in time to fix something but it was never clear what had happened or if she knew what to fix. I thought there might have been a predecessor book that explained things since the book felt as though you were coming in the middle of the story not the beginning g of the series
Diane Call
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!

Great love story! Fantastic premise for time travel. I am still in the edge of my seat, wanting to know what happens next. I read this in one sitting (minus bathroom breaks and kid interruptions) and am promptly buying the next book. Fine, I'll make dinner first.

Only about a dozen swear words (mostly the Lord's name) and brief sexual scenes (a couple of sentences to a couple of paragraphs) easily skimmed over.
Jane Balke Andersen
Did not finish. I kept pushing on. I read 60% of it and that was hard going.

I’m not a huge fan of romance novels, but I do like history and time travel. Alas there’s too much romance and not enough history or time travel in this for me.

I found our main female character Emmy a bit wimpy and the romance a bit fast. I get sick of the insta-soul mate, possessed-by-each-other to the ends-of-time annoying and clichéd. I feel like I have read stories like this before and they were better.

Barbara Vasconcellos
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic

Didn't know what the book was about when I ordered it, but I fell in love with it.The story line is an excellect twist of time, many of us have felt like we've been in the same spot before in a different time, this book allows us to think outside that box, about our past and our future. I can't wait to read the rest of these books.
Leola
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing

A well written love story with lots of drama and suspense. Emmy and Daniel - drawn together through time. How could someone in 2014 find common ground with someone in the 1600's?
Kathy
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emmy is a time walker and she travels back in time to fulfill her destiny. Daniel has known she would be coming for most of his life because he read the book of life. However he has just promised to hand her over to the enemy not realizing that she is his time walker.
Pat Raab
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Time travellers from the 21st century involved in the lives of the Indians battling the encroaching settlers in the mid 1600's. Decisions to be made, suffering to endure, and death to be overcome. Tugs at the heartstrings.
Anne Rollin
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read in this continuing series..
Jeanine
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Drawn Out

This book is long and drawn out. Not much action . The romance was mechanical. I found it a waste of time.
Brian Doyle
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
An entertaining novel with a strong female heroine plus a dash of history
Tammy
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
A time travel romance that leads a modern era lady back to 1656 Virginia. A lot of allusions without enough answers.
Carrie Waeldin
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Nicely written and a pleasure to read.
Tye H
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book. There was so much to the story that kept me interested from beginning to end. I would definitely recommend this book to family and friends.
Kayla
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
pretty good
Cheryl Bryant
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read. Ready to read the sequel.

E.B. weaves s great fantasy along with bits of history.
I'm ready to read the other Time Walker books. ...

Darold
Ridiculously abrupt ending then the sequel isn't out even though it's past the release date.
Deborah
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
It was interesting historically, but didn't have a lot of punch for me. I enjoyed it, but not enough to highly recommend it to others.
DB
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Only Time Will Tell!

This is the first book from Time Walkers that I have read. At first I was really confused but it became clearer as I continued to read.

In this Time Walkers extension book you have Emmy, who has grown up in one time being taught that she is actually to return to a past time. You also have Daniel who is in the past and that we find has done what he wasn’t supposed to and read what lay ahead for him in history. It is his family's job to secure this most precious history book as
Tina Bailey
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

I love all of E.B.'s books and this is no different. It is a great continuation of the Time Walkers series, and I can not wait for the next one!
Diana
Jul 13, 2017
Samantha
Sep 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• West (History Interrupted #1)
  • Behind the Plaid (Highland Bound, #1)
  • The Show  (Northwest Passage, #3)
  • Gladly Beyond (Brothers Maledetti #1)
  • The Lord of the Clans
  • The Tithe
  • It Must've Been the Mistletoe
  • Timeless Hearts (Timeless Hearts, #0.5)
  • The Truth About Fragile Things
  • Crossroads (Rhuna, #2)
  • At His Hand (​The Pirate and the Feisty Maid, #1)
  • A Year to Remember
  • Beyond The Mask (The Beyond, #1)
  • Downstream - Episode 1
  • Retaliation (The Assassins #1)
  • Bauldr's Tears: A Retelling of Loki's Fate
  • The Man That Time Forgot
  • Whatever Gods May Be
E.B. Brown enjoys researching history and genealogy and uses her findings to cultivate new ideas for her writing. She lives in Maple Shade, New Jersey and is a proud graduate of Drexel University. Her debut novel, The Legend of the Bloodstone (Time Walkers #1), was a Quarter-finalist in the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest. An excerpt from another Time Walkers novel, A Tale of Oak and ...more

Time Dance (4 books)
  • Season of Exile (Time Dance #2)
  • Through the Valley (Time Dance #3)
  • Song of Sunrise (Time Dance #4)