Start by marking “Gravity” as Want to Read:
Gravity

Gravity

(The Gravity Series #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  247 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
They are calling it the End of Days. The world is plunging into darkness, the days growing shorter and the nights longer. Meteor showers are falling to the earth and there are some who would take advantage of the growing darkness.

For sixteen-year-old Bronte Bell, her problems are closer to home. Since her birthday she's become weaker, her bones breaking, her hair falling o
Published October 31st 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Gravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravity

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.75 Stars *****

As darkness grows, the fate of the world depends on Bron. She has been protected and watched over since she was born. Unfortunately, she's sick and ill. Something is missing, and she won't be able to do any saving until she unlocks her powers.

But time's up. She needs to join the war.

Nick has been one of the stars guarding her. His connection to Bron is strong and unbreakable. He'd do anything for her. There are so many questions surrounding Bron, and he tries to help her
Siobhan
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This year I’ve found myself becoming somewhat of an Anna Bloom fan. The Truth About Love series was wonderful, one I found myself devouring. The Game was even more amazing, providing an addictive read I needed to complete in a single sitting. Other Anna Bloom books are sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read, namely the Love and Loss books. One that always stood out to me, however, was the Gravity series.

Anna Bloom is best known for her contemporary romance, and I was intrigued to see how her fo
L.A. Cotton
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was privileged enough to beta read Gravity - my first foray into work by Anna Bloom - and I instantly fell in love with Bronte Bell and the mysterious Nick.

Gravity captures that time in life where everything is a big deal... first kisses, first love, friendships, and fall outs. Bronte is scared and unsure of things happening to her, around her, but she's also strong and determined, and I really liked that. I found her easy to relate to and wanted to take the journey with her ... although Nick
Michaela Bishop
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*~* I received an arc in return for an honest and unbiased review*~*

Let me start by saying Anna Bloom is one very talented lady. I've read most of her work and I'm yet to be left disappointed. I love her writing style. Her story lines and the depth of her characters.

I've not read a lot of paranormal books and I've only read 1 that really had me but I can honestly say THIS right here has just turned me because Holy hell! That was was one of the most amazingly written, nail biting reads I've ever
Love, Holly Xx
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You guys!!! Anna Bloom is one of my favourite authors, and when she decided to branch out and write paranormal romance under a slightly altered pen-name (so people wouldn't confuse it with her contemporary books), I was all for it. I don't read that much PNR these days, but I've always enjoyed it, and I couldn't wait to dive into Gravity.

As with all of this authors books, I just couldn't get enough. I wanted to savour every bit of information given, and also, at the same time, I wanted to be abl
Crystal Wilke
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed and Arc of this book.

Gravity is an absorbing read. OMG I couldn't put it down, the details were fascinating. I'm not big into reading paranormal stories but I love Anna's work and had to give it a go, I'm so glad I did. Gravity is like no other paranormal story I have read. It kept me intrigued and the storyline flowed so well. Gravity keeps you guessing and will leave you wanting more. Thank you Anna for a spectacular read.
Charlotte
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Gravity ( Book #1 )
By A.B.Bloom.

3.5 Falling Stars.

Review in short, for those of you who don't spend time reading reviews. Very slow to begin with. But it does get better. And once you reach book two you'll be hooked. Can I just say book 3 is excellent! So keep reading!!! ;-)

Gravity I am actually finding it difficult to pop my review into words. I have had a few books recently that have resulted in me struggling to review them.

Okay here goes...

The storyline of Gravity is excellent. It's away
Gayle Noble
This was a slightly different take on the usual YA apocalyptic/sci-fi genre and I thought it worked well. Good world-building, interesting characters - I enjoyed reading it and I am looking forward to reading the next books.

I received a free ebook from the author and I am voluntarily giving an honest review.
Tim Gordon
The Mile High Summary

The same thought kept coming to my head while I was reading this book, in the voice of Tim Gunn:

Stars are real, people!

(It was actually in Baileywick’s voice since I have a 5 year old daughter, but same thing.)

Oh, wait, no, I added an extra comma there to make it work in Gunn’s voice. It really should be:

Stars are real people.

Yeah. There’s my summary. Since vampires and werewolves and aliens and robots and superheroes and zombies and Godzilla and Gamera and Gamora every othe
★º°❧Willow's Corner❧°º★
º°✩ARC provided by author for an honest review✩º°∘

☆Title: Gravity
☆Series: Standalone
☆Author: A.B Bloom
☆Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
☆Format: E-copy
☆Published: 31 October 2016
☆Rating: 5 ✩'s

♡I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book! ♡ This book literally kept me awake at night wondering what happens next. I found myself looking up at the stars and thinking what if it was real, how cool would it be.

How cool would it be if you woke up one morning and you are a star, or in the case of Bronte Bell a
Jardine Clark
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First young adult paranormal read about Stars for me and I Absolutely loved it. Wasn't to sure what I was going to be getting when reading the blurb but from the beginning it had me intrigued to find out more so carried on the read and it was getting weird wasn't to sure if it was me but steamed through then gradually comes together which by then you get answers you were looking for to understand the situation Bronte is thrust in. Cannot wait to read book two.
Kat
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars rounded down
Katie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Susanna
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, captivating YA read

I've started many YA books and not finished them because the teen angst and immature romance was beyond grating and unrelatable, but Gravity was a story I wanted to read and find out what happened with the characters and the world - to the extent that I purchased the two following books immediately after finishing. There was little angst (maybe that's an American YA feature?), and the affection felt natural and almost never creepy.
Bronte was in many parts an original
Mommaleena
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love or Life

I really hope GRAVITY turns into a series! This is my first A.B. Bloom book, and I enjoyed reading it. Her writing style is awesome, the way she's built each character throughout the storyline is spectacularly done. I canNOT wait to read more.
Bronte was a normal teenage girl, that is until her 16th birthday when an extreme amount of health issues arrive, yet the doctors have yet to figure out what is actually going on! We follow her through her days with her best friend Lauren at s
Amanda
Sep 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
I only read this because I had nothing else to read. Boy, was it awful! First of all, the over abundance of typos was terrible. Seriously, get an editor. If you have one already, fire him! Second, I felt like she ripped out aspects of several popular YA series and tried to mess them all together. It didn-t work. And third, LEARN SOME SCIENCE!!! The sun and stars are not opposing entities; THE SUN IS A STAR. And what's the crap about stars getting their power/energy from moon beams?!? Do you know ...more
Konny
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gravity by Anna Bloom is the first book in the Gravity Series, a Young Adult Series.
Bronte Bell has problems. Shes a 16 year old highschool student and her body gets weaker and weaker. And then she starts to see a mysterious boy, who nobody else can see. Is she crazy? Maybe, maybe not.
Bronto doesnt know what happens anymore. She discovers she has new strong energies.
I really, really loved the start of this series. I read Gravity in one sitting, I couldnt put it down.
The story is great, I love th
Ann Walker
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is just absolutely wonderful! It is such a beautiful story and I didn't want to put it down. It is written in such a way that you flow through the story like you are flying gracefully through a star lit sky. I adore all the characters but especially Nick and Bronte who meet in such unusual circumstances. I'm so excited that I can go straight in to the next book as I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Rachael Roby
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read a lot of ya paranormal and this is not a concept I have come across before none the less it was a captivating read.
You can connect with the main characters and follow their journey through the unknown discovering it along with them.
There are many twists and turns that keep you guessing throughout all the way to the end of the 3rd book.
Fabulous read recommended for any paranormal addicts wanting a new concept
Kathy
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recieved a copy of Gravity by the Author for an Honest review.

Now this was kinda a werid paranormal book. It caught my interest but some of it didnt fit. Like the whole coffee thing? Why drink it if it bothers you? but yet, you have a cup a page later.werid... but anywho's the writing was good and the story was good.
It did remind me of so many other YA books I have read in the past.
All and all a good book.

Country Gals Book Blog
A.B. Shepherd
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, to the point that it may have warranted 5 stars were it not for the fact that this is part of a serial, NOT a series. Although I have read all 3 books now not one of them could stand alone - each of the first two end abruptly with zero resolution of even a minor plot.

The first two books were good, the third was written in a more confusing manner and was just not as enjoyable though it does have a fully resolved ending.
Joanie Lawrence
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have never read a book in this genre before so I thought I would give it a try. And I actually surprised myself and really liked it. At first I had a little trouble following the storyline because I am not used to reading this kind of book but once I really started reading it. It wasn't hard at all. It kept my interest very well. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Annette
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Good premise but wordy for the storyline. This stopped right in the middle of the book. I couldn't even call it a cliffhanger, I felt like it was an abrupt stop to the story. I can't help but feel like the author was just drawing this into a longer series when it could have fit better in one of two books. Disappointing and I'm not going to play the game and buy the rest of the books.
Jennifer Redmile
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just brilliant!
What an amazing story. I read this book in one sitting, riveted from start to finish. Anna Bloom has done an all round brilliant job, from the detailed and fully developed characters, to the intricately woven plot. This book was a pleasure to read, and I started reading the next book as soon as I was finished. Gravity is a MUST READ for fans of paranormal romance!
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome YA fantasy story. It is a pretty clean read and excellent for young and old alike. Gravity is very well written and easy to follow. The characters, for me, we're pretty likable. I loved hearing what Bronte really thought and felt while reading what she was thinking in her head. The story was very interesting and original. Some of it was a bit predictable, but the twists that were in the story made up for it. This book does have a cliffhanger so if you hate those you should pro ...more
Thi
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually don't read this type of genre but I thought I would give it a try since it was in a review group. I was surprised how much I liked it. Glad I was pushed out of my comfort zone to read something different. If not I would have missed a really good book.
Tracy
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one. Totally different from anything I have ever read and I consider paranormal romance to be my genre. Loved the twists and turns at the end. Definetly looking for the next one already!
Jeanne
Oct 04, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First installment

Although the writer is a good story teller he gets pretty weird. The thing that rates this as a one star is that it has no ending to the story. This is the first installment and that is not clear when you purchase the book. I find that incredibly dishonest.
Stephanie
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast, fun read

It was a predictable-ish read towards the middle but I enjoyed the descriptions of the characters and how fun they were to read. Its a good book to turn your brain off for.
Helen Simpson
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A FANTASTIC READ WITH A GREAT NEW AND UNIQUE CONCEPT TO THE STORYLINE. THE STORY HAD ,E GRIPPED FROM THE BEGINNING AND HAS ME REACHING FOR BOOK 2. HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE TO READ.

The Gravity Series (3 books)
  • Velocity (The Gravity Series, #2)
  • Infinity