Start by marking “In a Manhattan Minute” as Want to Read:
In a Manhattan Minute

In a Manhattan Minute

It’s the most wonderful time of the year… but when the temperature dips, can Manhattan work its magic?

Jack exists in a world that has seen its fair share of tragedy, but also success and the wealth that comes with it. One snowy night, he crosses paths with Evie, a homeless girl, and it changes everything.

Three years on, Evie’s life is very different. She’s the assist
Published October 20th 2016 by Fabrian Books

To ask other readers questions about In a Manhattan Minute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In a Manhattan Minute

Start your review of In a Manhattan Minute
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've got a friend who has been telling (possibly demanding!) that I read a book by Helen Rolfe for months, she wasn't bothered which one but I was under instructions to read something by this author. Now clearly I had no problem with this plan, and have in fact bought a few books that are currently unread (but for how much longer I'm not sure).

So when I saw this Christmassy looking book by her, I just couldn't resist giving it a go, and I'm so glad I listened to my friend. What an impressive bo
Suze Lavender
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Evie went through a difficult time and she met Nicole at the exact right moment. Nicole helped Evie to get her life back on track, but this cost her dearly. Evie now has everything she ever wanted, but the happiness she feels is about to be spoiled by her past. Will there be a chance for Evie to have a normal fulfilling life and what will the people she loves say when they find out about her past?

Jack was devastated when his father fired his housekeeper Nicole. Nicole was like a mother to him. J
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

When I started the book I genuinely thought that it would be light, fluffy and full of Christmas antics. Yes, I got all of that from the cover! However, it didn’t take me long to realise that it would be anything BUT fluffy.
Evie is a homeless girl. A homeless girl with a past and bucket loads of stigma attached to her due to her lifestyle. Homeless. She wants to turn her life around and actually live without worrying wh
Alison
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I have always devoured Helen's books with a tremendous feeling of satisfaction so I was beyond honoured to be one of the first people to get an ARC of her new book, In a Manhattan Minute.

Add to this my well known adoration of New York, having a story set in Manhattan with a hint of Christmas included filled me with excitement and I couldn't wait to read it.

Beginning at Thanksgiving, anyone who knows the ritual of this holiday will be drawn in immediately. This is a tale focusing on several chara
Donna clease
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lovely festive read.

Two of my favourite things; New York and Christmas, combined into a lovely story. Ok, I read it in the height of summer but it didn't stop me getting a cosy feeling thinking of scarves, hot drinks and warm fires.
The story was well written and had plenty of twists and connections that, although I did expect at some points, still left me grasping a little as I read them!
I don't like to give too much away, so I won't.
If you like Christmas feel good stories, you will love this o
Eugenia
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Susanne Baker
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Helen writes such beautiful contemporary fiction filled with intrigue and characters that you really take to your heart, and this gorgeous book was no exception. So many twists and unexpected turns, it became compulsive reading! Set in the fabulous backdrop of Manhattan, and with some lovely characters, whose warmth and friendship made this book really come alive. I’m never disappointed with her books ❤️
Angie Hackett
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting

This was an interesting read.

The characters were three dimensional and the New York backdrop was fantastic. The book and plot were well written.

It felt a little slow in places and had a bit of a fast end. Otherwise this was a good read.
Anitajt
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just loved this book, started last night and fished it today! The story was intriguing and I felt pulled in and involved from the beginning. The characters were strong and believable. It involved a few strong themes which were handled well and even made me think twice. A real treat.
Rachael

Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous book x
Mary
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This story is not terrible, but I did get bored and distracted at many points.
Leslie
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible-escape
I almost stopped listening after bit. I am so glad I didn't. This is a lovely story about damaged and very sad people who manage to find their own humanity, themselves and ultimately love.
Nikki
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Lots of twists and turns.
Jillian
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good read

I really enjoyed this book and found it easy reading. It's the type of book that is my reading of choice in between crime thrillers, which are my other regular reading books. It is well written without any of the annoying word repetitions that occur in some books or proof reading errors that surprisingly creep into some of the books I read.

If you are looking for a light hearted easy read or holiday book then this is the book for you. The plot is interesting and well written and I woul
Ann Cooper
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. More twists and turns than a rollercoaster! Just when I thought I'd worked out the history - I was proved wrong, time and again! Lovely romance and well thought out plot.
Luccia Gray
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet Christmas Story

Sweet Christmas story set in Manhattan. Rich and homeless New Yorkers interact in this seasonal familiy drama with a happy ending.
Ruth Loizides
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
A fairly interesting story with twists
Jules Billett
Mr. Alan Hilton
Jan 06, 2020
cindy lovatt
Apr 26, 2020

• Christmas Promises at the Garland Street Markets (New York Ever After #5)
  • Making Wishes at Bay View (Welcome To Whitsborough Bay #1)
  • The Little Village of New Starts
  • Finding Hope at Lighthouse Cove
  • The Cornish Confetti Agency
  • Autumn Skies Over Ruby Falls
  • New Beginnings at Seaside Blooms
  • Bear With Me (Whitsborough Bay, #4)
  • Summer Weddings at Pretty Beach: An utterly delightful, cosy, feel good romantic comedy book - the perfect Summer beach read.
  • The Village Shop for Lonely Hearts (Riverside Lane, #1)
  • The Summer Island Swap
  • Christmas at Carly's Cupcakes (Whitsborough Bay, #6)
  • Coming Home To Seashell Cottage
  • Charlee and the Chocolate Shop (Whitsborough Bay, #5)
  • Summer at my Sister's: A delightfully uplifting and heart-warming, summer romance
  • The Cosy Castle on the Loch: Spring (Book 1): A funny, sweet romcom set in the beautiful Highlands
  • Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 9)
  • The Boat House Pretty Beach: A cosy, feel-good, uplifting romantic read to escape with this summer - life, love, friendships and a new start in an old house by the sea.
Helen J Rolfe writes romantic fiction and contemporary women's fiction and enjoys weaving stories about family, friendship, secrets, and community.

Never miss a release date! Sign up for the newsletter to get new book alerts: www.helenjrolfe.com/newsletter

Location is a big part of the adventure in Helen's books and she enjoys setting stories in different cities and countries where she thinks her re

News & Interviews