Jump to ratings and reviews
The only heart he wants is the one he already broke...

He's Landon Rhodes.
The Renegade they call Nova.
Sinfully gorgeous, broody, tatted-up, professional snowboarder.
Four-time X Games medalist—
Full-time heartbreaker.

They say a girl broke him once—
That's why he's so reckless, so driven, so careless with his conquests.
But I'm that girl.
They can call me his curse all they want.
He and I both know the truth—
He's the one who destroyed me,
And I'm not the sucker who will let that happen again.

***NOVA can be read as a standalone***

First published February 20, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rebecca Yarros

37 books5,992 followers
Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and coffee addict. She is the Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels, including The Last Letter and The Things We Leave Unfinished. She’s also the recipient of the Colorado Romance Writer’s Award of Excellence for Eyes Turned Skyward. Rebecca loves military heroes and has been blissfully married to hers for over twenty years. A mother of six, she is currently surviving the teenage years with all four of her hockey-playing sons.

Want to know about Rebecca’s next release? Check her out online at www.rebeccayarros.com.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
124 (4%)
1 star
30 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 333 reviews
Profile Image for Karen Mc .
910 reviews724 followers
February 21, 2017

People who are meant to be together find their way back. They may take a few detours, but they’re never lost.

I LOVE SECOND-CHANCE ROMANCES SOOO MUCH! These love stories are my absolute favorites!!! Soul mates who have always loved each other are granted a do-over…another chance. There is no greater love like second-chance love, this special love that finds its way back to two broken souls, this special love that summons the soul…MY SOUL. Second-chance romances speak to my soul like no other love story, and oh did Nova by Rebeca Yarros speak to mine. Nova, the spellbinding and spine-tingling second-chance romance, was my heart…my soul…MY KRYPTONITE.

This heart-pounding and heartwarming romance claimed my heart from the start. My heart caught fire, a slow burn seeping into my soul, as Nova bled into me…becoming me. My emotions were amplified as I was ON EDGE, entangled around every part of Nova as this soul-searing story embedded itself into every part of me. A fusion of hope, heartbreak, and happiness swirled around in my head like a tsunami waiting to collide. My feels flooded all over this book…ALL OVER ME.

These characters claimed me, captivated me, and catapulted me into their lives. I lived this dare-devil adventure through these compelling characters…through Nova. I wanted to free-fall off a cliff into the sea, climb the tallest mountains, and float away with The Renegades crew…with Nova.

Landon ‘Nova’ Rhodes with his dark blond hair, green-blue-hazel eyes, ink, and body of a Greek God is fast and furious, a dare devil who snowboards like he owns the mountains. This professional snowboarder collect X Games medals like they are candy, and oh is he melt-worthy! Landon may be Casonova to the women who he conquers like those tall mountains, but only one woman has conquered his heart, and will forever hold his heart in her hands: Rachel.

Rachel Dawson, beautiful and petite with dark hair and dark eyes, gave her heart away to who she thought was the love of her life, until he shattered it to smithereens and never looked back. Landon Rhodes, oh how she wished she could get the supernova out of her head and heart. When Rachel lands on the ship where The Renegades, the X-Games competitors, are filming, Landon is more determined than ever to reclaim the woman who has always been his.

Does she still hate me? I hope so. I deserved it. Lord knew I hated myself enough for the both of us. The problem with love was that once it was gone, there was no filing that hole, no substitute for that euphoria.

These words broke me…so hopeless and heartbreaking.

“You’re like a supernova – an explosion so bright no one can see past you.”

Now he was Casanova…and no longer mine.

I felt Rachel’s pain through the pages, oh was it heart-wrenching.

She could try to ignore me all she wanted, but somewhere under all that hatred and ice, she was still my Rachel….I just had to find a way to break through to her.

From beginning to end, oh did Landon POSSESS ME!!! This amazing alpha made me swoon and smolder. This man is pure perfection. Nova is PURE PERFECTION. I was owned by Landon. I WAS OWNED by Nova.

“You win this round. But I’ll win the war.”

My feels were at war, emotions rearing up to battle, as they threatened to explode…all over this soulful story…all over me.

“That Rachel – the silly eighteen-year-old you said was your infinity – you killed her.”

Those heart-wrenching words hit my heart hard, a sword to my chest, as I felt the hurt everywhere.

“I loved you. I broke myself…You and I are inevitable, no matter who we hurt – even if it’s each other.”

I broke as I bled for both the hero and the heroine. Two broken souls who should be one. I had to catch my tears as I willed them not to fall. Tears that teased the dam of waterworks waiting to burst from the words that clutched my soul, extracting every emotion. Beckoning me. Binding me. Becoming me.

“Rachel, don’t look at me like that.”

“Like what?”

“Like you used to.”

Swoon collided with soreness, hurt fused with hope. The pain turned into promise as I melted all over pages, warmth seeping into my heart that was bleeding. Words of sweetness and nostalgia kissed me where I felt butterflies dancing in my belly, a feeling of hope, happiness, and freedom fused with love.

His mouth find mine, and I was home.

“It didn’t mean anything. The kiss.”

“Maybe to you.”

“To you?”

“Everything.”

My heart was hit so hard, it spun right into my soul. These words SHOOK MY SOUL!!!

Rachel and Landon are each other's air. Each other's heart. Each other’s hope. Each other’s salvation. Rachel is almost ready to take that leap again, no longer caring if she falls for she knows that Landon will catch her and keep her this time.

In seconds she had rebuilt her walls that had taken me months to break down, and once again it was me who sliced her to the quick.

The painful past brings smoke, which causes Rachel and Landon to veer off course, possibly sending them into a collision where their rekindled love may crash and burn. Oh how these two broken hearts needed to be whole…one again.

“You’re it. You’ve always been it.”

This line is EVERYTHING!!!

This explosive, emotional, and epic second-chance love story is EVERYTHING!!! I was ENRAPTURED with Nova This story held my heart in its hands from the start…hijacking it…hijacking me. I LOVED NOVA SO MUCH!!!

Nova is devastatingly beautiful and perfectly poignant, an explosion of emotions that penetrate the heart and soul. Oh did Nova a penetrate me EVERYWHERE! I was a prisoner to these passionate pages that pounded that passion straight through me. I was broken. I was breathless. I was branded. I became everything Nova.

This spellbinding and spine-tingling story surged through me like lightning where its touch was felt everywhere. OH THE FEELS!!! My feels were free-falling through this story. I felt every word I read in Nova where I rode this roller coaster of a romance, the adrenaline and angst coursing through me like a rush of wind…fast and furiously. I FELT EVERYTHING.

Nova is not simply a broken and beautiful romance; it’s a story about LIFE AND LIVING. It’s about taking that LEAP OF FAITH...LIVING FOR THE MOMENT...LIVING LIFE NOW. Rebecca Yarros is one of my favorite authors because you can feel her emotions through her wondrous words. EVERY WORD MATTERS that Rebecca Yarros writes: magical, meaningful, sweet, spirited, and soulful…just like her.

Every day is a new beginning. A chance to love. A chance to live. A chance to dream. A chance to do! We live through our actions. We live through our memories. Sometimes we live through stories. I lived and loved through Nova where I went on the emotional adventure of a lifetime—one of hope, heartbreak, and happiness. Nova, this beautiful and broken love story, will stay with me…to infinity and beyond.

★★★★★★ infinity and beyond stars

Web: http://www.bookaliciousbabes.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bookaliciousb...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bookaliciousbb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bookaliciousbb
Profile Image for Sabrina.
3,088 reviews1,891 followers
July 17, 2017
Currently on sale!

3.5 Stars
Nova takes place after Rachel boards the cruise ship that the Renegades are currently controlling for their film. After finding out that her ex, and the man who destroyed her heart, is on board with his friends she wants to jump ship and swim a way from her problems. But seeing as that isn't an option she chooses to suck it up and just do her best to avoid Landon. Too bad he has way different idea's when he learns that Rachel is on the ship and that he may finally have his shot at getting her back.

I really enjoyed that Rachel made Landon work for her forgiveness and that she didn't just hand it to him. It made the story really interesting since we got to see Landon chase her. I do wish it didn't go on as long as it did, though, since it made the story drag a little. There were a few times that I was just hoping that she would just forgive him already or push him away for good since they went back and forth a few too many times for my liking.

Once we got over that hump of slowness the story really picked up and I loved seeing these characters together. They were both great characters and it was fun to see how they could match each others crazy. Landon was amazing and I honestly thought it was so swoon worthy how he refused to give up on Rachel again.

Bottom line, I would recommend this book for anyone that likes a second chance story. It can easily be read as a standalone but I would also recommend Wilder because of how much I liked that story also.
Nova playlist:
Trigger - Deaf Havana
Heavy Metal Heart - Sky Ferreira
Jungle - X Ambassador
No Good - Kaleo
Landslide - Oh Wonder
Shape of You - Ed Sheeran
You're Mine - Phantogram
Profile Image for JewelsyGoolsy.
564 reviews93 followers
April 28, 2017
4.5 -I did it all for the grovel- Stars

My name is Jewelsy and I'm a grovel & chase addict. It's no secret. Some people get off on alpha gazillionaires, some people get off on kinky BDSM or threesomes, and Jewelsy gets herself off on masochistic grovellers who don't know when to give up.
description

This story started off sooooo good and stayed that way, up until the last 15% where it wasn't all bad, but kinda just plateaued for me (hence my 0.5 star drop). I still got to get my grovel & chase fix (because the H damn-well deserved it IMO) and boy did Nova give good chase!! Unfortunately, my grovel bar is set pretty damn high and although poor Landon/Nova grovelled like a champ, in my head, he was competing with the likes of Jensen (from Paper Hearts) and didn't quite reach that unachievable bar. So if anyone can pleeeaaase recommend me a book that supersedes the tall order that is Jensen, Jewelsy will definitely give it a go!

Thank you, my darling TheresaDK for introducing this book to me. I too, am an unforgiving b!tchface, when it comes to wanting my H's to work super hard for their redemption and I don't mind my h's testing their patience for it. Happy to say that this one delivered in all those aspects and I actually enjoyed it much more that book #1 Wilder.

Told in dual POV and can be read as a standalone in this series, however, if you want the full experience and introduction to this couple, then I would recommend reading book #1 first. Ends in an abrupt HFN like book #1, because I guess we will see them all in book #3 (Penna's story). I'm keen to continue onto book #3, but I'm not really gagging for it.
Profile Image for Jeannine Allison.
Author 13 books506 followers
October 14, 2017
MAJOR GROVEL ALERT

Anyone who follows my reviews with any kind of regularity knows I'm super picky about second chance romances. One of my biggest pet peeves is lack of communication/the characters quickly falling into bed together. Also, if necessary, I like my grovels to be damn good, with the aggrieved party being appropriately angry and not forgiving too quickly. And the grovel in this one? One word...

description

Nova absolutely delivered. To the point where even I wanted to beg her to give him a break, and that NEVER happens... so if you like a good, long grovel, you'll definitely want to check this out <3 It wasn't necessarily amazing in terms of what he did, his actions were fairly basic, but I was so greedy for a lengthy grovel that I didn't really care.

There were so many great one-liners, and the writing and the emotions were SPOT ON. Here are a few of my absolute favorites:
You're like a supernova—an explosion so bright no one can see past you, I'd told him once after he'd won a competition. But like my love, that name had been twisted into something entirely different. Now he was Casanova… and no longer mine.
"I was putting myself back together piece by jagged, ripped, bleeding piece. So you're going to have to forgive me if I’m not ready to let him tear me apart again just so he can feel better about himself. If he thinks I’m a bitch, I'm okay with it. He doesn't get to argue with what he turned me into."
He slipped inside like he'd never left, his taste and touch overwhelming as he filled the cracks in my soul he'd put there in the first place.
And while I loved the beginning and all the feels, I didn't like the shakeup at the end. It felt unnecessary and unrealistic, and to be honest some of it just confused me. Maybe someone who's read it can clear it up for me?

I didn't *hate* the things that confused me, but I do think the execution could have been better. Despite this, there was still a lot to love and if you enjoyed book one--although I will say there is less action in this one, which I personally preferred--and you like looooong grovels, you should definitely look into this ;)

Safety:

Closure:
Profile Image for Nicola.
1,393 reviews241 followers
February 24, 2017

After a promising start to the Renegades series with Wilder, I couldn't wait to dive in and see what Landon 'Nova' Rhodes' story would bring.

"I was going to win her back. Not just her friendship. Her heart. Her love."

Whiplash anyone?

When it comes to women who have had their hearts broken, you can understand the pain and anger that goes hand-in-hand with being crapped on from a great height. You can understand the lack of forgiveness and the wish never to speak to that person ever again because it hurts. But you can take anger too far, to the point where my empathy will begin to wain and I'll start becoming frustrated with you. And that was how I felt about Rachel.

description

Landon, on the other hand, was a surprise, much more of a sweetheart than I anticipated. He made mistakes. He was young, his career just starting, he made a decision that broke both his and Rachel's hearts, and he subsequently installed a revolving door directly into his pants in an attempt to ease his pain. So yes, he needs to redeem and prove himself when Rachel re-enters his life and I'm all for a bit of grovelling, but the first half of this book was dragged out too long--half could have been omitted with no particular detriment to the story.

"I want you not to hate me. I want you not to think that I’m some heartless bastard who didn’t love you."

I know it sounds like I disliked this, but I actually didn't. Even though there's less action than in Wilder, what we are given leaves you holding your breath and the second half was tighter: I began to warm to Rachel--even though I rolled my eyes at her a few times--and enjoy her and Landon as a couple. And I liked the path the story took with regards to Rachel's family. It was simply a case that the push pull between her and Landon was repetitive and drawn out and it didn't hold the depth of emotion that I've become accustomed to when I pick up a book by Rebecca Yarros. But with no hints this time around, I'll be interested to see where she takes the Renegades next.
Profile Image for MELISSA *Mel Reader*.
1,324 reviews1,389 followers
February 20, 2017
4.5 "I Belong To You" Stars!

photo A5534610-4691-47A4-955F-0C9C7D393667_zpsl0nrxbma.jpg

Landon Rhodes aka Nova is a gorgeous 22 yr. old guy who's a professional snowboarder that's all about speed, adrenaline & the rush. He's an extreme sports junkie & a four times X Games medalist. He's part of a team called the Renegades that are like family to him. They are currently filming a documentary while on a Study at Sea program on the cruise ship the Athena. They perform stunts for their You Tube subscribers & are all over social media.

Landon is especially reckless since he made the difficult decision to walk away from the love of his life about two and a half years ago. He screwed up his only chance at love, & now only has endless hook ups. Nothing could fill the hole in his soul, but sex seemed to momentarily dull the pain. He was forever haunted by her memory & what could have been. She was still all he could think about. Then suddenly he see's her, and it feels like he can finally breathe again.

photo 92ADF301-F1E7-4165-9617-063F168BD0E0_zpsicxh1knm.jpg

-There wasn't a single nerve in my body that didn't come alive at his nearness.

-This intense connection that strung us together would always be there. Buried, burned, or frayed, but never destroyed. Landon was always going to call to me.

-The things this man did to my body with just his voice were criminal.

photo 4327A705-D99A-46F9-B820-889F0B3D2E97_zpsqc0qgpp2.jpg

Rachel Dawson is stuck on a Study at Sea program for the next six months with the only guy she's ever loved. The one she gave up everything for & then he broke her heart. When she was eighteen he didn't choose her, & made her feel she wasn't good enough. He abandoned her & it destroyed her. She won't be vulnerable again, or let him close enough to hurt her. Her plan is to ignore him & avoid him, but it's easier said than done when he's everywhere she turns.

Landon wants a second chance with Rachel. He wanted her to forgive his stupid mistakes & was determined to win her heart again. He sets out to prove to her he's not going anywhere this time, & she's his top priority. He wants a fresh start & is prepared to be patient. He makes it his mission to remind her how good they are together. Soon Rachel can't resist him or deny her feelings any longer. Things heat up between them and we get some angst, seriously delicious moments and a beautiful love story.

photo 47D1E388-336E-4C1C-AE3B-9419EC30FF64_zpsfnfpyyto.jpg

-My heart reminded me that I was going to have to fight for this woman with every weapon in my arsenal if I wanted her. And damn, I wanted her. Craved her. Needed her.

-I was still fucking wild over her.

-"There's no one in this world who loves her like I do."

-She owned me.

photo CE0B163D-1B96-48A0-B37E-23696A25A26E_zpsktgxscm7.jpg
Profile Image for Wil Loves Books!.
1,080 reviews453 followers
February 25, 2017
I love this author. I love her writing, her well developed characters, her attention to detail and her thorough research. I also love how she never stops surprising me with the twists and turns of her stories. I also have to say, again, that she writes the swooniest heroes. You know that although flawed, when it comes to romance and being in love, her heroes are hands down the best of the best. And Landon (Nova) is no exception, this man is capital letters SWOONY!

Nova is book 2 in The Renegades series, which follows a team of daredevils while they're studying abroad in a Semester at Sea type of program. I freaking love the concept of the series and as you know I loved Wilder (Book 2).

I have to say that Nova is not as exciting as Wilder. It's a second chance romance, there's a heavy history between the main characters and so the book has a more serious tone. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it a lot.

"Yeah, she’d been an eight. Problem was I wanted an eleven, and I only knew of one in the entire fucking world. One with hair blacker than night, a tight, toned body that had fit mine to a T, and almond-shaped chocolate eyes that made me forget my name, but never hers."

So Landon aka Nova and Rachel have a lot of convoluted history. If you've read Wilder you know most of the story. If you haven't, you can still read this as a standalone. Years back Nova did something really stupid that broke Rachel's heart. Now they're together and forced to share the same space since Rachel is now part of the Semester at Sea program with her best friend Leah (the h of Book 1).

We find out pretty quick that Landon is totally not over Rachel and he wants her back. There's no wavering or hesitation. He wants her back and will pull all the stops to get her back.

"She was a puzzle I’d never figured out. She’d never bored me, always left me craving her, wanting more, and chasing her down. Given the physical reaction I’d had the minute I’d realized it was really her—the way my heart lurched toward hers like a damned magnet—it was safe to say that hadn’t changed."

But Rachel is a tough cookie. Even though she clearly loves Landon she was pretty hurt by what he did so she will give him a really tough time. Her struggle is real.

"Everything was familiar and yet new. His scent was the same, the undertones of his skin unchanged by whatever cologne still managed to cling to his clothing. His voice still slid over my nerves like silk, his eyes the same ever-changing hazel that held me captive. His hands cupped my face with the same tenderness while the strength in his arms had only grown. He was my Landon underneath all that Nova, only ten times more… everything."

So you know I love second chance romances, it's hands down my favorite trope. And I love this author a lot, but I had a really hard time connecting and understanding Rachel as the story went on. I understand she was in a lot of pain and that she was badly hurt by Nova, but her actions sometimes didn't match her thoughts. She does a lot of back and forth and plain refuses to listen like an adult, which makes her sound like a petulant child at times. She gave me serious whiplash. I felt like it dragged at parts. I was extremely frustrated by her, as was Nova.

"I was frustrated that she couldn’t just fucking talk to me like every other girl on the planet."

But Landon/Nova, he was everything. He made the book for me. He's sweet, he's patient, he cares so much and he grovels like no other. He's a man's man, all actions to match his talk. Swoony to the max!

"God, she’d tasted like summer days in the middle of January, like hope, and home, and everything I’d been searching for since the last time I’d kissed her."

“You’re it. You’ve always been it, and I don’t care if I have to prove it to you over the rest of this damn year—you’re the only girl I’m going to touch.”

“I’m not going anywhere. If I have to tell you that a million times before you’ll believe me, then I’ll do just that. You and me—we’re our own little infinity. Our forever is wrapped up in everything that’s between us.”

The romance is slow burning in this one because their backstory is super heavy but it definitely has some really hot moments. It's also extremely romantic as all Rebecca's books are. Definitely lots of feels!

“You chose me.”
“I always will.”

Overall, I liked this book a lot. Even though it has less action than Wilder, there were some pretty cool adventures I loved and some twists I never saw coming.  And well Rebecca's writing is always beautiful. Next up is Penna and I can't wait! I'm dying to meet the guy that will steal the coolest Renegade's heart. Absolutely recommend Nova!

“There was never a moment that I didn’t love you. There will never be a moment that I don’t love you. You can love me or not, but that will never change the way I belong to you.”

**An ARC was generously provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review**
Profile Image for Carmen Rae.
1,421 reviews163 followers
March 26, 2017
I feel like I have been waiting forever for Nova. Ever since the climactic reveal of who Rachel was I knew I had to know their story and damn it was a ride. But of course Rebecca Yarros always knows exactly which strings to pull to wrap me up in a ball of nerves and anticipation.

There was so much to this story that I don’t know what to say without spoiling anything for you. It felt like every time I got to an aha moment there was a whole other layer that still needed to be peeled back for me to cry a little more over. Not that this was a book that had me in floods of tears just that the writing is so perfect that I felt every emotion these characters went through.

For a lot of the book I didn’t like Nova and to be honest I don’t necessarily know that I like him now. Don’t get me wrong he did make up for his mistakes and I completely understood why he did it I just wouldn’t be able to get passed it personally. Unless there was a lot more grovelling, but that’s just my personality and I do understand why Rachel did and it didn’t take anything away from the story but I still really want to kick his arse.

Rachel was amazing and for me this whole book was all about how beautiful she was and how strong. I really couldn’t have asked for a more kick arse heroine. Every time I wondered how much more could she go through without curling into a ball and crying for the rest of the book she rallied and did something that just made me love her more.

As always the characters were great and the story was even better and I am so glad I sat down and read it as soon as the pre-order hit my kindle. If you haven’t read Wilder yet I highly recommend reading that first, you can find my review for it here.

Check out my reviews here
Profile Image for Bev .
1,890 reviews395 followers
April 10, 2017
Ugh this one annoyed me so much. I read for the romance so Rachel still pushing Landon away at 60 odd percent drove me bat shit crazy. Then when all in the garden is rosy(ish) the author throws yet another spanner in the works and yep, you guessed it, she's pushing him away AGAIN. I love a grovel, I'm all for an epic grovel but do you know, this one was just too much. Poor Landon worked and worked and worked again to get back in with her and it got to the point I wanted him to walk away.

I don't believe she will ever really forgive and trust Landon, despite him turning himself inside out to prove he was sorry and had LEARNED from what he did as a young adult. If I'm honest I didn't like Rachel much at all despite her being the wronged party, she just got on my wick too much.

I liked the extreme sports theme which surprised me, it's not something I've ever been interested in - actually I was fascinated by just how risky the sport is. Those kids must be absolutely fearless to do half the stuff they do.

I don't believe in their happy and I hate that in my books. I need the loved up happy ever after feel when I finish a book, sadly I didn't get those feels here.

2.75 "all for Landon" stars.
Profile Image for Wendys Wycked Words.
1,549 reviews3,802 followers
July 5, 2017
4.5.png (1545×288):

I absolutely loved this "second chance" romance. The only problem I had, was that I jumped straight into it, skipping book 1. I think that if you want to enjoy this story to the fullest, you should read book 1 first. Because I didn't, the beginning was pretty confusing to me, which was totally my fault and not the author. Thankfully things started falling into place more and more, the further I got.

my-bad.gif (414×264)

Landon "Nova" is professional daredevil, specialized in snowboarding. He is also a 4 times X-Games medalist. Him and some fellow adrenaline junkies, are part of a team, they call "The Renegades".

hemsworth.png (660×495):

For 9 months, he and his teammates, along with a bunch of other people, are on a "Study at Sea" cruise. The Rengades are also filming a documentary, capturing their stunts and their live at sea. Landon is a a real casanova, fucking around with everything that moves. He is doing this, because he is lost and inside there is a big black empty hole, were the love of his life used to be. They call her "the curse". But he is the one that has been cursed, ever since he left her behind.

872285b4236637724fe3ee8222e7c7c4.gif (500×236)

Rachel is a beautiful, sweet and feisty girl. She's is also quite broken. She was happy in love with her soulmate once, that is until he shattered her heart into a million pieces.

2240078_f520.jpg (520×390):

After some trickery, from another "Renegades" team-member, the both of them are stuck on the same cruiseship for the next 6 months. They will have to come face to face and confront their pasts.

They never got over one another. But where Landon wants to make amends and get back the girl he still loves so much, she just wants him to fuck off.

6b2f9953682ab8db4b530dc426b20662.gif (500×234)

Damn, but I loved Rachel. Now this girl knew how to stand up for herself !! I love a good grovel and this book gave me plenty !! She made him work his ass off to get back in her good graces. And Landon...he made some shitty mistakes, but he never once gave up and he was willing to do anything to get her forgiveness and love.

tumblr_notrwjZICD1tm3jmyo2_250.gif (245×140)

I really thing these to belonged together and I ended this book with a huge smile on my face. Now I will just need to go back and read book 1. I'm also very curious about the next book in this series. This was defintely one of the best "second chance"romances I have ever read.

superthumb.jpg (300×250):

This review has been posted on Dirty Books Obsession
Profile Image for Lacey (laceybooklovers).
1,989 reviews9,751 followers
February 23, 2017
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

3.5 STARS

I LOVE second chance romances but I’m not exactly a fan of them when the hero becomes a manwhore during the time he and the heroine are broken up. We previously met Landon, aka “Nova,” as Wilder’s best friend and a major player. We knew he was hurting from a past relationship and drowned himself in women to ease the pain, but when the truth comes out, it turns out that Landon was the one to break his heart and and the heart of the girl he loved. I went into Nova a little wary of Landon because I wasn’t sure he’d be able to redeem himself and his past mistakes. I was prepared for the angst and the groveling, and thankfully, Rebecca Yarros delivered just that. If you’re a fan of the second chance romance trope, then I would definitely recommend you give this book a try!

My entire world narrowed to the woman standing in front of me. Even my heartbeat stilled in reverence to the moment. How was she here? After all this time, she was close enough to touch, and all I could do was stare at her, like if I blinked she would disappear.

The last person Landon expects to show up on the cruise ship he and the rest of the Renegades are on is Rachel – the love of his life, the girl he abandoned, and Wilder’s ex-girlfriend. So messy, right? But Landon sees this as the second chance he thinks he doesn’t deserve, but he’s taking it anyway. There is no other girl for him but Rachel, and this time he’s going to prove it to her and win her heart again.

I was going to win her back. Not just her friendship. Her heart. Her love.
Maybe I wasn’t worth of any of it now, but I could be. I could earn her.

Rachel was utterly destroyed when Landon chose the Renegades over her and their future. She vowed to never let him into her broken heart again, so she would’ve never accepted getting onto the cruise ship if she’d known he was onboard. Surprised is an understatement when she discovers that she’ll be around the boy who abandoned her again. She’s determined to stay away and not let him get under her skin, but how can she resist a Landon who is finally fighting for her love and their future?

“I’m not going anywhere. If I have to tell you that a million times before you’ll believe me, then I’ll do just that. You and me—we’re own little infinity. Our forever is wrapped up in everything that’s between us.”

I have to say I enjoyed Nova just a little more than Wilder. I LOVED Rachel and how she didn’t cave easily to Landon and made him honestly WORK to earn her forgiveness. She’s tough on him, and rightly so. My favorite part about the second chance romance trope is when the hero has to grovel and fight to win back his heroine, and Landon did an amazing job of that. I didn’t quite love the book as much as I wish I could’ve though, because I’m still not entirely invested in the Renegades and their story. BUT! I have high hopes for the rest of the series, and can’t wait to read Rebel’s book!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.

Quotes are taken from the ARC and are subject to change in the final version.

Amazon Ebook: http://amzn.to/2i7JGus
Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/2l5Dnga

Liked this review? Subscribe to Booklovers For Life for more!
Profile Image for TereseDK.
474 reviews14 followers
February 23, 2017
4 – “I’m hers” – stars!

This was the second book in the Renegades series, and boy, was I pleased!!!

This was pretty much one long grovel fest… it was beautiful and for a serious grudge-holding b!tch face like myself, Landon gave fantastic grovel. We learn in book one that he left Rachel high and dry and pretty much shattered her heart into smithereens. Two and half years later, they end up on the same cruise ship and Landon, who has been living the life of a CasaNova (screwing every woman on board in an attempt to fill the void), is now dead set on getting Rachel to forgive him. Rachel is the most stubborn, unforgiving h and she throws his manwhorish lifestyle in his face every chance she gets. If you like sweet, innocent, quiet and forgiving heroines – this is not your book.

Landon was sweet, swoony and a groveling puppy dog just dying to get back Rachel.
puss in boots photo: Puss In Boots tumblr_lveqn2eRMT1qjyirdo1_500.gif

(Yes, I know that's a cat.. but you get my point!)

His dedication was admirable. And there were even times where I felt kinda sorry for him and found myself wishing Rachel would just forgive him and give me the fun nookie times! Buuuut then I remembered that Landon was a turdcanoe and that I’m a mean grudgeholding b!tchface.

Here’s a quote that made me swoon:
“Is this guy bothering you?” Meathead asked Rachel.
“Everyday of my life,” she answered.
“Look, I don’t know who you think you are,” Meathead started.
“Hers. I’m hers,” I finished. There. Line drawn in the fucking sand. I was here to fight.

swooning photo: Swooning tumblr_m81glf4x8c1rup7ov_zpsea4d6b29.gif

I will say, though, that the storyline in book one was more interesting than in Nova. There was not much story other than Landon winning Rachel back.

For the safety gals: H was a manwhore for 2.5 yrs and OW are present, but no descriptive sex scenes with OW. The h was not celibate during their separation either (slept with two guys). After they are reunited there are no OW/OM interactions (aside from friendships).

First person dual POV. HFN. No epilogue. Third book in the series underway with Rebel (Penna and….?), which I can’t wait for.
Profile Image for Irene.
1,845 reviews120 followers
February 19, 2017
5 stars

Nova was a wonderful, entertaining and page turning read. And I loved it!

In Nova, Landon gets his second chance with the one girl who's ever touched his heart, no slash that, the only girl who's ever owned his heart. The girl who takes his breath away, the only girl who can see past the all flirting to see the real Landon, and not Nova (Casanova) and the one girl who just gets him.
Now, if only he can make Rachel forgive him for the way things ended, for breaking her heart and trust in him...

description

I loved Rachel, she was such a wonderful, entertaining, honest, passionate character.
From the first few pages I connected with her. I got her pain, never once did I feel like she was over stating things. This girl had loved him unconditionally and while she may come to forgive Landon for what went down in the past, trusting him again with her heart won't be easy.
And nor should it be, just saying lol

description

I loved watching these two reconnect, they made me smile, they made me laugh, they made my heart hurt and they made me swoon.
And then there was their chemistry... O.M.G talk about HOT!!!

description

Rebecca Yarros is a talented author who has once again delivered a beautifully written and heartfelt storyline with captivating, endearing characters that will take you on a emotional rollercoaster while getting to their happily everafter.

In closing, if you're like me and enjoy second chance romances, then you will love Nova.

Nova is the second book from The Renegades series, and I highly recommend this book and series.

Nova releases on Feb 20th.
Amazon → http://amzn.to/2gOAy0L
BN → http://bit.ly/2h2ozxp
IBooks → http://apple.co/2d8XV0X
Kobo → http://bit.ly/2gQb3dj

* A big thank you to the publisher, Entangled Embrace for the advance copy in exchange for my honest thoughts.*
Profile Image for Katie.
334 reviews114 followers
4.5 Casanova stars

description

You're like a supernova-An explosion so bright no one can see past you, I'd told him once after he'd won a competition. But like my love, that name had been twisted into something entirely different. Now he was Casanova...and no longer mine."

I love me a good 'love lost and then found again' book and this book was no exception!

Some of my favorite scenes of the book were in the beginning when Landon sees Rachel for the first time in 2 1/2 years and the pretty much all other scenes in which they run into each other (either accidentally or on purpose). You could feel that the love is still there with them, but 2 1/2 years is a long time. People change- especially Landon or Nova, whose female conquests are no secret to anyone. Can Rachel see past the Casanova and find the Landon underneath again?

I loved the progression in the book and the romance and the adventure and the list goes on! Great book and I highly recommend it!

W3Schools
Profile Image for Rose.
514 reviews
March 18, 2017

Let me start by saying I already was critical about starting this book because the MCs are cheaters. Essentially the h dated the H of the first book and cheated on him with this book's h. Now I found it difficult in the beginning to be so casual about it. Thing is, in the first book I FELT so much between Pax and Leah that I forgave Pax for the ending, and loved that book. But I still couldn't find myself routing for the couple who hurt Pax so much... she never has sex with Pax, but she stays with him for 5 months dating him while screwing his best friend. Now in this series the whole idea is Pax is completely over it, he was never hurt over Rachel (this books h) but the fact Landon betrayed him. Pax meets Lea and is crazy over her. And Rachel was always meant for Landon. Regardless, I found it hard to sympathise with cheaters but I tried to put that to the side but it left a bad taste while reading most of the book. (FYI this isn't a conflict in the book, but it was one for me). It just made me think... how 2 faced can people be for a girl to smile, kiss and go on dates with her boyfriend, lying alongside his "brother" best friend who smiles at him as well... for 5 months. I think I would've accepted it A LOT more if they decided to break it off with Pax first then secretly have their own affair. The dating one while screwing the other was ... just not cool to me, at all. And it's weird because the characters I read in this book ... I feel it was unfair to paint them in such a light, the Landon I know would never do that, and the Rachel is too sweet.

And then there was Landan, while I LOVED how much Rachel stood up to him and made him grovel (thus the 2.5 stars) I just couldn't 100% love him.

I think it's weird how he was banging a different girl every single night to "self medicate" and the second he sees her he stops. I'm not saying that I wanted him to continue, but they made him SUCH a manwhore it was cringe worthy, especially since Rachel was classmates with these girls and would see them.

With all the women that he was consistently doing for the past 2 years, the reason he left ... the fact he never once tried to go back for her ...

I think Landan did redeem himself, but at the same time I never felt his despair in losing her. He was meant to be a shell of who he was and I think to fully love him I wanted to understand and see more how despite being with OW so much he was a shell and broken. All we know is that he moved to do the X games and became famous, rich, has a different women everyday and got nicknamed 'casenova'. Sounds like a good life, right? Now I'm not saying that men can't portray this and be broken inside, it's very possible, but that isn't portrayed here. It's told to us through conversations but we don't see him feeling empty in this life, it starts when Rachel comes back and bam, the back and forth begins. Had I felt his despair for those years apart, I would've connected to their love more.

I felt like Rachel was more hurt over him than he was over her, and lived out the horrible consequences of losing him whereas he moved on. He didn't ofc, but I mean I wish we had more insight from Landon so i can believe he was in a shell. I felt it from Rachel's side, her pain, but not as much from Landon's side.

I understand the mistake he made years ago .. and he shows her she's his priority by the end.

But the fact he never tries going for her also gyrated on my nerves. If she was the one for him why didn't he try once to get her back?

So I don't know ... while there was many powerful scenes in this book, I couldn't connect fully with the characters' love, and so I just couldn't buy his excuses, and I also felt a lot more feelings between the MCs in the first book
Profile Image for Michelle.
2,082 reviews860 followers
February 11, 2017
Landon “Nova” Rhodes is a gorgeous womanizer who is into everything extreme. But he’s about to come face to face with the one girl, the only girl who meant anything to him. The one he can’t forget.

Rachel didn’t realize that while doing the college program aboard the cruise ship that she’d be facing her past. From all angles. But after realizing the manipulation that put her on the ship, she’s left having to face the man who destroyed her heart. The one guy she’s loved and the guy who walked away.

It doesn’t take Landon long to realize that with Rachel within reaching distance that he’s ready to right the wrongs of their past, but in order to fully be forgiven he has to come fully clean. Something he isn’t eager to do.

I am a big-big fan of second chance romances. And although Nova is a complete second-chance romance, I loved that the pieces of their past were just pieces of information. I got to fall in love with them, present day, in real time.

A highly charged, angsty read that will have your heart thumping in your chest! As Rachel and Nova found a way to create a new relationship I was on pins and needles waiting for the full truth of their split to come out. It was far too downplayed not to be the “BIG DRAMA” towards the end. I loved that I was kept on my toes, unsure of when it was going to hit – but knowing it was coming.

I am big Yarros fan. Her writing is fantastic and she gives you real, honest and flawed characters that you can’t help but love.

ARC
Profile Image for Sarah.
1,577 reviews1,227 followers
February 7, 2017
***Releasing Feb. 20, 2017 - FULL REVIEW***

5 SUPERNOVA CROWNS

Rebecca Yarros has ripped my heart to shreds with Nova. The pain, the tragedy, and the heartbreak felt by Rachel and Landon absolutely gutted me, and I loved every single torturous minute of their second chance romance.

These Renegades are something special. They have this allure that I cannot resist. Maybe it is their zealous nature to take risks with their stunts, their alpha ways with their significant others, or their hearts that show their passion for all avenues of their lives, but I love every single one of them, and I don't see it changing any time soon. What I enjoy most about them is the relationship between the originals. They are a family, even if it isn't blood. They love and support each other, and they sacrifice for each other without question. There is never any doubt about the family nature of this group, and the plot line that drives this whole series is one that has captivated me, creating immense excitement to see where Ms. Yarros takes this group over the next two books.

What makes this story, in particular, so gut-wrenching is the characters and the trauma they have endured from a love gone wrong. Landon is a womanizer, a true Casanova, but what the reader comes to understand is that he is attempting to forget, losing himself in women in an attempt to lessen the pain that radiates from his heart through his whole body. This pain is about more than what he has done to Rachel, but about what he has done to the whole group. Watching him attempt to forget in this manner only serves to increase reader sympathy for him, literally making readers' hearts ache for his pain. But, Landon is more than his pain, and when he makes a plan to win back Rachel, the only girl he has ever loved, he does so with all the passion and dedication of a Renegade. He never yields, but what I love is that he never bulldozes her. He takes into account what she needs from him, how he has hurt her, and he calculates the best way to show her he needs her, loves her, and wants her for infinity. He is man not just of words but of actions, and both had me falling head over heels in love with this hero.

Rachel is broken, even though she tries to hide behind her walls, she has never healed from the loss that is Landon. What makes her pain more palpable is watching her Landon behave and act as Nova. Every single time she witnesses this, whether it is happening in the present or someone from the past returns, it breaks her heart, and readers along with it. Readers will want her to heal, they will want her to take a chance on him again, but most of all they will want her to be brave, to finally let down the walls. There are moments of frustration with her character as she is incredibly stubborn, particularly with Landon, but I found I couldn't blame her. How can you blame someone who had their soul shattered for trying to protect herself from the man that broke it? You can't. The eventual courage she exhibits in order to break down her wells and allow herself to truly love and trust Landon again had me in complete awe of her! She is truly a complex character with so many layers, and I admire every single one.

This story is a slow burn. It has a completely different tone from Wilder, but it is beautiful just the same. Rebecca Yarros will strip you down to your soul with Landon and Rachel's love story. Within the opening pages, my heart ached for these characters, as her words so poignantly convey their emotions and pain that I felt it in my own body. Each word and act only serves to destroy readers piece by piece, as the author takes the time to flesh out what went wrong with their relationship, and she makes her characters pay penance for their errors, crushing readers' hearts right along with the characters. But what I love most about this story is that it also about healing. It is about letting go of the past and moving forward, and just as readers' hearts will break with Landon and Rachel, it heals with them as well. Their faith is restored with each word and act from Landon, and even when it all falls apart, as it inevitably does, readers are rooting for them to find a way back to each other, because there is not doubt that these two are each other's forever. This story is the epitome of a well written romance that gets down into the soul of its readers and shows the power of real and passionate love. This is the romance women and girls dream about, to be loved so deeply and purely.

What readers will also enjoy about this story is that there are so many secrets that are revealed about what occurred in the past. Through the plot development, readers find that there is much more than they ever understood about Landon and Rachel. In the interest of preventing spoilers, that is all I will say, but know that there are so many layers to their romance that allows for forgiveness and understanding in an authentic and believable way.

Rebecca Yarros writing is absolutely flawless. Her stories, her words, and her characters always find a way to burrow into my heart, and I find myself living each and every moment with them. Her talent astounds me, and I will automatically one-click anything she writes because I know it will be brilliant, beautiful, poignant, just AMAZING.
-------------------
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews and other book news, check out Musings of the Modern Belle at www.modernbellebooks.com.
Profile Image for GimmeAllTheWerdssss.
542 reviews207 followers
Shelved as 'abandon-dnf'
February 24, 2017
I tried...I really did but I was unaware of the history between this H and h and the H from the previous book - I didn't read the previous book.

Ultimately this was cheaters getting a second chance with OW popping up on a regular basis. It just wasn't for me.
Profile Image for Dísir.
1,661 reviews168 followers
February 7, 2017
It’s hard to rate a book when the male protagonist has everything stacked against him and everything else skewed in the favour of the heroine whom he’d treated so badly a long time ago. (Casa)Nova, aka Landon, is hard not to despise for his actions which I found abhorrent in every way: ditching the girl he loved, then self-medicating the hurt away by becoming a manwhore and then only rushing to make reparations when they meet again— while keeping hair-raising secrets along the way.

There’s a ton that I can probably write about when it comes to Nova’s failings and there are that many to start with. By cowardly not going after the girl he wanted when he regretted his actions yet sleeping with so many others to get over her, then only deciding to do something about it when their paths cross is one. His inability to do anything but “self-medicate” with sex and not righting his wrongs before she came back into his life is another. That he took money and put his dream above her was even more unforgivable. As with my issues with second-chances stories, clichés can and do run the river dry, with lines such as “I thought about you everyday (even while sleeping with others who didn’t mean a thing to me, or whom I used to get over you” made it difficult to take Landon seriously at all. But clearly, this is my own bias in operation as well but I can safely say that the story is truly an exercise in grovelling, an uphill battle of lesson after lesson in winning trust back after the deepest kind of betrayal.

There is some convoluted history that muddies the waters however, and Rebecca Yarros does try to make Landon grovel as best as he can—the punishment befitting the crime, so to speak. I felt sorry for Rachel, who, though not initially blameless, was made too much of a pawn in some high stakes game of sponsorship and ambition: that she was collateral damage in the midst of people who played her over and out.

That said, Yarros does write emotion quite well and it was gratifying to read that Rachel’s hurt wasn’t glossed over too easily and how it (rightfully) took a lot for Landon to make things up to her. Even if I thought the concept of the Renegades cruise/study tour a little far-fetched, the exotic locales and the death-defying activities do provide a different setting for this particular story and a different kind of heart-pounding action that’s not just limited to the bedroom. It’s clear this series is still finding its stride and I’m more than a bit curious whether the rest of the characters would get their own books.

*ARC by netgalley
(always grateful, mind)
Profile Image for shirley ♡.
309 reviews149 followers
April 16, 2020

“Rachel was my center, my gravity, the perfect balance to me in every way. She was the only woman I would ever love, and I couldn’t picture my life without her now that I finally had her back.”

I’ve never read a book with as many drama as a this one, and for some reason instead of boring me or irritating me I actually enjoyed it. Before I started this book I read some reviews, and a lot of people didn’t like this book because Rachel made Landon grovel for too long and that kind of made the story boring and repetitive, but I loved it. This is a slow-burn/second-chance story; i’ve read books with this trope before and I hadn’t enjoyed them, but for some reason I did like this one.

Maybe the only reason I enjoyed this book was because i’m bored at home in quarantine and all I needed was a little bit of drama.

I am really excited to read the third book! Pena is my fave girl already and i can’t wait to read her story.

Profile Image for Radd Reader.
854 reviews400 followers
January 29, 2021
”I love you—there’s no one else I want in my life, my heart, my bed. We’re going to be okay.”

“My home is wherever you are.”

Synopsis:
Rachel and Landon have some history and when a friend finagles a way for them to be near each other again, sparks fly. However, they first must learn to forgive and trust and that proves to be a big hurdle to overcome.

My Thoughts: The following are my thoughts about this book:
General:
- Trigger warning: none
- Setting: on a ship - Study At Sea program. Stops on this journey: Dubai, Sri Lanka, Taj Mahal, Kathmandu Nepal, Lukla Nepal, Himalayas, Jakarta, Papua New Guinea, Queenstown New Zealand, Fiji, Los Angeles & Tahoe (for Christmas break), Hong Kong, Korea

Characters:
Landon (aka Nova) (22, Extreme Sport athlete and X Game medalist)

- ”You’re like a supernova—an explosion so bright no one can see past you, I’d told him once after he’d won a competition. But like my love, that name had been twisted into something entirely different. Now he was Casanova… and no longer mine.”

- One of the four Original Renegades. A group of extreme sport athletes who do outrageous and dangerous tricks
- four X Games medals, three of which are in snowboarding

- The following words/phrases were used to describe Landon: numb, detached, reckless, protective

Rachel (20, journalism major at Dartmouth):
- Best friends with Leah (h from book 1)
- participating in the semester at sea program to travel the world and study abroad and also hoping to get a chance to visit the Korean village she was adopted from

- The following words/phrases were used to describe Rachel: fiery passionate, tenacious, stubborn, heartbroken, gorgeous, funny, smart

- ”you’re my infinity, my always.”

Story Thoughts:
- Landon’s manwhore ways were a turn off for me. The explanation that he used sex to "self medicate” was ridiculous

- Rachel.....OMG how many times can one girl rant about trust and putting “her” first. Gah. She was a broken record after a while. Poor Landon :( ”At some point you have got to stop taking hits at me just to see how far you can push before I’ll leave.”

- And, on the flip side I gave major points to Landon for proving over and over and over that he could be trusted and that he did put Rachel first several times.
- I’m still not entirely sure I forgive these two for what they did to Pax.

- If it wasn’t for the above issues, I would have Loved the H/h. So I’m really not sure how I feel about them because these are some pretty big things.

- I liked the extreme sports action (although there was less of that in this book)

- I loved the setting (semester at sea) and all the places they visited. I googled the ski place in Dubai....pretty cool. 🎿 😎

- Although I got a little frustrated with Rachel, I certainly didn’t get bored reading this story. It‘s pretty fast paced and quite entertaining.

- I can’t wait to read Penna’s story in book 3. In this book she had a rough time dealing with what happened in book 1. I felt sad for her. 😔

Overview:
- Do you need to read previous books in series?: I would say yes. Although this is a different love story than book 1, the previous book has some backstory that is important to understand and all the characters from book 1 are front and center in this book.
- POV: Dual POV
- Tropes: second chance
- H likable? I’m a little on the fence, but leaning toward yes. See my thoughts above
- h likable? I’m a little on the fence, but leaning toward a possible no. Her whining about the same issue got old. She needed to stop passing judgement when she was in no position to point fingers for wrongdoing.
- h virgin? No
- First time they kiss: 41%
- First time they sleep together: 74%
- First time they say I Love You 74%
- steamy? Yes
- OW/OM drama? Some. One of Nova’s hookups was around and tried to cause some trouble. Also, Nova’s excessive hookups always seemed to be thrown in his face.
- H/h cheat? No. This is a second chance romance and they were broken up for 2 years. They were with other people during the breakup. But, once they were together again there was no one else.
- Time apart? Not after they are back together
- Did I skip pages? No
- Big secrets? A secret was revealed around 80%. The reader and Rachel found out about it at the same time.
- Did I cry? No
- Did I laugh? Not really
- Did I swoon 🥰? Nova’s big gesture was a little heart melting. The guy was true to his word and put Rachel first no matter the cost to him and that was a bit swoony.
- Cliffhanger? No
- HEA? HFN
- Epilogue? No
- Recommend? Yes.

Quotes
“Losing love came with withdrawal symptoms for which there was no known relief.”

“She was a tiny piece of dynamite, smooth and pretty but capable of blowing your damn head off.”

“Glad to know you eavesdrop. I’ll try to have an interesting conversation after dinner if you’d like to lurk in the corner.”

“You are anything but convenient. I’ve had parachute malfunctions more convenient than you. You’re the most frustrating, complicated, utterly addictive woman I have ever been around, but you are sure as hell not convenient.”

“You were his compass, his North Star, his constant. And then you were gone.”

“Okay. You’re right.” His mouth dropped open.
“What?” I asked.
“I’m just watching hell freeze over.” “

“We are what we decide to be—you and me.”

“You’re so beautiful when you’re pissed.”
“Oh, then I’m about to be fucking gorgeous,”

“You chose me.”
“I always will.”
Profile Image for Simply Love Book Reviews.
6,893 reviews819 followers
Kitty's review:

I have no idea where to start with Nova. I had so many mixed emotions and feelings throughout this story that it may be hard to put into words. I will honestly say that I loved Nova. I feel like Rebecca Yarros kicked it up a notch with the 2nd Renegade book. The characters seemed to have more depth to them and the story, itself, a little meatier.

So, I didn’t think Rebecca Yarros had it in her to write a real Bitch. But, she does and she proved it with Rachel. Now, please don’t get me wrong, Rachel had a right to be hurt. But, boy does she know how to hold a grudge. There is no explanation, no reason, no excuse that Landon can give that will make Rachel even stop and consider why he left. No empathy for the other members of the Renegades and what it would have cost them if he stayed with her. She came off, to me, as being one unforgiving Bitch. A fun bitch, at times … an interesting bitch, at times … then a forgiving bitch. Yea, she comes around but it takes a whole lot on Landon’s part and her finally finding out the whole truth and just what outside forces really caused all her heartache.

Now, Landon wasn’t totally in the clear in this whole mess. But, I have to hand it to him – he’s one determined guy. He knows he had to build her trust in him again. He knows his “Nova” ways are biting him in the ass. He knows he must tell her the whole truth. But, how does he do that without making himself look even worse in her eyes? Just when things start looking up for them, when she finally starts facing her feelings, when she finds her roots with him at her side, the truth comes out. Everything he was afraid of happening, happens. But, he’ll prove to her that he’s changed, that he will do whatever it takes to make her see him as a different person … even giving up everything he worked so hard to achieve.

All the Renegades are around. Penna has some serious problems and, hopefully, will handle them soon. Leah and Wilder are all still mushy, mushy. Sometimes sickeningly so. The stunts and descriptions of the ports and countries that they visited were beautifully described. You can tell that a lot of research went into the writing of this book. My only disappointment … did they win at the X Games? So not fair that she didn’t let us in on that little secret.

But, Rebecca Yarros did it again. She has me totally involved in the lives of her characters. And, as I said, I went through a lot of emotions while reading Nova. I was angry, I was sad … I smiled and then frowned … I was scared then relieved. It’s nice that an author can bring out all those different emotions within one story. Nova was a high-powered, emotionally charged story that will satisfy your need for extreme sports and true love.

Review copy given for a voluntary review.
Profile Image for NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}.
1,299 reviews85 followers
Read
December 28, 2017
DNF at 61%

Honestly, this is the first time that i don't finish a book, but it was a little bit boring for me...
Maybe the fault is that i was comparing it with the first book of The Renegades and i was crazy about it!!!!
I can be sure, but maybe i will return back to it, some day!!!!
Profile Image for Tpagirl Loves Romance.
1,571 reviews122 followers
May 1, 2017
Nova is the second book in The Renegades series by Rebecca Yarros. After two books, I am now a fan of Yarros' writing style and plot development. She kept me intrigued and interested from beginning to end.

I was anxiously awaiting this release. We were introduced to Landon and Rachel's back story in Wilder, book one. It was a complex story with the promise for a second chance forever love but it would be hard fought. And it was...

Landon Rhodes was one of the original Renegades - a team of Extreme Sports athletes. He was gorgeous, smart, a total dare devil and spiraling downward fast until Rachel Dawson came back into his world. She was beautiful, sassy, strong and the perfect match for Landon, until she wasn't. They were together until Landon chose The Renegades over Rachel and he never looked back. He self medicated with alcohol, women and risky stunts. Once Rachel unknowingly crossed his path again, he knew he had a second chance and he would do anything to win her back.

Nova was told in a dual POV. I loved that Rachel didn't let Landon off easy. She wanted nothing to do with him and she wouldn't accept a weak apology. He devastated her when he left without a word and she was determined not to put herself in that position again. It's typical for a storyline to drag for me while the hero is trying to make it right; however, Yarros developed it realistically and my interest didn't wane.

I also loved the detail Yarros provided regarding the extreme sports preparation and stunts. I'm not familiar with extreme sports so the level of detail was not only interesting but also added depth and dimension to the storyline.

The only drawback was that I was craving an epilogue or a glance into the future. However, based on the foundation of the storyline, a nine month study at sea program, the storyline will continue in the next book of the series so we should see continued development not only for Landon and Rachel, but also for Paxton and Leah (book one).

Additionally, Yarros introduced new supporting characters that could easily continue the series for several more books. In the meantime, Yarros continued to develop Penna, another original Renegade, and provided teasers for what we can expect next in the series.
Profile Image for Garden Of REden.
1,162 reviews61 followers
February 21, 2017
REVIEWED BY CASSIE

First, we were given Paxton Wilder and Leah… who taught us to “let go of fear and touch love” and now we Have Landon “Nova” Rhodes and Rachel who show us that being each other’s infinity is more important than any medal or trophy.

“For every inch I gave him, every part me that relaxed into him, there was a part of me banging even harder against the bars to flee.”
Rachel Dawson is Yarros’ strongest female character to date and will be hard to top. She has a sassy mouth and shows no mercy if you have pissed her off (just ask Landon). She is fierce. She is brave. I love how she is toe-to-toe with Landon with many of the stunts. Her smarts even lend a hand in planning said stunts. All of this is just proof to us how complete they make each other, however, her tenacity at guarding her heart was admirable and I think she would be a good example for all females.

Nova was not always meant to be short for Casanova, but it was apparent from Wilder why it stuck. As penned in the book, this was a form of self-medicating from his own broken heart. His swoon worthy passages will melt your heart (no worries, Rachel will gladly be reminding us why he must try so hard), and really help you see him at his core. You see how lost he has been the past few years. You see just how much he will do for the one he loves. I have officially named him “the comeback kid” of romance characters.

This book was a long journey through hurt, hope, trust lost and won, and the kind of love that never fades. The stunts were things the normal person would never think to be possible. The comic relief (partially from Rachel being snarky) was sprinkled in perfectly through out this emotionally heavy book. This series also has a knack for revealing one secret (that can often be guessed), only to deliver another shock that you truly don’t see coming. Yarros definitely knows how to write a complete package of a book.

“Because love makes us do things we swear we’ll never do.”
This quote perfects the series thus far and I cannot wait to see how it will come through in Rebel.
Profile Image for Dena.
474 reviews106 followers
February 14, 2017
I thought Wilder was amazing but he's got NOTHING on Nova! Landon Rhodes is a ladies man, nobody thought he had a heart or that he was still hung up on "THE ONE"! What we learn about Landon is that he is truly an exceptional man with a heart of gold. He loves with his whole heart and who knew he would find his heart again once Rachel steps abroad the yacht. My heart ached for both Rachel and Landon. These two have been to hell and back. They've both become a shell of a person because of their loss of each other.

Unfortunately the reason for the break-up was out of Landon's hands and that is what we find out in Nova. The twists all came out and left me in a heap of tears and anger. Talk about twisted shit, but alls well that ends well. Or does it?

"We walked a tightrope, knowing that if we wanted to remain friends, there were things we could never talk about. After all, Rachel had been his girlfriend, but she’d been the love of my life."

Get the tissues ready because this is emotional and will tear your heart to shreds. While Landon and the Renegades are still at it with their games...The sexy and wild side of Landon still exists, we really see a deeper side to him which I absolutely loved. Going in, I didn't know what to expect but I am pleasantly surprised by how much I love the characters, especially Landon. This is one of those books that sucks you in and has so much heart and love within the pages. Landon has more love in him than I ever thought possible but will it be enough for a second chance with the one woman he's loved even with the years spent apart? Oh God I don't even know what else to say because this book really did top Wilder for me and shredded me. 5 thrilling and loving stars for the most stubborn yet addictive couple!

Profile Image for Marcella.
860 reviews34 followers
March 19, 2017
Second chances don't always come around, but Landon gets his the minute the love of his life shows up on board. It's been two years since he walked away from her, choosing the Renegades over a life with her. A choice he's regretted everyday since, and is now known as Casanova for his reputation with women. (It's actually disgusting).

Rachel has avoided Landon for almost a week now, he has no idea she's on board the ship, but she's stuck there for 6 months, she'll have to face him eventually. She's been preparing for this moment for a long time, the day she comes face to face with the boy who destroyed her 18 year old heart two years ago. The boy who she gave up everything for, only for him to walk away from her and never look back. She won't let him do that to her again.

Landon...wow...he made some real d*ck moves as a kid, he messed up SO BAD that I'm surprised Rachel gave him the time of day at all. He walked away, chose his team over the girl he loved, and then the little twist at 80% that just nailed him inside his coffin of mistakes...he was such a prick! But he did grovel good. That's for sure. He knew every little hurtful comment and quip from Rachel was well deserved. He knew in order to win her over he'd have to do everything he did wrong the first time right this time. He wasn't giving up. And he didn't.

The drama in this book was real though!

BTW can the author kill off that Zoe b*tch please. She's basically the Renegade b*tchy girl and having her interfere with both Wilder and Landon's story...I'm over her. Kick her ass off the ship off the team. She's not important.
Profile Image for Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method).
1,603 reviews478 followers
November 12, 2017
Wish we could have had some scenes from when Wilder and Rachel were dating so we could have gotten the full gravitas of the situation, but Rebecca Yarros just skips over that fairly quickly in favor of dealing with the ghosting issue. That said, I love how she writes, I love all these characters, I'm addicted.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 333 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.