Start by marking “Sever (Closer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sever (Closer, #2)

Sever

(Closer #2)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  261 Ratings  ·  81 Reviews
Misery overstayed its welcome.

But fate will not be so easily swayed.

Gabriella Mason and Teller Reddy have walked a thin line between affection and hostility for years. The intensity that once set them on fire has ended their engagement and separated them by more than just miles.

Forced together by circumstances they never saw coming, Gabriella and Teller have no choice bu
Published April 5th 2018

Christy
Shelves: 2018-five-stars
5 stars!!!

“description”/

Sever is a book I've been waiting for for what feels like forever. Now that I've read it, I can say with complete confidence, it was well worth the wait. Mary Elizabeth has a writing style like no other. It's lyrical, poetic, and while reading her books, I go between reading too quickly because I'm so captivated, and trying to slow myself down so the book doesn't end so fast. Mary is a true story teller and I loved the story she gave us with Closer/Sever.

Ella and Teller's dysfunction
Malene
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, part-of-a-series
It’s so good to be back with Ella and Teller. Their relationship continues in the sequel Sever and picks up right where Closer ended. To say they’re addicted to one another would be an understatement. It goes deeper than that. They both know their behavior can be toxic and unhealthy but their love and need for one another trumps that. Ella and Teller truly loves each other. It’s intoxicating and earthshaking. When they’re around one another times stand still.
When they hit a rough patch in their
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
*****4.5 CRAZY AF STARS*****

I love me a crazy a relationship story! Crazy relationships are the best in real life too. I loved everything about Teller and Ella's relationship but my history might have them beat. I'm a crazy ass bitch too.

Review to come. . .
Melanie (mells_view)
We’re a bad habit gone rogue, but it’s time to reel this crap in.

A great conclusion to Ella & Teller’s rollercoaster of a story. Sever brings us to right about where Closer left off. Bouncing from past and present, and told from the dual POVs of Teller and Ella.

Sever packs the same emotional punch as Closer, with a few less heavy dips and turns in the ride. Yes these two are still going through it, and their friends and family are still rolling their eyes and trying to be supportive. We fina
The Book Bee
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dying-to-read
REVIEW: I Just Can't Right Now....
"To a fiend like him, my unease is delicious, and he licks his lips."

This story is the exact reason why I look forward to Mary Elizabeth's books. This is the reason I crave her words, her angst, and her stories. I make no secret as to how much I love angst and how much I love a painful love story. A truthfully painful love, no less. Well, Mary definitely made this one painful. I mean, she took stubborn to a whole 'nother level. Yes, I said 'nother because it f
Paige
5 “Never Left” Stars

The chaos that is Ella and Teller is magic. Their dysfunction is the epitome of co-dependence. They love hard and fast, brutally and all consuming. But no matter how messy their relationship is, it’s unavoidable, unstoppable and unending. No matter how much they hurt and break each other, their love lives on in the most heartbreaking of ways. Their story isn’t easy, their path isn’t clear but their connection is undeniable. No matter how fun Ella runs, or what Teller does, th
Butthisbook
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“We’re as addicted to the chaos as we were eight years ago. Madness is our culture. It’s our way of life. We come by it honestly.”

Ella & Teller are ridiculous and dysfunctional but they’re my favorite type of crazy. I wouldn’t want it any other way! 🙃
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talk about crazy in love.

Talk about painful devotion.

Talk about complicated destruction.

I have waited for what seems like forever to get my hands on the conclusion to a very, very, complicated relationship between Teller and Gabriella. This book starts out where Closer ended. Nothing has been resolved. Everything is madness. Everything is pain, amplified. Everything is love. Painful love. Everything is contagious, these characters & there version of normal, there kind of crazy. This story
B.B. Easton
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bravo, Mary! I didn't know how the hell you were going get the world's most dysfunctional couple, Teller and Ella, from where they were at the end of Closer to where they needed to be, but you did it! I feel like I watched them grow up, like they're real people, like they're family, and that is the mark of a damn good writer. I'll sleep easy tonight knowing that they finally got their HEA, their way.
Briana
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Teller and Ella for life!

Love is not always pretty. Sometimes its fucked up. And sometimes we get lucky and we find that person we are made for but what do we do when our soulmate could also be our own destruction? Teller Reddy and Gabriella Mason never do anything half way... much to their family's dismay this includes fighting. This volatile pair is full of passion and oh my gosh so much drama. But I LOVE IT! This two characters go beyond just a drama filled love story. They are about growth.
Nikki
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 65%
I can't take this book.
The characters are just so immature and it's the same shit every chapter. This doesn't even compare to book 1 at all, this is super disappointing because this book took like 2 years to write :/

Maybe I will come back to this one day but I can't read anymore right now.
Courtney
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

Yup - there is always one of us in the crowd and I am usually that one. :/ But bare with me and I will explain myself.

This is where we really need the half star rating system!!

Ok, so I apparently missed the boat on this one. I see so many 5 stars with this book and I feel like I missed something. Or maybe it was just bad timing in reading this book for me. I was so looking forward to reading this book, that I think maybe too much time passed for me between the books and I lost the "oo
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
“Never once have I given her a straight answer, because never once have I had one to give. We are a conundrum up fucked up. A disappointment bomb. Ella and I are wrecked and damaged. But we own it.” - Teller Reddy, Closer Book 1

It might have been about two years since I read Closer by Mary Elizabeth, but Teller and Ella’s story burned a hole in my brain. Out of all of the books I have read, this fictional couple’s chaotic and toxic romance stuck with me. They are the ultimate dysfunctional coupl
Vanessa (nessreads)
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "Dysfunctional at its finest" Stars!!!!!

To say I've been waiting for more Ella and Teller would be a huge understatement. Honestly, I've been waiting ever since I read the last word in Closer, no joke. I needed and wanted more of this crazy duo. And then FINALLY, Mary announced Sever was coming and it was the best birthday-Christmas gift I've ever gotten. My life, month, and year was made when I read the great news. My babies, I was getting
Terri Lynn
No edit / grammar mistakes
Plot is easy to follow
Main characters: Teller and Ella
Point of views: Both characters
I received an arc, It will not effect my opinion of this book! I always write my honest thoughts, likes, dislikes, and thoughts in my reviews. If there are any typo mistakes in the parts I share from the book, That is one hundred percent my fault not the authors. I always write my reviews as I read the book. My
Colleen Mc (The Book Lover Blog)
I'd been looking forward to reading Sever, as I had been wanting to find out how this pair would work through their issues ever since I finished Closer when it released in 2016. I was holding on to hope that this dysfunctional duo would finally find a way to be together happily, without all the insecurities and constant chaos.

Unfortunately, I didn't feel as though Teller and Ella's relationship showed much growth, change, or repair in this novel. For the vast majority of the story, the couple/
Misty Walker
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Smella are back and doing what they do best... dysfunction.

Mary Elizabeth is one of the most uniquely talented writers of our time and I honestly get sad when someone says they have not read one of her books. So if you are debating, turn around and read Closer first and then come back for this book. It’s worth it!

Ella and Teller have been painted so vividly from Closer to Sever, that they have become such real people. Their actions and reactions were felt so deeply that it could have been that
Gabby (bookstorecoffee)
Well.
I fcking devoured this book.

“He is wrecked, and I am damaged. But together, we’re going to be okay. Before we head back to our lives, I ask him once more, just to hear the words again, “Tell me what this is.” And without hesitation, he says, “This is everything.”

I love Mary’s writing and I love this story and Teller and Ella are my favorite. The end ☺
Paperback Princess
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Jessica
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author's words penetrate reader's heart heavy. Magic on the page not to be duplicated, manufactured. Experience unparallel to another's pretense.
Jill
"When two fuck-ups come together, chances are it'll end badly."

OK. I’m going to try my hardest to not fan girl during this review, but we all know how I feel about Mary Elizabeth, and if you don’t, well I’m sort of obsessed.

Sever, the second book following Closer, was seriously so amazing. If you’ve never read any of Mary’s books:
1. What are you waiting for?
2. She is seriously one of the most poetic, amazing, talented writers I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Seriously, her writing is so
Paige Smith
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sever is everything you want for the follow-up of Closer. Mary Elizabeth's writing is poetic, beautiful, angsty, a work of art. Just read it and fall in love with Teller all over again.
Melinda Gouge
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Teller and Ella. And not only because I love reading about dysfunctional people, but because I love their characters. I love how persistent Teller is with her and I love when Ella says things that we've all wanted to say at one point or another. But more than that, the relationship between these two is so rich. The character development is more than I could have asked for, even side characters. Ella's sister-in-law, Maby, has an interesting dynamic with Ella simply because of how Ella is ...more
Love N. Books
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ellie's $0.02:

I finally got the Teller and Ella I've been craving and wanting. Finally.

Mary Elizabeth is back and has nailed it with book two in the Closer series with Sever. In my humble opinion, this is even better than book one.

Teller and Ella are back with the rest of their story. The rest of their anger. The rest of their fighting. The rest of their hostility. The rest of these two terrorizing each other. Teller remains a dick, prick, and a jerk. Ella remains selfish and bitchy.

But their lo
Natasha
This was one of those stories that will stay with me forever. It is a beautiful story of fighting for love while all around thinks you should walk away. Tell and Ella have this strong pull towards each other and at times the pull is dysfunctional and other times it's a beautiful love story.

I love this quote and it truly explains their bond towards each other.
"We're addicted to the chaos as we were eight years ago. Madness is our culture. It's our way of life. We come by honestly"

They are in ch
Melissa Rob
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-romance
Well I've been waiting for this book to come out for so long and let me tell you it was worth the wait. I went into reading Closer not knowing it was a duet and at the end I just wanted more. I finally got my more. Teller and Smella are back again to show how us how dysfunctional they are.

"Tell me what this is" "Covering my mouth with my hands to keep from crying out, I squeeze my sad-soaked lashes. "I don't know," I whisper. "I'll tell you what it isn't baby" His voice is so close I feel his b
Rumi
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for SEVER to release for what feels like forever. And, boy, was the wait worth it!

Ella and Teller start off as friends when they first meet in CLOSER- the first book in the series. From the very beginning, lines are blurred. Their relationship is volatile and dysfunctional on a good day; you can’t help but want to cheer them one minute and be wary of them the next. They are equal parts perfect and completely wrong for each other, but Mary Elizabeth makes them work.

This story i
Emmbooks
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We’re heartmates.
Soulmates.
Don’t-ever-stop-loving-me-mates.

...........

After having this on my kindle for the last few days, I finally opened it up, took a deep breath and started chapter one.

Around two and a half hours later I finally let that breath out.

Sever is a gut clenching read for sure, but the beauty in there too? Oh man.

Mary Elizabeth has redefined dysfunctional relationships here. Teller and Ella are so imperfect they somehow made my heart sing as much as they broke it.

Don’t go i
United Indie Book Blog
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Teller and Ella are back! And in true form of themselves, we are set full force in drama, love and just utter chaos at times. Surprises are thrown in and the writing between characters and past and present is smooth and flows nicely. Love how the secondary characters are still a big part of the story and important in the characters lives and development. Teller and Ella aren't perfect and I'm hoping for a follow up!

Review by Raychel
Mary Elizabeth was born and raised in Southern California. She is a wife, mother of four beautiful children, and dog tamer to one enthusiastic Pit Bull and a prissy Chihuahua. She's a hairstylist by day but contemporary fiction, new adult author by night.

Mary can often be found finger twirling her hair and chewing on a stick of licorice while writing and rewriting a sentence over and over until i

Closer (2 books)