Start by marking “HAIKU RHAPSODIES (Verses from Ghana)” as Want to Read:
HAIKU RHAPSODIES (Verses from Ghana)

HAIKU RHAPSODIES (Verses from Ghana)

Haiku as a poetry genre originated in Japan in the 17th Century, and is traditionally written in three lines of 5-7-5 syllabic arrangement. Over the years, this form has evolved into 3-5-3 syllabic arrangement and yet still into a three line form; short, long, short.

Haiku in its simplest definition records a delightful and short moment in nature. A moment as short as the
Published September 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about HAIKU RHAPSODIES, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about HAIKU RHAPSODIES

Start your review of HAIKU RHAPSODIES (Verses from Ghana)
Gillena Cox
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
'Afriku' opens the rhapsody, with a serenade of rushing streams and weighted sun dances. Our hearts are steered to such samplings from nature's basket - of humanity, hunger and loss, and the mystery of divining.
These micro aha moments traverse to wider meanderings, for the inclusion of a Ghana secular in a global essence. Her chapter 'Nature'. Shares the richness of her terrain
At the chapter 'Haiku My Heart', i paused a little longer in reflection, for the naming of this chapter, made me go back
Lisa
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ghana, poetry, c21st, kindle, africa
If youve been following this blog for a while, you may remember that I have made the acquaintance of a poet called Celestine through her comments, and I have made reference to the haiku that she shares on her blog, Reading Pleasure. I subscribe to this blog, and so Celestines haiku pop into my inbox on a regular basis.

Haiku is, because of its apparent simplicity, more often a travesty of poetry, inane, banal and derivative, but Celestine has adapted this form to create small jewels of thought.
Kim
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Queen of Haiku

Celestine once called me the queen of Haiku. This was before she made an attempt to write her first. I just dabbled with writing a few but my heart wasn't into it.

It is a true reality to name Mrs. Celestine Nudanu the true Queen of Haiku. Her relationship with nature and her view upon life helps her words in visual art in the minds of those who read her words. Celestine is truly adept in the skill of weaving words into the poetry of Haiku.

Give yourself a treat and read this
Nana Prah
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book of poetry which I thoroughly enjoyed. The haiku were short (as is their nature), but poignant, drawing forth a range of emotions. My favorites were the ones about love, but the sad ones touched me the most.

Ms. Nudanu has created a wonderful compilation of haiku that will keep you entertained.
Alan Summers