Start by marking “El bufón dorado (El profeta blanco, #2)” as Want to Read:
El bufón dorado (El profeta blanco, #2)

El bufón dorado

(The Tawny Man #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  73,325 ratings  ·  1,523 reviews
Traspié ha rescatado al príncipe Dedicado de sus secuestradores y en el castillo de Torre de Alce la corte recupera la rutina aunque, ante la fragilidad del reino, Traspié decide trasladarse a la capital para proteger al heredero de las maquinaciones políticas que lo rodean.

En medio de tantos problemas, la única fuente de consuelo para Traspié es su amistad con el bufón. P
Tapa blanda con solapas, Spanish edition, 842 pages
Published November 17th 2016 by Fantascy (first published October 21st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about El bufón dorado, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El bufón dorado

·  73,325 ratings  ·  1,523 reviews

Start your review of El bufón dorado (El profeta blanco, #2)
Regan
Jul 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
for a book with arguably not a lot of plot, I could not stop reading it lol
Muhtasin Fuad
The Golden Fool (Realm of Elderlings #8, Tawny Man #2)
description
Definitely start with the Farseer Trilogy series, and the Liveship Traders before reading the Tawny Man series because somehow Hobb manages to weave this ever-growing world together gorgeously, making it appear natural and effortless. You will have a much richer appreciation of what is going on if you read everything in the written order.
It's all connected. When you save any part of the world, you've saved the whole world. In fact, that's
Petrik
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was almost another 5 stars read, this was almost as good as Fool’s Errand, but it wasn’t due to the second book syndrome that is quite evident here.

The Golden Fool is almost completely a preparation and transition book for the big conclusion in the next installment. It’s all about laying foundations and moving the characters to have the right convictions and motivation to save the world. Though, knowing Fitz, he’ll probably brood about it still. Because of this plot direction, there’s close
Sean Barrs
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-reads, fantasy
Fitz is in a bad way, and it’s not surprising considering what happened at the end of the last novel. We all knew it was coming eventually, but I honestly didn’t expect it so soon. I guess age finally catches up with us all. But for Fitz, he has lost half his soul; he will never be quite the same again.

Is this an excuse to finally return?

What his loss has granted him is loneliness. And this forces him back into an old life. He picks up the old tools of the trade, his axe and his poisons: he r
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This is more like a 3.5. They talked about peeps and things from the Liveship books. Oh the joy!! 😊. I loved that so much!!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Jade Ratley
Jul 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
9.71 on CAWPILE. My favourite Hobb yet.
Sheyla ✎
Golden Fool is full of intrigue and secrets. Some of them revealed, some of them waiting to come out in the next book, I hope.

The Prince is now in Buckkeep and Fitz and the Fool are playing their parts. The Fool is Lord Golden and Fitz is known as Lord Golden's bodyguard, Tom Badgerlock.

Many things are happening simultaneously:

The Piebalds are still trying to hurt the Prince and unmasked him as someone who is Witted.

The betrothal ceremony of Dutiful and the Narcheska Elliania of the Out Islands
Deborah Obida
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, fantasy
One man armed with the right word may do what an army of swordsmen cannot.

Golden Fool is the second book in the Tawny Man Trilogy, this book didn't exactly suffer from middle book syndrome, it's more like the author used this book as a preparation for the third book, Golden Fool just set things in place for what would happen in the final book.

Just how a preparation for a journey is as important as the journey itself, that's what this book is to the series. There are lots of factors in this b
Ashleigh (a frolic through fiction)
*Rated 4.5/5 stars!
Samantha
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this to bits! Especially the last few pages. Cannot wait for book 3 to arrive so I can dive right back in!
Hanne
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
After reviewing 7 previous Robin Hobb books, I feel like a broken record. So instead of making a new review, I decided to dig up all the previous ones and mash them together:

Some of the biggest sized words read: I just really love.

And I do!
I love her writing.
I love her characters (well, most of them. the others, i just love despising them)
I love how she makes me care.
I love how she keeps me guessing.

And most of all, I love how I have five more books to go set in this world. Four more days and
Kaitlin
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-sff-faves
What is this book...? Well, it's the continuation of Fitz's storyline. It's also the continuation of the Fool's storyline and Bukkeep's storyline. I would also go so far as to say that this is the continuation of the Elderlings world. This book, although focused on Fitz most of the time, is actually a story which traverses the boundaries of the two series we've previously read in this world. Whilst before now we have had small easter egg references to events or people within one of the other ser ...more
Em Lost In Books
“You seek a false comfort when you demand that I define myself for you with words. Words do not contain or define any person. A heart can, if it is willing.”

Robin Hobb certainly knows how to spin a tale. I was rapt with her words, even though Fitz was drowning himself in pity and remorse. I was still turning pages when Fitz was planning (only planning) to kill all and get over with this ordeal. I finished the book and said wow, this was fantastic. That’s how magical her tales are.

I know I di
Jennifer (Insert Lit Pun)
Close to 5 stars. This trilogy is murdering me right in the feelings. I'm almost afraid to read the third book - I need an emotional breather for a bit before I dive in. I'll be doing a video review on Hobb's first three fantasy trilogies (no spoilers) after I finish Tawny Man, so stay tuned for more thoughts. ...more
Kaora
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say this is my favorite Robin Hobb book, but that is like saying it is not my favorite type of chocolate. It's still fucking delicious.

I just felt that this one dragged a bit more and while a lot happened there was really no resolution. It is the second book in a trilogy, but in the first book I felt like things were accomplished even though it was nowhere near the end.

Then I started this and so many plots were set into motion that I'm not sure how she can wrap them all up in one more bo
Penny
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More of the same awesomeness on to the next one!
David Sven
I'm enjoying this Trilogy so far even more than the previous two in the series. Robin Hobb's writing is either getting better or I am just increasingly more invested in the characters of her world - probably both. Either way, Hobb's characterization is second to none. She can make you feel the joy of friendship rekindled or the rift of a lover's quarrel or the grief that come's with a close companion's death. Let us now pause a moment to remember NightEyes...

The other thing that made this book v
Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods*
BLLLAAARGLE GLAAARRCH BLUCCHH AAAAAAGLFFTHAWNNNNNN.

That's how good these books are: I have no words. Give me a ridiculously awful book and I will hit the Goodreads review character limit expounding on all the ways it is unbelievably bad, but give me something unbelievably great like this and I don't know what to say other than, "It's just so good! Arglebargle!!"

As the middle book of a trilogy within a broader series, it tackles a lot of material. The prior book was dominated by the quest to reco
Pranav Prabhu
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Tawny Man Trilogy is another great entry, though I do prefer Fool's Errand more. The Piebalds, the main antagonists that were driven back in the last book make a return here, although in a smaller capacity. I find the Piebalds very interesting antagonists, since they represent an extremist faction of an oppressed people.

Through their plotlines in these two books, Hobb explores themes surrounding discrimination and ingrained prejudice, while showing the nuances and complex
Emma
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like fast pacing and high action, walk away! This story introduces one of my favourite characters, Thick, a ‘dim-wit ‘ serving boy who becomes an essential part of Dutiful’s coterie. As always with Hobb’s writing, the deep, thoughtful details and awareness of the human psyche are an invaluable part of her books. It pained my heart to see the Fool and Fitz so out of sync in this one. I love that Fitz, our ‘hero’ is no hero and makes many mistakes and missteps and yet tries to do the right ...more
Helene Jeppesen
This book was good, but for the most part I felt like it was just filling in the story between the first and the third book in this Tawny Man trilogy. Not a lot happens, and everything is a build-up to the big adventure we will encounter in book three.
I wasn't at any point eager to get back to this book and read it, but when I did read I liked it because it is entertaining and in many ways thought-provoking. Fitz is a likeable man, and that goes for almost all of the other characters as well.
So
Lema
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
If I want to approach this book in a subjective way, I would say it definitely is a filler and a set up for events to come. If I want to approach it realistically from a point of view of someone who had invested so much time and effort (AND FEELS) into this series, then I have to say that this book gave me life (AND FEELS) and I enjoyed every single second of it.

I'm lazy as eff and I immediately started Fool's Fate because IM WEAK AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH MA BABIES, so this is will be
Derf H
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely flying through these in a reread whilst in a reading slump. Still as easy to read as the first time round. A solid 4 ⭐️
Chris
Here we are again, the middle book of a Hobb trilogy. I really think she hits her stride in these second books. The pace has built up a bit from the first, and it sets up the third one nicely.

There were a couple of emotional scenes in this that are certainly appreciated by a long time reader of this overall series. I won't go into it, but they alone made this book something special. I hope they are a good preview of what's to come in Book #3, which I'll be starting soon.
Michelle Morrell
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, x-read-2017
More of the same, if that more included staying up way too late each night, ignoring my life so I can pretend I'm a 30-something royal bastard assassin and visceral emotions running the gamut from horror to delight to despondency to the sad slow head shake of inevitability. So crazily well written it hurts.

My only complaint is people in this book need to stop concerning themselves about what goes on in two consenting adults's bedchambers. Evolve already!
James
May 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Great book, loved how much every relationship felt moved forward, for better or for worse. I do wish the piebalds and old blood had a bit more drama to it but I have a feeling that could happen in book 3. Much different type of ending compared to the book 2's of the first two trilogies in ROTE.
Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷
Nov 11, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷ by: Halima
Shelves: fantasy
My dear goodread friends Halima says I should totally read this book.

Let's find out if she is right about it ;)
Abbie | ab_reads
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars - cannot believe I read this in 3 days, thank you 8inTwo readathon!!
Kylie
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot dang, Robin Hobb. I think I’m falling in love.
Em

This is my third time of reading The Tawny Man series and I still enjoy it just as much as the first time. The Golden Fool doesn't have middle book syndrome, there isn't much of a plot but a lot happens and it's all about exploring and building relationships between Fitz, Fool, Dutiful, Chade and of course Thick. It is in fact my favourite of all the books in the series.

It's extremely painful to read in parts, especially the explosive argument between Fitz and the Fool. It was upsetting to see

• Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)
  • Before They Are Hanged (The First Law, #2)
  • Last Argument of Kings (The First Law, #3)
  • The Shadow of the Gods (The Bloodsworn Saga, #1)
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Ruin (The Faithful and the Fallen, #3)
  • Wrath (The Faithful and the Fallen, #4)
  • The Trouble with Peace (The Age of Madness, #2)
  • Best Served Cold
  • Red Country (First Law World, #6)
  • Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2)
  • The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard, #3)
  • Malice (The Faithful and the Fallen, #1)
  • The Heroes (First Law World, #5)
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
  • Sharp Ends (First Law World, #7)
  • The Blinding Knife (Lightbringer, #2)
  • A Gallery of Mothers (Brathius History #2)
See top shelves…
** I am shocked to find that some people think a 2 star 'I liked it' rating is a bad rating. What? I liked it. I LIKED it! That means I read the whole thing, to the last page, in spite of my life raining comets on me. It's a good book that survives the reading process with me. If a book is so-so, it ends up under the bed somewhere, or maybe under a stinky judo bag in the back of the van. So a 2 st ...more

The Tawny Man (3 books)
  • Fool's Errand (Tawny Man, #1)
  • Fool's Fate (Tawny Man, #3)