Start by marking “The Four Agreements Toltec Wisdom Collection: The Four Agreements/The Mastery of Love/The Voice of Knowledge” as Want to Read:

This three-book set by bestselling author don Miguel Ruiz offers his most widely acclaimed works: mainly about ourselves.
Published September 1st 2008 by Amber-Allen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Four Agreements Toltec Wisdom Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Four Agreements Toltec Wisdom Collection

Start your review of The Four Agreements Toltec Wisdom Collection: The Four Agreements/The Mastery of Love/The Voice of Knowledge
Saquina Akanni
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Four Agreements Toltec Wisdom Trilogy Collection is truly profound. I had purchased all three of these books and the collection was given to me as a gift. These are amazing books by a widely acclaimed author who inspired me on my journey to transformation and change. The collection offers insights on the first steps to transformation using Toltec wisdom, which illuminates wisdom and perspective on conduct, love and knowledge.

There are three books in the set: "The Four Agreements" is the firs
Cindy Segura
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have read these books several times. They definately were life changing. I am still on a journey to spiritual happiness, but I am better than before ever reading Don Miguel's books. Thank goodness I found them:)
Ridgewalker
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A friend recommended this book and I quite enjoyed it. This is a book that helps you discover yourself a bit more and hopefully helps you to move further in your efforts to let go of the "dream" that life has put you in; all those things that you do not question, that you believe are true, that are in fact lies. In this respect the parallels to Zen are very strong, in that both paths seek to help you to awaken from the dream you are in. This book takes the form of doing that through four agreeme ...more
Karie Herring
A great read about simple living and the outlook on life. To finding inner peace and happiness. Relinquishing the ideals of control.
Erick French
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How does our integrity connect us to our soul? Read this book.
Boneza Hanchock
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great lessons for life and love. Perfect book to re-read again and again.
HONLUE Musa Stephen
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
In this book Miguel reveals the Toltec wisdoms to help humans find peace and love.
The four agreements are:
- Having an impeccable word: this means sharing love and live. Using our words to elevate, praise and celebrate others. Using our words to build people around us. Avoid all sorts of curses using our words and always try to say the truth.
- Don't take things personally: whatever people say or do around us, what ever situation happening, we should learn not to take things personal and live and
MaryLynn
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a strange book. I found the artwork and the layout of the book distracting. I found parts of the book completely hokey. And yet, the concepts and insights of the four agreements were powerful and liberating. It felt like a complete mishmash, but I would still recommend it highly. I would suggest trying to find an edition that is not so stylized in the layout. Give me a simple, straightforward book every time!
Maryam Ishak
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Really basic advice and very low reading level. Might be helpful for young teens. Basically tells the read about the strength of our words and advises to think before you talk, don’t take anything personally, don’t make assumptions, good or bad, when people say or do things to you, it’s driven by their own self, work your hardest and do your best always.
Rick
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like all other self-help books this book gives great advice and how to improve your life by forgiving others and even forgiving yourself it is a great read. How can anybody bash a book that has been to improve your life... if you have an answer for that then you should read this book.
Marlee Martel
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I think this book has a place and a way in which it would appeal to many.
I personally found it a little over simplified. Still, that made for a quick read. I don’t at all disagree with the book’s intent though.
Martina Mázdrová
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book. I feel like this book should be read by every person. The agreements may seem obvious buy there are less obvious in our practice... Life would be so much easier and much more joyful if we were all following these
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
The four agreements themselves are excellent and I believe will help me live my life without as much stress. However, I did not understand the way the author explained the life we were in now.
Michele Chamberlain
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enlightening, awakening, spiritually satisfied. These books really spoke to me. I enjoyed reading them slowly taking each chapter in like wholesome food to satisfy the spirit.
Diana Bogan
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
I like the principles of the four agreements. The analogies used and the author's overall writing style just weren't for me.
Lebogang Madise
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No fluff, really brilliant. Best way I can describe this book is Where Robina Sharma, Paulo Coelho and Rhonda Byrne meet. I'll probably be re-reading it a few times over the course of my life.
Daniel
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another old favorite that is always good to revisit.
Situ Manandhar
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read... He has explained very deep things, in a very beautiful manner. Simple yet very powerful.
Karen
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an incredible work. Brilliant. Must read.
Nicky
Feb 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
I found this book to have a very negative perspective on life
Danielle Downey
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. I dip in and out of daily. Thank you for writing this
Lixin
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read it few years ago, some of the principles in here are very useful in life!!! So, I read it again!
Andrea
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: literature
Deceptively simple but profoundly deep Toltec Wisdom. Don't just read this book practice the agreements.
Terry Rupple
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will read this again and again.
Karem Ben Chikha
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was totally touched by those agreements
Kelly
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and motivating book. A guide on how to live a life of happiness and less suffering. I will be rereading in the future as a reminder.
Kathryn Levenson
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I used it as part of a group therapy on grieving and reread it again. Takes practice, but does help simplify your life. Eliminate the drama.
Bill Flynn
Jun 20, 2012 rated it liked it
I give this a median rating, but I really think it is below that. And that comes from my expectations going in. This is not at the level of the Tao or any of the other old texts. It is a rather simple description of what Sr. Ruiz thinks is the way people should behave.

And more than anything else, that is what I reject the most strongly. I grew up Catholic. I studied for the priesthood. I know all about people telling people what to do and when. And his discussions left me wanting more. There's n
Ashley
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is probably my third or fourth time reading his work. I love his philosophy - so simple and such a useful way at looking at the world and your relationships. Although this definitely has a tint of self-help, I think of them more as spiritual, philosophical texts. He basically lays out ways of viewing yourself and your place in the world/relationships so that you can be closest to your original, free state of being. If you read all three books there is repetition but it is helpful - probably ...more
Pınar
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Because of this book, now I understand better people who complain everything and think negatively all the time. I understand and don't judge them anymore. I understand and accept them as they are and know that everyone has a different perception of reality. The only person we can change is ourselves. The more we change positively the more we have much more joyous lives. The key is to heal ourselves, our minds. The rest takes care of itself.

• The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations on Codependency (Hazelden Meditation Series)
  • The Management of Savagery: How America's National Security State Fueled the Rise of Al Qaeda, ISIS, and Donald Trump
  • The Mastery of Self: A Toltec Guide to Personal Freedom
  • Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing
  • Y colorín colorado este cuento aún no se ha acabado
  • What Falls Away: A Memoir
  • Men, Women, and Worthiness: The Experience of Shame and the Power of Being Enough
  • Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System
  • Just Being Difficult?: Academic Writing in the Public Arena
  • Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority
  • Angel Numbers: The Messages and Meaning Behind 11:11 and Other Number Sequences
  • A Bound Woman Is a Dangerous Thing: The Incarceration of African American Women from Harriet Tubman to Sandra Bland
  • The Willie Lynch Letter And the Making of A Slave
  • No Secrets No Lies: How Black Families Can Heal from Sexual Abuse
  • It's Not the End of the World: Developing Resilience in Times of Change
  • Paquete katzenbach. Vol. 4
  • How Life Imitates Chess: Making the Right Moves, from the Board to the Boardroom
  • The Mind Illuminated: A Complete Meditation Guide Integrating Buddhist Wisdom and Brain Science
The tools shared by don Miguel are based on common sense and shared with such simplicity, that the universal message underlying his teaching is recognized by many. don Miguel's message is simple, practical and when implemented, even incrementally, changes lives.

In the tradition of the Toltec, a Nagual guides an individual to personal freedom. Combining new insights with old wisdom, don Miguel has

News & Interviews

“1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.”
2 likes
“2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.”
1 likes