Start by marking “Shattered By Death: A Jo Oliver Thriller Book Two” as Want to Read:
Shattered By Death: A Jo Oliver Thriller Book Two

Shattered By Death: A Jo Oliver Thriller Book Two

(Jo Oliver Thriller #2)

When Josie's abusive, soon-to-be-ex-husband had an affair with another woman, she could have murdered them. When someone does, she is the prime suspect and the only one who can solve the case.

The murder of Jo Oliver’s dead-beat husband, and one well-placed sledgehammer, turns the
beloved small town police chief into public enemy number one. Jo teams up with her old
flame
Published August 26th 2016 by Anchored Productions

Start your review of Shattered By Death: A Jo Oliver Thriller Book Two
Diginee
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down!

"Shattered by Death" was VERY well written and fast paced. I was surprised at the twists and turns. The author had obviously done their homework in relation to police investigations. This is the second in the Jo Oliver Thriller series and it is a series that you do not want to miss . . .

I NEVER would have suspected the outcome to be what it was . . . and now, I am eagerly awaiting the next book in the series.

My single negative - and there are absolutely no others .
Joyful
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered by Death is a fast paced, well written novel, with twist and turns. Jo Oliver is divorcing her abusive husband when he and his girlfriend are murdered. Jo must discover who wants to destroy her and is guilty of committing these murders. There is some romance, mystery, and it ends in a cliffhanger. I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Julia
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered By Death by Catherine Finger is a contemporary Christian thriller and the second book in the Jo Oliver series. It can however be read as a stand-alone.
Catherine Finger presents another fabulous thriller with action that keeps the reader guessing to the end.
The novel is written in the first person from the point of view of police chief Jo Oliver. The reader become intimately acquainted with her. Jo is a very realistically drawn character. She is incredibly strong as a police officer but
Joanne Osmond
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catherine nailed it again. I was eager to read the second Jo Oliver mystery and wasn’t disappointed by her writing style or message. I am enthralled by the way the author blends a great story (that I could barely put down) and addresses social issues that are relevant in our society today. She cleverly melds emotions on sensitive topics with actions and graphically demonstrates the impact on not only the victim, but on friends, family, and foe. Beautifully done! I can’t wait to read more books w ...more
Lee
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an intense story! This is an emotional, suspenseful book with Jo Oliver the target of a crazed killer. Definitely a book that is hard to put down and a beautiful love story also. It was heartrending, Jo trying to decide if she can really trust Nick with her heart after the abuse and betrayal of her husband, Del. As the story goes, more and more people are murdered, and it's obvious, someone is trying to make Jo Oliver look like a killer. It's an edge of your seat plot, which twists in many ...more
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, celebrate-lit
“I was playing centerfield in a murder investigation, and I didn’t like standing up alone in the heat.”

As I’ve mentioned in my reviews of books three and four, the blog tours for the Jo Oliver Thrillers series are in reverse publication order. Normally I would never read a series out of order, but due to time constraints I did not have a choice in this case. As a result, I went into “Shattered by Death” with a basic overview of the plot and the identity of the murderer. Strangely enough, I actua
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Jo Oliver’s divorce is not turning out good. He keeps wanting more and more from Jo and he doesn’t deserve anything! Where her thoughts of wanting he and his mistress dead comes to life, she is the prime suspect. Jo is doing everything she can to clear her name. Calling in FBI agent Nick to help solve this mystery is the only thing she can do.

This book is surely a fast paced thriller, murder mystery, suspense. It has it all. There is a lot going on here in the story as w
Toni Shiloh
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in the Jo Oliver series and it was just as great as the first one. I loved seeing the people I fell in love with in the first book. Gino, always willing to give Spiritual advice regarding life and manners of the heart. Nick, who is always there when you need him. Mitch, the stalwart right-hand. And of course, Jo.

This book picks up after the first one although, Jo has new problems. It was interesting how she had to deal with trust regarding her friends as well as God. It's amazing
Linda Rainey
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 continues the roller coaster ride started in Book 1.
The story would slow down for a minute then wham it would hit you in your gut.
Jo Oliver is caught up divorcing her abusive husband, then he is murdered along with his girlfriend.
This starts Jo on a journey of discovery to defend herself and to find won is responsible and wants to destroy her life.
She talks to God but doesn't let go and let God take over.
I loved the complex characters and storyline but hated the cliffhanger ending.
On to B
Deanna Stevens
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
What a scene to walk into! As a Police chief she has investigated some murder scenes but... her husband and his mistress! Just as they are getting ready to finalize their divorce, Jo stops by to collect some personal items from her once home and finds a gruesome double murder. What a ride we go on as Jo must prove herself innocent and discover who hates her so much to frame her for this and some other murders that appear to be related to this one. Wow, such action right up to the last page! I wa ...more
Marla
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I didn't want to put this book down! There is so much suspense and action I wanted to keep reading to see what would happen next. I love the characters and I love Jo's humanity displayed for us to see throughout the book. She is human with real strengths and weaknesses. I am going to get the first book in the series and read it too! I was given a copy of the book to read and to provide an honest review.
JoAnn
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered by Death is a terrific Christian romance/suspense. It is one of those edge of your seat nail biting books. Well written with a great plot and characters. Left me waiting impatiently for the next book. If you enjoy good clean suspense this could be the book for you. I received a copy of the book from the publisher for this honest review.
Robin
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breath taking thriller. What a ride in this second book in the Jo Oliver thriller series. Oh my goodness, I didn't see that coming for quite a while. Ended in a real cliff hanger and I can't wait to read the next in this series. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Deana Dick
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author is at the top of my list for suspense writers . She easily puts faith elements throughout the story in very specific places that heighten the character’s flaws. I had to stop in the middle of reading the book to jot down notes. I didn’t want to forget anything that I felt were important for readers to know.

You can read the back cover and find out what the book is about. I want to highlight Josie so that readers will understand how powerful this story is. Josie is the chief of police
Deb Haggerty
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deb’s Dozens: She’s So Angry, She Could Murder Her Husband—Then Somebody Does—Not Jo!

Jo Oliver is the Haversport Chief of Police, enmeshed in a messy divorce from her abusive husband and her replacement. The divorce is not going well, and Jo entertains pleasant thoughts of killing them both. Then somebody does and Jo is forced to call in the message of the double murder of her estranged husband, Del, an officer in the force and his mistress. Her second call is to her best friend, Nick Vitarello,
Amy
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book two in the Jo Oliver Thriller series, and no I still haven't learned my lesson. I am just going to read this series backwards.

Besides unintentionally doing that and time constraints, I have really been enjoying this series. I like that we are in Jo's head, everything we see is in her viewpoint. She is a new believer by this point and trying to finalize the adoption of her daughter Samantha. Nick is in the picture and not marrying him is one of her biggest mistakes.

In this chapter sh
April
In Shattered by Death, I find that Ms. Finger uses a similar framework in this book and Anchored in Death, e.g. framing of an innocent person. And although it didn’t feature as prominently in Anchored by Death, it’s the main focus of this novel. No one likes to be accused of something they didn’t do and it’s a million times worse when you’re the police chief. Doubts creep in and that crack in self-confidence allows evil to whisper in Jo’s ear. This framing of the novel fits neatly with her strug ...more
Connie Saunders
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jo Oliver has a lot on her plate. She is going through a messy divorce while waiting for her adoption of a teenager to be finalized. She is also the Chief of Police who has become a suspect when her estranged husband and his girl friend are found murdered, and later, as more murders occur, all of the clues point to her. Who wants everyone to believe that Chief Jo is a serial killer? Who has added her name to their list of victims? Will this prevent Samantha from becoming her legal daughter? Is i ...more
Ruth Hill
I was sent a copy of this book for review purposes. I was not financially compensated and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

This is the second book I have read in this series, but this is book #2. I read book #4 as well, and I have to admit that reading these books out of order is NOT recommended! I spent so much time feeling lost and not understanding the characters, but I do not hold the author culpable for this oversight on my part.

First of all, this is a Christian thriller with nothing that
Rebecca Tews
While Shattered by Death was not my favorite mystery I have read, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.
The main character, Jo Oliver, the chief of police, is framed for the murder of her ex-husband and his mistress. She has to find the killer before she’s arrested and the murders start piling up.

While the book is part of a series, it is one that can stand alone. However, I did not read the previous book in the series and I felt like I was missing out on something while reading it. It’s not like I was e
Pam
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
One disadvantage to reading a series backwards is knowing the culprit when you begin reading the second book shortly after reading the third one. Fortunately The author did not provide an excessive amount of details and therefore my enjoyment of Shattered by Death was not particularly hindered. This is the primary reason I always recommend reading a series in order if at all possible.

In this installment, Josie not only discovers the bodies of her murdered husband and the other woman, she is the
Erin
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: celebrate-lit
Shattered by Death is the second book in a series of books called A Jo Oliver Thriller. I have previously read and reviewed books 3 and 4. I would not recommend reading them out of order as they are definitely written to go in order. Start with book one and go from there.

These are good books with lots of mystery and suspense. You’re going to be reading at top speed to see if who you suspect is actually the bad guy or not. Plus they’re just fun to read! The characters are compelling and make you
Tabitha Bouldin
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
What an explosive second book in this wonderful series. Jo is one of those characters who hits the ground running. She absolutely runs away with this story and takes the reader along for the ride.

When Jo finds herself in a heap of trouble, there are only a handful of people who might stand by her side, and one who just might not mind staying there forever.

There is a good deal of mystery and tension throughout the story, and Jo is never certain of just who she can trust. Even those who should be
Joan
May 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked the plot of this mystery. Someone is framing Police Chief Jo, causing a great deal of tension within her police department. She has to investigate the murders while battling the doubt of her deputies and her own struggle to trust those close to her.

I have trouble liking Police Chief Jo. She is just not my idea of a heroine. She often exhibits immature behavior: “My inner sixth grader made an appearance.” (Loc 710) She often loses her cool. (Loc 1814) She doesn't control her speech: “That
Debbie
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Shattered by Death" by Catherine Finger is a book that literally kept me guessing who the bad guy was and then when it was revealed, it was hard to believe.
This is the second book of the series, but it is an enjoyable read. In fact, I have read the entire series out of order and it wasn't hard to follow alone as the plot are all different.
I like the faith element in this story. I love this quote "All I ask is that you bring your fears into the light. Remember, God is not a God of fear.But of p
Amanda
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Of all the genres that I typically read, suspense and thrillers are among my favorite. This story was one of the “grittier” thrillers that I’ve read in Christian fiction (graphic descriptions that are not for the faint of heart) but I liked that about this book. Often I find that Christian suspense tends to barely scratch of the surface of murder related stories and I appreciated that this author delved a little deeper into it.

The story is book 2 in a series and often, especially in Christian fi
Patti Pierce
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of murder, mayhem, and a search to find faith in God, this story has quite a bit to offer. I must say this book really captured my attention. Josie is trying to adopt Sam while dealing with her impending divorce from her husband. When trouble finds Josie, Nick is the first person to call.

Sam plays only a small part in this book, while Nick provides a lot to the storyline. I also love how the idea of police chief having to deal with being a suspect herself is handled in the storyline.

I love
Melissa
This book had some violent murder scenes. The author did not hold back in describing those.

From very close to the beginning I was pretty sure I knew it was behind the murders and I was disappointed that I was correct. I honestly wanted the author to surprise and she didn’t…

I found it annoying the Nick constantly called Josie “beautiful.” The first time, okay, I get that, the second time, which wasn’t long after the first, I kind of went, hmmm. The third time I cringed and after that I inwardly r
Lucy
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this is Book two in A Jo Oliver Thriller it read perfectly fine as a stand-alone. This reads like riding on a curvy country road with lots of twists, turns, and switchbacks. This is a new author to me and I found it enjoyable. I could definitely identify with the feelings of betrayal that Jo experienced. I love being kept guessing in a who done it, but I solved this early on. I still kept turning pages to make sure I was right and to find out the motivation that drove the killer. I love ...more
Emily Yager
Okay, so I haven't read book one in this story. This book seems to pick up right where the first book ended; which left me trying to sort everything out in the beginning.

Shattered by Death is a fast-paced, intense clean thriller that takes you on a roller-coaster ride. There is a lot that is going on in this story. Even a few nail-biting twists woven in to keep you on edge.

There were a few minor points I had issues with, but that could be because I didn't read the first book. Warning. This boo

• Secrets Resurfaced (Roughwater Ranch Cowboys, #4)
  • Dead Silence
  • The Green Dress
  • Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses, #3)
  • The Sugar Baron's Ring (The Leeward Islands, #3)
  • The Socialite
  • Blood Sisters
  • When I Meet You (Tree of Life #3)
  • Texas Twin Abduction (Cowboy Lawmen #1)
  • The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)
  • One Hundred Valleys
  • On a Coastal Breeze (Three Sisters Island, #2)
  • Dark Water (Lantern Beach Blackout #1)
  • Terror in the Skies (Turbulent Skies #1)
  • Amish Country Murder
  • Valley of Shadows (Valley Creek Redemption, #2)
  • God Sees Her: 365 Devotions for Women by Women
  • Women of the Bible Speak Out: Stories of Betrayal, Abuse, Healing, and Hope

Jo Oliver Thriller (4 books)
  • Cleansed by Death (A Jo Oliver Thriller, #1)
  • Anchored by Death (Jo Oliver #3)
  • Capsized by Death (A Jo Oliver Thriller Book 4)