Start by marking “Running Mate” as Want to Read:
Running Mate

Running Mate

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  3,219 Ratings  ·  373 Reviews
Barrett

The name’s Barrett Callahan. Yeah, that Barrett Callahan—the one the press dubbed “Bare” after those naked sexting pictures surfaced. At twenty-five, I was armed with an MBA from Harvard, an executive position at my father’s Fortune 500 company, a penthouse, and a different piece of delectable eye candy in my bed every weekend. I had a life most men dreamed of. But
Published March 1st 2017 by Katie Ashley Productions

NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was an ok read for me until about 85ish%. The h ticked me off! She was so stupid in the way she pushed the H away! It seemed completely out of nowhere and I didn't even understand her reasoning. She basically blamed the H for what happened in her past relationship and because he hadn't settled down in the past -- and she did it in a kind-of extreme way! They finally get together and then she pulls this crap?!? I was over it. Another issue I had with the book was the
Carmen Rae
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
Ok I really feel I have to start this by saying I am a complete idiot. I have been waiting for this book for so long because I love the writing style of Katie Ashley and the blurb sounded awesome. The issue was I got so caught up in what I thought I was getting from this book that it took me a while to reconcile that wasn’t what I was getting.

I thought it was going to be a funny, sexy, light romance about a fake relationship, instead it was slightly more serious and had a lot of political inform
Shayna
OMG! This was INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS! One of my FAVORITE Katie Ashley books to date! So hilarious! So sexy! So entertaining! I never wanted it to end!

If only real life politics were this exciting! Gorgeous and cocky Barrett Callahan is brought to his knees by the ever so feisty campaign staffer, Addison Monroe. These two are oil and water, but the attraction is ELECTRIC! The hate/love relationship they have is intense and it slowly grows into something incredibly beautiful. I just LOVE IT when the
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Haha, this read was cute. Addison and Barrett were each other's ying to their yang. They could get a rise out of the other and yet they meshed so perfectly.

Addison, this gal is all about business and has her hands full trying to undertake the task of whipping into shape the Senator's son who has tarnished his image for his scandalous reputation. Most of you can kind of guess where this leads, as Addison is then thrown into a fake engagement with Barrett, and the lines of business and pleasure st
Rejane
London
Mar 01, 2017 marked it as hell-fucking-no
No thank you
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
It's been less than 24 hours since I finished this and that plot has already begun to dissipate from my thoughts.

It was a fake relationship, the blurb promised awesomeness, and the rating gave me hope. Add all that together and how could I not dive into this?! My heart was in it before I even begun. I was so beyond prepared to love it despite that little irritating voice in my head that whispered to not get my hopes up. I should have listened.

Have you ever heard the saying, dripping water hollow
Anne OK
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Casting my vote for Katie Ashley's latest release! A winner for sure. Loved this easy, fun and sexy romp on the campaign trail.

However, there were a few "what the heck" moments where I questioned the timeline on Senator Callahan. There was one place where his birth year was shown as 1943 and a chapter or two later, he was said to have just turned 60. Doesn't balance when I did the math. Threw me out of the story for a bit while I did some calculating, but it wasn't a big takeaway from the story
Desirée
4.5 Estrellitas Presidenciales

La trama es sobre un Senador que necesita que el 2do de sus hijos, un playboy declarado, entre en una relación falsa con una mujer hasta las votaciones presidenciales, para poder ayudarlo en la campaña por la nominación de su candidatura a la presidencia. Así que James Callahan escoge a la candidata perfecta, a Addison una mujer de 26 años que trabaja en su campaña, y le explica el plan para hacer que mejore la reputación de su hijo Barrett de 27 años, finguiendo es
Fanny
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it

Desde el instante en el que leo " Fake Relationship " en una sinopsis siento un deseo irrefrenable de leer el libro xDD ( empiezo a pensar que se ha convertido en una obsesion ), es algo que no puedo evitar, es uno de los cliches que mas me gustan y aunque no todas las historias que he leido de esta tematica me han gustado, si que tengo que reconocer que varias de mis lecturas favoritas tienen ese rango en comun.

Running Mate fue justo lo que imaginaba, las reseñas que lei eran totalmente opuesta
Grecia Robles
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
3 STARS

No fue la gran cosa, fue entretenido, una lectura fácil, sin complicaciones, ademas contando que estoy en una racha donde las lecturas de relaciones fingidas me persiguen y me encuentran.
Esperaba un poco más de este libro por su temática y todo, el principio fue divertido eso de odio entre los protagonistas y teniendo que fingir que se amaban, pero llegó un punto donde la historia se desinfló sobre todo al final porque ese drama final de la Addison fue absurdo y no tenía el peso suficien
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews
If only real life politics could give us a family like the Callahans. Barrett comes from a upper class, political family, he’s a bit of a manwhore and proud of it. Addison has worked her way up in the political world, had a big set back by trusting the wrong man, and has once again started rebuilding her career by working on Senator Callahan’s presidential campaign.

Senator Callahan is the favorite candidate but not enough that he feels secure he will win the election, the only possible blemish
Jan
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funny,great characters told in dual pov's and a standalone.

I give Running mate 4 hung like a bear stars.

A fun read with a presidential campaign theme.

Barett is the manwhore wild boy of the Senators son who needs to tame his reputation for the good of his Father's campaign and his advisors come up with a plan of a fake fiancé.

Addison is a take no crap kind of girl, I loved her character she's also someone who puts her all into what she believes in so as a worker for Senator Callahan's campain
Sheryl
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*
~Dawn~TUG
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full Review---->Running Mate by Katie Ashley

Arc received from author in exchange for an honest review and diva dance moves from us book hooks at http://www.facebook.com/twounrulygirls
Lexi Cubbins
My rating may seem a little too harsh at first, but well, I did like it, I just can't help being a bit disappointed. I love Katie Ashley's style and waited for so long for this book, I expected way more from it.

I'm not that into political books, even if it's romance, but this one was great. You can tell the author did her homework and instead of being boring, it actually gave a helpful insight into the scene.
I didn't like Barrett's introduction very much, but he did redeem himself after a while
Maren Lee
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars but I rounded up. Not enough sexy time but I loved it. I love a fake fiancé/enemies to lovers book. Combine in political campaigns and I'm a goner! Loved the book. Totally swoonworthy.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-star-2017
Running Mate by Katie Ashley
4.5 stars!!!!

“It was better because of her, and I wanted nothing more than to give her my everything.”

I absolutely loved everything about this book, I laughed out loud, I sighed, I swooned, but most of all I loved…hard. I love my political books, I love the background, the behind the scenes, it’s like you get a front row seat on a presidential campaign and Katie Ashley delivered the perfect balance…enough politics to keep that side of my love affair sated and a go
Julia
Mar 02, 2017 marked it as fuck-no-pass
Because who needs an original plot when you can write the same thing that's been rewritten thousands of times?
Lea ★
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided by author.
I really enjoyed this one and read it in a couple of hours.
It is a sexy,light read that made me smile a lot.
Plus (and this is very important thing to mention) main hero is really cocky... and sexy... and I don't know about you, but I like that... a lot.

Highly recommended!
Kim
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars

Addison Monroe just got an unexpected proposition from her boss, who is also a Senator trying to secure a presidential nomination. He needs her to help clean up his son's image. And to do that he and his advisers think it will take drastic measures...like pretend to be engaged for the remainder of the campaign kind of drastic. It seems like a manageable deal--a little make-believe, a pay out, some social media attention, but ultimately helping out the Senator she believes in.

But then s
Rachel
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it

Barrett Callahan has a reputation that is clouding his father’s presidential campaign. He finds himself the subject of an image cleanup in the form of a fake fiance. He doesn’t get to pick the woman, and has to pretend to love her while keeping himself out of the press and out of trouble.

Addison Monroe has worked hard to earn her position on the Callahan campaign. But her boss has a proposition she didn’t see coming, though the payoff would help her tremendously: act as the fiancee of
Deeksha
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I think this is one of the best fake relationship to real relationship story ever done. I really liked how everything was so non cliche, especially the beginning. I liked how despite Barrett's innuendo filled dialogues (loved them btw !) their relationship was not based on and did not revolve around sex. It just gave their relationship more credibility.

The characters were amazing. Barrett was actually quite a pleasant surprise. And Addison was great from the beginning itself. There were some di
Alba M.
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Susan (susayq ~)
Katie Ashley has a talent for writing a story that sucks you in and then makes you smile while you read it. You might even laugh. Out loud. And with Barrett and Addison, I did just that.

I literally squealed when I realized this was a fake to real love story. As you know, they're my favorites. So, when the candidate for President's son Barrett started falling in love with his fake fiancee Addison for real, I was sooo stinking happy! The banter between them was great and had me giggling at some of
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

I loved this book from page one! A political romance that is smart and funny! From fake relationships to a real romance! This was one of my favorite books of 2017!
Maree Repa
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Opposites Attract

Five Star Winner

I was so thrilled to read another gorgeous amazing new romance. A new series, A Billionaire Romance. Written by well known, but brand new author, Katie Ashley. This gorgeous incredible and exciting of the attraction between two most feisty different people can be brought together in this craziest romance of all. I adored this most hilarious and sexiest book ever!

Addison Monroe
thought this was just a normal ever day of the week morning, when you don't really have
Laura M.
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me fue muy divertido todo este cuento, por lo ue pasaron, como se fueron enamorando Addison y Barret, y todas las aventuras de una campaña poiltica con estos tortolos.. Es divertida.. Me entretuvo..
Dominika
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love both of the main characters and the way their relationship developed over time.
littlebookbosomed bookreview
HUMOROUS

Am I satisfied with this book?
(Requirements : Angst, beautiful endings, page turner)

Scale :
1 = Nope! Definitely not satisfied
2 = Meh, it was okay
3 = YES! Purely satisfied

My scale for Running Mate is 3

Angst? Low
Ending? Beautiful
Page turner? Definitely a yes from me!

Goodreads rating I give for this book : 4.5 stars

He winked. "Addie, you should know by now, I'm not one to follow the rules."

This is my first book by Katie Ashley and also my first book involving politics, senator and
Fifty Shades Supp...: March 2017 ~ BOTM ~ Running Mate by Katie Ashley 21 70 Apr 11, 2017 10:45AM
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best-Selling author. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, and her two very spoiled dogs. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, The Golden Girls, Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Supernatural, Designing Women, and Scooby-Doo.

With a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolescent Engli
More about Katie Ashley...