Start by marking “Falling for Kate” as Want to Read:
Falling for Kate

Falling for Kate

He needs a nanny.

She needs a job.

Hoping to open a clothing boutique in her hometown, Kate Aarons is ready for the next phase of her life. Before she can set her dreams in motion, she needs a job to get her shop up and running.

Tired of his ex’s unpredictable and transient lifestyle, single father, Elliot Peters, wants to give his twin daughters a stable life. Going from som
ebook
Published by Penner Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Falling for Kate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for Kate

Start your review of Falling for Kate
Claire Robinson
4 - "Christmas is magic and miracles!" Stars!

Falling for Kate offers up some of my most favorite tropes; Single Daddy, with the Nanny and at Christmas, what more can you ask for, I have to say this is a book that left me pretty happy.

My one gripe, and it’s actually nothing to do with the story. Is the cover, for me when you slap the naked chest/abs combo on the front of a book, as a reader I have certain expectations that the story I am going to be reading is going to be sexy, hot, maybe a littl
Kate
You may not always end up where you thought you were going. But you will always end up where you are meant to be. –Unknown-

This is a sweet read filled with Christmas spirit and the joy of the more important things in life. About finding out what you really want and going for it.

Kate is moving back to Angel Lake from New York she is homesick and misses her life and her family. There is a problem with her flight so her sister Lucy manages to hook Kate up with a ride home from Wisconsin enter Ell
Alison
Proof that I can read a super sweet holiday novella without gagging.

This is clearly part of a series but it was easy to read as a standalone novel.

Kate Aarons is on her way home, feeling like a failure because she didn't like living in New York, after giving up her first career to venture into fashion. When she misses her flight her sister suggests a family friend could drive her the rest of the way as he is close by collecting his twin daughters from his flaky ex-girlfriend.

Kate has always had
Mari
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

This seemed like it would be a my kind of read right away. Especially with some of my favorite tropes. Single Dad, Nanny and Christmas setting I was sold. It definitely left me grinning after. A feel good kind of story holiday novella.

I've not read any book by Jody Halford before but this sets a good precedent and would definitely read more of her previous work. I get the impression the other characters are part of other books so that must be remedied. She is spot on with Christmas vibe
Tanya from Get Your Book On
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a quick, sweet, pull at your heartstrings in the best kind of way read, then Falling For Kate is the story for you.

Two years after moving to NYC to pursue a career in fashion, and a failed relationship, Kate Aarons decides to catch a flight and return to her hometown of Angel's Lake. As fate would have it, all flights are cancelled and her only option of getting home is in the car of the man she's crushed on for years, but never acted on it.

Elliott Peter's life is in shambl
Suzanne Radcliffe
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Falling For Kate is about Kate Aarons, a fashion designer who has decided to go home after two years in New York's fashion industry, and Elliot Peters, a single dad of twin girls and a cop in Kate's home town of Angel's Lake.

Kate's flight home was diverted and her sister arranges a ride home with Elliot and his girls, Grace and Beth, who had gone with their mother, Gina, for the Christmas holidays but were not wanted at Gina's sister's home.

Both Kate and Elliot have had feelings for each other f
Chyrelle Degala
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I finished this book in one sitting and I totally love it. It shows how tight the bond between the sisters are (which reminds me of my own). It also shows the love and support of the family. That family will always be there no matter what. It's a light read that tugs your heart. A swoon worthy charming hero matching the independent, lovable, carefree heroine. Elliot and Kate's selflessness toward the twins stands out and how they show how much they care for each other is priceless. I lov ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This hit the spot for me. It was a perfect blend of what I needed at the moment. You've got friends to lovers, sexy cop who's also a dad of twin girls (swoon) and just a little bit of side drama with the girls mom. It wasn't over-the-top drama but it also wasn't so low angst that it was boring. I don't know what it is about a father but reading about a man who adores his little girls just makes me want to sigh with happiness. This was a short, sweet and sexy read. I enjoyed the writing and will ...more
Shari
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cute Christmas story about two people who have known each other for years, feel the strong attraction towards one another, and come together in trying times at Christmas. They help another out. She falls in love with him and his two little girls. He falls in love with her and wants to keep her. They get their happy ending. This is a good story. It is a quick read, so I read it in one sitting. A good book for the new season.
I voluntarily reviewed the ARC of this book.
P Leslie
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinion stated are solely my own and no one else's*

Kate and Elliot's story was sweet and I enjoyed it. Kate's character was developed really well as opposed to, Elliot's. The characters were realistic and their emotions/insecurities were captured beautifully.

This was a cute short story and I really enjoyed it.
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
First time author for me. Sweet holiday novella. I love single parent stories! This is also friends to lovers and everything just seems to fit with these two. Great HEA!
Sharlene
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute friends to lovers story.
Romantic Reads and Such
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my first in the Angel's Lake series but it easily stands on its own. It looks like Kate's sisters have stories and there are some mention of the events from them in this book, although Holford does a good job of keeping new readers up to speed.

There isn't a lot of drama here, which I appreciate. Kate and Elliot have known each other for a while, with an ignored attraction bubbling just under the surface. They've never been at a point in their lives where it was something they could act
Carolyn's
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Loved Falling for Home and was thrilled that Kate and Elliott got a story of their own in Falling for Kate.

Kate thought she want the bright lights and big city but soon discovers that home is where her heart is. She is trying to get back and takes a ride with her brother-in-law's deputy and his twin daughters. Elliott and Kate (if you read Falling for Him) had lots of chemistry and tension before this road trip, but now they play family on the drive home and share an amazing time and bond.

Ellio
Despina
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this story from NetGalley for a honest review.

Falling for Kate was short but sweet novel about Kate who is heading home from living in New York because while it was a good experience she misses home, and is a little heart broken because the guys she was dating lied to her and forgot to mention he had a wife. Having said all that, none of that really matters, this story is about Kate and Elliot and his sweet twin daughters. Kate and Elliot have been missing their opportunity
Becky Burciaga
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A short, quaint, sweet Christmas love story with a single dad, a nanny and wonderfully lovable little girls. The book is the type that is not deep, but draws you in quickly through the personalities of the characters. This is the first book by this author I've read and am glad to have been introduced to her writing...an author who rights the type of stories that leave you with a warmth and an over all feeling of well being.

This book was provided by the Publisher and Netgalley, I am voluntarily
Erica
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good short story when you are in between stories, or dont know what to read next and dont want to over commit.

Great romance and interesting plot

I really liked Kate and how she has grown is evident on the page.

Elliot is sweet and nice.

As a couple they match well.

All up a good quick read that wont disappoint. I would like to check out more of the authors previous and future works
Lesley
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a short but sweet story about family, making mistakes, learning from them and growing up. All the characters are likeable and it has a nice small town vibe to it. Would have enjoyed reading an epilogue. Note: Liberal use of "F & S" words.
I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of this book gifted by Penner Publishing. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion expressed here is my own.
Chris
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jody Holford comes through again with a beautiful story in Falling for Kate. Kate's return home is a love story about figuring out life and finding family. Angel's Lake continues to be one of my favorite towns to visit in fiction. Strong women, handsome heroes and a beautifully weaved sequel.
Renee
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Both Kate and Elliot are very likeable characters with definite chemistry. A sweet read with humor and some really well drawn out secondary characters. Grace and Beth are adorable. A fast paced read.
Katie
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
ARC received via NetGalley

It was a sweet, Christmas themed romance story. However, I just got bored with it. I ended up skim-reading a lot of the book.
Dianne
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by Ms Holford. My only wish was for it to be longer. I felt it ended abruptly and would have benefitted with a few more chapters.
Radiant
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Kate and elliots story is sweet,short and lovely.Loved elliots twin daughters..!
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are books that dig so deep and hit so hard that you feel like they're changing your life. Books where the journey is rough and you come out feeling banged up and bruised - but you know it was all worth it. And then there are books that just feel good. They are light, and sweet, and packed to the gills with swoons and happy feels that by the time you turn the last page - you just feel satisfied. These books feel like a giant bear hug, like cozy winter nights in front of a roaring fire, like ...more
Book Lover
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kate is returning home after a short stint in New York as an assistant fashion designer. She was so excited to get out of her small town and adventure into the big city. Turns out it wasn’t what she thought it would be.

She gets stranded in the airport, still a ways away from home, due to airplane mechanical issues. Her sister gets her a ride home with a long time friend and crush.

Elliott is dealing with issues of his own. His ex-girlfriend took off with their twins and he had to go get them. H
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
After a bad break up Kate is back home for good with the idea of opening up her own store. What she doesn't want to do is live with her parents. Kate has secretly crushed on Elliot for years and now that he is divorced. Elliot has also been captivated by Kate but an unexpected pregnancy put an end to that but things change. He needs a trustworthy person to look after his little girls and she needs a place to stay this should be a win-win for both of them but Kate knows that being close to Elliot ...more
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
This was a sweet, feel-good romance. With a Christmassy theme, it has a cosy, warm story line that just had me wanting to snuggle up next to a fire and shut out the bad weather. It made me smile and I couldn't ask for more.

While only a novella, this book was still filled with plenty of goodness. The romance was cute with a little heat, the relationships were sweet, and the girls adorable. The plot stayed simple and enjoyable, and I believed in the bonds between characters.

Overall this was just
Debra
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Falling For Kate

These two people have known each other for a few years. He was in a relationship with someone who have birth to his daughters. But never married her. She went off to college then fashion apprentice for a few years. Now she is back and planning to stay. He needs help with his girls. She needs a place to stay. Will they ever figure out that their future is together? What about his daughters mother?
Patricia Bello
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I liked how these two people, who've known each other for years, finally give into their feelings for each other. It's a novella but it didn't feel incomplete or too short.

All roads leads to where you are meant to be. And the book certainly centers around that theme.

Finished it in a few hours because I didn't want to rush it. Now I'm curious about the Kate's sisters' stories.

Thank you Netgalley for a copy.
Anna
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
***ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The brief backstory introduces these two MCs and gives some history to their relationship (not physical, not sexual, more acquaintances than anything). The transition from acquaintances to lovers and a HEA happens too quickly for me and left me wondering if I'd missed something, like a chapter or two.

• Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)
  • Fighting for Us
  • Head Over Heels
  • The Rancher and the City Girl (Tempting the Rancher #1)
  • Skater (Seattle Sharks #6)
  • Doughn't Let Me Go (Slice, #3)
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
  • Nothing General About It: How Love (and Lithium) Saved Me On and Off General Hospital
  • Christmas at the Lakeside Resort (Lakeside Resort #1)
  • Oppressed and Empowered: The Viscount's Capable Wife (Love's Second Chance #11)
  • Where Hearts Meet (Jasmine Cottage Book 1)
  • Sufficient Evidence: A Novel
  • Yuletide Happily Ever After II: An Original Regency Romance Christmas Collection
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Pugly (Little Tombstone Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • The Dark River Secret
  • Crimes of the Levee
  • Flame and Ember (Regency Love #1)
  • Alexandria Rising
a wife* a mom* a reader and a writer* a friend* a daughter* a teacher* a sister* a blogger and follower* a worrier and word twister* a gemini*

News & Interviews