Start by marking “Because Beards” as Want to Read:
Because Beards

Because Beards

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  345 Ratings  ·  248 Reviews
Be it a little scruff or a full length beard, there’s nothing more attractive than a man with a well-groomed face. Masculine. Powerful. Sexy. Devoted. Lose yourself in this tantalizing collection of original short stories by your favorite romance authors in support of a great cause. Hipster CEO, bartender, best friend, baseball player—just to name a few—these men all have ...more
Published November 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Because Beards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because Beards

Natalie The Biblioholic
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, anthology
Are you ready to Beardgasm?

For only $0.99, and all proceeds going to The Movember Foundation to benefit men’s health, this charity anthology brings you twenty-one original short stories from your favorite romance authors; some hot, others sweet, and a few ultra-steamy… but all bearded for your pleasure.

Amazon – myBook.to/BecauseBeards
Nook – http://tinyurl.com/jzlwv6s
Kobo – http://tinyurl.com/ztajbhj
iBooks – http://tinyurl.com/zuse33r

I haven't swooned or laughed so much in a hot minute, let me
Wil Loves Books!
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My review is for Talking to the Moon by Jeannine Colette

This was really amazing like everything Jeannine writes. It had me hooked from the first word. I'm not sure how she does it but Jeannine is able to create these super complete stories in such short word count, it's amazing, a testament to her talent. Talking to the Moon is a rich girl/poor boy story full of feelings that I absolutely recommend! It definitely left me wanting more. I think the anthology is worth it because of it, but I can't
Jeannine Allison
Sep 14, 2016 marked it as owned-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 99c-or-free
You had me at "beards" and "charities"...

description
bookmarkbelles
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received an ARC of How To Kill A Lady Boner by Ace Gray. I immediately fell in love with it. It made me laugh so hard, I couldn’t stop myself from spewing coffee on my shirt. This is by far my favorite story that she has ever written. I also know that I will find myself rereading this story. Cant wait to see what the other authors have to offer. I will definitely be grabbing a copy cause HTKALB makes it worth the purchase.
Dita
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have the opportunity to read How to Kill a Lady Boner. So this is my review.

"Why on earth would they give a man with that voice, this dick, and an insanely magnetic pull over me, a mother fucking beard?"

Yup this story is about beard. About the Beast who owns the beard and the girl who hates the beard. It sounds silly right, but this is happen. For some people, including me, beards is not a turn on, although some men look hot with beard, so yeah I really love the concept of this book.
And it's p
♡Tonya♡
The few I've read have been good so far. They are really short stories. I have only read the work of two of the authors so I'm really flying blind here.

So far I've read the following -

~Hometown Prince - Evie Lauren - cute and no cheating or ow/om drama

~The Beard Made me Do It- Scott Hildreth - cute but not a whole lot to it. No cheating or Ow/om drama. Scott Hildreth tells you flat out he doesn't use that nonsense in his stories! That's why he's one of my favorites (and the reason I bought this
Joyce
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was allowed to get a sneak peek at one of the short stories, Thou Shalt Not Beard by Leslie McAdam. This is a very satisfying sweet treat revisiting The Sun and The Moon's Ryan and Amelia. As any fan of Leslie's knows, this story was full of heart and humor. I went from laughing to swooning to breathless to sweet tears as I experienced Ryan and Amelia's fears and joys leading up to their wedding day. I loved this so much! I can't wait for the whole anthology to be released!
Alexis Alvarez
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This anthology is full of delicious, sexy, fun and well-written stories! I can't wait to share it with you all. XOXO
Liz
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 *Sunshine & Steel* Stars
Talking to the Moon, by Jeannine Colette

Because Beards is made up of several short stories. I dove in and read, "Talking to the Moon" by Jeannine Colette. It's a glimpse into the beginning of Jules' and Jamesons' journey and one I would highly recommend you go into blindly! I absolutely "LOVED" this storyline, it packed a punch. Don't fret, there is more to be revealed about these two in Seven randomly released acts - Go to:
Jules&Jameson

" My words are a w
Ash.loveofbooks
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beards!!! Need I say more?!?! I'm a sucker for beards so once I heard that an anthology was being written by 21 authors, I knew I wanted to read this.

I loved reading "How to Kill a Lady Boner" by Ace Gray!
First off how awesome is that title?!
I found Livy such a lovable and hilarious character! The Beard and Livy are awesome together. Love the dialogue between these two and the sexting was so HOT!!!!
This was an unputdownable read for me!

I also had the opportunity to read "One Kiss" by Marth
Angela
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-requests
This collection of stories with a naughty touch is to raise both money and awareness of prostate cancer. This is something close to my heart and I'm so grateful to research, past and present, for having my Dad with us now.

I have read Highland Pursuits by Emmanuelle de Maupassant and I am always blown away by her wonderful and professional prose. She is an excellent writer of historical/Victorian fiction and paints a realistic and interesting story.

This is a story set in 1928 of debutante Lady Op
Nicole Strycharz
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I was lucky enough to read a few of these stories and all I have to say is OMG HECK YEAH!

I for one am a MAJOR beard fan and the men written in this book win an A+ from me! I mean whoa!

The authors in this book were already on my favorites list! Tom Sweeney, Kacey Shea, Leslie McAdams, Martha Sweeney... And so many more! So when I read these stories I already knew I'd be hooked!

My only complaint is THEY ARE TOO SHORT! you would think I was prepared since it's a short story collection but
Stephanie Rose
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to get to read two awesome stories early.

First Class Distraction by Ruthie Henrick is the reason I will probably not get onto another plane without blushing. Blake and Sophia have a short but smoking hot encounter in the friendly skies that will suck you in and leave you wanting more.

Scruff You! by Faith Andrews gives us a hot bearded barista to fall over. I loved Ezra and how the mysterious girl in the glasses rattled his hipster cool. This story had awesome chemistry and bante
Adriana Locke
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read two of the short stories in this anthology: Scruff You by Faith Andrews and First Class Distraction by Ruthie Henrick. So good!

Scruff You had me laughing all the way through. Written with a smart humor and easygoing banter, this story is one I was sad to see end. It's dynamic and quick-paced and exactly what you want in a story like this. Perfection!

First Class Distraction is just that: a five-star interruption to life! Super steamy with a touch of angst, this story reels you in from the
K.M. Dylan
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review is of Emmanuelle de Maupassant's story "Highland Pursuits" which I received in exchange for my honest feedback.

Well, I loved this story! Ms. de Maupassant writes exquisite historical erotic romance. This genre isn't easy to do well since it requires a mastery of both period detail and language. Ms. de Maupassant is nothing short of masterful - witness the opening sentences of the story:

"It had been in the back of a taxi, in the summer of 1928, that Lady Ophelia Finchingfield had firs
Rachel Vine
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read Highland Pursuits by Emmanuelle du Montpassant, one of the short stories in this anthology, Because Beards, and was utterly delighted by it. The author fills the story with endless detail that completely invokes the period in question, between the two World Wars of the early twentieth century. The world was changing, particularly for women, as they found new freedoms and the confidence to defy the mores of respectable society, as Lady Ophelia Finchingfield found when she turned down ...more
Shannon
Shelves: anthology, arc, 2016, beta

All 3 of the stories I had the chance to read left me wanting more!

Scruff You ~ Faith Andrews
Ezra, the bearded barista, has been fascinated by "Greta" since she started coming into the coffee shop, but she hasn't given him the time of day...until a dark and stormy night. Really sweet, fun, flirty read with some great banter and 2 vulnerable and endearing characters! I'd love to get a peek at their first date.

First Class Distraction ~ Ruthie Henrick
An airport bar flirtation leads to some mile h
Maura
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Because Beards Anthology - all proceeds will be donated to The Movember Foundation

I was super stoked to be able to read 3 short stories in the Because Beards Anthology written by 3 real life sisters. I wish they were full length because each has great characters, a fun story line and swoon worthy males. Here is a spoiler free summary of each:

Confession of a Beard Lover - Adrienne Perry
A misunderstanding, someone else's outfit, a beard and a broken down vehicle has me confessing that I really enj
BexLOVESBooks
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 11.22.55 PM.png
So far I've only had the pleasure of reading ACE GRAY'S How to Kill a Lady Boner.. but holy shit, I absolutely LOVED IT! This was Ace's first journey into the wonderful world of RomCom / Sports Romance, but holy shit sake NAILED IT!

HOW TO KILL A LADY BONER was Adorable, Hilarious, Sexy as Hell and non-stop FUN! The Good News For Ace- She wrote a Five-Stare Fabulous Novella, The bad news for Ace... I'm never not ever gonna be able to leave her alone until I get MORE GRAHAM. :)

I just pre-ordere
Laurie Breitsprecher
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read Talking To The Moon by Jeannine Colette, One Kiss by Martha Sweeney and Eternal Embrace by Thomas Sweeney. I LOVED each one!! They were brilliantly written and I can't wait to read the rest!!
Martha Sweeney
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I've gotten to read a number of these short stories as I format the book and all I can say is that it's HOTT, HOTT, HOTT! So many sexy, funny stories! I love how this is for charity too!!
007war
Sep 26, 2016 added it
Because Beards Anthology
Fortune Favors The Beard by Alexis Alvarez

Fortune Favors The Beard is the contribution of author Alexis Alvarez in this anthology. Reading this story was a very enjoyable experience. The author provides a great balance between fun, romance and what I call soul insight.

A chance encounter with attraction sparks flying everywhere. Two brothers running a company with very different approaches. A baker hoping to put her budding business in the map, an order of fortune cookies
Mandy Saial
Because Beards , A Hot Bearded Men Anthology with ALL Proceeds going to
Benefit the Movember Foundation .....Sold !!!!!!

This is an awesome way to give back . All Proceeds go to Benefit the Movember Foundation , A charity which supports Prostate Cancer Research and Treatment plus other Critical Men's Health Initiatives.
There are some Amazing Authors in this book , but I had to hurry and read two stories by my personal Favs. I know there are more Gems hidden inside this book just waiting for me
Jules
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anthology
I had the good fortune of getting an early look at one of the short stories of this anthology, "Thou Shalt Not Beard" by Leslie McAdam.
I had not yet read The Sun and the Moon, from which the characters in this short story originally are, but it didn't really matter. I immediately got into them and their story, their little quirks, their habits, their love.
The short story perfectly encapsulates the worries and joy and irrational thoughts the couple goes through on their way to their wedding day
Kacey Shea
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Preorder is available now! I'm so excited for you to meet Brax and Manda, the stars of my original short story for this charity anthology. I think you'll love them, and I may have a full length book in the works for these two... wink, wink, I have some writing to do!
Thanks for all the support!

Amazon: myBook.to/BecauseBeards
iBooks: http://tinyurl.com/zuse33r
Nook: http://tinyurl.com/jzlwv6s
Kobo: http://tinyurl.com/ztajbhj
Aaly
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bearded-men
**** This my review of "Thou Shalt Not Beard" by Leslie McAdam, ARC kindly provided for an honest review. ***

If you haven’t read The Sun and The Moon, please meet Ryan, the Sun God (I’m not joking, and you will understand once you read it), and his lovely Amelia, in this so sweet and hot short story.

I really love how the author wrote this with just the perfect blend of humor, sarcasm, romanticism and my favorite part smut. I had this goofy and dreamy smile … I was so glad to see more of Ryan and
Catherine Winther
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to read one of the short stories that will be included in Because Beards. The story was Highland Pursuits by Emmanuelle de Maupassant. It was a lush, sensual read with just the right amount of tension to keep me turning the page. I look forward to reading the rest of the anthology.
Jacqui Greaves
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was delighted to be given an advance copy of Emmanuelle de Maupassant's story Highland Pursuits for review.
As always Emmanuelle's prose is lush and appropriate to the era. Set in the heady and decadent period following WWI, this is the coming of age story of Lady Ophelia Finchingfield. A young woman who, when faced with a life time of wet-lipped kisses from the ineffectual Percival, resists the expectations of her London society mother and rejects his marriage proposal.
In punishment, Ophelia
Latifa Morrisette
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading Scruff You by Faith Andrews. It's set in a coffee shop where Ezra the barista knows Jane's order very well. Except he doesn't know her name as she goes by famous Hollywood starlets at each visit.
I'm so happy I had a chance to read this short story and I'm looking forward to reading more of this amazing anthology!

I also had the pleasure of reading No joke by Kacey Shea. It's a very quick read but it's got and to the point. I lived reading this and I can't wait for t
Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape)
I had the privilege of purchasing the paperback before it was released and got several autographs by the featured authors and sexy cover model! This is truly awesome that such a collection of fabulous authors come together under one cover and support a foundation.

There's so many short stories to read I will eventually get thorough them all <3

***

5 stars No Joke by Kacey Shea
Amanda is awesome! You go girl! Go after what you want and I hope it's awesome then you can write about it. Mind blowin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please Delete this Book 3 30 Feb 28, 2017 02:05PM
Goodreads Librari...: Book- Issues delete book 4 18 Jan 19, 2017 03:37PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please DELETE 3 27 Nov 06, 2016 01:36PM
Goodreads Librari...: HELP Cover Art Change 5 25 Oct 07, 2016 09:13AM
Goodreads Librari...: Merge - two profiles for one book & book cover change 2 15 Oct 07, 2016 09:13AM
Goodreads Librari...: HELP an additional profile was made for my book 2 17 Oct 07, 2016 05:00AM
Alexis Alvarez writes romances - some are light-hearted contemporary romances; others delve into the exotic world of domination and submission.

Her female heroines are strong-willed women who are never push-overs, and who can hold their own in society and the workplace, but who are intrigued with the idea of kink and submission in the bedroom. Alexis writes with skill and poetry, creating worlds th
More about Alexis Alvarez...

“This simple dessert reminds me a little of our relationship, sweet and decadent and oh so bad for you.” 2 likes
“I’m done waiting,” he whispers under his breath. A soft moan escapes my lips as he licks the icing from each of my fingers.” 0 likes