Start by marking “Arkadian Skies (Fallen Empire, #6)” as Want to Read:
Arkadian Skies (Fallen Empire, #6)

Arkadian Skies

(Fallen Empire #6)

With the man who kidnapped her daughter imprisoned aboard her ship, Captain Alisa Marchenko is closer than ever to reuniting her family. But her new guest has been in a coma for weeks, with the secret to her daughter's location locked away in his mind. She must find a way to sneak him into a state-of-the-art hospital on Arkadius, a planet in the heart of Alliance territory ...more
Published September 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Arkadian Skies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arkadian Skies

Hallie
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
As with book 5, way too much of the mind-invading treated as flirty banter. And now we've added talk about Leonidas's penis to the list of - oh dear, better not say 'abused' in the context -overused words. It bugged me that everyone in the ship seems to feel free to comment about it. (This makes more sense if you know WHY they're doing so, as it's not random, but still, not their business and I don't get why Buroker thinks this is fun to read.) Also, the innuendo and 'wriggling eyebrows' Alisa s ...more
Jamila
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ANXIETYYYYYYYY
Lori
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I love this series, and yet this book, while exciting, didn't make any forward movement on several plot points. I mean fix the penis problem already! So many pots on the fire can't they at least have passion?
T. Baker
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arkadian Skied

I LOVED every minute of reading this story! I will miss this series when it finally ends! Lindsay Buroker is my favorite Sci Fi Author!
Denise
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-2016
Alisa finally tracked down the man who kidnapped her daughter and has him on her ship. Unfortunately, that's currently of exceedingly little use to her, as he's in a coma and Alejandro has no idea how to wake him up without help. Instead of lying low and staying far away from Alliance strongholds, the team must therefore endeavour to sneak their patient into a state-of-the-art hospital on Arkadius. And since wherever the Star Nomad lands these days, there's bound to be more than just one kind of ...more
Karen
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read

This series has had me hooked since book one. With each book in the ongoing storyline, the characters become more real, the settings more familiar and the storyline more engaging. I can't wait to find out what happens next. Highly recommend.
Tammie
This was another enjoyable read in the series, but I'm disappointed that there is very little forward movement as far as the plot goes. As a friend of mine said, this series seems to be written like one long book and we aren't going to see those things resolved until the end. My only other complaints are that, in this book and the one before it, Alisa comes off as rather juvenile with her obsession over wanting to consummate her relationship with Leonidas. The jokes, innuendo, and inner dialog a ...more
Hannah
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
The writing, particularly the dialogue, continues to be snappy, fast-paced and fun. As has been the case so far this series, though, the main cast of characters (surprisingly, considering the author's past series) continue to be less fleshed out than I'd like them to be, or their motivations are inherently unsound. Buroker has a real talent for introducing plot-relevant side characters that are easy to like or at least intriguing, however, regardless of potentially dubious moral compasses, so my ...more
David P. Duffy
Sep 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Sex Starved Space Freighter Heroine Captain Still Randy, Daughter Still Kidnapped & Missing

"Arkadian Skies: Fallen Empire, Book 6," continues the enjoyable and eminently readable SciFi series. The author writes exceedingly well, making the pages (sorry, "loc's") fly by.

The intrepid, sarcastic, and flawed heroine, a former Alliance combat pilot, captains her "classic" space freighter, with its eclectic crew, as she listlessly searches for her kidnapped daughter, a Starseers artifact, and gene
Cyd O
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The plot thickens as Alisa tries to get information from an unconscious Starseer, while tracking a powerful artifact, sidestepping authorities, and dodging weapons fire – all in the hunt for her little girl.

This Fallen Empire series keeps getting better, and Arkadian Skies is filled with action and excitement from cover to cover. Just as important to me are the relationships between the characters, and Lindsay has let us into their lives even deeper.

Those of us who are holding our collective b
Lili
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Alisa never gives up on her goals, including not letting Leonidas give up on his goals and each other - it all boils down to the pursuit of happiness, I think. The fact that she manages to hold on to her humor in the process, against such overwhelming odds and despite the mad pace at which things happen while trying to help the people around her is so awesome!

I so look forward to see what comes next, which I hope will be soon. Always 5 stars and a bow for Lindsay's writing from me
Nicola Pike
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so hoping this book would finish the series because I can't wait for Leonidas and Alisa to finally have their happily ever after. But saying that, it did deliver on adding to the story. We meet Alisa's father and I would say more but SPOILERS! Just trust me, if you have read the rest of the series then this one is even better than the last.
christel l. doucette
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My favorite in the series so far!

Loved this book. Not as dark as Cleon Moon, with lots of action and dialog. I won't talk about the plot, don't want to spoil it for anyone... Except to say Alisa does finally get her blue combat armor. Can't wait for book 7!
Airwreckah
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didnt realize that she alao writes as Ruby Lionsdrake! No wonder i love this series :)
Kay Dee
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
another terrific series by Lindsay Buroker!
this one will rank as number 2 in my love of her series and characters.
buy the books! read the books! love the books!

the main characters, Alisa and Leonidas, remind me sooooooooooooo very much of Armanthe and Sicarious from The Emperor's Edge Collection

first the women
both women's name start with an A (wish they didn't. since they are so similar, it's a lil confusing.)
both women are tall and can fight and are the leaders of their ragtag bunch
both are wi
S
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Tim Seabrook
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alisa and crew have picked up a couple more Starseers, just not the ones that she had hoped for (her daughter Jelena and Thorian slipped their grasp again). A little more hope has been gained as the man behind her daughters disappearance is now in the ship's medical bay, unfortunately he is unconscious and the doctor has no clue how to bring him out of the coma.

Though there are a few locations where they could go with good medical facilities, the Doctor pushes for Arkadia, home of the Alliance a
Louvelune
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Cheri
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm interested in the developing relationship with Alisa's father and eventually maybe her daughter. Many of these characters are very unidimensional, so it would be nice to have some deeper context here. I also really liked the introduction of Hawk to the story. I thought there was going to be some male camaraderie and less of the silly quips found between the females about the ship's male occupants and their attributes. Unfortunately, Hawk does not appear to be staying with us. Alisa and Leoni ...more
Pauline
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Book/episode 6 in the Fallen Empire series, Arkadian Skies takes us back to the planet of Arkadia where we'll attempt to get a brain scan of the comatose Durant, with the hope that we can bring him back and discover where Alisa's daughter has been sent. Meanwhile Alisa and her motley crew can't seem to keep out of trouble as it appears the Staff of Lore is also on planet, along with the mysterious Stanislav - Alisa's father.

Cue more battles, more playful banter and more starseers as this tangled
Banshee
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
As much as I wanted to give this novel a full five stars, I just couldn't. It was enjoyable, fun and well written but it felt mostly like fuller. This novel did not progress the plot forward. There was a little progress to finding Jelene and getting Leonidas problem fixed with only future hints about HOW they will be solved in the future. A new location where Jelene might be was revealed and a doctor was found who can, but won't, fix Leonidas was picked up.

I'm semi-excited about Perilous Hunt b
Diane
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Again, 3.5 stars Goodreads; 4 stars Amazon. Earthquake, meeting, rescue — or do I mean kidnap? :-)

What is there to say at this point (#6 of 8)? The exciting, (mis)adventurous mission(s) of the Star Nomad gang continue, with Starseers (including meeting the father who never knew Alisa existed), wisecracks (of course), and muddled priorities (find Jelena, or save the universe from a powerful artifact now in definitely the wrong hands?) which might actually lead in the same direction, not to mentio
Jailyn
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, sci-fi
I stopped reading the series in 2016 when I stopped reading as much and am just now picking it back up, this time on Audible. I did read and listen in spurts as the mood suited me. While the narration wasn't bad, I found that I enjoyed reading better.

Alisa and Leonidas continue their adventures and it seems that everything is going wrong. After "rescues," battles, and other adventures they find themselves on a course that may finally lead to Alisa finding her daughter.

The action was fast-paced a
Michaela
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought the story and adventures were a blast as always and the new characters were a fun addition. I just hated the stronger language and how often they talked about sex. I'm not reading these books for the sex talk, I read them for the sassy, clever captain and her quirky crew! And for the fun and crazy adventures they go on. I no longer have a desire to keep reading the series, although I do really want Alisa to find her daughter and finally get together with Leonidas -- not sexually! Just ...more
Kian
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

"Just as GOOD "

The book is fun to read, I like the banter and witty remarks between the characters. I think it's about time she finds her daughter or it's frustrating how she is a step behind all the time and she should put a stop the AbaloadofAss always reading her mind, I mean really..who could take all the invasion of privacy...even if he's a Starseer. I Reeaally like this series and I hope it continues after she finds her daughter. Looking forward to book 7.
Francene Stanley
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one didn't grab me so much as the last. Maybe because of the action, albeit masterfully written. With so much going on--and more characters joining the force of needy passengers with every turn--I'm beginning to wonder if anyone will get what they aim for. Oh. Of course. One thing is going right for Alisa: she and her cyborg are working things out on a physical level, although that won't bring lasting satisfaction. The next book calls.
Tanya
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow! I'm loving it!

I'm loving this series! I love how Alisa's crew keeps expanding and how her relationship with Leonidas is developing. He seems to be smiling, kissing, & hugging her more. I think there's only two more books left in the series. I'm so excited to see how they find Jelena, Thorian, & the Staff of Lore. And definitely want to see how they fix Leonidas.
Alan T
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Back to Arkadia

Alisa Marchenko and her ship of misfit crew and passengers return to Arkadia to search for her daughter and the staff of power a splinter group from the Starseers has stolen from her ship.

Well plotted and good charactorization, although this volume is a bit more improbable then some of the previous ones.
Michael Mcfarren
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series

More action adventure and plot twists in this episode. Lindsay writes full bodied characters that come to life. You can see them in your mind and live with them on every page. 2 more books in this series and I’m already starting to dread arriving at the last page. Try this sci-fi series only if you want to get hooked.
bookwormmama
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Arkadian Skies [June 2019] 8 24 Aug 12, 2019 06:19AM

• Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • Beneath the Fallen City (The Omni Towers, #1)
  • Warrior Wench (The Asarlaí Wars #1)
  • Endgame (Sirantha Jax, #6)
  • Heaven's Queen  (Paradox #3)
  • Lacuna (Lacuna Chronicles, #1)
  • An Accidental Goddess
  • Dark Minds (Class 5, #3)
  • The Better Part of Valor (Confederation, #2)
  • Shielder (Shielder, #1)
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Bastard Legion #1)
  • Enemy Within (Enemy, #1)
I'm a professional blogger by day and an indie fantasy author by night. Evenings belong to the dogs, tennis, and books.

Fallen Empire (8 books)
  • Star Nomad (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • Honor's Flight (Fallen Empire, #2)
  • Starseers (Fallen Empire, #3)
  • Relic of Sorrows (Fallen Empire, #4)
  • Cleon Moon (Fallen Empire, #5)
  • Perilous Hunt (Fallen Empire, #7)
  • End Game (Fallen Empire, #8)