Start by marking “A Place in the Sun” as Want to Read:
A Place in the Sun

A Place in the Sun

When her mother’s incessant matchmaking hits an all-time high, Georgie Archibald does what any sensible woman would do: she flees the country.

Seeking refuge in the picturesque seaside village of Vernazza, Italy, Georgie’s only plan is to lie low, gorge herself on gelato, and let the wine and waves wash her troubles away... that is until she wakes up in a bed that belongs t
Published October 24th 2016

Start your review of A Place in the Sun
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Enter to win a signed paperback of this book!!!

Go to www.steamyreads.net to enter! It's right on the front page! GOOD LUCK!! xoxo

5 Stars!!

description

Once again, R. S. Grey delivered a delightful, entertaining read that suck me in from the very beginning. 'A place in the Sun' was wonderfully written, a fantastic blend of sweetness and sexiness that I had so much fun and pleasure reading it. The beautiful location simply bewitched me from the very beginning and I truly think Rachel outdid herself with her fa
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

photo c2903a6433ac447d11ec297b32512efd_zpshbguzob9.jpg

I absolutely loved this story!!! It had a lovable and endearing Heroine, a beautiful but broken Hero, and one of the most exotic locales as its backdrop. It felt like I was taken on a beautiful and at times heartbreaking journey that I never wanted to end. After reading this story I am sure that like me, you all will want to take a trip to Vernazza and just bask in the warm glow of the sun as it falls upon the beautiful Italian Riviera!!
Alex is The Romance Fox
A good story should transport us to a world beyond ours, where we travel through the lives of the unforgettable characters. A book that leaves you with many experiences.......

A Place in the Sun by R S Grey was one of those books.
I found myself in a "pleasurable trance-like" state from the 1st to the last page!!
 photo tumblr_mf1fzi641j1rq3mb8o1_500_zpscdlfcoem.gif
There were many things I loved about this book........but the top 3 had to be - Georgie, Gianluca and Italy!
"I found myself in Italy the way I find myself in most places: by chance."
 photo cinque-terre3_zps6pnqtd5n.jpg photo c6fc30bd157059bb3ebc029c1aff2ca5_zpsqkrsrar6.jpg
Georg
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

"Oh my Liam Neeson. I've been taken!"”

[image error]

Georgie Archibald has left London for Italy in hopes of getting away from her matchmaker mother and perhaps find a wonderful Italian man on her own. Georgie is a quirky, funny, kind, and a completely lovable heroine. She arrives in Vernazza, Italy and makes a great group of friends including the handsome and broody Gianluca.

“…he was romantic looking, the sort of man who breathes passion into life without even trying.”

The story
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
I tried to get into this book and I was succeeding but everything was so obnoxiously in my face I had to put the book down several times.

I don’t really mind if a story is predictable as long as it holds my attention but this romance was so sudden and weird and just because. There was no chemistry.
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages

A Place in the Sun has found a place in my heart. Cheesiness aside, I made the right choice in reading this book as my first R.S. Grey book. This story had a sweet and sexy, friends-to-lovers romance set in the beautiful island of Vernazza, Italy with a brooding Italian hero and a sassy, headstrong heroine who flees to Italy to find love.

Georgie Archibald is twenty six years old and still single. Her mother believes she's on her way to spinsterhood and found i
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

Each time I read a new book by Rachel I fall in love all over again with her writing. She is one of my top favorite authors. I freaking love her books because they are refreshing and fun. This one isn't an exception! Rachel delivers a sexy, sweet, funny and adorable story. Setting up to Vernazza in Italy. Believe me if you read it you'll want to take a plane immediately and go there!

description

Georgie is looking for love,and decides to travel to Italy. There she meets Gianluca, a mysterious man. Fro
Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Find me on Instagram & Twitter!
❝When she smiled, the world smiled with her, and more than once, I found myself wishing I was the man she deserved to be with, the one she had come to Italy to find.❞

My expectations weren't very high going into A Place in the Sun. In fact, I was just kind of anticipating a DNF because that's just how shitty my luck is in finding romance books I actually like. Thankfully, this book proved me wrong.

A Place in the Sun wasn't really at the top of TBR pile b
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

I really enjoyed this book, it was my first from this author and I think it was a great one to start with. Plus, I have come to find I enjoy Italian men a lot more in books than I do in real life!

A Place in the Sun is the story of Georgie, a British girl who spur of the moment travels to Italy to escape her well meaning but smothering mother. There she travels to the seaside town of Vernazza, a cliffside beach town. Georgie makes an eventful entrance to the small down, and soon beco
Pearl Angeli
2 Stars

I'm afraid I'll be steering myself away from R.S. Grey books for a while. It just doesn't work for now. I think With This Heart will always remain my favorite book written by her. It was so much better. *sigh

A Place in the Sun opens when Georgie Archibald abruptly packed her things up for a trip to Vernazza, Italy due to her mom's incessant lecture on how she should take time for a relationship. In Vernazza she met two Italian cousins namely Massimo and the hot incarnate Gianluca/"Luca".
Jayme
I love it completely! This book stole all my attention from beginning to end. It is so bright, cheerful, and at the same time carries sizable emotional charge. I don't think, I quickly forget my new favorite heroine Georgie Archibald.

About the plot: Georgie is twenty-six years old, but her mother claims that she is already a spinster. She arranges blind dates for her, but no one attracted Georgie's attention. Determined to take her love life into her own hands, she escapes to Italy to find a hus
Andie
This book has consumed me from the inside out - heart, body, and soul. I would love nothing more than to reread this beautiful piece of work right now and I might have already if all my unread books weren't screaming at me. R.S. Grey has been on my auto-buy list for awhile now (for good reason!) and she never ceases to amaze me with her creativity. You know how a lot of romance novels tend to blend in after so long? That's not something I have ever experienced with R.S. Grey. Each and every char ...more
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Needed a vacation and got it in this book :)
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 9503f5114b5eb004f50ed862e907f9_zpsonctc0mh.gif

R.S. Grey is my happy place in the sun. She knows when to shine her literary rays of sunshine, laughter, romance, life and love. And in her newest standalone, A Place In The Sun, Rachel has readers like myself itching to pack their bags and book a one way trip to Vernazza, Italy.

photo 58a25a3b6507d7b25f442368fef013_zpsgewvvra4.gif “I was in Italy to find love, after all. How convenient that this romantic-looking man, out of every man in the village, had been the one to rescue me. ”

Hon
KAS
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 Lo Amavo! Lo Amavo! Lo Amavo! Stars*

I LOVED IT!!!

Round and round the globe spins, and wherever her finger lands, Georgie, a native of London, England, plans to travel for the summer in hopes of finding love. So off to Vernazza, Italy, she goes desiring to experience one of those swoony type romances she always hears about. At twenty-six years old, she is finally taking charge of her love life, well actually she is letting it up to fate, but she refuses to go on anymore blind dates her mother,
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Trippy Cat photo trippycat.gif

This book was, "pain and it was bliss, agony and ecstasy." I loved it from the first pages. I loved reading Georgie's story. I loved her before and I loved her more in this one. Her determination, her commitment is resilient. She never gives up what she wants most. And oh my hotness, Gianluca. He changed everything. Aside from his gorgeousness in the first half, I disliked him a bit. I totally understood his situation, however I didn't like how he treated people, Georgie being the main. I lo
London
Hated it. Almost the entire book the hero is still in love with his dead wife. We get to 67% and the heroine finds his dead wife's clothing, shoes, toothbrush, etc still sitting where she's left it before she died. FIVE YEARS AGO.

She was absolutely 2nd best in this story.

Direct quote at 70%

“You’ll never have room for love as long as she’s there.”
“If you’re asking me to choose you over her, I won’t do it, Georgie. I can’t do it.”

Bleh.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 4AEFD0BC-AD74-4B89-BD26-AD2E7A29A21A_zps5behjg0b.jpg

We first met Georgie Archibald in The Summer Games: Settling the Score as Freddie's funny, sweet younger sister. She comes from a wealthy family in London & has an overprotective mother who is constantly trying to run her love life. After a string of disastrous blind dates, Georgie decides she needs a break from her mother. It's time for a change. She's 26 & decides she's going to take matters into her own hands, and be in control of her own destiny. She spins
Dali
Fun, sexy and sweet. A delightful and heartfelt story about loss, hope and love that lived up to its title showing me a Place in the Sun by giving me the warm and fuzzies.
“To have her love and attention was like standing beneath the scorching sun on a summer day: suffocating and sustaining all at one.”

Georgie Archibald couldn’t say no to her mother’s relentless attempts at marrying her off. So instead of doing so she decides to leave London with a long list of requisites to a rand
Dilek VT
- The hero is caught up in his dead ex for a long while in the book. He thinks no one can replace her. Then, to make the readers believe in his love for the heroine, the writer makes him to find faults in his dead wife, while falling for the heroine. That's not cool at all!

By the way, he is pining for his dead wife for like 80% of the book. The last 20% wouldn't be good enough for me to believe in his love for the heroine, anyways.

- The heroine seems to have serious self-esteem issues. She tries
Warda
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I mean, I need me a Gianluca desperately. 😍
Tweebs♥️
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
someone buy me a ticket to Italy and let me meet a Gianluca pls

Bindi Boo
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I ADORE this author and i'm almost always reading her books as soon as it releases. I LOVE her writing and LOVE her characters even more. Her heroines are the kinds i admire; funny, full of life and super endearing. Perfectly describes Georgie Archibald. We first meet her in Settling the Score; she's Freddie's younger sister and had an amazing relationship with Andie. I wished for a book then and almost screamed when i found out this one was about her!

Georgie makes a spur of the moment de
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“Georgie, have you gone insane?”
I smiled. “No, brother. All is well.”
“Then why on Earth are you in Italy?”
“To find love, of course.”

It doesn’t happen to me often, but once in a while, a story touches me in such an unexpected way that I have to make a conscious effort to stop myself from going back to it and re-reading it again and again. From the moment I finished this book, all I wanted to do was go back to the very first page and read it in its entirety once more. There was simply
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

26-year old Georgie's had it with her mom always trying to set her up with horrible guys!
That's how she finds herself in Italy now for a little holiday - and yes, to maybe find a guy on her own! (PS - you might have already read the book about Georgie's brother - book 1 in the Summer Games series! Settling the Score )

Georgie's staying in this lovely little coastal town called Vernazza.

description

And the first guy she meets - or rather, the guy who carried her inside after she fainted - is the most beautifu
Corina
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
What an easy and light read, located in one of my favorite countries - Italy.
And not only that, it's - Cinque Terre.
And it's about getting an old and neglected bed and breakfast back in business.
And it has a hot and broody Italian guy as the main character.
It pretty much sounds like the most perfect Italian vacation EVER. And it's true. Drinking wine, eating fantastic Italian cuisine. Laughing, hanging out with Italian friends on the beach, at a bar, going hiking, cooking together. That's ho
Antonella
I really am not a fan of dead ex in books.
But overall this was a sweet, funny and hopeful love story.
It is hard to read about Italy during these times... it makes me want to pack my bags and travel...

Snow
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it

3.5 "second chance at love" stars

In a category of contemporary romance, this was a second chance romance, a predictable romance, a tadbit sappy and sweet but I guess if I look at the category I am willing to accept that as a part of a "romantic" setting.

and now you're probably wondering why am i "beating around the bush" with this?

It's because i just have nothing to say to make it less of a romance, less of a second chance romance, less than a predictable romantic endavour than a nicely wrapped
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
Another 4.5 read!!

I loved this book!! The characters are fantastic, the story yet predictable to a point, kept you engaged. The setting, each colorful character, Georgie's spunk, Jeanluca's EVERYTHING. Ohhh and this COVERRRR!!! I envisioned the tiny seaside Italian town of Verranzo in my head so perfectly.
Such a sweet story that made me laugh out loud , highlight away, and even tear up. The fear I felt for Jeanluca at the train station...gahhhh. I love when books just are, when their simplicity
Fareya
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a delightful story filled with sunshine, laughter and lots of romance. Add in the exotic location of Vernazza, Italy. A bit mushy, maybe, and predictable but sweet. A relishing read!

• My Favorite Souvenir
  • Hands Down
  • The Rivals
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It #1)
  • The Billionaire Boss Next Door
  • IOU
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Faked
  • My Brother's Billionaire Best Friend
  • By a Thread
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend's Sister
  • Marriage for One
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Inappropriate
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Lovewrecked
  • Rock Bottom Girl
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/RSGrey/

Facebook:

News & Interviews

“I knew it was loads easier to crumble under the weight of grief than it was to stand up with it on your back, but every day you carry it forward you get stronger and stronger, and eventually it doesn’t feel as heavy as it once did.” 8 likes
“You should know I never intended to fall in love again. I never imagined I’d have a reason to move on, and when you came along, I wasn’t prepared. I didn’t know how to handle you. You were… a lot to take in at once. I tried to keep my wall up, but you blew right past it.”
She grinned.
Tramontana.” Her Italian accent had improved dramatically.
“Exactly.” I leaned forward and cupped her cheek, stroking my thumb across her skin. “You’re the woman I love now, Georgie. The only woman.”
6 likes