Start by marking “One Night Stand” as Want to Read:
One Night Stand

One Night Stand

(Chance Encounters #1)

Lucy is used to having a handle on things herself: her business, which she’s fighting to turn around after a rough patch, and her lovelife, which consists of carefully conducted casual encounters during which only she calls the shots.

A one night stand with George, the irresistible tall, husky, rough biker whose deceptive exterior hides a gentler side, changes everything.
Published October 7th 2016 by eXplicitTales (first published February 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about One Night Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night Stand

Alp
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Alp by: Linda
I really don't know how to rate this book. On one level, I want it to be my 4-stars read as I enjoyed the first and the last quarter a lot, but on another level, the middle of the book was so dull, dragging on and on that I think 2 stars is the best I can give it. To be honest, I almost put it down several times, and if I hadn't skipped and skimmed through some pages, this one would probably have gone straight to my lost-interest shelf.

The story started off nicely, the heroine approached the her
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
3.5 Stars

Sometimes it's nice to curl up just a book that is pretty much all about sex. We don't have too think much but we end up with an enjoyable read full of that heat and spice that we crave.

This is the first book that I've read by this author and apparently it is a rewrite of another book of hers. This is a novella length read that is completely about a hook up and the interesting days that follow.

I did enjoy the character development and the author gave us a good ending with a nice HEA. Th
Linda
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Arc copy provided for an honest review.
"One Night Stand", is the first book I have read from Hedonist Six and I have to say I truly enjoyed this short story.
The story one follows Lucy , a young business women with her own web design company who has been so involved with proving to herself , family and friends that her choice of a career was not a mistake, however along her way she has forgotten to have a personal life. That changes one evening after a business meeting , a meeting for a job that
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
What if, what if, what if... This whole story started when Lucy approached a man in a bar. Without even seeing his face! Form there, their lives entwine in ways that neither one of them thought possible after what should have been an arm's-length encounter. This story was interesting because the actions of the characters were the reverse of the typical roles I have read. In other words, George was a little shy, self-conscious, etc., whereas Lucy was more bold. I, personally, and without spoiler ...more
Julie
Apr 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Obviously i ended it before it started...sorry, just no, which I'm so easy to please...wont waste my time. 6% is where it ended for me.
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
What if, what if, what if...

I, personally, and without spoilers, f
Mommaleena
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-be-read-again
Instant Connection?

Lucy and George—(tall and sexy with his long hair pulled back) meet when stopping at a bar. He's surprised, well in all honesty he's completely shocked when she comes up to him. For Lucy, her rush out the door in the morning light doesn't feel right with George, she doesn't want to leave him like that. Can she learn to let someone stay in her life more than just one night stands?
Lucy's hit a rough patch with her business, but this new client should turn things around for th
Mette
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: so-so-good
One Night Stand was my first book by Hedonist Six, and I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but the further I got in the book, the more I settled on my couch.

This is a story about two people meeting at a bar, they end up going to her hotel room, and the story just evolves from there. They’re just two ordinary people, who find love in a place and at a time they didn’t expect. It’s a love story, but it’s also a story about being afraid of letting go and believing in the luck that they had
Heather
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible-read
Lucy is unwinding with a drink at a bar when she notices a husky man sitting near her. Even with his back to her, she's instantly attracted to his build and approaches him. Face to face, she's even more fascinated, and she strikes up a conversation. Besides his name, Greg, he shares very little about himself, yet Lucy finds herself more and more drawn to him. She invites him back to her hotel room, but when the night is over she finds it hard to watch him leave. Lucy is used to one night stands, ...more
Kim O'Daniel
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the first in the series. It is well-written a d the plot
although quick is easy to follow. Quite the hot little read.

It was short, but not sweet. It was downright steamy. Right
down to the description of George. Mmmm love a man with
all that long hair. And the rest, makes you wonder if he is
really out there. With the way she described him made you
feel as you were in the bar with Lucy ogling him too. But even
as this one night turned into more you could tell there was
an issue no
Nikki
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook-boom
One night stand was a good story of two people who met in a bar and had a one night stand that turned into more. Where I struggled with this story was feeling like George had any personality. Lucy was the main character and her moods and feelings sometimes confused me, I get she was confused and unsure of the relationship I just felt like it didn't bring much to the story dwelling on it at times. George on the other hand I wanted him to man up more and speak his mind.

Though the story hit a point
Kathleen R.
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: One Night Stand
Author: Hedonist Six

4 unexpected stars

It was a quick read about a girl needing to find a distraction with a one night stand in the hopes of regaining the control she seems to have lost with everything that's been going on with her life and business. Only, she never expected that the man she chose, sight unseen, would impact her to the point where one night isn't enough to satisfy her. The Chance Encounter series are the first novels I've read by Hedonist Six and they we
Lucia
3.5 stars - One night stand turned more romance that had a realistic English feel to it

One Night Stand is my first book by Hedonist Six and overall I enjoyed this relatively simple and light one night stand turned more romance. Being an English reader, I always enjoy it when you can tell a book is authentically British and realistic rather than how it can be perceived. This book is a relatively short, simple, quick read but can be read as a standalone with a HEA.

Lucy and George are both fairly
Beyond The Covers Blog
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Susan Reviewed on behalf of Mytimeoutbookblog

I give One Night Stand (Book 1 - Chance Encounters) 4 stars for providing me with a light hearted story about a very independent woman. The characters had their struggles which provided an interesting plot.

Hedonist Six has written a feel good story. It deals with personal issues and what must be done to overcome them. It was an easy read and flowed well.

George and Lucy share a one night stand after meeting at a bar. There are sparks but she's got lo
Melanie
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by Hedonist Six and I have to say that I was pretty impressed. I felt that I could connect with the characters and that they were fiends or acquaintances of mine. Very relatable. I also loved that Hedonist Six made her characters to where they have flaws as well. It is always nice to know that characters in a book are not depicted as being perfect.

Lucy and George meet up and have a one night stand, or so they think it is going to be a one night stand. They immediately conn
Michelle Austin
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

One Night Stand was a great 4 star read.

Lucy decides to go have a drink to get work off her mind. She see’s George sitting at the bar and knows she has just found the one thing that can help her forget about work for a night.

George seems a little shy when Lucy approaches him but things start to heat up and they end up going back to Lucy’s hotel room.
All I’m going to say from here is things are not always what they seem. And there were a few twists that rea
Jordan
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it

I've received this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is the first time I've read anything by this author. And it was great knowing that this was going to be a short story which I love after a long book.

Lucy is a business woman trying to turn her company around, and whilst staying in London for a meeting she goes out looking for a one night stand like she usually would, when she comes across George a big rough biker looking man, who was actually a big softy underneath his exterior.
It wa
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't my favorite Hedonist Six book, but it was alright. As the title suggests, the main characters have a one-night stand, so it pretty much jumps right into the erotica part of the book very quickly and focuses on it for a long while. I'm not a big fan of that, but it's to be expected in this kind of a story.

The original book (which I never read, just skimmed for comparison after I read this one), "Just For One Night", ends the morning after the encounter, while "One Night Stand" contin
Katie
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 star review
Read and reviewed on behalf of 2 girls who love books blog.
One Night Stand is a short story in the Chance Encounters Series by Hedonist Six and is a great story if you are looking for something quick to read that has a good storyline with characters you can relate too. I have read another book in this series and what I like about it is the characters seem so real, almost as if you are reading true stories. The characters are relatable and likeable and I found myself really rooting f
Judy Miracle
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by Hedonist but if you are looking for a short and quick insta lust/love kind of book this is for sure the book to get. This is the kind of book you can start and finish within a short amount of time and i loved that.

Lucy has her own business and after a stressful day shes in a bar looking to have some fun. When she spots George across the room there is something about him that calls to her. Never been one to make the first move she cant help when her body and feet land he
Book Monitor
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable novella, that was a quick well paced well written and easy to read tale. The main characters Lucy and George were fairly rounded and the book wasn't just a series of sex scenes strung together as other steamy romances can be but had a more developed story line. I liked the setting and the contrast in their personalities and confidence.
I wasn't convinced by the discord between the two of them but overall I spent an enjoyable few hours with these believable characters and would re
LastBreath
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Lucy and George are a break from my norm. The h/H are sweet and nearly idyllic in a vanilla sense. Of course there are the token tattoos, motorcycles and long hair but there's no insane fire or crazy lust that I always get caught up in. Then there's the fact that George is too secretive and Lucy is too tunnel visioned. I suppose this was the gimmick but I prefer couples that just come out with what they want.

For a first time read from this aut
Brigitte
Lucy owns her own business in IT. She is currently working on a project which she desperately needs to keep her business going.

When she goes to the pub after a meeting, she is fascinated with this stranger's back. She plucks up courage to approach him, aiming for a one night stand. George is very quiet and appears to be shy. He goes along with Lucy's proposal and it turns out that they have a lot in common. They both want more than one night as long as there is honesty!

There are a couple of tw
Julie McCleary
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One Night Stand is a story of two strangers George & Lucy sharing one glorious night of passion with each other but it doesn't end there, they decide that one night isn't enough.
George is a shy sexy biker and Lucy is a take charge, sassy business woman that's doesn't take no for an answer.
Hedonist Six book is a sweet romance that I found extremely addictive and didn't want to put down until I had completed it. This is my first book by this author I was not disappointed. I will be reading mo
Lieve
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
One night stand is my second read by this author and I just can say the story was quite different but so delicious to me . I really liked "bolt" Lucy and rather "shy" George with their subtile flirting and wondered all the time what would have happend if she had not approached this irrisistible rough biker that night. Together they 're real sweet lovable and lonely souls .
The story was much too short for me and left me wanting more at the end but still it's a great written and realistic read .
r
Gretchen Anderson
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book very much. It’s a little different in that the male was the shy and bashful one.

Lucy runs her own company and is having a hard time with the finances. She’s at bar and see’s George. She likes what she see’s and goes after him, intending for a one night stand.

I love them both and loved he banter and friendliness they have from the start. The fact that there is an HEA is even better.

If you’re looking for a quick, hot read with an HEA then this book is for you!!

Highly Re
Jenn Allen
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story that was a bit different than the normal. George isn't the typical alpha, perfectly toned man but I was hooked on their story. Lucy is a strong, self reliant woman and watching her struggle between independence and the pull she feels for George was satisfying. A fast paced story with ups and downs that you don't want to put down.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Sandi Ramirez
This is my first experience with this author and i love it. It is like reading real like situations written down for me to read and experience. It starts off with a one night stand and ends up with Lucy finding out that George can help her on her current project. George doesn't tell her the whole truth about his work situation which causes issues. This is a really good book that is honest and down to earth and is a hawt read to throw in. I am ready to read more from this author.
Johanna Sawyer
Thanks LibraryThing for a free copy to read and review.

Interesting book. Very easy and laid back romance with an erotic charge. I enjoyed the beginning of this book where Lucy meets George in a bar. He seems to be shy and Lucy takes him back to her hotel for a one night stand. The next morning they both agree they want more than one night. There relationship takes a few twists and turns, but this had a lovely HEA. Overall entertainment is four stars. I would read from this author again.
Jessica
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. I read Just for One Night, and I wished for a continuation of the story to see what happens to Lucy and George. I was not disappointed. I still love how all the characters in her books have flaws and are very relateable. I also love how Lucy has to approach George and do the chasing. It was a good read.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Serenity (Serenity, #1)
  • The Predictions
  • Unexpected Eden (Eden, #1)
  • Wet
  • The Speaker Series (Evelyn)
  • Dark World
  • Snapdragon Way (Firefly Hollow, #8)
  • Blüd and Magick
  • The Human Cure
  • Secrets Beneath the Sea (Mermaid Kingdom, #1 - 3)
  • Love Never Promised Tomorrow (House of Alternatives #2)
  • Twilight Dips
  • Passion on the Plains
  • Death's Realm
  • Delusions (The Affinity, #2)
  • Avoidables (Volume 1)
  • All the Fixin'
  • Nightingale
Call me "H." or Hedonist if you prefer. I'm a Romance writer based in London and I've always been a dreamer, though it didn't occur to me to write down the stories I kept dreaming up until 2012. You'll not find flowery language and poetry in my work. What you will find though is believable characters, none of whom perfect, going through life and trying to find happiness. Just like the rest of us. ...more

Chance Encounters (3 books)
  • Beautiful Stranger (Chance Encounters #2)
  • Only a Taste (Chance Encounters #3)