Start by marking “A Death's Awakening (Somewhere-in-Between, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Death's Awakening (Somewhere-in-Between, #3)

A Death's Awakening

(Somewhere-in-Between #3)

Published 2017 by Live and Love the Fantasy Publications

To ask other readers questions about A Death's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Death's Awakening

Start your review of A Death's Awakening (Somewhere-in-Between, #3)
Tayla Robichaud
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Wow what a book
I really wasn't expecting that ending (view spoiler)
Esther Haddie's Haven
DISCLAIMER: I voluntarily requested and received an ARC of this book from the author. Opinions are my own and remain unbiased.

Just a fair warning, I know I must have said this in some previous reviews, but I mean it. Have something of a tissue handy. You'll need something. Your shirt would work fine, unless you don't want snot to ruin the fabric. Either way, you need something to dab your eyes with.
This story brings a bit of light to two subjects. Sickness and death.
The main character, Hadley,
Annmarie
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Diane
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in a series I've read and loved all three but you can also read them as standalones. Hadley is a poorly girl who struggles to cope with her illness and school. Hadley has a couple of close friends but suffers a lot of teasing and bullying from the rest of the school that don't understand her illness. One day Hunter comes into her life and he try's to make her see that she's much more then just her illness. This book follows the ups and downs of their time together as they both try ...more
Derek Williams
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
C.E. Wilson shows her originality off in her offering of "A Death's Awakening". Wonderfully thought out and written. I fell in love with the main character Hadley almost immediately and empathized with her through out the book. I would call this a must read for anyone as it will help give you a new perspective on death and dying. Well done!!!

I received an ARC copy of the book but the review has been given voluntarily.
Bridgett Brown
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hadley has a illness and doesn't know how to deal with it until Hunter comes along and shows Hadley she is more than her illness. This is book 3 in a series I've read and loved all three but you can also read them as stand alone because each book is about different characters and in completely different places. I really love C.E. Wilson's books. They are really amazing. I strongly suggest you read any of her books. You will be happy you did.
Hadley might be my favorite character so far.
Mandy Peterson
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: C.E. Wilson fans, people dealing with illness or death
I was lucky to get my hands on this book before its release date through the author. What a fresh and unique idea! I think that's my favorite thing about C. E. Wilson - originality. Picking up "A Death's Awakening", I immediately took to the tone - realistic and surprisingly light but ominous too. Does that seem like a weird combination? It is, but it's entrancing! Hadley is an unlikely narrator. Suffering from a medical condition that leaves her coughing up blood and unable to breathe (amongst ...more
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Book Review
Title: A Death's Awakening
Author: C. E. Wilson
Genre: YA/Fantasy/Romance
Rating: *****
Review: The opening to A Death's Awakening was amazing, we are introduced to Hadley who is followed by Death wherever she goes. One day she meets Hunter - he is death personified - and I really like the fact her was a little person it made the encounter they had in the tree a lot more funny than it should have been. Although when Hadley and Hunter meet again he is far taller than when we intially meet
Melissa Spillman
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love reading C.E.'s books, I devour them everytime I get to read one....this one was NO execption. I was given a copy of this book and am choosing to write a review because I absolutely LOVED it. Hadley is on death's door, has been as long as she has been alive. One night on her way home she finds a small man stuck in a tree, he is an ass to her until she goes to leave and he begs for her help. She makes it up the tree to help him and finds herself stuck and needing his help. She falls and the ...more
Dana
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Maybe Mom was right. Maybe I am starting to have a difficult time discerning fact from fiction. That's a creepy thought. A hot little man stranded in a tree? Who thinks up that shit?"

I love C.E. Wilson’s writing. As always, her imagination is enviable and her characters are unbelievably realistic. A Death’s Awakening gives us a look into another one of Wilson’s interesting worlds; one you will not want to leave. Hadley is an admirably strong character, and I appreciated how realistic her high s
Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris Miller)
Hadley has always known that death has followed her everywhere she goes. How couldn't she? With a rare medical condition that causes her to wheeze at the slightest physical exertion, and her bouts of coughing up blood, she knew it was just a matter of time before death came knocking at her door. What she never expected was that death would come in the most attractive form she could ever imagine.

C.E. Wilson's 'A Death's Awakening' is yet another stunningly written novel by this author. Beautiful
Dschaper54
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Schaper story

I loved this book with its humor and sadness. It sucked me in from the very beginning and I didn't want it to end.
Francesca
I thought the end was sweet.

Not to ruin it but I barely made it through this book. Whining and oh woe is me. "My life sucks". But the ending was sweet.
Denise
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It very interesting plot. I liked it, just did love it...I was just ok. But the ending was sweet.
gerry
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got an advanced copy from the author and am so impressed I want to share my experience with others. It is has many layers of meaning but initially I was blown away by the surface issues of one person with low self esteem being picked on in school and another person showing love and caring--only being together for a short time but showing how one person can be so positive in another's life. Even though she was exploring the meaning of life and death, at times I had to laugh and I thorough enjoy ...more
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was luckily enough to have received a copy of this book from the author before it is released.
What a unique story from the very first page I was enthralled. This story is at the same time sweet as it is dark. Hadley is the first character and I love her she is a bit of a firecracker.
Straight away I was invested in these characters lives and wanted to find out what happens. Well written story. definitely a great read.
Lisa Eiff
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book and wanted to share my opinion of it. I noticed here that this book is part of a series, but it's the first edition I've had the chance to read so far. I now want to try to find other editions of this set to explore what else may have happened to Hadley.

I really enjoyed this story. It's an ideal YA read, but also has an appeal for older readers that enjoy exploring new fantasy ideals. The mystery behind 'Hunter' and who he was drew me further into the story. I def
Naomi Downing
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very interesting story about sickness, love, and death. C.E. does a great job at capturing young love and loss. A must read.
I was lucky to receive an ARC copy of this book from the author to review.
Bookish_Sally
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am in awe of this series of (Somewhere in Between) It is not a story I would typically read but this story captivated me just like the last 2. Just something about the stories pull me in. The characters in this story were beautiful and interesting. I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Some of my favorite quotes are:
"I know Death wants me. I just didn't think I'd want him too"
"Maybe Death isn't such a terrible person..."
Tamara
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hadley could feel death following her. She meets a strange "little" man, but is he death? Especially in such a cute package! Hunter brings much to Hadley's life - but is he here to take her life away? Have a box of tissues handy!!!

CE Wilson has done a fantastic job! This is another hit in the Somewhere-in-between series.
Nicole
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Death's Awakening by C. E. Wilson is a supernatural romance standalone that forms Book 3 in the Somewhere-in-between series.

I found this story to be very interesting and thought provoking and so easy to read. C. E. Wilson has such an honest and open writing style that I find myself absorbed in the telling of them. She has a knack for creating some very original characters and the worlds those characters inhabit.

Hadley and Hunter were great characters. All about strength, acceptance, persisten
Lori Shankle
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

WOW! I could not put this book down! A truly amazing journey through life and death. This book contained so much emotion and insight. I laughed and cried like I never have reading a book. Turkey amazing the way C. E. Wilson was able to convey her thoughts and reasons through both Hunter and Hadley. If you are thinking about reading this book, DONT think about it, DO IT!! I received this book as an ARC but voluntarily and whole heartedly gave it my honest review
Tera Comer
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this authors books. Her world building and characters are so life-like it is like you are standing in the background watching everything that is going on. When I started reading this I was only planning on reading a few chapters and then get some sleep. Now at quarter till two in the morning I am finished and my mind is wondering where the time went. If you enjoy short books that you know will not take ages to read this one is a must, as well as the rest of her books. I receiv ...more
Ola Adamska
Shelves: reviewed-2017
This is one of this read that you need a tissue during reading!
C.E. Wilson created a wonderful story with characters that were memorable for all readers. Hadley, i fell in love with her personality - she has her conditions (illness) but she for sure won't be sitting and cring about it. Hunter a boy, that change himself during the night (check how!) and he works for Death and he doesn't know who he was.
Check how their relationship will go, and how it will end - for me totaly unexpected!
I love sty
Julie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if you felt like death was right beside you, and you were right? That's Haldey's dilemma in A Death's Awakening. The unlikely duo and friendship that forms between Hadley and Hunter is the main focus of this novel, and what an emotional story this is. Hands down one of the best books I have read this year.

Fair warning, keep the tissues handy.
Natalya Khamone
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC from the author.
I won't go into the story line because you can get a synopsis with the book's description, but I'll go over what I felt while reading it. I was so teary-eyed when I finished this book. What a captivating, inspiring and unique story. This book gives you so many feels. It takes you to a place where you feel the insecurities Hadley feels as well as her strength, courage and love for Hunter. He is so likable and unique. I wish I knew him in real life. His backstory wa
Natalie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
C.E. is such an amazing writer because every book keeps me engrossed no matter the characters situation. This one just like the others, was AWESOME!! This one is different from the others for sure but the feelings and emotion you feel are equally if not more intense than the others.

C.E. always makes each character's life interesting to read about and the life situations they encounter are real ones. Whether they be a bit off or spot on you can relate to them and feel apart of them.

If you have
Jackie
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hadley's life seems to be an everyday, no change sort of existence, until she meets Hunter, one hot guy. Now the fun begins. Received an ARC and enjoyed reviewing. This is a not to be missed book.
Esther Haddie's Haven
Prepare to be amazed . . . and to cry.

This story brings a bit of light to two subjects. Sickness and death.
The main character, Hadley, in this story is sickly, and Death could come knocking on her door at any moment. She is
Lana
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing, but then the whole series is!!
This story will again have you on a roller coaster ride of emotions.
The characters and the chemistry between them is written beautifully.
I could not stop reading this beautiful story until the very last page, and I did not want it to end!!!
C.E Wilson is a extremely talented author that has once again written a heart wrenching story that you will love and treasure every word as you entering into this amazing story.
I highly recommend that you st

• Beauty and the Beast (Once Upon a Spell, #1)
  • Dying for a Living (Jesse Sullivan, #1)
  • Trigger (Origin, #1)
  • Rebel Wolf (Shifter Falls #1)
  • Vengeance Be Mine (Vengeance Demons #1)
  • Pretty Broken Girl (Pretty Broken, #1)
  • Soulmate (Soulmate, #1)
  • Skewed (Mercenary, #1)
  • Ben (Bear Dating Agency, #2)
  • Lucifer's Odyssey (Primal Patterns, #1)
  • Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)
  • The Black Parade (The Black Parade, #1)
  • Dark Heart (A Cooper & Quinn Mystery, #1)
  • Trouble In Paradise
  • Road Bears (Grit and Growl, #1)
  • Ellie's Encounter (Elevator Encounters, #1)
  • Ascension (The Demon Hunters, #1)
  • Life First (Life First #1)
C.E. Wilson was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, grew up in Millersville, Pennsylvania, and has been living in Pittsburgh since 2009. For the first few years living in Pittsburgh, she was an English teacher. Her first book, "Oath of Servitude," was published in 2012. In 2013, she quit teaching to be a full time author and hasn't looked back since. She loves spending time with her daughter and h ...more

Somewhere-in-Between (3 books)
  • Untitled Beauty (Somewhere In-Between Series #1)
  • Cruel and Unusual (Somewhere In-Between #2)