Start by marking “Horse flesh” as Want to Read:
Horse flesh

Horse flesh

Enter the highly competitive world of Standardbred horse racing, in this exhilarating debut from an insider.
A brilliant harness horse driver whose drug habit risks costing him everything, his cousin, a trainer who refuses to compromise her integrity, a mysterious individual known only as the Scorpion, lurking in the shadows, pulling the strings, the Director of Racing tryi
Published September 1st 2016 by Clink Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Horse flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horse flesh

Start your review of Horse flesh
Michelle Ryles
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-read
My family has always had a love of horse racing for as long as I can remember. My Great Uncle opened a successful chain of betting shops in the North East in the 1960's and my Uncle even had a stint as a jockey until his career was cut short through illness. I have fond memories of my Nanna studying the racing pages for hours before choosing her horses for the afternoon's meetings.

I've always considered horses to be such majestic beasts and marvel at the power they show when racing round a track
Lynsey Summers
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I first received my copy of Horsh Flesh, I must admit, I was a little overwhelmed at the size of it - weighing in at 703 pages I did wonder how the story was going to keep me gripped for the duration! I needn't have worried though, I flew through the book quickly, completely absorbed by the plot and fantastic characters.

There are an awful lot of characters in this book and sometimes I did struggle to keep up with the names of who was who and what they were to the story at the start, but the
Alison
Sep 09, 2016 rated it liked it
The cover of this book alone deserves five stars simply for it’s striking nature! Based on that the actual story had an awful lot to live up to expectation wise.

There is certainly plenty of action, the illustrious horse racing world is portrayed along with the seedier side of drugs, ill-treatment of the animals, to some lowlifes the creature simply implies ‘money’ hence the title .. horse flesh!

There are so many characters inter-woven into this fast paced thrill ride, the author deserves a meda
Colin Garrow
A brilliant harness horse driver risks losing everything because of a drug habit, while the Director of Racing struggles to rid the industry of its dirty tricks and dodgy practices. In this epic tale from the world of competitive Standardbred horse racing, this is a story of riders, trainers, mounties and mysterious strangers. Written by an industry insider, Horse Flesh tells the real story behind Canada's favourite sport.

Tina Sugarman certainly knows about horse racing and has an eye for detail
booksofallkinds
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
HORSE FLESH by Tina Sugarman is a fast-paced fictionalised account of the fascinating world of harness racing, that gives the reader a real insight into this unique sport. With many characters, this story shows us the racing community from every angle - from the cheaters and saboteurs who will do whatever it takes to come out on top, to the extremely talented athletes who will give it their all regardless of what is happening in their personal lives. From trainers with principles to drug issues ...more
Ann Rohdy