Start by marking “Georgiana Darcy, Matchmaker” as Want to Read:
Georgiana Darcy, Matchmaker

Georgiana Darcy, Matchmaker

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  206 ratings  ·  21 reviews
After Fitzwilliam Darcy surprised his sister, Georgiana, at Ramsgate and learned she was being tricked into eloping with his childhood friend, George Wickham; he took a most unprecedented path. Deciding Georgie was unprepared for such circumstances due to their society's preference to keep young ladies innocent and unknowing of the ways of the world, he chose to enlighten ...more
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 254 pages
Published August 31st 2016 by Harvestdale Press

To ask other readers questions about Georgiana Darcy, Matchmaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Georgiana Darcy, Matchmaker

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Georgiana Darcy, Matchmaker
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
In Georgiana Darcy, Matchmaker, we see a story where Mr. Darcy's beloved little sister travels to Hertfordshire to speed things up for our beloved couple. I've always loved what-if stories involving Georgiana, so I just had to read this! It was also interesting to see a story written in Georgiana Darcy's POV.

It had its charms, but if you're a bit of a stickler for proper regency etiquette as I am (not that I claim to have extensive knowledge of regency etiquette), some of the scenes may bother y
Leslie
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a unique P&P what if that puts one of the least appreciated characters front and center. So many authors seem at a loss at what to do with poor Georgiana; either she is literally lifted from Mrs. Reynold's description, she sings and plays all day, almost a parody of Miss Bingleys Netherfield set down of Lizzy, “Georgiana Darcy ... a great pianist, and has no pleasure in anything else.” Or she is made into a spoiled monster who only seeks to punish everyone.

In this clever story Georgiana
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
Move Over, Emma Woodhouse, There Is a New Matchmaker In Town!

TYPE OF AUSTENESQUE NOVEL: A Pride and Prejudice Variation from the perspective of Georgiana Darcy

TIME FRAME: Begins during the Bennet sisters stay at Netherfield Park through a few weeks later + epilogue

MAIN CHARACTERS: Georgiana Darcy, Mr. Darcy, the Bennet family, the Bingley family, George Wickham, Mary King, Mrs. Annesley, Captain Jacobs (original character)

WHY I WANTED TO READ THIS NOVEL:

- A new author for me that has already pub
wosedwew
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

Our Dear Georgiana -- her own story!

After being beaten down by the events at Ramsgate, Georgiana seizes her opportunity to help her beloved brother in his courtship (before he had realized he was in a courtship) and thus begins her recovery.

A wonderful story with Georgiana continuing to make errors and yet reaching maturity, told entirely in Georgiana's voice.
Elizabeth Hossenlopp
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful book from Bronwen Chisolm

This was fun all around. I enjoyed seeking Georgiana having friends everywhere. Poor girl was always so lonely. The plot was different, always a good thing. An awesome reqd!
Jenny
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, jaff, jaff-2018
I'm struggling with a review for this. The story begins when Georgiana receives a letter from her brother in which she instantly recognises his interest in Elizabeth and that he is going to run from her. So, she decides to play match maker... and to her credit, she does beautifully. I really liked her. The book is written from her perspective in the first person, which is unusual but actually very interesting. The first part of the book is about the developing relationship between Darcy and Eliz ...more
Elin Eriksen
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely story when you are in the mood for something sweet and romantic, clean and whithout angst.
Georgiana receives a letter from her brother while he his staying at Netherfield. She suspects that he is falling in love with Elizabeth but plans to run from his growing attachment. Georgiana goes to Netherfield to help the romance allong. Wickham makes his appearance and an elopment takes place but not according to canon. Worthwhile!
Elmo
Nice idea, but it just didn't work for me. Because you read only Georgiana's thoughts and observations, you completely miss the real romance for Darcy & Elizabeth. Georgiana tries to get them together and she has some successes, but you don't read Darcy's or Lizzy's thoughts, you only see how they behave toward each other and at some point it is mentioned they are engaged. And that's it. Very few conversations between them, no proposal, no romance except for 2 kisses on Elizabeth's hand, yay.
Ge
lori huff
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wonderful

I like the JAFF books wherein Georgiana Darcy is allowed to have a personality, and to have an impact on the plot. This situation is post-Ramsgate, and as the book summary indicates, Darcy has wisely decided to educate Georgiana about Wickham's worthlessness, and about such men and their schemes in general. Rather than sheltering her in the maddening way he usually does, he thinks to arm her with knowledge, and trust in her intelligence. Bravo! Darcy leaves Georgiana in the capable hand
Tamra
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4

An easy fun read but fell a little short. Too many scenarios that weren't true to the Regency era. Since we were reading from Georgianna's view, we didn't get the romance that makes JAFF fans devour JAFF books. Maybe had Georgianna's romance been a bit more detailed it would have made up for the Lack of Darcy & Elizabeth's romance. Mrs. Bennet and Lydia were portrayed a little sillier, meaner, vindictive than I like. I also found the ending a tad rushed and way out of characte
Suzanne Brighte
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-and-p
A very lovely, nice story. I knocked off a star only because it is *only* told from Miss Darcy’s POV. Not Elizabeth or Darcy’s or even in third person. Therefore, Elizabeth and Darcy’s romance is only seen as from Miss Darcy’s view and we don’t get a full understanding of all the interactions between them (since Miss Darcy cannot be there all the time or always within their hearing). You get more of Miss Darcy’s romance than D&E’s romance :(
This book would be much improved if it could show us m
William Hovey
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the first person narrative

I enjoyed this book more than any other I have read from this author. There are only two issues, though others may not agree. First, there were too many characters and situations that did not have a resolution either in the final chapters or the epilogue. Second, there were a number of distracting errors that were missed in the editing. Despite these issues, the book is recommended as a good choice to escape from the stressful environment we are experiencing at t
Marie
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaff, ku
A Wonderful Georgiana Perspective
I loved this first person account by Georgiana. I also enjoyed the the fact that she wasn’t her usual shy and timid self, although she wasn’t entirely the opposite; she did still have shy moments but overcame them. I liked that she was resolved to speak out when she felt she was right. Dialogue was good among the main characters. A really nice story. Nicely done. Highly recommend.
Susan
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: austenesque
What if after reading the letters from her brother, Georgiana Darcy decides to travel to Netherfield and meet Elizabeth Bennet. Obviously it doesn't take her long to realise that Elizabreth doesn't like her brother. So what can she do about it. And there is the mayhem caused by Wickham to contend with.
An enjoyable story.
Shauna
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Alright

A little too much back and forth in the later chapters for me. Plus, o think the blurb describing the story was way off. I'm not wild about books where secondary characters are the focus.
Sam H.
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jaff
This is more of a 3.5 for me. It started out great! The middle turned very slow and then the end kind of petered out and lost stream.
I did appreciate the writing and very few grammer/editing issues.
Michelle
Excellent book! A very wonderful variation of Pride and Prejudice!
Nisi
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Georgie's POV

Loved this story! Ms Chisholm's masterful storytelling was effortless and lacked the contrived angst that one sees in so many JAFF stories. This is a wonderful story of Georgie's growth as she humorously tried to bring about E and D's HEA while unintentionally bringing about her own. Loved Wickham's comeuppance!
Elizabeth Cohen
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Georgiana - All grown up

I love the way Ms. Chisholm used a new heroine - one Ms, Darcy , I smiled I giggled a lot and had the requisite angst . She showed us all that our little Georgie or Poppet can still be a young girl with womanly wisdom. I simply loved this book .
Mary Lou
I read this in installments before it was published on BeyondAusten.com. It was a fun story told for several view points (Georgiana, Elizabeth, Darcy...). I believe she may have changed the view to only through Georgiana's eyes, which I think could help make it less confusing. It was a fun read. ...more
Antoinette Holcomb
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Georgie

Lovely evening entertainment..

Spunky Georgie was a nice change for her character. A Delightful read enjoyed in a evening.
Vera

• The Netherfield Fire: An Elizabeth and Darcy Story
  • Saving Jane: A Variation on Pride and Prejudice
  • Pride & Perception: a Pride & Prejudice variation
  • A Timely Elopement: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
Bronwen Chisholm was raised in Central Pennsylvania, the youngest of four sisters. Though she was not introduced to Jane Austen's work until later in life, she grew up reading the Bronte sisters, Gone With the Wind, and other classics as well as watching vintage Hollywood movies. Her love of books and literature almost led her to a career as a librarian. Instead, life and love carried her to Virgi ...more

News & Interviews