Start by marking “More than Survival (A Zombie Apocalypse Love Story Book 1)” as Want to Read:
More than Survival (A Zombie Apocalypse Love Story Book 1)

More than Survival (A Zombie Apocalypse Love Story Book 1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  140 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Lucy was just nine years old when a deadly virus swept the country, killing most of the population and turning them into zombies. For the past eleven years she’s lived in seclusion with her Uncle Seamus, a prepper who was more than ready for the end of the world.

But all of Lucy’s skills are put to the test when Seamus disappears, leaving her to face the harsh winter on he
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about More than Survival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More than Survival

Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: k-u
I really enjoyed Kate’s other books about Zombies but this one fell short for me. I enjoyed the characters I really liked Lucy she is so sweet and innocent. I really like Sawyer. I am left with questions though. So I am hoping there might be answered in the next books. Onto the next.
Erika
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Let me start by saying it was a great book, I would have given it a way better rating if it wasn't for how it ended... It felt like there were many questions still unanswered and I felt like the place where it was cut off wasn't the best. It was really good the description of the place, the circumstances, their relationship, but there were a few plot lines that were thrown in, but weren't followed and I felt disappointed by this.

(view spoiler)
Terry Tyler
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Kate Mary's zombie apocalypse books, and this one is every bit as good as my favourites in the Broken World series.

Lucy was nine when the virus hit, and has spent the past eleven years in relative safety in a mountain cabin with her uncle. During that time, she's grown from child to woman without having experienced any of the 'normal' growing up stuff that girls do. Then she meets Sawyer....

I knew this was a zombie apocalypse book (favourite genre) crossed with romance (one of my least f
Celestine
This is the first book I've read by Kate L. Mary, despite my affinity for post-apocalyptic books and her prolific publishing in this genre. I ended up liking this book fine, but felt some things were under-developed.

The fine things:
* The story of how Lucy lands with Uncle Seamus was touching and detailed.
* Snippets of isolated life in the winter were interesting and realistic.
* The gradual relationship between Lucy and Sawyer was appropriate. They both had reasons, good ones, for holding back.
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wanted to love this story. Because zombies and romance. My two favorite things. But there wasn't no zombies. No walkers, no biters, no nothing. There was romance however. And it was really well done. But it still wasn't enough to make me fall in love with the story.

In fact, as we are nearing the end...it just ends. Like one second they are talking about what they were going to do in the future and then...nothing. I would find this ok had it been a cliffhanger and more was to come in the next
Mary Lee
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unfinished

This book felt really unfinished. They were one moment debating on how they would handle the trip to town and he had yet to search for the Uncle, so no idea what happened there. It could have used another couple chapters to tie up loose ends and an actual zombie encounter or even seeing one would have been nice. Not one single zombie showed its decaying face in this entire novella. So yeah, it needs MORE desperately.
2OCC Reviews
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
Zombie apocalypse? Yes please! For some reason I am so drawn in to the plot and when I saw this cover and the description, I was like YES!!!! Just what I was looking for.

Lucy was one of the most resilient heroines I've read. She never gave up even when it seemed like hope was lost and I loved that. Her inner dialogue kept the flow of the story moving at a good pace.

Sawyer had more heart break because of what happened to the world. My heart ached for him. He was such a gentleman, and I respected
Cc
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
Love this novella. Every persons opinion is so subjective so a 5⭐ rating for me will be different for others, but I just connected with Lucy. Can you (as a female) imagine not knowing ANYTHING about your sexuality? Considering that pretty much everything in our body is controlled by hormones, that would be scary and confusing. Also, the writing is very strong. I can't stand having a storyline that catches my attention and then the dialogue is stilted or the grammar atrocious, not that I could wr ...more
Meg K
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great quick read

More than survival is a post-apocalyptic romance about two people who find love and a reason to survive in the loneliness of living in a world destroyed by a virus and plagued by zombies. Sawyer and Lucy are sweet and complement each other well. Lucy, though inexperienced and mild mannered, is kind of a badass. I loved her character. I was hoping for a bit more resolution at the end but overall, it’s a really good book!
Raven
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved 99% of it....

Loved this book right up until the last page....did the author forget she had to do the school run? Needed to go grocery shopping...forget her deadline till the last minute???
WHAT HAPPENED TO UNCLE SEAMUS? Did the settlement monsters get their comeuppance? Did the get more tea???
Mikayla
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happened next?

I loved this book, and the only thing that is keeping me from giving it 5 stars is that there are so many unanswered questions. I'm missing an ending that wraps up the loose ends and completes the story. I would still recommend people to read this book, but just be prepared to end the book with a few loose ends.
Nikkita
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic, gripping story!

From the first word to the last, Kate had me hooked. I loved the story of Lucy and Sawyer so much, an accidental meeting to a wonderful love. Starting the next book right away!
Kimberly
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different in a good way

First zombie apocalypse book I have ever read and it out a very different spin on a romance. I really enjoyed it and the characters in this book. Hoping for more of this story
Kerri
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!!

Love these characters so much that you lose yourself in their story!! You'll love this one!! It's a must read!!!
Nicole Hewitt
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

This is the least actioney zombie story that Kate L. Mary has written (to my knowledge). It reads more like a sweet romance with a zombie apocalypse background. Which isn’t to say that there’s no zombie action, but if you’ve read any of Mary’s zombie books you know that the zombies become much less active in the cold winter weather. So, the humans are actually more dangerous in this story than the zombies.

Lucy has live
Heather Vern
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded this book right before I went on a long flight, needless to say I finished the book before I landed. I've always loved zombies and who doesn't love a little romance, but put the two together... and bam zombie romance. I had a great time reading this book, I would highly recommend it to anyone that's looking for a quick zombie romance read.
Aleisha Clark
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella. I think Lucy is one of my favourite characters out of all of her books. She's sweet and innocent but also has a backbone and knows how to take care of herself but also realizes that it's OK to accept help when needed. Its one of my biggest pet peeves when woman come across weak and needy in apocalypse type books but that's definitely not the case here. Loved every minute of this book and looking forward to more.
Carolyn A Hayes
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Mary L Kate keeps you wanting more. Can't wait to read next book and see what happens after winter and spring comes.
Edina
I have only one question: where is the rest of the book?
Constance
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good read. I hated that it ended so abruptly.
Kristina
Apr 14, 2017
Jan  Bond
Sep 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Award-winning author of WHEN WE WERE HUMAN and the Amazon best-selling BROKEN WORLD series, Kate L. Mary writes everything from post-apocalyptic tales of the undead to new adult contemporary romance. A mother of four and an Air Force wife, her days are divided between keeping her household in order and creating new worlds for readers to get lost in.

***Visit her website at: www.KateLMary.com

***Foll