Start by marking “Immortal at the Edge of the World (Immortal, #3)” as Want to Read:
Immortal at the Edge of the World (Immortal, #3)

Immortal at the Edge of the World

(Immortal #3)

From the best-selling author of The Spaceship Next Door:

“What I was currently doing with my time and money . . . didn’t really deserve anyone else’s attention. If I was feeling romantic about it, I’d call it a quest, but all I was really doing was trying to answer a question I’d been ignoring for a thousand years.”

In his very long life, Adam had encountered only one perso
Published September 1st 2016 (first published October 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Immortal at the Edge of the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal at the Edge of the World

Arnaud
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Absolutely great :-)

Exactly what I would have expected out of our favorite immortal in this series. Still very well written, a few good surprised along the way... On to number 4 :-)
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-edits
Brilliant end to the trilogy, with much twistiness involved in tying up all the plotlines. Lots of humour and typical Adam-ness - but no spoilers from me. You'll just have to read it for yourself. I think this might be my favourite of the series.
Liang
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, and still find the concept of the series very original and amazing. However I'm probably the odd one out feeling that the 1st book was still the best.

I'm glad Clara reappeared in this book. Brenda too! I was wondering what happened to them, but props to the author for bringing them back. (view spoiler)
Lena
Dec 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire, fantasy
This was not the laugh a minute quote fest of previous novels, this was a darker tale I should have been expecting. I knew whatever grudge the red haired woman had against him, that she carried for thousands of years, Adam had earned.

On the plus side this book gathers many of Adams far flung friends from all three novels and you can see how these reoccurrences will be cool in the future. I put stock in secondary characters.

What I hated was the return of Clara the blonde betraying "militant fem
Jason
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've always liked the premise, which has helped me stay interested in this series. The series is what I'd call a light, fun, reads. I read these kind of books when I've read too many deep thoughts kind of books, or watched too much news recently. And I can crank through them quickly, a weekend or less, often.

This book was no exception, and following the common structure of many entertainment devices, it wraps a lot of loose threads up, leaving the trilogy contained and complete, should no more b
Michael Carter
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book

I'm not sure if this is the last Immortal novel, but it does seem to be a nice wrap up to the series. There is, of course, plenty of room for more short stories to fill in the 60,000 years of Adams life.

I have very limited reading time, so the fact that I chose this as soon as I found out about it says something - it even beat out Neil Gaiman's new book of short stories.

Gene Doucette is on my list of authors to watch, and I look forward to his next book, be it another Immortal
Milan
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andy Coleman
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A SIMPLE MAN'S REVIEW:

I can't even imagine all the ideas floating around in the author's mind, but as I'm reading more and more of his work, there are definitely a lot of unique ones! The story of Adam continues on and, as with the previous books, what happened in the past is just as intriguing as what is happening in the present.

The story continues the plot within the first book - some group of people (actually the same ones) want to learn how to become immortal. So we have killing, abduction,
Chuck Kechter
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
So. Much. Fun!

This book is about an immortal man, in a world without magic (as far as he knows). He's seen too much, remembers too much, and drinks too much. A man who is looking for the only other being that he knows about who is immortal like he is. A woman named Eve.

I continue to love the nuggets of "history" throughout the book (and series). I love how, while they're not quite what I was taught in school, they still largely have the feel of what I was taught. It's just that some of the detai
Charles Wheeler
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Todd J. Perala
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

This book continues the story of Adam, the immortal. The author does a good job of portraying the different insights that an immortal might have regarding both historical and current events.
Michael Ryan
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyable as the last few volumes, with humor and excitement and global conspiracies. Doucette keeps things fast paced and somehow makes it believable that this could be happening in our world.
Robert2481
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was just fun to read. It was exciting & suspenseful & fun!
Tamer Sadek
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Its always a good sign when a series improves with each passing book! Onwards to the short stories!!
Tony
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always a great read

With a storyline spanning the history of time and an all too believable ‘hero’ with his lifetime to explore it’s a very worthwhile well researched journey
Anoop Menon
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series , as always keeps the users wanting for more .. hope we get to know more stories about Adam
Mike Chombeau
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sifi
Entertaining as usual. The author and audible narrator seem to be a perfect match.
Steve
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
What is so compelling about the idea of living forever? I'm not sure, but I do know I am enjoying these books about a fellow who does not die, and who must deal with the consequences. Lots of fun.
Eric Loflin
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good, but not as good as the first 2 books. I still enjoyed it but got kind of bogged down at times and hard to follow.
Juho Salo
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, life-story
These series surprised me. I was expecting something akin to Iron Druid-series or perhaps Dresden Files. I won't accept the blame alone. The backcover synopsis doesn't lie, but it gives completely the wrong spring. This would be like calling Marco Polo's 30-year trip to China "an epic race". Not wrong, but gives the wrong spin. And the editor (or who ever is behind these) should really do better.

Good books have one thing in common: you become invested in them and gain something you would have l
Astrid Paramita
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First up, I think I need to let you know I haven’t been in the right headspace lately to read a book. It might influence my impressions a little bit, just because it’s currently harder for me in general to finish a book.

On to the book, what I have always loved from this series is Adam’s sense of humor. He is somehow ancient, you could see from his perspective of the world, with plenty of sarcasm, which I suspect helped him (sort of) being sane. I think I said this every single time I reviewed th
Grigory Lukin
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third and final book in the Immortal trilogy is fun to read and hard to put down. Adam, the immortal with a snarky attitude and a penchant for alcoholism, gets in trouble once again, but this time the enemy isn't someone he can track down and stop. Between the CIA, the goblin assassins and very nearly omniscient international conglomerates, there's not a lot he can do to get out of his predicament.

"Immortal at the edge of the world" ties up some loose ends from the first book (while featurin
Koeur
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Publisher: Writers Coffee Shop
Publishing Date: October 2014
ISBN: 9781612132754
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 3.5/5

Publisher Description: In his very long life, Adam had encountered only one person who seems to share his longevity: the mysterious red-haired woman. She appears throughout history, usually from a distance, nearly always vanishing before he could speak to her.

Review: This is the third in the Immortal trilogy. These publishers are weird. They turned
Yatish
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a bittersweet moment for me, I'm sad that this is the last book in the series and the adventures of Adam won't be continuing in the near future. I put off reading this book for a while for this reason but in the end all good things come to an end and I just had to find out how it ends for Adam.

Adam is back for a final bravo as the beer/whiskey or any alcoholic drink chugging, wise cracking immortal man we've come to love. What I wouldn't give to have Adam drop by my place for a drink an
Lukas Lovas
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect end to the trilogy. Loved it all the way through, enjoyed it thoroughly, laughed, smiled, and finally understood all the stuff from the previous two books. A good example of a book (and a series) well done.
Update: 2nd reading with the Island of Impossible things to go next...and I found out this isn't a trilogy :D Still, it reads as one and the ending is pretty well rounded, so if you want to stop here, you can....I plan to continue, as I'm quite fond of this character :)
Eric
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the third installment (finale?) and am anxious to read the short stories now. This book introduces more of the fantastic and magical without completing diluting the world, and keeps Adam as irreverent as ever. Still, he has grown as a character just as Doucette has grown as a writer, and the stakes of this book are higher than before.

This entire series works great on a plane or a beach or a lazy weekend diversion - highly recommended.
Keith
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting premise

An enjoyable book that was decently written. The main premise is the protagonist is immortal and a secret group wants to know why and how. At times things were too much 'coincidences' that solved problems but otherwise I didn't have to suspend my disbelief much after the initial premise.
Barbara
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
The ending wasn't what I was expecting, but it makes sense. It had to be bad for Eve to have carried a grudge for so long.

However, I would have expected Adam to get a least one clue about women in 60,000 years.

Sean
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Received ARC from Netgalley for review.

I have really enjoyed this trilogy about Immortal man. It has really grown on me and it comes up way ahead of better series I have read.
Adam has really got better and better as you go through the books and I was impressed.
Merete Ødegaard
I love this trilogi. I love the concept and although I like the first one best, all three have been great fun and an interesting read. Wish there were more.

• Demon's Doorway (Damned and Cursed, #4)
  • Hounacier (Valducan, #2)
  • Consultation With a Vampire
  • White Jade Reaper (Demon Lord, #4)
  • Delete (Shift, #3)
  • Gilded Lily (Steam and Seduction, #3)
  • Evolution (The Divine, #5)
  • Duel Nature (Demon Accords, #4)
  • Half a Prayer (The Tome of Bill, #6)
  • Vision Quest (The Demon's Apprentice, #3)
  • Alien Taste (Ukiah Oregon, #1)
  • Family (Insanity, #7)
  • The Name of The Sword (The Gods Within, #4)
  • Evolution (E, #2)
Gene Doucette is a science fiction and fantasy author. His science fiction novels include THE SPACESHIP NEXT DOOR and its sequel, THE FREQUENCY OF ALIENS; the techno-thriller FIXER; and the genre mashup UNFICTION. His fantasy books include the IMMORTAL novels (of which there are currently four) and the series of novellas THE IMMORTAL CHRONICLES, as well as the standalone novella EVE. He is current ...more

Immortal (5 books)
  • Immortal (Immortal, #1)
  • Hellenic Immortal (Immortal, #2)
  • Immortal and the Island of Impossible Things (The Immortal Series Book 4)
  • Immortal From Hell (The Immortal Series Book 5)
“I know in another decade or two I’m going to have to get used to the idea of reading without paper in my hands, but I’m going to be making that trip kicking and screaming. Maybe that sounds stubborn, but my relationship with the printed word is the longest one I’ve ever had and I’m not ready to quit on it yet.” 1 likes
“Religious fanatics are the worst. They're basically impossible to bargain with, they accept no outside opinion about anything, and they departed from reality well before you met them.” 1 likes