Start by marking “Dangerous Minds” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Minds

Dangerous Minds

(Knight and Moon #2)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  9,348 ratings  ·  1,021 reviews
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER - The irrepressibly charming duo of Emerson Knight and Riley Moon returns in another gripping mystery by #1 New York Times bestselling author Janet Evanovich.

Buddhist monk Wayan Bagus lost his island of solitude and wants to get it back. The island was about two hundred miles northeast of Samoa. It had a mountain, beaches, a rain forest, and a vol
Published June 20th 2017 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Minds, please sign up.
Kathy Mayfield Edwards A character tells of having used what he thought was a ky jelly lube only to discover it was superglue. He glued himself to his date and she spent a…moreA character tells of having used what he thought was a ky jelly lube only to discover it was superglue. He glued himself to his date and she spent a year being ridiculed. Same character pretends to be a naked Bigfoot and talks about his junk and shrinkage. The evil man kills with a hatchet and cuts up people just for the fun of it. This series is truly NOT one of Janet Evanovichs best works. I love her Stephanie Plum series.(less)

·  9,348 ratings  ·  1,021 reviews

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This book had me in stitches! I wouldn't expect less from a JE book!

Vernon gets all the stars. He's freaking hilarious 😂

And the Bigfoot thing 😂 Vernon naked, covered in mud with a birds nest covering his lollipop 😂 I can't even people!

Mel ❤
Sheri
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, 2017
A line from the book sums up the story quite nicely: "another whackadoodle conspiracy theory obsession." And just like Riley, I got sucked in too. Was it a conspiracy? Was Emerson really off his rocker this time? I had to read on to find out the who, what, where, and when of Riley and Emerson's latest mission. What craziness would ensue this time?

A fun quick read, yet at times I felt as if the author was trying too hard. I got really tired of reading the idiom "for the love of Mike" and even som
Barbara
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bayb-2018

This second book in the 'Knight and Moon' cozy mystery series finds Emerson Knight and Riley Moon trying to save the world from a nefarious conspiracy. The book can be read as a standalone.

*****

Since she lost her bank job, financial advisor Riley Moon has been working for hunky eccentric billionaire Emerson Knight, trying to straighten out his financial records. Knight has no patience for this tedious paperwork, so he's thrilled when his friend, Buddhist monk Bagus Wayans, shows up at
Anita
I don't know why the National Park Service and Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders have earned JE's wrath, but she sure has made evil villains of them in this book. Actually, I kinda like the Rough Riders as Spec Ops warriors, just not the evil, murdering, plotting to take over the world kind. Anyway, this is a wonderful, entertaining, interesting, educational and humorous read. I am a diehard JE fan and this book did not disappoint.

Emerson Knight is an brilliant, eccentric, hot, handsome billionaire
Darcy
Jun 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, mystery, audio-book
I think I'm done with this series. This one was just as ridiculous as the first and had it not shown up on my library's website I wouldn't have picked it up. Too many things were too over the top and not believable even in the land of fiction.
Cheri
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although not my fave series from JE, I did enjoy the laughs I got out of this one. I liked it better than Curious Minds. Vernon never ceases to crack me up! I know ppl thought it was over the top but wth, it's fiction. I now know a ton of facts about volcanoes and strange manner,lol! I do look forward to the next crazy book :)
Scott
You know what you get with a Janet Evanovich book. An independent, pretty girl, a hunky guy (or two) to team up with, and an adventure full of mystery and silly zaniness. Solving the mystery involves visiting different locations, lots of overwhelmingly crazy characters, and comical situations throughout the adventure. There will be lots of teasing and innuendo between the pretty girl and hunky guy as they work together, but in the end the mystery will be resolved whether on purpose or by acciden ...more
Whispering Stories
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Dangerous Minds by Janet Evanovich is the second book in the Knight & Moon series and the second that I have read, the first being ‘Curious Minds‘. Once again we meet up with the unlikely team of millionaire eccentric Emerson Knight and his new side-kick ex-bank worker Riley Moon – To find out how the two ended up working together you will need to read book one.

This time the pair are on the trail of a missing island. Buddhist monk Wayan Bag
Barbara Rogers
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-read, mystery
Series: Knight and Moon #2
Publication Date: 6/20/17

When I’m ready for smiles, giggles and guffaws encased in an intriguing mystery, Janet Evanovich is my go-to author. Just picture sitting on your sofa listening to or reading this book and you just burst out laughing and your spouse looks at you like you have suddenly gone nuts. That is the way it is through this entire book. The characters are busy investigating a very serious mystery and you are sitting there with a huge smile on your face. It
Cyndi
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wayan Bagus is a monk and a friend of Emerson Knight. When his island disappears Wayan Bagus asks Emerson for help in finding it.
This begins another adventure for Knight and our heroine, Riley Moon. In this episode we bring in Vernon, Emerson’s cousin and partner in previous exploits.
These four characters are hilarious as they try to save the world. Excellent series! Can’t wait for more!! 🤗
Gail
I don't even know where to begin with this book. I 'liked' the first Knight & Moon book; not loved but gave it points for being the first book in what I thought would be a fun series. Boy was I wrong.

This book is a silly mess. Aimed for humor, I think, but most of the humor was juvenile and really not funny. Who wrote this book? This isn't the Evanovich of old, the lady who wrote some very funny, very enjoyable Loveswept romances, some of which I have in audio and listen to very often.

Nique
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Meh...I think this sequel is going downhill from the first. Or maybe I'm just feeling that all of Evanovich's characters are the same and it's getting boring
Sophia
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For years, I've been meaning to try a Janet Evanovich book. I thought it would be her acclaimed Stephanie Plum series, but then this one which was only two books in, caught my eye and, yes, I confess, it was because I adore Lorelei King as a narrator.

I was a little concerned that I was picking up the second book in a series, but shrugged it off. Dangerous Minds ended up doing just fine out of order and would work as a standalone.

The book opens with a startling arrival to wealthy Emerson Knight'
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
www.touchmyspinebookreviews.com
Review from my personal blog

Hello fellow bilbliophies and random internet users today I will be reviewing Janet Evanovich's newest NY Time's bestseller Dangerous Minds. This book made me laugh my a** off and pardon me, that's a whole lot of a**! I especially loved Vernon's character in this book! His ignorance is hilarious and quite charming. I also thoroughly enjoyed Riley Moon and Emerson Knight's relationship and how they qork togetger to save the day! I enjoyed
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
funny funny funny with clever banter, real honest to goodness interesting information and action.
an actual comment I once received on a report I submitted (junior high): "well written in your own inimitable style"...I think it applies absolutely to "Dangerous Minds"! Evan Ovid cracks me up and I reeeallllly needed some smiles this week.
Meeghan
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah Janet… you certainly have a formula, don't you. Not that I’m complaining, it’s a formula that works, and is highly enjoyable, it’s just predictable!

I will absolutely admit there came a point around fifty pages in where Riley’s car take a hatchet to the hood and then starts leaking fluids - we assume at this point that the car is not going to make it - and all I thought was “Oh my god. She’s Stephanie reincarnated.” It was around that point I considered putting the book down, but then I though
Ronald
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, evanovich
Normally I am a big fan of the silliness of a Janet Evanovich book.
But I really do not like either of the main characters Knight and Moon. They are both unlikable. One is a selfish billionaire only interested in satisfying his desires and wants. The other is his female victim of constant abuse. I don't get the relationship between the two as it is not nice or fun or healthy.

The worst part of the story was the final chapter. The final chapter contains a number of typos and grammatical errors bad
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Cute, though I kept drifting from the story. I think my problem was the characters. As charming and lovable as they were, their antics felt like a repeat from the previous book. There was no real growth or evolution thus the story fell a little flat.

However, I do really like the characters and long for more. Is that wrong?

Narration was excellent as always with LK.
Kathy Davie
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Second in the Knight and Moon comic romantic suspense series and revolving around a mismatched trio of characters.

My Take
It’s obvious. It’s silly. It’s James Bond action at its funniest with a crazy billionaire who connects the dots when half of them are missing and a cousin who firmly believes in Bigfoot.
”What choice do I have but to be myself? Everyone else was already taken.”
It’s Riley who’s the straight man in all this while Evanovich pulls in memes from television and movies as they go afte
Jennifer Woodward
This series by Evanovich rehashes some of the same characters in different form as her other series. Vernon/Lula, Riley/Alani/Stephanie, Knight/Fox. So although this is only the 2nd book in the Knight and Moon series, longtime Evanovich readers will easily slip into the zany world of Emerson Knight. If you can get around this fact, and have an interest in science, nature and/or technology, this book is sure to satisfy. Much of the book takes place in Hawaii’s lava tubes in a chase to retrieve st ...more
Katelyn
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hilarious, mystery
Another outrageous and humorous addition to this series. The events that take place are so unbelievable but once you get past that, it's a fun series. I love the banter between Emerson and Riley and I think it was played up a lot more in this installment, which was enjoyable. While Evanovich definitely has a formula for her books, this one has me hooked enough to keep reading.
Kryssi D'Eredita
I should have stopped this series after I didn't like the first book. I guess I hoped it would get better with this one. Nope. No more Knight and Moon for this girl.
Heidi
Jul 19, 2017 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Two thirds of the way through. Too ridiculous. Can't tolerate it anymore.
Lakshmi C
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rtc
Judy
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I love the quirkiness of the characters. And since I was just at Yellowstone National Park, I had a bit of a giggle.
Jackie Lane
Okay, this one was a bit far-fetched for me.

I do like Emerson and the playful banter kept me going through this one. That and the times I laughed out loud.

I also love that Lorelei King was the narrator.
Kimberlee
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
4.5 Giggle Me Silly Stars

There is just something about book with characters that really belong in a Three Stooges movie. Emerson Knight, sexy, handsome, brilliant minded, but slightly eccentric. His assistant Riley Moon, seems to be the only logical one, until forced into danger and she becomes the female version of Rambo.

This series is not for the serious minded reader, but those who want to laugh till they giggle themselves silly. I love it, and look forward to many more to come.
Maureen
More like a 3.5. Reliable entertainment from Ms. E. There were laugh out loud moments. Same narrator in the audio version as they have been using for the Stephanie Plum books, and I like her, but Vernon sounds a bit too much like Lula sometimes LOL. This one had a science-y plot too it, hope of some of it at least was based on some thing vaguely true. Keep them coming!
Linda
I always enjoy books by Janet Evanovich, and this one was no exception, even though my favorite bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum, isn’t even in it this time. Both my DH and I were repeatedly laughing throughout the audio version during our otherwise-boring car ride. Kudos also to Lorelei King, the reader, who did a really good job. In this book, an island has disappeared, and Emerson Knight and his hilarious buddies have been tasked with finding
it for their monk friend. The big question: is the Na
Benjamin  Thomas
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
I like the Knight and Moon series, but this one just bothered me for some reason. Love the humorous tone of writing by Evanovich, didn't like a particular character--Vernon. In my opinion, he had too much weight in the book, which didn't seem integral too the story. That probably sums up my frustration the most. So many parts weren't integral to the overall story.

The plot was entertaining and even well written, but seemed way to ridiculous for me. I've been reading a lot of serious, heavy books
Janet Evanovich B...: Dangerous Minds excerpt 2 6 Oct 03, 2017 03:46PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #136 - Dangerous Minds 1 1 Aug 15, 2017 12:53PM
  • Foul Play
  • Lark! The Herald Angels Sing (Meg Langslow, #24)
  • Ghost of a Potion (A Magic Potion Mystery, #3)
  • Cupcakes, Diaries, and Rotten Inquiries (Annie Graceland Mystery #5)
  • Dead Ex
  • The Devil's Triangle (A Brit in the FBI, #4)
  • The Exiled Blade (The Assassini, #3)
  • Silence of the Lamb's Wool (Yarn Retreat Mystery, #2)
  • Smooth Operator (Teddy Fay, #1)
  • No Biz Like Showbiz (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #4)
  • A Body to Die For (Savannah Reid, #14)
  • Once Upon a Grind (Coffeehouse Mystery, #14)
  • Star Mage (The Enslaved Chronicles, #3)
  • Posing in Paradise
  • Dark Oracle (Oracle, #1)
  • Don't Go Home (Death on Demand, #25)
  • Murder and Marinara (An Italian Kitchen Mystery, #1)

Knight and Moon (2 books)
  • Curious Minds (Knight and Moon, #1)
“It has been my experience that the only normal people are those you don’t know very well.” 6 likes
“Criminy, Emerson. That’s even worse,” Riley said. “Who asks someone he’s just met if she’d like to see his thimbles? That’s serial killer creepy.” Emerson” 3 likes