Start by marking “Bonfire (Hours of the Night #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Bonfire (Hours of the Night #1.5)

Bonfire

(Hours of the Night #1.5)

Silent night, holy hell.

Thaddeus and Sarasija are spending the holidays on the bayou, and while the vampire’s idea of Christmas cheer doesn't quite match his assistant’s, they’re working on a compromise. Before they can get the tree trimmed, they’re interrupted by the appearance of the feu follet. The ghostly lights appear in the swamp at random and lead even the locals
ebook, 1, 99 pages
Published November 15th 2016 by Prescourt Books

To ask other readers questions about Bonfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bonfire

Dia
4,5 rounded to 5 stars

I adored the first book in this series, Vespers! I fell in love with Sarasija and Thaddeus, so of course I wanted to read Bonfire too.

This novel is the sequel of Vespers and not a very short one, as I expected it to be. It's actually the 1,5 book in this series. And I can't wait to read the next book too!

It's been a couple of months since I read Vespers and I missed Thad and Sara so much! They became very dear to my heart, being so sweet but strong in the same time.

The ac
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Christmas on the Bayou, cher, with gators and some weird lights!

This little novella is set during the holidays but it's not too Christmasy for those averse like myself. It's the continuation of Sara and Thad's story and how they're growing closer. They are still a work in progress but they're getting there and this story only endeared the two of them further to me.

"I think, Sara, you could ask me to hang the Christmas star in the heavens, and I would find a way to accomplish the task."

There
Len Evans Jr
Really enjoyed this book as it was absolutely a perfect way to add-on to the series with a christmas- themed paranormal mystery. Thaddeus and Sara were awesome, loved how Sara got Thaddeus to ungrinch a bit it is just what he needs. Also love the way the author are growing Thaddeus in the way he views his relationship with Sara. Here is hoping that, though he may be taking baby steps now he will at one point stop hating himself and what he is!
Kazza
4.5 Stars I really wish Goodreads would give us that half star.

Sweet and sexy and romantic Christmas novella spent with two of my faves, Thaddeus and Sara.

Review at -
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png

⚣Michaelle⚣
4.2 Stars

Lovely, sexy quirky little holiday tale. There's just something entirely too appealing about this devout Catholic vampire and his adorably pseduo-atheist Indian assistant. Sarasija's excitement abounds for celebrating this Christmas and a little bit of funky bayou-magic isn't gonna get in his way. Also, Thaddeus' adoration is ridiculously sweet.
“I think, Sara, you could ask me to hang the Christmas star in the heavens, and I would find a way to accomplish the task.”
I mean, who wouldn
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the authors. This has in no way influenced my review.*

These characters are wonderful and I just love them! It’s been a while since I’ve found a new series in which I really just kind of adored the characters, but Sara and Thaddeus and their relationship just make me happy. They were yet again so realistic and well-written, and their interactions with each other felt so natural. (How cute is it that they watch Antiques Roadshow together and Tha
Ulysses Dietz
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bonfire (Hours of the Night, 1.5)
Irene Preston and Liv Rancourt
Cover by Lou Harper
ISBN: 9780996809948
Five stars

A seductive action and emotion-packed novella that serves as a sequel to “Vespers,” Rancourt and Preston’s larger vampire novel. We celebrate the first Christmas of century-old vampire Thaddeus Dupont together with his assistant, Seattle-born Sarasija Mishra. Sara, being a good American millennial, in spite of his family’s lapsed-Hindu traditions, grew up with Christmas trees, pretty co
Tifferz
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars, 3 Flames
The second book in the Hours of the Night series where Sara and Thad are falling into their love/lust and getting to know each other more. Thad is still coming to terms with his feelings and that his "sin" is in a way justified and something he deserves. Sara wants all of Thad but understands that their traditions are very different and well old.

I was excited for this one because I have fallen in love with this story line. A vampire who fights demons for the Vatican in order to
Allison
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, favorites
This is so sweet, and cute, and fun. I smiled through so much of this! Exactly what a holiday story should be. I get such a kick out of Thad, he's so sweet and I love how he spoils Sara. 😍😍😍
Diverse
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Liv Rancourt and Irene Preston truly are a power house duo in the co-authoring department. Each book they write together whether long or short I fall hard for and Bonfire is no exception.

I adore these characters. They never irritate me and often they are so in tune with each other that I, the reader, can almost guess where it's going or even the dialog that the other will say. I always love Sara because of his humor. Humor is huge for me. I always say if you can make me laugh you have won me ove
Joyfully Jay
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

I want to begin by saying I loved, loved, loved Vespers, the first book in this series. The characters are wonderful, and they’re beautifully written, and I kind of can’t resist demon fighting vampires. I was overjoyed to see a sequel, a holiday sequel at that. I was definitely not disappointed.

Thaddeus and Sara are back, and they’re as perfect as they were in book one. Here in Bonfire, they’re more charming, though. I loved reading about how their relationship has
Gillian
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

If you were a fan of Vespers, the first book in the Hours Of The Night series, you will love this novella. Sara and Thaddeus are back, still trying to figure out how to define their relationship, while investigating some mysterious lights (“feu follet” in local terms) in the bayou and fending off increasingly worried neighbours.

Sara is his usual laid back self, quietly encouraging rather than pushing Thad into accepting his affections by bringing
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the second book in a series, and really should be read in order.

Thad and Sara are getting used to being a couple, planning a quiet, somewhat cheerful Christmas at Thad's home in the bayou. Though a nominal Hindu, Sara's parents celebrated a secular "American" Christmas, and he's a little homesick missing his family. Thing is, weird lights are appearing in the mist, and leading people out into the murk. It even grabs hold of Thad, who (as a vampire) is totally light-sensitive, but it does
Kathy
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016, horror
**I was given this book by the author for a fair and honest review.

I absolutely loved the first book in this series, Vespers, so I can't really say that I am surprised at how much I enjoyed this novella as well. This follows Thaddeus and Sarasija (Sara) as they spend their first Christmas together. They decide to spend it at Thaddeus' home on the Bayou. It's really hard to say too much about this book, since this is the 2nd (1.5) in a series. I want people to go out and read the first book witho
Tracey
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Readers who enjoyed Vespers should really love this novella set back on the bayou just as the Christmas season approaches. Sara and Thaddeus have been living together for a few months now as boyfriend and .... well... assistant? Yep, Thaddeus is still as straight-laced in this book as the last one. In the last book we had demons and problems with the clergy. In this, we have strange lights in the bayou - the 'feu follet' and increasingly suspicious neighbours.

So mixed in with a mystery which Th
Jennifer Oliveira
*ARC provided by the author*

(It's a bit late for the 'advanced' part but these last weeks have been a mess, I apologize.)

This was a lovely novella. Thaddeus is currently my favorite vampire character in the whole literature world. He is down to earth, he still has his flaws, the author doesn't feel the need to constantly comment on his beauty or super powers and he's got very human intentions and motivations.

Sara's character did disappoint me here. It felt like part of his "kickass-ness" was st
bookfaerie
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet extension of the blossoming affection/love between Thaddeus and Sara during the holiday season in New Orleans. The couple continues to be challenged by their differences and the world around them and the generations they were born to. However, their love withstands the tests life throws at them and strengthens and deepens and they learn to compromise for each other. A light-hearted and joyful holiday read with a sweet ending that will bring a tear or two to your eyes. Enjoy!
Lisa
Back to the swamp for Thad and Sara.
Christmas is coming and Sara is starting to decorate the house for the hokidays, however mysterious lights start appearing which have our two intrepid MCs investigating.
A nice interlude with our MCs interacting more with the local town.
Roll on the next book in the series.
Jeannie Zelos
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bonfire
Hours of the Night 1.5,  Irene Preston & Liv Rancourt

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:   Romance, LGBTQIA

I loved the first book, and enjoyed this. I very rarely read novellas, but one of the few exceptions is where like this its part of a series I’m already following.
You could read this alone, but I think you’ll get more from it if you read the first book and understand how Sara and Thad came together.

They’re still finding their way, Thad is still struggling with his con
Donna
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

The Christmas stories have begun! And this was one hell of a tale to kick off the season with.

Sara and Thaddeus are back, fully recovered from the events of book #1 and preparing to celebrate the holidays. Well, Sara is preparing for the holidays and Thaddeus is wondering what they’re going to do with all of the lights that Sara ordered online. The two men have settled into a somewhat awkward relationship. While there’s no denying their connection or desire to be in a relationship, Thad
Lisa The Novel Approach
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars ~ If you read and loved Vespers, book one in the Hours of the Night series, you ought to be pretty excited to grab Bonfire. Thaddeus and Sara are spending their first holiday together on the bayou, something Sara aims to make a special occasion of, considering his future with Thad is only as secure as the contract that guarantees his employment until next summer. And with Thad being a vampire and virtually immortal, time itself is a conflict that the mortal Sara means to use as the mot ...more
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the authors for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***

BONFIRE is book 1.5 in the Hours of the Night series, but can be perfectly read as a standalone, which is what I did. Despite that, I can assure you that after reading this book, I will try to read Vespers as soon as possible as I was captivated in this world Irene Preston & Liv Rancourt have created.

Thaddeus Dupont is a 115-year-old vampire is spen
Dana
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Reviewed for Rainbow Gold Reviews

I really enjoyed this novella and was glad to read about Sara and Thaddeus again even though it hasn’t been a long wait for me. Both characters are more complex than they look on the outside. Sara was raised with parents who were Athiest and Hindu, but he is a Christmas fanatic. The holiday has always been more about being American to his family and his parents who were immigrants. Celebrating the holidays were important to them though. This year his father isn’
Kameron
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - (review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

Thaddeus Dupont isn't your ordinary vampire. He's a hitman for the Catholic church, eliminating the world of the demons he's assigned. He's also a vamp in love with a man, donates money to a women's shelter, and celebrates Christmas.

Yeah, Christmas and vampires shouldn't go together. Picking out a tree, decorating it, and gift exchanging isn't common practice for blood suckers. Stepping out of the norm is was separates L
Debbie Christiana
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thad and Sara are back and just in time for the holidays. Mysterious lights have arrived at the bayou of New Orleans and they aren't Christmas lights...

This story continues on from Vespers (but it's a stand alone) and we find Thad and Sara coming into their own and more comfortable with each other, their complicated relationship and figuring out the best way a Hindu and vampire should celebrate Christmas. In the midst of that, the lights appear. The effect for the most part, is disorienting peop
Robyn
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, m-m
This is a short and sweet novella in the Hours of the Night series. Thad and Sara are getting ready for Christmas and are drawn in to an unexplained occurrence happening in the town. Mysterious lights in the swamp are compelling the locals to search them out and they emerge later on disoriented. The duo try to solve the mystery before anyone seriously gets hurt.

Thad and Sara seem to be getting closer, but Thad still feels extremely guilty for his budding relationship with Sara, but they do have
Diane
M/M UF holiday novella w/mystery (#1.5, but my first of the series). Call it 2.75 for Goodreads.

Not bad plot-wise (mystery solved, in a holiday-appropriate way, albeit a bit quickly), and pretty well written, but the guys have so little security/communication in their relationship still. And vampire Thad's guilt and austerity don't really make his appeal for cheerful, extroverted Sarasija clear.
As for technicalities, it's generally well-edited. The PoV is sometimes Thad's, in first person, and s
Achim
3.5
Christmas preparation in the swamps of Louisiana while your closeted boyfriend is a vampire with a strong catholic believe and you're Hindu and out might not promise much success but then it really might.

Now that Thad's self-flagellation, his old catholic view on sins and his strong believe that he has no soul anymore are toned down it's a lighter, more enjoyable read but of course it's missing also some depth and the characterization of their neighbors are too one dimensional but after all i
Ilona
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having read book one of this series and enjoyed it, I was expecting to do the same here, I was not disappointed. Liv and Irene have a way of combining their words to produce an enjoyable, action-packed, suspenseful read that I couldn't put down. I am so looking forward to reading many more books about Sara and Thad and truly hope Liv and Irene continue to give me hours of pleasure with this series.
Magnolia
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
From Magnolia Reviews: Four Petals

Bonfire picks up from where Vespers left off. This is a short story, but it builds new facets and gives more depth to the relationship between Sara and Thad, which I really enjoyed. I also liked the plot a lot too. I definitely recommend this book.

Read the full review on Maggie's website: http://magnoliareviews.weebly.com/rev...
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Bonfire, by Irene Preston and Liv Rancourt 1 3 Jan 11, 2017 03:39AM
Irene Preston has to write romances, after all she is living one. As a starving college student, she met her dream man who whisked her away on a romantic honeymoon across Europe. Today they live in the beautiful hill country outside of Austin, Texas where Dream Man is still working hard to make sure she never has to take off her rose-colored glasses.

Hours of the Night (2 books)
  • Vespers (Hours of the Night #1)
  • Nocturne (Hours of the Night, #2)