Start by marking “Sydney (The Dimarco Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sydney (The Dimarco Series, #2)

Sydney

(Dimarco #2)

Lies and Lust collide in the second book of the Dimarco Series, creating the perfect catalyst for an explosion.

Love. Trust. Loyalty.

Meaningless words to Sydney Harris who has been dealt blow after blow. Literally.
Her once ideal life is changed forever by tragedy and one terrifying monster.

Breaking free, she rebuilds her life, and meets a man. A man whose mere presence make
Published August 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Sydney, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sydney

Darlene Avery
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sydney and Cameron are two volatile and consuming characters.

I like the way Jennfier Hanks plays her readers hearts with twist and turns, and leaves us guessing where she’s going to take us next.

4 Stars
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Sydney by Jennifer Hanks is book Two in The Dimarco Series. This is the story of Sydney Harris and Cameron Dimarco. I have read the previous book, but feel you can make this a standalone book if you choose to do so.
Sydney is working to start over after a very bad abusive breakup. The man that Sydney broke from is a bad mafia type guy who is we later learn is using her brother. Cam is from a very close knit family and being undercover to bring down the bad guy is keeping him and his family apart
Bookgyrl
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Dimarco family series. The epilogue of 'Lucy' gave us the intro to this book about Cameron (Christian's missing twin) who has been on a FBI case for almost 2 years, all the while leaving his family in the dark he is alive. Sydney is a young woman connected to the case he is investigating.

Family and people-like-family are the main factors in this series. We don't get to see the Dimarco family much in this book but enough to feel their closeness. I do (still) think
Tarah Hodges-Wilkins
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, series, netgalley
I cannot get enough of the Dimarco Family! This is Sydney Harris and Cameron Dimarco story. A forbidden love story with enough thrilling suspense and steamy chemistry that will have you on the edge of your seat until the very last page.

*ARC kindly given by @netgalley for my honest opinion.*
Christine C
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m working my way through the DiMarco Series by Jennifer Hanks.
SydneySydney is the second book in the DiMarco series and features the DiMarco brother Cameron, twin of Christian from Lucy’s book. Cameron is working a long-term undercover assignment with the FBI trying to take down a local drug kingpin. Sydney is the ex-girlfriend of the target and Cameron is to get close to her to find out what she knows.

Sydney owns a coffee shop with her best friend Maddie. Her parents were killed in a car acc
Somia
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Cam Dimarco is undercover trying to bring down a villain, due to a promise he made to a man who was like his brother, and during his investigation, he comes across Sydney Harris, someone both eh and his boss think could be key to finally cracking the case and bringing down a monster.

When it comes to his awesome family, Cam has been MIA for 2 years, his family (excluding Luke) had no idea where he was and if he was ok, so when they are reunited whilst everyone is more than happy that he is alive
NovelMomma
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating - 4

I love the Dimarco family! The value of family, loyalty, and protecting those they love comes through in spades with this family. The suspense keeps me on edge turning page after page, anxious to see what will happen and how everything will work out. The romance keeps me swooning and cheering for the HEA I know is coming, but must be fought for.

Cam’s story is a little bit different as he is separated from the rest of the Dimarcos for part of the book. Silly as it may sound, I missed th
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Holy what a turn! Sydney is an epic follow up to Lucy in the Dimarco series. Sydney takes what you think you know about this family and spins it around. This book is slap full of action, secrecy, deceit, and danger. This book has it's own atmosphere to it.

I loved the plot to this book. I was not sure how I was going to feel, but as the story progressed, I really fell in love with it. All the secrets being kept really amps up the high intensity of the book. I really liked Sydney. She was a bit na
Peta Benjamin
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in The Dimarco series is Cam and Sydney's story.

When Sydney lays eyes on Matt in the coffee shop she owned with her best friend Maddie, she had no idea of the consequences agreeing to go on a date with him would bring down upon her.

Cameron Dimarco hasn't ben seen or heard from for two years. His family are devastated they don't know his whereabouts and can only think the worst of what has happened to him.

Recruited by the FBI for the last two years to bring down Danny Sullivan, Cam is unde
Beyond The Covers Blog
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gail
Sydney Harris has her best friend Maddie and her brother Liam and thats all she needs. She got rid of her abusive ex and now she and Maddie run the coffee shop.

Then hot guy walks in and invites her to join him for a coffee,small talk ensues and she has a date for that night.He tells her his name is Matt and she tells him to call her Syd.

Matt works fast he gets a date with Syd,what she dosen't know is he's  under cover agent Cameron Dimarco and he needs information on her ex and her brother.Her e
Teri
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Three stars because I wanted more of the family!!!!!!! The DiMarco family clan is the best part of the series! Ben and the sister didn’t even make an appearance :(

Sydney... she really started to get on my nerves. I can understand she reluctance but she didn’t alway make the smartest decisions.

Cam... it was nice to finally meet him, LOL. What was missing here, was how/when he left his former occupation and how he got into the new. And how he justified not even contacting his family in all that t
Jessica
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, I fell in love with Syd and Cam.
When you read this book you will feel the same way. I honestly feel this way. There is just something about these two characters that is so realistic for me. Maybe they remind me of someone I know. Maybe. I don’t know.

Cam is on an undercover mission with the FBI. To get closer to the people he is watching, he gets close to Sydney. Only, he didn’t intend for his feelings to be so strong. He simply can’t resist her. Too bad she no longer trusts him now since s
Jeanne
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, jeep-diva
In Hanks first book in the Dimarco Series, Lucy, the reader knows only that Cameron's twin Christian was a Marine but has been missing for a year. Cam is devasted at the loss of his brother. It's one of the major reasons he doesn't think he can love. How can he enjoy his life while his brother is gone, potentially in a bad situation? As the books nears completion, Cam catches sight of Christian outside the hospital where their new nephew has just been born. He's understandably incredibly angry a ...more
Myreadbooks
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform and Netgalley for this partnership.

I still love the covers of the books in this series as much as ever.

In this second opus, we find Sydney who was beaten by her companion. She's going to try to start a new life and meet a man. Except the man who beat her is going to come back to the surface, she's going to ask herself a lot of questions. A despised woman and an angry man will confuse him in this second book. Will they succeed in
Robin Sweeney
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Dimarco series is a great addition, we learn more about each family member, and you meet one that wasn't present in Lucy. There's lots of Drama and action added to the large family chaos we've seen. There's some game playing on both the sides of Sydney and Cameron which at times can get a bit juvenile but that's real life sometimes when people don't know how to express their feelings. The one thing you begin to learn about these Dimarco boys is they will not tolerate the ...more
Samantha
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lies danger and love

Sydney is out of a horrendous relationship and is making a life for herself in New Hope with her best friend. Cam has been hiding for 2 years and is working to find the bad guy and bring him down. When these two meet the chemistry is off the charts.

What should be one amazingly sweet start is ripped apart when the lies come to light and they are faced with some serious road blocks. They both want to bring down Syds ex but they have to learn to trust.

Its quite the book and i
Paula D
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cam has been working with the FBI and away from his family for 2 years now everything has changed. What Cam didn’t realize was meeting Sydney and changing his life. Definitely a intense book at times other times I swooned. I loved both Sydney and Cam each love hard. Both care so much about there families that they would do anything for. Definitely a must read for romance fans and this series! 5/5 stars
Cali Gals
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! This book has a lot of intrigue mixed with its spicy. Wink. Yes it is a romance so you won’t get away from that... thank goodness! Haha!

Cameron and Sydney are wonderful together. Ugh everything starts out as lies with them and trust is hard won in this story’s telling.

Prostitution, drugs, and money laundering are some of the topics tackled. Cameron is under cover and Sydney is caught unknowing in the middle. I won’t say more... other than ya gotta read it. Eek. Happy Reading!
Ga Books LoverX
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
These Dimarco men are freaking amazing! This story is about Sydney and Cam. Cam has been working an undercover op for the past 18 months and has not had any contact with his family except for his brother Luke. This book is about getting know the family that you have left for over a year that thought you were dead, forgiveness, and so much freaking love.

I adored it- 4.5 outta 5 from me!

PS: I received this book as an ARC and am honestly reviewing it.
Kirstie Ibrahim
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book and this was just as great. I will be reading the rest in the series.

We are introduced to Cameron, another Dimarco brother and continue to see a bit of all the others along the way. An interesting storyline that keeps you turning page after page and one that I struggled to put down. Sydney was also a great addition to the female ensemble of the family.
My Own Bookshelves
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Check out my full series review on my blog at My Own Bookshelves:
New-To-Me and New-To-You: Spotlight Jennifer Hanks
SCBookAddict
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm falling in love with this series! Sydney (Book 2) is a book about self-worth, trust, and love. This book also contains surprises that will make buckle up b/c you will be with the DiMarco family for the long haul! The epilogue will make you want to skip sleep and dive into book 3.
Catherine Rice
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book, the Dimarcos are brilliant and I’m addicted to this series!
Allena
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loving this series
Kate
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition!!

I loved Cam and Sydney’s story! So much there to love and it made me so happy to see Cam brought back to his family! I can’t wait to read more!
Rebecca Bistel
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved

I Cam and Sydney. They definitely had their issues but were able to work though them. I love the element of suspense in this series
Reading with 2 book lovers
This is the second book in this series and can be read as a standalone, I enjoyed it and really liked Sydney. I reccomend this book.
Spunky N Sassy
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was full of surprises and was unexpected. I couldn’t put it down.
sharon jungjohann
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm s new fan

Excellent job of keeping the story fast paced.I loved this book as much as the first Now I'm on to the 3rd Hope there's more soon
Mary Anthony
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, thrilling, passionate

The second book draws you in note than the first!!! I don't know how I'm going to be patient enough for the rest of the family stories! Amazing story telling with the right amount of passion and incredible family stories! Love this family and want to be a part of it!

• Hell Will Rise (Bloodthirst Mafia #1)
  • Daughter Of The Night
  • The Dawn (Book 1)
  • Winter's Siren
  • Taming Your Pet Monster: An Operational Guide
  • Rocking Autumn
  • Six Weeks with a Lord
  • Faetal Distraction (Blood Crown, #1)
  • Finding Me
  • Star Rider on the Razor's Edge
  • Angel of Fear (The Third Throne, #4)
  • A Walk in the Clouds
  • The Curve
  • The Half Life (Legacy of Lilly Guthrie, #1)
  • Kiss of a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #2)
  • Two Dukes are Better Than One
  • Moments in Time
  • Chasing Xander (The Collins Brothers, #2)
Jennifer Hanks is the author of The Dimarco Series as well as The Elite Securities Series. Her stories are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, all with the underlying message of the power and strength in love. She’s also a sucker for a Happily-Ever-After. Her love of reading and books in general started at a very young age and has steadily grown into a love of writing as well. She admits t ...more

Dimarco (7 books)
  • Kasey (The Dimarco Series, #0.5)
  • Lucy (The Dimarco Series, #1)
  • Gianna (The Dimarco Series, #3)
  • Elaina (The Dimarco Series, #4)
  • Kate (The Dimarco Series, #5)
  • Grace (The Dimarco Series, #6)