Start by marking “Insight” as Want to Read:

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  459 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
A shocking revelation could tear them apart…or open their eyes to a whole new world. Olivia Cline has followed her husband to a new town, hoping for a fresh start after Derek’s affair with a coworker. But even before they move into their new home, tragedy strikes, and Derek is gone. With no job and precious little money, how will she cope? Going back to Chicago isn’t an op ...more
Paperback, Re-issue/update with new epilogue, 336 pages
Published August 12th 2016 by Raney Day Press

To ask other readers questions about Insight, please sign up.
Amanda I'm sure it's because of how she thought she'd be perceived. Would people believe that her husband was the baby's father, or would they think she'd…moreI'm sure it's because of how she thought she'd be perceived. Would people believe that her husband was the baby's father, or would they think she'd been unfaithful to him, or at least to his memory so quickly after his death? I also think the shock of finding herself pregnant in the midst of so many life altering changes caused her to look at all the negative aspects of her pregnancy first, before she could experience the joy and wonder of having a child.(less)

Stefanie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deborah Raney penned such a beautiful story in Insight. The storyline was somewhat predictable, with the hints of mystery easy to figure out, but I still found the story sweet and enjoyable.
Olivia Cline was a character you could see in yourself. The up and down emotions during tragedy, the confusion, the insecurities and anger. She was so relatable and it made her very likeable.
Reed Vincent was also a very relatable character and Deborah Raney described his work as an artist beautifully. I could
Hope
Deborah Raney stands above most Christian authors if this book is any indication of her talent. The characters are multi-layered and likable. The Christianity is natural, not forced, and does not offer too-easy answers to life's questions. And the writing is very good. (Clarity and ease of expression are surprisingly rare in Christian fiction.)

The book blurb makes it sound melodramatic, but it's actually a pretty solid story. I could have done without the silly epilogue, but up till that point i
Oct 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite an interesting and satisfying read. Christian romantic fiction like this can often be cheesy and unrealistic, but at times I find it strangely comforting and get inexplicable cravings for it. I wish I lived in the world they describe, a world where everyone in the entire town loves God, bakes cookies, goes to church and lives in a two-storey house on a beautiful tree-lined street.
But yeah, I like the way Deborah Raney writes - she's one of the better Christian romance authors I've
Sadie VanderKodde
Too predictable, and too many errors. I realize this is an updated edition of an older version, but I can't believe editors don't catch the inconsistencies that obviously weren't updated. The doctor is a female at the beginning, a male part-way through, and then a female again a few sentences later.

Her friends are Michael and Claire Meredith at the beginning, become Michael and Claire Anderson half-way through, then are back to being the Merediths again at the end.

But it was a sweet story that
Ruth Kyser
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story!

What a wonderful story of God's love and faithfulness. I didn't want the book to end. Great job, Ms. Raney!
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At my local writers’ conference this July, I was blessed to meet author Deborah Raney and her artist husband Ken Raney. Her book Insight intrigued me because the storyline featured an artist. Since I’m an artist, I decided to choose this book as my first taste of her large collection of Christian fiction titles.

I enjoy fiction, but I don’t read it very often because I put my life on hold to finish the book (if it’s good enough). Insight drew me in and I read it all the way through on one Sunday
Shirley Chapel
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shirley by: Kindle Unlimited
Olivia never seen it coming. She leaves all that she's familiar with in Illinois to move to a new town in Missouri. Her husband Derek has found a promising position there and leaves Olivia behind in Chicago to finish up things there before joining him in their new home. Olivia is not eager for this move but looks forward to sharing a new life with her husband.
Moving day comes and Olivia arrives at their new home. But where's Derek? He doesn't show up at the house. She calls his cell . No answer.
Jill
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 to 4 stars
It grabbed me from the start. The characters were likable and believable. The story concerned a young woman who was struggling to overcome her husbands infidelity and sudden death. The book had good and bad.
Good:
1. Likeable characters
2. Real life issues dealing with infidelity and God's will.
3. Well written
4. I love a book that hooks me on the first page.
Bad
1. a bit of "fluffy" Christian ideas.
2. Things wrap up a bit to quickly and neatly.
3. Quite a bit has to be assumed instead o
Samantha
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a sweet, clean story. Olivia is a strong smart woman who loses her husband, and finds out she's pregnant. She just moved to a small town, not knowing anyone, or having a job. How was she going to take care of herself, let alone a baby.
Reed Vincent needs an assistant to help out at his studio. At first he regrets hiring Olivia, she's too much of a distraction. But as his feelings grow, so do their friendship.
I liked that these two would pray and rely on God. That even if times got h
Sherri
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Clean Romance

Excellent subject. The amount of traumas suffered by these characters, and their continued faith in God is the kind of encouragement we need right now.
Remembering, as they did, to trust Him to lead you in your decisions. Sometimes you have to step back before you see the perfect place for you.
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romance with a happy ending!
Alice Marks Ripperger
It is easier to run and hide.

I like reading a book that reminds me that there are kind, open, loving strangers in this world. This book stands in sharp contrast to all the apocalypse Sci-Fy novels I've read lately. The story took a strange bend near the end, but the light of God put all in perspective. I've finished this book in a refreshed, hopeful, thankful, happier mind set. You will, too.
Amanda
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. Once again the author deals with difficult and sometimes taboo topics--death of loved ones, grieving, organ donation, unplanned/unexpected pregnancy--in a way that brings them into the light so they can be discussed. And she does this in such a wonderful way. I will continue reading all of her books that I can get my hands on.
Bonnie Jarrett
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing and different story

I had a really hard time putting the book down and loved every minute. I have read several of Deborah Raney books and this one was the best.
I not only read the story but lived it. You would not be disappointed with the story line and on to the next Deborah Raney books.
Jill Derrick
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read about life's twists and turns

Great story and how life can change in a moment. It allows you to learn to enjoy each minute as we are never promised but one day at a time.
Betty J Marcum
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book. Couldn't lay it down, good plot and lots of surprises.

Loved this book. Couldn't lay it down, good plot and lots of surprises. Good characters and the kittens. Want more.
Nancy
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Story.

I loved these characters so much that I was sad when the story ended. I haven't read a Deborah Raney book in a while, but I remembered why I love her books. I will be looking for more.
Donna Cody
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New beginnings

Absolute heart warming characters. The story was great,the emotions seemed real and the story is very plausible. Good read, although I don't think guys would care a lot for it. Great job Deborah.

Robert Ruesch
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great engaging read

Deborah Raney, gets the job done when working with penning an excellent, engaging novel. The association of words and thoughts are a comfort to the reader. Can't go wrong, unless you decide not to read this work.
Patty
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insight

Fantastic book life is going not well and then you work it out then tragedy happens then your life change's then you think all is lost but God is in charge and it all works out a must Read
Rita B
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Questioning God

Who could not relate to this? When things do not go the way we want it to or we think it should we get upset. We question God. It is not our time but Gods. It is just hard to remember that.
Mary Longoria
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insight

What a great story, love, grief, confusion, mystery all rolled into one. Hard to put down, clean friendships. So real to life.
Susan Matthews
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insight

This is a special book. You feel the feelings that Olivia feels on each page! I was kept wondering and trying to figure out the end!
Marilyn
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the young woman in this story has to overcome her husband's affair a d the death of her husband.a great read
Donna Kale
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mar
Very good!
Yvonne Ross
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This is a great read. Good story line and realistic characters. Loved it. I recommend this book while heartedly. Read it.
Rebekah
Love Deborah Raney books

This was not my favorite of her stories. A little predictable and ended too abruptly. But still an enjoyable read.
Sue Ferryman
A good afternoon read.

I am a fan of Deborah Randy. However, I did not connect with the characters of this storyline....was not there with them experiencing their story.
Lillie
I enjoyed the story, but I thought the romance was rushed at the beginning. She had just lost her husband, and it's hard to imagine that she would fall in love with another man while she was deep in grief for her husband.
Traci Sessions
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light clean romance novel

This was a nice story of two people finding each other and in spite of the circumstances falling in love. I don't know if it was intended or not but it was obvious less than halfway into the book how it was going to end.
Judy
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story

The characters were so likeable and engaging . Even though the ending was predictable it was a lovely journey to get there.
DEBORAH RANEY's first novel, A Vow to Cherish, inspired the World Wide Pictures film of the same title. Her books have since won the RITA Award, ACFW Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Readers' Choice Award, Silver Angel, and have three times been Christy Award finalists. At work on her 34th novel, Deb and her husband, Ken Raney, recently moved to the city after years of enjoying small-town lif ...more

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)