Start by marking “Insight” as Want to Read:

Insight

A shocking revelation could tear them apartor open their eyes to a whole new world. Olivia Cline has followed her husband to a new town, hoping for a fresh start after Dereks affair with a coworker. But even before they move into their new home, tragedy strikes, and Derek is gone. With no job and precious little money, how will she cope? Going back to Chicago isnt an ...more
Paperback, Re-issue/update with new epilogue, 336 pages
Published August 12th 2016 by Raney Day Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Insight, please sign up.
Amanda I'm sure it's because of how she thought she'd be perceived. Would people believe that her husband was the baby's father, or would they think she'd…moreI'm sure it's because of how she thought she'd be perceived. Would people believe that her husband was the baby's father, or would they think she'd been unfaithful to him, or at least to his memory so quickly after his death? I also think the shock of finding herself pregnant in the midst of so many life altering changes caused her to look at all the negative aspects of her pregnancy first, before she could experience the joy and wonder of having a child.(less)

Start your review of Insight
Stefanie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deborah Raney penned such a beautiful story in Insight. The storyline was somewhat predictable, with the hints of mystery easy to figure out, but I still found the story sweet and enjoyable.
Olivia Cline was a character you could see in yourself. The up and down emotions during tragedy, the confusion, the insecurities and anger. She was so relatable and it made her very likeable.
Reed Vincent was also a very relatable character and Deborah Raney described his work as an artist beautifully. I could
Hope
Deborah Raney stands above most Christian authors if this book is any indication of her talent. The characters are multi-layered and likable. The Christianity is natural, not forced, and does not offer too-easy answers to life's questions. And the writing is very good. (Clarity and ease of expression are surprisingly rare in Christian fiction.)

The book blurb makes it sound melodramatic, but it's actually a pretty solid story. I could have done without the silly epilogue, but up till that point
Oct 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite an interesting and satisfying read. Christian romantic fiction like this can often be cheesy and unrealistic, but at times I find it strangely comforting and get inexplicable cravings for it. I wish I lived in the world they describe, a world where everyone in the entire town loves God, bakes cookies, goes to church and lives in a two-storey house on a beautiful tree-lined street.
But yeah, I like the way Deborah Raney writes - she's one of the better Christian romance authors I've
Sadie VanderKodde
Too predictable, and too many errors. I realize this is an updated edition of an older version, but I can't believe editors don't catch the inconsistencies that obviously weren't updated. The doctor is a female at the beginning, a male part-way through, and then a female again a few sentences later.

Her friends are Michael and Claire Meredith at the beginning, become Michael and Claire Anderson half-way through, then are back to being the Merediths again at the end.

But it was a sweet story that
june
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I enjoyed this book. The only thing I didnt like was how Olivia reacted when she found out Reed had gotten her dead husbands corneas. It was silly. She should have been happy. Oh well I dont make the characters so what they do OT was still a good book
Ruth Kyser
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story!

What a wonderful story of God's love and faithfulness. I didn't want the book to end. Great job, Ms. Raney!
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At my local writers conference this July, I was blessed to meet author Deborah Raney and her artist husband Ken Raney. Her book Insight intrigued me because the storyline featured an artist. Since Im an artist, I decided to choose this book as my first taste of her large collection of Christian fiction titles.

I enjoy fiction, but I dont read it very often because I put my life on hold to finish the book (if its good enough). Insight drew me in and I read it all the way through on one Sunday
Shirley Chapel
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shirley by: Kindle Unlimited
Olivia never seen it coming. She leaves all that she's familiar with in Illinois to move to a new town in Missouri. Her husband Derek has found a promising position there and leaves Olivia behind in Chicago to finish up things there before joining him in their new home. Olivia is not eager for this move but looks forward to sharing a new life with her husband.
Moving day comes and Olivia arrives at their new home. But where's Derek? He doesn't show up at the house. She calls his cell . No answer.
Randy Tramp
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a new town of Hanover Falls, Missouri, tragedy hits Olivia Cline. Her husband Derek is killed. How can she make it? She needs to work and responds to a job posting.

Artist Reed Vincent had recently regained his eyesight, thanks to a corneal transplant. He needs an assistant. Olivia, an aspiring artist is just the person.

Olivia loves her job until a flash of insight that connects her past with her future.

I was into the story right from the beginning. The plot was easy to follow and very unique.
Penelope
Insight is the story about a couple who has just weathered through a difficult time in their marriage. Looking for a fresh start, they decide to quit their jobs, move, and begin afresh in a new town hoping to leave the bad memories behind and get a second chance on their marriage. But its never that simple and sometimes life takes a different turn.

Readers who like reading novels that touch on real life matters - marital issues or other thought provoking subjects; who are encouraged when
Jill
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 to 4 stars
It grabbed me from the start. The characters were likable and believable. The story concerned a young woman who was struggling to overcome her husbands infidelity and sudden death. The book had good and bad.
Good:
1. Likeable characters
2. Real life issues dealing with infidelity and God's will.
3. Well written
4. I love a book that hooks me on the first page.
Bad
1. a bit of "fluffy" Christian ideas.
2. Things wrap up a bit to quickly and neatly.
3. Quite a bit has to be assumed instead
Alice Marks Ripperger
It is easier to run and hide.

I like reading a book that reminds me that there are kind, open, loving strangers in this world. This book stands in sharp contrast to all the apocalypse Sci-Fy novels I've read lately. The story took a strange bend near the end, but the light of God put all in perspective. I've finished this book in a refreshed, hopeful, thankful, happier mind set. You will, too.
Sherri
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Clean Romance

Excellent subject. The amount of traumas suffered by these characters, and their continued faith in God is the kind of encouragement we need right now.
Remembering, as they did, to trust Him to lead you in your decisions. Sometimes you have to step back before you see the perfect place for you.
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romance with a happy ending!
PAMpublish
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This heart-breaking, yet heart-warming novel all in one maintained my attention throughout. Much character development revolving around the grieving process, although magnified triple-fold with extenuating circumstances. Sweet and clean novel with some Christian inferences, but not overwhelming the story. Perfect title to the book which encompasses themes in totality. Highly recommended, but keep the tissues nearby.
karen Singer
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

Oh my gosh!! I so loved this book. The story line of transplant hit close to home and a new marriage after widowhood. The confusing feelings of loss & betrayal; the mix of loss and love for someone gone and someone new. If this was a paper bound book, Id call it a page turner. Do we now say fast swiper? Well I couldnt stop reading it. Thank you, Deborah for filling my hours with such fine literature.
Bonnie Jarrett
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing and different story

I had a really hard time putting the book down and loved every minute. I have read several of Deborah Raney books and this one was the best.
I not only read the story but lived it. You would not be disappointed with the story line and on to the next Deborah Raney books.
Amanda
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. Once again the author deals with difficult and sometimes taboo topics--death of loved ones, grieving, organ donation, unplanned/unexpected pregnancy--in a way that brings them into the light so they can be discussed. And she does this in such a wonderful way. I will continue reading all of her books that I can get my hands on.
Genevieve Florez
Insight

As usual Deborah Raney has once again written a better book than the last one. Every book i have read is an outstanding novel with so much truth in it. I can never put her books down until i am done. She is such a gifted writer at building a wonderful story around God's truth. I enjoy reading her books and can pick up and reread.
Judie Rose Miller
Not usually my kind of a story!

This is a love story. No doubt about that, but it is filled with so many different kinds of love! Love of God, her husband, her employer, her cat, her church and her friends. What a story! Never knew what was going to happen next. Couldn't put it down or stop thinking about what was happening next!
Loretta
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raney sets up a difficult situation from the very beginning of a marriage that has gone through tough times but is on the road to recovery when a major change happens. The rest of the book deals with the consequences of that change. Likeable characters in a Midwest small town setting, but the ending was a bit predictable. I have read several of Deborah Raney's books and always enjoy them.
Patty
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It caught my interest from the start, and it kept me reading till the end. Her main characters, Olivia and Reed, were easy ones with whom to identify. The story line was perhaps not believable, but its a novel, after all. The issues with which it dealt were realistic, and she wove God into the story nicely. ...more
Nancy
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Story.

I loved these characters so much that I was sad when the story ended. I haven't read a Deborah Raney book in a while, but I remembered why I love her books. I will be looking for more.
Betty J Marcum
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book. Couldn't lay it down, good plot and lots of surprises.

Loved this book. Couldn't lay it down, good plot and lots of surprises. Good characters and the kittens. Want more.
Patty
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insight

Fantastic book life is going not well and then you work it out then tragedy happens then your life change's then you think all is lost but God is in charge and it all works out a must Read
Robert Ruesch
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great engaging read

Deborah Raney, gets the job done when working with penning an excellent, engaging novel. The association of words and thoughts are a comfort to the reader. Can't go wrong, unless you decide not to read this work.
Jill Derrick
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read about life's twists and turns

Great story and how life can change in a moment. It allows you to learn to enjoy each minute as we are never promised but one day at a time.
Donna Cody
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New beginnings

Absolute heart warming characters. The story was great,the emotions seemed real and the story is very plausible. Good read, although I don't think guys would care a lot for it. Great job Deborah.

Rita B
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Questioning God

Who could not relate to this? When things do not go the way we want it to or we think it should we get upset. We question God. It is not our time but Gods. It is just hard to remember that.
Mike Sharp
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jobsite we are God's timimh

Enjoyed this story. Even knowing how it would end the adventure getting there was enjoyable. Wish there were a few more pages detailing a little of the excitement of the last two years to enjoy that part of the journey.
Linda Yezak
Deb Raney has an amazing understanding of the human heart and an even more amazing ability to portray it in her novels. She tackles some complex emotions in this novel beautifully and brings the story to a happy-sigh ending. Great read.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Refuge at Pine Lake (Pine Haven)
  • Remembering Christmas
  • A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
  • Secondhand Secrets (Miss Main Street #1)
  • An Amish Reward: An Amish Romance Inspired by a Beloved Bible Story
  • Firstborn
  • Little Loves (The Church Dogs of Charleston #2)
  • Whispers From Yesterday
  • Perilous Treasure (Jack Turner Suspense, #4)
  • Some Say Love (Hope #3)
  • An Imperfect Promise (Abiding Love, #1)
  • What Follows After
  • All of You (Carrington Family #2)
  • If These Walls Could Talk (Joe Boyd Suspense Series Book 1)
  • A Cowboy's Reunion (Family Ties, #1)
  • No Way Up (Cimarron Legacy, #1)
  • First Wave (Northwest Counter-Terrorism Taskforce #1)
  • The Wedding Bond (Sacred Bond Friends and Family #2)
DEBORAH RANEY's first novel, A Vow to Cherish, inspired the World Wide Pictures film of the same title and launched Debs writing career. Twenty-five years, thirty-five books, and numerous awards later, she's still creating stories that touch hearts and lives. Her novels have won RWA's RITA Award, the ACFW Carol Award, the National Readers Choice Award, and the HOLT Medallion. She is also a ...more