Start by marking “Silent Hill Omnibus” as Want to Read:
Silent Hill Omnibus

Silent Hill Omnibus

(Silent Hill #1-3)

Discover the Silent Hill Omnibus, collecting over 400 pages of IDW's Silent Hill comic books into one volume - Silent Hill: Dying Inside, Silent Hill: Three Bloody Tales, and Silent Hill: Dead/Alive.
Published October 14th 2008 by IDW Publishing (first published September 29th 2008)

S.E. Lindberg
Cathartic Reading: As a longtime Silent Hill fan (since the original) I needed a fix to overcome the disappointing issues plaguing game publisher Konami: Silent Hills for PS4 promised to be awesome (involvement with Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus-walking dead actor). Then it got abruptly cancelled. I turned to Silent Hill Omnibus and Silent Hill Omnibus, Volume 2 to satiate my need to roam thru a ghost town.

The Silent Hill Omnibus omnibus comprises 5 installments of the comic adaptions fo
Casey
Jul 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was one my most anticipated reads this year. Being the big fan of the Silent Hill video games that I am, I brought this graphic novel so after I re-played the games this year I could give the graphic novels ago. This is a omnibus compiled of five silent hill graphic novels.

Having the word 'Silent Hill' associated with this messy rubbish has got to be the biggest stretch ever created to link a graphic novel to a popular franchise. Nothing about this is Silent Hill, not a monster, storyline,
K.
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Having followed the games from 1 to Origins and Homecoming I have to say that the comic book adaption does not translate well.

The writing is solid, the different parts of the story slowly blending and binding together to create something larger. However, beyond traces of the original games, the atmosphere of the story is for the most part lost.

In the first three stories the artwork is so muddled and messy that it's difficult to follow the narrative flow. The character of Christabella is somewh
Josh Miller
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ehh. I like the games much better. But not bad I suppose.
PatrickCS
Jan 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Gave up about 60 pages from the end. Just didn't care anymore and I have better books waiting in the wings.

This was pretty terrible. I was really excited for it, too - Silent Hill is one of my favorite video game series and horror properties in general.

Lots of the artwork is indecipherable and sloppy (under the guise of being 'nightmarish' and edgy, or something?) and the vast majority of the story content really felt nothing like Silent Hill and didn't connect back to any of the mythology in
Michael
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Silent Hill may not seem like the first game-to-comic choice you would think of, but with a little bit of thought you could begin to see how it is a good idea. The franchise has a hell (pun intended) of a lot of potential in this format, but this omnibus does not do the horror series justice at all. While I can see why the artists went with a rough, dark, and ragged style, it can often be extremely difficult to tell what is going on; both in terms of color and the events' proceedings. The writin ...more
Alexander Seifert
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Decent but nothing mind-blowing, despite the fact that I bought and read this when I first got into graphic novels.

As a fan of the game, I wanted to see if these stories were up to par. For the most part, they're not. They're kind of disjointed and the art-style is a little lacking in certain areas by virtue of trying to capitalize on the 'madness' of Silent Hill. In certain places, this is a definite bonus, but in others, it just feels like mediocrity.

Even reflecting back on this collection yea
Lumen
Jul 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF

The art is a chore to get through. It’s hard to make sense of anything. I’d have been willing to put in the work, if the stories were worthwhile. Unfortunately, I didn’t make it passed the first one.
Chris
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, horror-comics
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill.

I can’t overstate how much those games mean to me, which is why it pains me to say that these comics are a poor representation of a wonderful series. However, Ben Templesmith’s art is lovely.
Ally
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
So, as a disclaimer, I have a fairly limited frame of reference when it comes to Silent Hill.

I lack the patience to hunt down and play the older games, or pay money for the newer games for which I hear nothing but contempt.

My knowledge of the franchise comes from the following sources:
- the movie
- LPs on the first four games, Downpour, and Homecoming
- time spent reading the wiki out of morbid fascination
- Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation reviews

Consequently, I'm probably far less incensed about the c
Andrew
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Sadly this is very little like the games that lead me to read them. The stories are confusing, and artwork changes midway through several of them. Gets an extra star for some excellent art though. Shame its more style than substance.
Kristin
Jun 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Wow...this was the worst thing I've read in a very long time. I stopped reading in the middle of the first story and returned it. I'm a huge Silent Hill fan, so this was very disappointing. I was hoping it would keep me busy until they finally get organized and figure out the next game (since "Silent Hills" was cancelled) but this was more disappointing and confusing than the Silent Hills "PT" trailer (at least the trailer was somewhat scary, this was just dumb).

The art was fugly, not even just
Melissa
Nov 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novel
What a goddamn mess! I love silent hill. I love the games,the characters/critters & the landmarks we all know and love. This had none of those things. The artwork is terrible and indistinguishable. The story lines as well, are boring and are hard to follow. I was really excited to read this and am truly disappointed.
Griffin Youngstrum
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finally! Something to show me more of the Silent Hill universe without spending days to play the games. I dug the art style because it used hand drawn techniques while looking messy and abstract, like the aesthetic of the games.
Rowan
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While alright storywise it really didn't feel much like Silent Hill.
Leadmixer
May 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Not accurate to the series, but awesome, nonetheless. Seriously. Check it out. Pretty pricey though, I'd just skim through it or something.
Amberae
May 29, 2009 rated it liked it
not to fond of the art in the first book, but it did get better toward the end, although the story started to decay.
Martel
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Brilliantly bizarre.
Ismael
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The stories were interesting and all of them seemed to be connected in some way. I really enjoyed the comic book collection in Silent Hill Omnibus.
Sean Chick
Apr 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
Yikes! This a terrible story. The art is confusing and does nothing to build the atmosphere. Most characters are quite bad. Plot is shit.
Kyle Sweet
May 05, 2014
Christa
Apr 09, 2012
Justin Civitillo
rated it did not like it
Sep 20, 2015

• Silent Hill 2: The Novel
  • MPD Psycho, Volume 9
  • Dorohedoro, Vol. 2
  • The Angel Factory
  • Yesterday's Gone (Wet Moon #6)
  • Wormwood, Gentleman Corpse, Vol. 2: It Only Hurts When I Pee
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2
  • Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
  • Where All Stars Fail to Burn (Wet Moon #5)
  • Rin!, Volume 03
  • The Sleep of Reason: An Anthology of Horror
  • Zodiac P.I., Vol. 3 (Zodiac P.I., #3)
  • FukuFuku: Kitten Tales 1
  • Cable, Volume 1: Messiah War
  • tactics, Volume 1
  • Johnny Wander, Vol. 1: Don't Burn the House Down
  • The Nightmare Factory, Vol. 1
Scott Ciencin was a New York Times best-selling novelist of 90+ books. He wrote adult and children's fiction and worked in a variety of mediums including comic books. He created programs for Scholastic Books, designed trading cards, consulted on video games, directed and produced audio programs & TV commercials, and wrote in the medical field about neurosurgery and neurology. He first worked i ...more

Silent Hill (5 books)