Start by marking “White Trash Zombie Unchained (White Trash Zombie, #6)” as Want to Read:
White Trash Zombie Unchained (White Trash Zombie, #6)

White Trash Zombie Unchained

(White Trash Zombie #6)

Angel Crawford has finally pulled herself together (literally!) after her disastrous dismemberment on Mardi Gras. She’s putting the pieces of her life back in order and is ready to tackle whatever the future holds.

Too bad the future is a nasty bitch. There’s a new kind of zombie in town: mindless shamblers, infectious and ravenous.

With the threat of a full-blown shambler p
Published September 5th 2017 by DAW

Start your review of White Trash Zombie Unchained (White Trash Zombie, #6)
Bradley
Make no mistake, when I rate this book, I'm rating it out of sheer enjoyment. It's total popcorn goodness. AND this particular book in the series is a bit more fun than all the rest. Or at least it just feels that way.

See those crocs on the cover? See that zombie handling them? Yeah?

I'm telling you. This is FUN. It could have taken a more generally funny turn, but it didn't. It's just pure UF goodness with a tribe of zombies eating brains in exchange for immortality, secret and not so secret fa
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had such a good time with this book! I am so glad that I happened upon this series because I have really grown to love Angel and the rest of the gang over the course of the series. I have been looking forward to listening to this book ever since it was released and it turned out to be just as good as I had hoped it would be.

This is the sixth book in the White Trash Zombie series which should really be read in order since each inst
Beth
Nothing like jumping into a series 6 in, but I did the swan dive right into the swamp didn’t feel like I was treading water to try and keep up. What do you know, I’ve discovered a series that is worth heading back to the beginning and really exploring this Rowland’s world building. I also have to ask myself, Why didn’t I start this series soon? Oh, yeah, I normally stay away from all things Zombie…but here I am enjoying the heck out of the snark, banter and Angel Crawford, zombie extraordinaire. ...more
Yodamom
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hahahahahaha
4.5 Sweet Baby Zombie Angel Grows Up
Angel, is walking that relationship line not knowing where things are going or not. Rotting away may have ruined her chance for love forever. Rotting flesh tends to muck love up, it's true. Let's stay on romance here for a minute. There was a scene that was all hopeful smoochy and then it went all Uuug Eeeerg uggggg and the moment was lost ! Way to kill a smexy moment Ms. Rowland.
There seems to be an outbreak of "B" movie zombie types all around town. The sour
Rose
Mar 07, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-be-released
OMG I can't wait for this to come out! I can't wait to see the cover and I have missed Angel Crawford so much. My favorite series ever EVER of all time, did I say EVER?..well yea EVER.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
So, I didn't know this book released. I stumbled onto it when looking for my next read. I love this author. She's super sweet with a great mind. To come up with all of this I applaud her.

I'll be the first to admit, for me, the first love interest introduced in a book or series has my full support. I'm not one for heroines "dating" around unless I go into it knowing that's going to happen. So for me, Marcus is number one.

With that said, I've held a sweet spot for Nick. That whole, I hate you but
Ferdy
Angel was back to her fun self in this one, she was far, far less emo and whiny about everything. She actually had quite a lot of hilarious thoughts and moments, especially when she was around Pierce, Allen and Nick. Also, bonus points for the zombie alligators.
Diana
Jul 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: discarded-shelf
I used to love this series SO much... but lately it seems like they have lost that strength and agile narrative I liked so much...
This one in particular has to be the slowest ever. Here we find the aftermath of Angel's addiction to V12, seen in the previous book, which ended up with a killed mutated zombie thrown into the bayou. Now it seems that the epidemic with the mutated parasite is spreading, all due to some zombified gators.
Angel and the members of the Tribe are hands-on studying it to tr
Terri Wino
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2017
I'm not sure if this is meant to be the final book in the series -- it felt that way to me while reading it -- but if it is, I am totally good with the way things were tied up at the conclusion of the book.

This has been such a fun series to read, and Angel is definitely one of my favorite, scrappy characters I've read about. I love that Angel has never allowed herself to be anyone's victim, even when she has been a victim of her circumstances.

These books have had just the right mixture of humor,
Ian
Let me just say one thing.

Loveable zombie alligators.

That is all.

description

Sophia
Finally, yes finally, I had the opportunity to see what everyone was loving on. A scrappy Louisiana local girl turned zombie and her adventures told by a well-matched narrator certainly lived up to its rep. This was my kind of zombie story.

White Trash Zombie Unchained is book six in the White Trash Zombie urban fantasy series. I read it out of order and did alright, but I can most definitely see that these books build on each other and are best read/listened to in order.

The story opens with the
Latasha
This one was as good as the others in this series. It's nice to see Angel and her dad in a good relationship, caring for each other. Angel and her pet alligators! and Kristie fucking Cherish. by now, i'm pretty sure that's her middle name. but i love every time Angel says it. She's such a bad ass. Her and Mercy Thompson are my favorite urban fantasy heroines.
Allison MacLemore does such a great job reading these. if there's more, i'll listen to them too.

Pam Nelson
I really enjoyed this series, there are parts I was like what this can’t be real even in fiction lol but say la vee right. I really enjoyed the alligator scenes in this book it was oddly funny and kind of right.
The sample’s scene was hella intense and I loved it.

The Frogs oh my that had me cracking up. Fluffy ;)
I really enjoyed how all the parts of this book come together it really was interesting once I got past the re growth of body parts.

Overall I really enjoyed the series I loved Angel’s
Carien
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
I love this series.

In this book Angel has just recovered from literally falling apart, only to discover there are shamblers about and that there's a leak within the zombie organisation she's a part of.

With stuff like that going on, there's not a dull moment in this book. I was hooked from the start and had a hard time putting the book down. Angel is resourceful, smart and has great instincts, which lead her in the right direction to try and save the day, but it also puts her in the line of fire.
AudioBookReviewer
My original White Trash Zombie Unchained audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

White Trash Zombie Unchained by Diana Rowland is the sixth novel in a series called White Trash Zombie.  Angel Crawford, a recently regrown zombie, is finally returning to her normal life from her traumatic injuries. Then she learns that a new zombie type has emerged. These zombies are not like Angel or other zombies that she knows which are generally normal except for needing brains for
Christy LoveOfBooks

I always have the best time with these books, and White Trash Zombie Unchained is no exception. It was indeed another great time filled with laughter, excitement, and outstanding characters.

I love zombies! Always have and always will. However, as I said many times before, this is not your typical zombie book and is great for people who normally shy away from the whole zombie thing. The Walking Dead this is not! This definitely has more of an urban fantasy feel.

I can't even tell you how much I ad
Susan Crowe
Awesome, as usual. I truly love this series. I laughed and laughed! This is # 6.
 LEAH⇢
4.5 Out Of 5 "Zombie Love" STARS

I'm thinking this could be the conclusion of the series…if it is, I'm fine with that it tidied everything and everyone up well.  I will miss it, though.  Angel has really grown on me.  I do believe she is my favorite zombie. Her and Liv (iZombie) are running neck and neck.

Somebody finally listened to me griping about the covers because this one is perfect.  This book (the whole series, actually) is a guilty pleasure at it's best…overtly cheesy at times, but some
OutlawPoet
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so here’s the truth. I picked up the very first White Trash Zombie book because I liked the cover. Yes, I am that person who picks a book based on the cover.

I am so glad I did.

This is one of my all-time favorite series. And I hate (like all caps HATE) sentient zombies. But I love Angel and I love this series. I don’t think you need to read the prior books in order to enjoy this one. The author gives you what you need to know without boring devoted fans.

Now, in ‘Unchained’, we actually get
Misty
Feb 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stop reviewing before you've even read it!
Zaz
A pleasant sequel with some good ideas and a nice zombie vibe.

It was entertaining to follow Angel's adventures once again, facing a new mystery and a serious plague. I especially enjoyed to learn more about mature zombies and some of the oldest characters, it answered some questions previously risen. I also liked the choice for the plague, it fitted well the series, even if I was a little disappointed by the outcome. The relationships between the various characters were good, Angel took the time
TheGeekyBlogger
Listened for Fun (Audible)
Overall Rating: 4.75
Character Rating: 4.75
Story Rating: 4.50

Audio Rating: 4.50 (not part of the overall rating)

Quick Thoughts: I love this series! I'm not going to write a normal review.Big shout out to Biggie and T! They were my favorite in this outing. Angel continues to grow as a character (and Zombie) and the side characters continue to kill it! If you have not picked up this series, you really truly should!

Audio Thoughts: Audio is amazing. This is another audio on
Nichole
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angel is just starting to get back to normal after Mardi Gras. Finally back to work, and the dead guy gets up from the table. He's not a zombie like Angel, more like movie zombies. Shambling zombies. Angel and the rest of the Tribe have to figure out what's going on before more people turn and die. I love this series! I was bummed that the release date kept getting pushed back, but it was worth the wait.
Theresa
5 Stars... As the conclusion to this series, this book was sheer perfection... Our flawed yet lovable heroine, Angel Crawford, is the heart and soul of this series... We watch her stumble through life only to outshine and outclass those around her... We witness her journey in embracing herself, gaining confidence, and finding relationships that are worthy of her... This read brings Angel full circle in an exhilarating conclusion to this unique and entertaining series:)
Carolyn F.
Such a good book. This series is consistently good but this book exceeds the previous books a little which is really unusual. I loved the zombiegators. The romance was okay, but not really understandable on the guys part, especially in this book. But overall a really great book/great series.
Tanya Davis
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you haven't heard of it before, the White Trash Zombie series follows Angel Crawford. She starts out as a drug-addicted high school drop out until one day she is turned into a zombie and finds herself working in the county morgue. Fast forward six books and we have a totally different Angel. She's been through a lot. Has spent some time rotting and then recuperating. Now she is out in the world again, ready to get back to work and school. Unfortunately, things start to go out of control right ...more
Fangs for the Fantasy
Last book Angel, literally, fell apart. It’s a zombie problem.

She’s back together now - but there’s another zombie problem: Shamblers. Mindless, hungry, aggressive… and contagious. Suddenly all of those fantastical images of a zombie apocalypse seem very real. And no matter what the outcome, it won’t end well for the zombies of the Tribe

The Tribe is willing to go to extreme levels to find a cure as soon as possible, even work with sworn enemies like Christy Charish. As more and more of their hum
Tomer
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite a refreshingly nice final book for the series, closing most of the open threads with style. As always Angel gets into trouble, but manages to rise out of the dark outcome with the help of both her wits and friends {living and the not}. It had some sassy amusing moments throughout and it did reach a nice conclusion {with potential to continue} with plenty of plots and character developments.
☕️Kimberly
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For those of you thinking ZOMBIES, I don't do zombies. Stop because this is not a typical zombie book. Think iZombie. It is filled with mystery, humor and some of the funniest characters. Are there brain slurpies? Sure, but it's all quite civilized, and the zombies live among us. Angel Crawford is our protagonist, and the girl is crazy, smarter than she thinks and a total kickass. Haven't started the series? Check out my review of the first book, My Life As A White Trash Zombie.

In White Trash Zo
Gillian Murrell
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read for the White Trash Zombie series. If Angel is not recusing a tub full of frogs from a certain painful death, she could be starting her own family of zombie crocs. It appears the crocs are infecting the human population with a zombie virus. In order to try and find a cure Angel and the Tribe team up with the enemy. That is never a good sign. While all this is going on Kang is no longer just a head. He has now grown a body and its time to wake up.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Imaginary Numbers (InCryptid, #9)
  • Always Be My Banshee (Mystic Bayou, #4)
  • Dead Things (Eric Carter #1)
  • Tricks for Free (InCryptid, #7)
  • Fledgling (Sorcery and Society, #2)
  • Magic for Nothing (InCryptid, #6)
  • That Ain’t Witchcraft (InCryptid, #8)
  • Andrea Vernon and the Superhero-Industrial Complex (Andrea Vernon, #2)
  • Fear
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Chaos Choreography (InCryptid, #5)
  • Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)
  • Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, #1)
  • Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 5
  • Gotham High
  • Careless Whiskers (Cat in the Stacks #12)
  • Junkyard Cats
Diana Rowland worked as a bartender, a blackjack dealer, a pit boss, a street cop, a detective, a computer forensics specialist, a crime scene investigator, and a morgue assistant, which means that she's seen a lot of weird crap. She won the marksmanship award in her Police Academy class, has a black belt in Hapkido, has handled numerous dead bodies in various states of decomposition, and can't ro ...more

White Trash Zombie (6 books)
  • My Life as a White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie, #1)
  • Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues (White Trash Zombie, #2)
  • White Trash Zombie Apocalypse (White Trash Zombie, #3)
  • How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back (White Trash Zombie, #4)
  • White Trash Zombie Gone Wild (White Trash Zombie #5)

News & Interviews

“The good thing about hugs: when you give one, you get one too.” 2 likes
“I’m Angel Crawford. Coroner’s Office.” I pointed to the logo on my work shirt. “I’m partnering with Dr. Charish in this medical mystery investigation.” 0 likes