Start by marking “Shielded by the Cowboy SEAL (SOS Agency #2)” as Want to Read:
Shielded by the Cowboy SEAL (SOS Agency #2)

Shielded by the Cowboy SEAL

(SOS Agency #2)

The SOS Agency grants one Navy SEAL his most personal mission yet...

Home on leave at his family farm, Navy SEAL Cooper Johnson receives an unexpected assignment: to protect a beautiful socialite on the run from her abusive ex. Grieving his kid sister, a brave cop killed in the line of duty due to a faulty bulletproof vest, Coop is in no mood for work--until he meets Meg T
Published February 7th 2017 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Shielded by the Cowboy SEAL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shielded by the Cowboy SEAL

Natalie The Biblioholic
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 "Coop can rescue me" stars!!

Meg was a woman on the run and she was holding deadly secrets. Although she'd led a life of privilege, she basically fled with only her dog and the clothes on her back. Her husband was a monster and she had to get far away from him. Thanks to her best friend, she found a safe haven with a Navy SEAL, Cooper, and his family. Cooper was burdened by grief after his sister died due to a defective bulletproof vest. He was seeking justice against the company that manufac
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below! Domestic abuse, Cowboy SEAL, and murder! See full review on The Book Disciple
Books and Spoons
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shielded by the Cowboy SEAL is a rapidly unfolding story filled with suspense, danger, and threat mixed with ardent attraction and tender adoration that melted my heart.
Navy SEAL Cooper Johnson is as alpha male as they come. He is protective, loyal, tough, and fierce, with a streak of a tender side when it comes to his loved ones and the animals in his care. He is not perfect, making him even more lovable, his temper is on a tight lease, his judgement might come quickly at times, but his heart
Paula Legate
I really enjoyed this book. The suspense was excellent. The twist and turns kept me turning the next page to find out what would happened. I never imagined how the story would play out. Love a book that I can't guess the ending. The action, and romance was also good.

Meg was a great heroine. She was on the run. She had to hide from her soon to be ex husband. He had beat her throughout their marriage. Now she is holding on to deadly secrets and scared to tell anyone or trust anyone but herself. Co
Tash
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by the author in exchange for a honest review

Shielded by the Cowboy Seal is my first book by Vanak despite being aware of this author and being want to read one of her novels for a while. When the opportunity came up to read her upcoming romance suspense novel . I jumped at the chance and wasn’t disappoint.

I don’t get enough of suspense into my schedule and when I do I expect a lot as I want to be entertained and kept guessing. I
Leslie
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping story of how this family took her in, cared for her and they all fell in love with her. But it's unfortunate that as she begins to unravel her life and what others did, how it strangely connects to this families life. Can the one she's fallen in love with, ever forgive her after he spent so much time helping her to learn to trust them?
Bec

4.5 Stars

Meg Taylor is in serious need of protection from her soon-to-be ex-husband, and there's only one man for the job, Navy Seal Cooper Johnson. Somehow, Cooper finds himself warming up to the one woman he shouldn't, especially once he learns how her past coincides with the death of his sister; a sister he is still grieving. Can he keep Meg safe and forgive her for the past, so they can have a future together?

What a wonderful book Ms. Vanak has penned for her second story in her SOS Agency
Amelia
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the second SOS Agency story, a woman who has been abused by her husband needs help, and the organization run by a good friend’s husband finds her a place to stay while making decisions about her future. This puts two people together that are seeking answers for different problems, and trust needs to be built between them or even more danger may come into her life. From the moment I started reading SHIELDED BY THE COWBOY SEAL, I was totally caught up in the many fascinating events happening to ...more
Mommaleena

•Rescued
Meg has finally escaped her abusive husband with the help of her friend Lacey and her husband thanks to their SOS Agency. They've also arranged for a safe place and protection until she can find the documentation she needs to put her soon to be ex-husband in prison. Meg knows she's on her own (except for her little dog Sophie that doesn't like men), she doesn't trust anyone, and she doesn't want to put anyone else in danger.
While home on leave helping his mother, Coop a Navy SEAL is a
Christine Mize
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They say good things come in small packages and that definitely applies to Shielded by the Cowboy Seal. That amount of story packed into this book is mind boggling - from domestic and animal abuse, to the grief of losing a sibling,to the challenges both our police force and our military face trying to keep the peace and stay safe. My heart broke for Meg, a Palm Beach socialite on the run from a abusive husband. She is also trying to clear her name and help protect those who depend on her familie ...more
Jessica Figueroa
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Meg Taylor is on the run from her abusive ex husband, and is as of now under the care of Navy SEAL Cooper Johnson. Cooper is on a mission to find the people responsible for the faulty vest that cost the life of his sister, meanwhile Meg has a secret that could ruin her life because shes responsible for the death of someone. Both will do what they can with their side problem but the one ever present problem is Megs ex stalking them.

I loved the suspense of this book. It was complex and at times pr
Tracey
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*
This is the story of Navy Seal Cooper Johnson (Coop) who is home on leave after his sister was killed in a domestic. She had been wearing a faulty bulletproof vest and Coop just wanted to grieve his sister and work the ranch.
When he is asked to do an urgent assignment by his ex boss from his unit and who is now the CEO of SOS Agency. The assignment is to look after a soon to be divorcee running from her abusive Ex, Meg Taylor and her dog.
C
Gloria Brzny
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was an enjoyable easy read. it was a good story about Meg and Cooper meeting and getting to know each other in spite of Meg's secret. the mystery made suspects out of a lot of people especially Meg's soon to be ex husband. the twist at the end was great. I enjoyed the year later follow-up too.
J.C
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Meg is a woman on the run from her abusive ex. After calling on a sorority sister from college, she becomes part of a program designed to help those in her situation. Her case comes with the added trouble - association with a company manufacturing faulty bulletproof vests.
Cooper Johnson, Navy Seal, is home on leave to help his family after his sister is killed in the line of duty. Accepting a temporary assignment of protecting the friend of his ex-superior’s wife, he spends his off time trying
Yvonne Cruz
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I saw the title of this book I was drawn to it even though the author was one I was not familiar with. Boy, am I glad I got it.
This book is the second one in Ms Vanak’s series titled SOS Agency. I have not read the 1st one, and can attest to the fact that it is a stand alone.
The book centers around Cooper, A Navy Seal on leave, while helping his family run their bed and breakfast, as well as help in the healing after the death of his younger sister.
Meg, is a Palm Beach socialite on the run
BookSnuggle
Shelves: romance
Shielded by the Cowboy SEAL by Bonnie Vanak is book number two in the SOS Agency series. This is Navy SEAL Cooper Johnson and Meg Taylor's story.

Cooper is on leave to help his mother with the family farm. Also, it has only been six months since his sister was killed in the line of duty as a cop due to a defective bulletproof vest. He is determined to find who is responsible for the defective vest. Family comes before anyone or anything else.

Meg needs a safe place to get away from her abusive hus
Lynn Brooks
4 1/2 STARS!

Fast paced and filled with intrigue! We follow along and chase the clues with them right up until the end to figure out who all of the bad guys are. This group of characters were fun to read about.

Meg Taylor is lucky to have an old friend that puts her in touch with someone who can help her when she needs it most. She’s carrying a lot of secrets with her though, and eventually they are going to come back to bite her if she doesn’t soon trust Coop enough to let him help her.

Navy SEAL
Bookworm027
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 Stars

Meg is a woman on the run from an abusive and dominating soon-to-be ex-husband. She's utilizing an Underground Railroad for battered women and her new protector is none other than Navy Seal Cooper Johnson. Coop and his family are still grieving the tragic loss of a family member from a defective bulletproof vest and he's made it his mission to bring down M. E. Reilly. But, Meg carries a secret that may tear the fami
Jen
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star, arc, owned, reviewed, romcom
Loved the mystery and the path it took, but for me personally, Cooper and Meg were missing chemistry. I did like the somewhat slower progress of their relationship. Overall a well written story that can be read as a standalone.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. I was not compensated for this review, all conclusions are my own.
Deanna
*ARC provided by Publisher*

When a woman goes on the run from her abusive soon-to-be ex-husband, Navy SEAL Cooper Johnson agrees to keep her safe on his family’s ranch. He never expected to fall for a woman like Meg, but soon enough, he’s falling hard and protecting her with all he has.

I really loved this story! It had a lot going on, with the characters and with the suspense, and it made for a complex, fast-paced, and well-written read. The chemistry between the characters developed at a great p
Becca
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a fast-paced, suspenseful read then Shielded is the story for you.

The book centers around Cooper, who is a Navy Seal who is on leave visiting his family. While there he receives an assignment to help keep a wealthy socialite, Meg, safe from her abusive husband. What better place that to have her blend than in with the handsome Seal/Cowboy on his family's ranch.

Both Meg and Cooper where complex characters with a great connection that kept you drawn to the story. This was s
Babs
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, seals, western
Meg is on the run from her abusive husband and is headed to see Copper Johnson and ex Seal. Coop is trying to find out who is the real person responsible for the faulty vest he bought his sister who use top be a cop and got killed while wearing the vest. On the other end Meg has a secret that she has killed someone and her husband knows how and why. Can they come together and and help each other?

The writing is great and the suspense in the book was even better than I expected. Some of the story
Becky
Jan 31, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF just past 30%. So much repetition, and wasn't really feeling much of a connection between the hero and heroine--had trouble making myself believe the plot.
Erin
Marcy
Jan 05, 2018
Alejandra Torres
Feb 06, 2018
Bonnie Vanak fell in love with romance novels during childhood. While cleaning a hall closet, she discovered her mother’s cache of paperbacks and started reading. Thus began a passion for romance and a lifelong dislike for housework.

After years of newspaper reporting, Bonnie became a writer for a major international charity. She travels to destitute countries such as Haiti to write about famine, d

SOS Agency (3 books)
  • Navy SEAL Seduction (SOS Agency #1)
  • Navy SEAL Protector (SOS Agency, #3)