Start by marking “Shielding Lily” as Want to Read:
Shielding Lily

Shielding Lily

It’s Lily Parker’s first day at a new high school. She’s a senior finishing her last semester, and all she wants to do is graduate and get out of town. Her home life is a secret hell, and she’s trying to find a way out. But everything changes when Ren says hello and sees right through to her truth.

Ren Hendrick’s succeed's at everything he touches, including football. But h
Published September 11th 2016

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4 Sticky Sweet Smut Scale Stars

Something that I love about Alexa Riley is that you always know what you are going to get:

-Overly possessive alpha male
-Innocent - usually virgin - heroine
-No cheating
-Over the top sweetness
-Over the top SMUT

And I really love that whenever I am in the mood for any of those things I can always count on an AR book to deliver as promised.

description

I'm not looking for Alexa Riley to write War and Peace, or to "improve," or to become "more refined," as they start to write more a
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★1/2! Shielding Lily (stand-alone). Fairytale love hits two lonely high school students & takes them on detour towards epic love!

“Please, Ren. I’m so close.”
“Me too, babe. I’m about to cum just eating your pussy.”

Shielding Lily (stand-alone) opens up to high school senior Lily Parker’s first day in a new school after having lost her mom and relocating with her alcoholic father for the up-tenth time.

High school senior and football star Ren Hendrick walks to the beat of his own drum
XxTainaxX
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite AR story to date. Of course, it hit me right in the feels because I was fortunate to find my love young. Ren was going through the motions in school until he met Lily and found his passion. Together, they discover the sweetness of tender love. Add the signature AR OTT goodness that make these shorties so darn irresistible and you've got a wonderful read. The plot was interesting and touched on the sensitive subject of physical abuse with tact. I enjoyed the epilogues immense ...more
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

It's Lily Parker’s first day at a new high school. She's almost 18 and ready to be out on her own. In her first class she sits down next to Ren Hendrick aka popular football star. One look at Lily has all Ren's protective instincts on high alert. What ensues between these two is toothackingly sweet...

description
"I love you, Lily Parker,” I say, looking into her big blue eyes. She smiles at me so sweetly it makes my heart ache. “The second I saw you, I fell, babe. I fell hard and fast. I want to spend the
Coco.V
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it

Shielding Lily was a great read. This book was something new and for me it was by far the sweetest story from my favorite smut duo. It was so much more than what I was expecting and a nice change of pace comparing to other AR’s books because the characters are both eighteen-years-old high school students, and both virgins. I’m not usual someone who love teenage romance but I loved this one.

Lily Parker is starting a new high school for the fourth time in the past two years. Alcohol is her father
Maya
Solid 4 stars!

All I can say is thank God for AR and her smut books, that know how to bring me out of one of my worse book slumps ever! I haven't read anything in the last two weeks or so and I was seriously giving up hope to get into reading again, because I tried, unsuccessfully, to read more than a page per day of a book that I've been reading now for more than a whole month and still haven't finished. And then I saw that a new AR book was coming out and obvioulsy I had to get it. And boy, the
Gi's Spot Reviews
IT'S LIVE!!!

OMG!!!! Talk about knocking it out of the park!!! Yes, just when I thought I couldn't love these authors more, Alexa Riley managed to leave me speechless...
They completely knocked me out on three fronts! First and biggest, everyone who knows me, knows that YA is definitely not one of my fav genres, and that I tend to stay away from me, but this book, and specially this hero, blew my predefined ideas, because it really made forget that I was reading this genre, and for the very firs
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Alexa Riley Fans, OTT Alphas, Romance
4 The Dream Comes True Stars
* * * * IT'S LIVE!!!
If you thought Alexa Riley was a one note wonder... you haven't been paying attention to the developing career of these two women who write with this pen name. Yes, they are infamous for Smutty, Dirty, Raw, OTT Alphas and their women. They have conquered all types of genres in their books with this formula... yet there is something else happening...With their tongue pressed firmly in cheek...they have decided to touch on some softer, sweeter themes
Chantal ❤️
3.5 Perfectly Happy stars

You know that moment when you read the perfect book and you say to yourself, NOTHING WILL EVER TOP THIS BOOK.
This is that type of book.
Yes it was an insta/love book filled with sweetness and tender moments but it was almost like it too much for me.
I LOVED THIS BOOK don't get me wrong and I will reread it.
However, there was very little conflict and the story was light.
I really felt like I was in high school again with the drama of bitchy cheerleaders thinking they a
Erika
5 stars!!

So I know others may find it strange that I rated an erotica novella a "full-5-stars" when I rarely give anything that rating (in fact, this is only the 3rd book this year -- and I have read 148 books so far). But when I read a book that made me giddy with romantic happiness (start to finish) and where I didn't wish some things were omitted or changed....well then, it warrants a full-5-stars. (I do rate many books 4.5 or 4.75 BTW -- and of course round up).

Anyway....yeah...this was awe
TheresaDK
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 - sugary guilty pleasure - stars!

Is it me or was this longer than normal...? It felt a bit longer, took a bit more time to push through, or maybe I was enjoying myself more than usual.

Hump photo: stormtrooper air hump stormtrooper_hump.gif

Oh and the book was longer too! 143 pages rather than the normal 90-ish ;-)

I think that's why Shielding Lily is one of their best works to date. I was finally able to feel a better connection with the MCs, well more than usual (usual being zip, zero, nada, nill.. You get the picture). This was a bit (emphasis o
Elle
4* call your dentist STARS!!

description

I don't remember when the last time I read super sweet romance. Yeah, Alexa Riley promised this book will be like that. Whatever she writes, I always read it. Like it or not. And I'm surprised that I quite enjoyed Shielding Lily.

Lily Parker has to survive her last year in new school. She recently
Cyndi
This book was just what I needed! A sweet, safe, romantic story with some hot, steamy scenes! I loved that Ren and Lily were each other's firsts for everything! This is my favorite type of romance! Ren was so sweet and loving for a huge tough football player and Lily was a total sweetheart. This book was pure enjoyment for me and I loved the numerous epilogues!
Maria...
"4,5 Shielding Lily stars"

This was so sweet and hot at the same time! I really enjoyed it. I liked the blurb since the first time I read it and I couldn't wait to get it in my greedy hands. When I got it I was like...

description

No, kidding. It was more like this...

description

I love AR's books and this one was about two high school student finding their way. Ren had everything but something was missing from his life...his real passion for something or someone...
Lily was shy and a loner. She had very little things to m
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Lily's Shield' Stars!

It's been a while since my last book by these two amazing ladies and I do have to say I really enjoyed this sugary sweet (and sexy!) love story! It felt fresh (because we have two young main characters) and I loved it to the last page. Definitely recommend it if you enjoyed AR in the past!
Bookloverme
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book deserves more than a 5-star rating. I love it! It's perfect! The kind of story I won't get tired re-reading. And I'm glad I chose this as my first read this year. A great start for me.

The story is about Ren and Lily.

It's her first day in school. She's a transfer student. A senior and in her last semester. She wanted to move out after high school, away from her alcoholic and abusive father.

Ren plays center and got a full scholarship in college. He's smart and he's not your typical footb
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2016, insta-lust
3.5 *yaaaay finally a AR book to love* stars!!

Well well .. look whose writing a GOOD review about an AR book.

I have read more than 3 books of Alexa Riley and all were a bummer for me, some was good but i have never ever given a AR book more than 2 stars, So this is a first.

Whenever we pick a AR book, some things are a MUST in that book.

- An Alpha-asshole hero with a big heart for her lady.
- Total caveman.
- A virgin.
- Blackmailing.
- No Solid plot line(well i little bit story but not a solid o
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Alexa Riley" In exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!
TITLE: Shielding Lily
AUTHOR: Alexa Riley
GENRE: YA | CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS:
RELEASE DATE: September 13th 2016

MY RATING: 4 STARS

SHIELDING LILY: Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives' Lily Parker & Ren Hendrick
With it being Lily's first day at her new school she's feeling all kinds of trepidation and is hoping that she can be as invisible like she normally is.

That's so not the case in t
Roksana
What a Hero! When do you find a man that helps his parents and is grateful for the life he leads? This is the man...He's such a gentleman and a sweetheart! I love to read about a man that is a virgin, but that does not ever in any way takes his masculinity! This is a real value to portray for a man, and not a slutty, teenage manwhores you are becoming so familiar, its becoming scary how young people approach sex these days, with no regards to safety and morals. Alexa Riley on the other hand, giv ...more
Jayme
Absolutely beautiful and fantastic! It's a little different than usual in the Alexa Riley world, but thanks to that, fresh and even better!

Ren Hendrick is eighteen year old A-student and a high school football star. But he isn't a typical jock. He is quiet and a loner. Doesn't care about the girls until he saw her. Lily Parker immediately had his attention. Lily moved from school to school. She prefers to be invisible and dream about turning eighteen and getting out of abusive home. But on the f
Kate
++2.5++

Huh... so I really dont know what to write here.

This one didnt do it for me.
I guess i was expecting too much... Again. I have to stop idealizing books.

The first day in new school was way too long for me and i was even thinking about skimming which is kind of weird when its short story. I didnt feel connected to any of them, even when it was longer than usual, and although i like sugar sweet stories with both MC being virgins, this one wasnt working for me. Also I didnt like that heroin
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who believe in true love
4 Guilty Pleasure stars

If I think about it rationally, I should hate this book. Seriously, the amount of ridiculousness in it (not the LOL kind, but the WTF) was sky high. Yet, I loved it. Hence the "guilty pleasure".

So, Lily is this sweet, frail girl whose father beats her while she's is trying to wade anonymously through high school to be able to save some money and move out to go to college. What she hasn't planned is Ren. He's depicted by other people as this asocial football star, who we le
Mysza
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
*** 3,5 stars ***
Claire Robinson
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - "Is there always an empty seat next to you..?""...Not anymore." Stars!

Awwwwww, I absolutely adored this sweet and sexy offering from the dynamic duo, is there no trope that they cannot take to their imaginations and deliver an outstanding story from.

Our story started out a little shaky, but there’s so much ahead of us…

I personally haven’t discovered one as yet, and the younger couple in Shielding Lily offered up just the right amount of innocence before going Mach 4 on the horny teen sc
Tina
3 sweet stars

This was enjoyable book, but a little too sweet for me.
I am not a big love of angst but I kinda wish there was more conflict or something because on the moments it felt flat to me. He was sweet alpha and everything but I didn't feel more that I could say 'book boyfriend'.
I just didn't have that connection with either h or H.
I wanted more. But it fulfilled my sweet smutty AR dose.

___________________________________________________________
Before reading:

I neeeeeeeeeed this
I am ord
Deborah
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 - 4*

Okay so the dental warning on this was appropriate. This is super sweet and fabulous.

Ren is the star football player and grade A student. He already has his football scholarship to Minnesota. Surprisingly Ren is still a virgin. He’s not interested in the girls at school. Or anyone really. He keeps to himself, rarely talks and just loves his life. Until Lily. One look at Lily and he knows she’s the one.

Lily’s life changed drastically after her mother’s death. Her father lost himself in t
Jeannine Allison
4.5 stars...

I've only read a couple AR books, but this is probably my favorite one to date. I loved it from the very beginning, and no, I'm not talking about the first sentence, I'm talking about the dedication:
"This book is for those that found love when everyone thought they were too young to know what it was. We should all be lucky enough to find our forever so soon."
description

One of the things I love about AR is that the characters own their insta-love. Ren in particular here--he knows 100% how he f
Sybil aka Lala
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Rose by any other name
would smell as sweet
Though this book is nothing so lame
but more Cinderella with bare feet

Here we have sweet Lily
and Ren who is hotter than chilli
Two virgins, two peas in a pod
who thought babies only came from god

Though it wasn’t the almighty
who lifted Lily’s nightie
and made her bloom like an Orchid
with acts that were sordid

They wanted to be discreet
But after one round
to my pleasure I found
they wanted to repeat and repeat and repeat

It wasn’t all banging
and hours of shaggin
Barbara➰
Absolute perfection! Sugary sweet, delicious perfection! Some sexy times and a beautiful love story. And can we just pause here in honor of those fabulous MULTIPLE epilogues? Like I said...absolute perfection.
Bev
This was so sweet it gave me toothache and I bloody loved it. I absolutely love seeing a hero all in from the get go and Ren sure was ALL IN.

A great little read that didn't feel rushed at all. Did I say I loved it?

• Glass Cage
  • DILF
  • Don't Look
  • Pursuit
  • Plowed (Blue Collar Bad Boys, #7)
  • Ruby and the Beast
  • His Dirty Secret (Best Friend, #2)
  • Baby Wanted (A Bundle of Joy)
  • Give In
  • Mr. Blakely
  • The Princess in His Bed
  • Royally Bedded, Regally Wedded (By Royal Command, #6)
  • The Taming (Black Thunder, #1)
  • Night Angel
  • Violets in the Snow (Dukes Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • The Maid and the Billionaire Prince (He Wanted Me Pregnant!)
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us ea
“I’m gonna kiss you, Lily Parker. Because you’re the sweetest and most beautiful girl I’ve ever met, and if I don’t I might die. But once I do, you’re gonna belong to me.” 23 likes
“Lily, if you left this earth and left me behind, I’d be miserable. I probably wouldn't want to live. But you know what? If you left me with our baby girl, I’d spend my whole life raising her the best I could. Making sure I did right by her and by you. Making sure that everything I did would make you happy and proud of me. You’d leave this earth knowing that I would give our children everything. You would have no doubt about that. Not doing that, not taking care of the babies we made together, would mean that I didn’t love you, that you didn’t mean the world to me. Because if something means that much to you, then it means that much to me. If I were him, I’d grab hold of anything that reminded me of the woman I loved.” 15 likes